Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: A Stormy Affair

• Start Topic

Whitney and Buddy return from Alaska, raising questions about their relationship; a guest teacher shows BGDC how to twerk; Babs undergoes eye surgery as a massive hurricane approaches; Whitney, Buddy and Tal hunker down and wait for the storm to hit.

Airs March 12, 2019.

BGDC needs "a guest teacher" to show them how to twerk? That's about the only "dance move" Twit has taught them in 6 seasons.

Is twerking even a thing any more? I don't keep up with dance moves, but I never hear it mentioned. I hear that flossing is the move now.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Dot said:

BGDC needs "a guest teacher" to show them how to twerk? That's about the only "dance move" Twit has taught them in 6 seasons.

Is twerking even a thing any more? I don't keep up with dance moves, but I never hear it mentioned. I hear that flossing is the move now.

I have no idea if twerking is still ‘in” but I checked out that flossing dance. You don’t seem to move your feet so it’s right up Whitney’s alley. Maybe that’s what she was trying to do in the ‘meat jacket’ video. Although the arms are supposed to go alternate between going in front and behind the body. 

Maybe they need a guest teacher to learn to twerk so they can see actual movement in the butt rather than a big, gelatinous blog shaking around. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I have no idea if twerking is still ‘in” but I checked out that flossing dance. You don’t seem to move your feet so it’s right up Whitney’s alley. Maybe that’s what she was trying to do in the ‘meat jacket’ video. Although the arms are supposed to go alternate between going in front and behind the body. 

Maybe they need a guest teacher to learn to twerk so they can see actual movement in the butt rather than a big, gelatinous blog shaking around. 

Isn't that the old Pee Wee Herman dance!?!

• LOL 3

Buddy needs "stability" now? Christ, he isn't a 15 year old from a broken home, he is a loser in his 30s who is damn lucky at his age to have parents that will put a roof over his head when he has done absolutely nothing meaningful with his adult life.

And secondly how is Whit going to provide this alleged stability, she is as big of a loser as he is if not more that has managed to parlay her shamelessness into some sort of steady income without out any job or accomplishments to speak of despite every opportunity handed to her to make something of her life.

• Love 22

Twit said something about Todd not showing up while they're having an amazing "guest choreographer" visiting (or something like that) - umm.  He's teaching them to twerk.  Todd is probably not showing up on purpose.  It's hard to take someone seriously who is the "king of twerking" or "twerk king" - whichever it was.   I'm in a hotel and can't rewind. 🤓

• Love 11

🤢🤮 when Twitney bent over....the gross cellulite, bumps & blobs of fat on back of her thighs.  For someone who’s shown working out all the time she doesn’t lose an ounce

• Love 10
Just now, DNR said:

🤢🤮 when Twitney bent over....the gross cellulite, bumps & blobs of fat on back of her thighs.  For someone who’s shown working out all the time she doesn’t lose an ounce

Production hates her. Every time they film her dancing or exercising they have only hugely unflattering shots. Of course, maybe that's all there is.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

I really hate that she ate at Moose's Tooth and I miss that place so much. She better not mention having a Kaladi Latte, that would really get me.  Think I am heading up to AK in August, I  miss all this. I will hike Winner Creek just because.

• Love 7

Having a bunch of straight women lusting after the body of a fit gay dude, like I don't even know where to start with this show.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7

I missed the alarm and am just catching up.  Did Babs have cataract surgery?

I had this a couple of years ago and I put my own eye drops in. The only thing Aliya jr did for me was take me to the surgery, hang out at the hospital, pick me up, and take me to a restaurant after, and then back to the hospital for a final check. Oh, OK. Maybe that was a lot...

• Love 5

Probably the only time I've empathized with Whitney is the feeling of waiting for that storm for days.  I live where it made landfall but evacuated and could not get back home for almost 2 weeks. 

• Love 2
Just now, aliya said:

I missed the alarm and am just catching up.  Did Babs have cataract surgery?

I had this a couple of years ago and I put my own eye drops in. The only thing Aliya jr did for me was take me to the surgery, hang out at the hospital, pick me up, and take me to a restaurant after, and then back to the hospital for a final check. Oh, OK. Maybe that was a lot...

Yes my husband had it recently.  It really was not a big deal.  He certainly was not an invalid lying in bed.

• Love 7
Just now, Donut Bear said:

Yes my husband had it recently.  It really was not a big deal.  He certainly was not an invalid lying in bed.

I was 20/400 before the surgery. I'm 20/20 & 20/25 now. No contacts, no glasses, freedom!

• Love 13
Just now, Donut Bear said:

The idea that two affluent, socially active seniors would not be incredibly familiar with how routine cataract surgery is literally unbelievable.

• Love 14

Funny this ad where the girl worries she won’t get into college because of her low test scores. Today it was announced that Felicity Hoffman along with 50 others were arrested for bribing their kids into college.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, John M said:

I'm still amazed that Whit seems to genuinely think highly of her ability to dance despite her lived experience.

Whitney seems to genuinely think highly of everything she does despite her lived experience. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, Concerned said:

Funny this ad where the girl worries she won’t get into college because of her low test scores. Today it was announced that Felicity Hoffman along with 50 others were arrested for bribing their kids into college.

I work in a university. We were having a good laugh over this today. Why in the world would you do something so stupid?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

I work in a university. We were having a good laugh over this today. Why in the world would you do something so stupid?

You have been very lucky to not have experienced having to deal with someone whose only qualification of their position at some point had to have been their college degree, that is dumb as a box of hammers, and you are honestly surprised that they graduated from high school.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Usually I just feel contempt for the people in this show in a fun way, but tonight I was hating everyone.  Including that twerking dude wearing all the makeup.  And honestly show - no one believes or will ever believe after all this time that Buddy and Whitney are a thing.  Come up with something new to talk about or send this cast packing.  😞

• Love 16
1 minute ago, princelina said:

Usually I just feel contempt for the people in this show in a fun way, but tonight I was hating everyone.  Including that twerking dude wearing all the makeup.  And honestly show - no one believes or will ever believe after all this time that Buddy and Whitney are a thing.  Come up with something new to talk about or send this cast packing.  😞

These worthless people have no boundaries, no sense of shame and apparently no need for privacy.  Do we really care at all about Buddy and his need to air every emotion and insecurity?  Or about Heather and whether she is over Buddy or not.  Or about the drama of Babs cataract surgery or Glenn’s hearing aid, things most seniors have at one time or another. Or about Whitney and her self delusional aggrandizement about her physical prowess and how every man she encounters is wildly sexually attracted to her.  

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

These worthless people have no boundaries, no sense of shame and apparently no need for privacy.  Do we really care at all about Buddy and his need to air every emotion and insecurity?  Or about Heather and whether she is over Buddy or not.  Or about the drama of Babs cataract surgery or Glenn’s hearing aid, things most seniors have at one time or another. Or about Whitney and her self delusional aggrandizement about her physical prowess and how every man she encounters is wildly sexually attracted to her.  

We do not!!

• Love 11

Does Buddy have any ambition at all? Sitting around and complaining about his crappy life seems to be the only thing he does best. Ugh, what a mouth breathing slacker.

The twerking guy? Just another random You Tuber who will do anything for more exposure. Although he did show up camera ready, make up and all. Whit actually seem unsure about her twerking skills which was surprising because of her overinflated, "I can do anything" attitude.

I think Heather is still uncomfortable about the supposed Buddy/Whitney saga. Her body language seemed really tense,  and I hope she didn't really end up in therapy because of Buddy dumping her. 

As usual, baby Harper and the kitties stole the show.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, John M said:
3 hours ago, John M said:

The idea that two affluent, socially active seniors would not be incredibly familiar with how routine cataract surgery is literally unbelievable.

I'm 80. I had my consultation with an eye surgeon this afternoon, having escaped cataract surgery for more years than most ppl. I'm set for the surgery on my left eye Apr 11.

"In and out in 15 minutes," the surgeon said, adding it was a very common surgery.

I am surgery-phobic, yet cataract surgery doesn't scare even me since it is such a routine procedure. I agree with @John M. I haven't seen the episode yet, but if everyone is making a big production over this surgery, there is much ado about nothing, as usual where Twit is concerned.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Dot said:

I'm 80. I had my consultation with an eye surgeon this afternoon, having escaped cataract surgery for more years than most ppl. I'm set for the surgery on my left eye Apr 11.

"In and out in 15 minutes," the surgeon said, adding it was a very common surgery.

I am surgery-phobic, yet cataract surgery doesn't scare even me since it is such a routine procedure. I agree with @John M. I haven't seen the episode yet, but if everyone is making a big production over this surgery, there is much ado about nothing, as usual where Twit is concerned.

I saw this scene and then moved on to a rerun of another show - far more interesting LOL.

I thought Glenn and Babs were the appropriate amount of nervous/worried. Both mentioned that it was supposed to be simple and Glenn said it’s still worrisome since it’s your eye, which I thought made sense. Babs made a couple of jokes that indicated she was a little nervous but not freaking or anything. When I saw the machine come basically all the way onto her eye I realized I would have been a little nervous too. I’m a bit claustrophobic. But again, she didn’t seem out of hand at all to me. 

Whitney, of course, was being a moron. She was overblowing the whole event but as usual not out of concern for her mom. First it was ‘I have to be here because SOMEONE has to be’. And then it was her freaking over and over to point out that her mom is a moron and can’t be trusted to take care of herself as if she was a 5 year old.  So even when Whitney claims to be caring for someone it’s either to get attention for her “selfless actions” or to put someone else down and belittling them. Bitch.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Julyolo said:

It's SO interesting how this person who is SO concerned about her elderly parents has decided to spend the hurricane with her high school friends, as opposed to being with them at their home helping them.

I actually got the sense that Glenn did not want her riding out the storm at their house. When she was worrying aloud about not having bread and/or milk at home, he was pretty much like “guess you should go buy some.........” He did extend a halfhearted suggestion she stay with them after she angsted further about how crowded the stores would be, but he seemed exceptionally willing to accept Whitney’s logic that her cats somehow made this impossible.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Haleybug said:

Twit said something about Todd not showing up while they're having an amazing "guest choreographer" visiting (or something like that) - umm.  He's teaching them to twerk.  Todd is probably not showing up on purpose.  It's hard to take someone seriously who is the "king of twerking" or "twerk king" - whichever it was.   I'm in a hotel and can't rewind. 🤓

Todd was not on the show at all since the trip. Doesn't he work another job dancing in NY?, Maybe Todd was working and did not want to show up for your once a month class. Whiteny makes it seems like everyone has to run on her schedule when the rest of her friends have to work real jobs to pay bills.

I loved how Whitney told the Choreographer that she was just going to have a small sample of the girls from her class meet him? Wasn't that the whole class that showed up? 

I wonder what Whitney's dad really thinks. He is a 70+ year old man still working a corporate job, leaves work to be with his wife during eye surgery and is sitting with his 35 year old daughter. His daughter who he seems to have given every advantage in life to, paid for her to go to college and she is sitting there complaining about a dance she has to make up for the big event in NYC next month. He must realize she does the same dance every time and that she does a few events a year and that is her whole life. I don't think he was expecting Whitney to be a corporate type like himself, but maybe have an actual dance studio that was open 5 days a week or he would even be fine with her being married and being a mom but he must go nuts hearing her complain every time about the next big dance meet or show for months on end,

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Well, we knew Buddy was going to end up living back in Whitney's house. She's trying to hide her glee at the breakup with his gf, agreeing with Tal that Buddy is too early in to his sobriety for that, yet can hardly control herself from trying to jump his bones. They are both gross and I'm sick of their friends including Heather saying they should start dating. No, they should NOT!

• Love 16