Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Tom vs. Tom

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Sandavol right next to him was doing it without complaining.

The difference between Sandoval and Jax is that for all the former's faults, he takes a great deal of pride in being a bartender and mixologist.  Jax is there for the camera and the paycheck.  Sandoval is, in many ways, an artist.  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Right? When I order a mojito, I'm asking for a drink with mint in it. Does cranberry taste like mint? Is vodka the same as rum? Of course, I'd be that bitch that would start spreading the word to random people around me: "Oh my God, see that bartender? He made me the most amazing mojito! You have to go order one from him. So good!" Didn't feel like muddling, eh? 

For some reason, this one throwaway moment in the episode is my hill to die on or something. GIVE ME MOJITOS  ASSHOLES HAVING TO MUDDLE OR GIVE ME DEATH!

LMAO...I love the way you think!

• Love 2
On 3/11/2019 at 10:43 PM, rustyspigot said:

That explains why Lance Bass keeps showing up randomly on the show. Mojito girl scene was especially forced on a very forced season. And that poster is 8th grade level at best. With Joan Jett as rocker Mary Poppins flying in.

I think Lance is friends with LVP.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:34 AM, ghoulina said:

Yea, as fucked up as James's behavior has been, it's super shitty to dis-invite someone. That would break my heart. The guys sure liked hanging out in his private booth and drinking all that (likely comped) alcohol. It would piss me off. 

This. I mentioned in my first post that Kristen and Ariana both went on Scheana's bachelorette trip. Talk about awkward. I don't think it's Katie's fault that James got fired and I get why she has issues with him. But then maybe SHE should stay home. Every single trip these chucklefucks have gone on has included SOME mish-mash of dysfunctional relationships. 

I agree it is shitty to dis-invite based on a transgression that pre-dates the invite.  I think that shitty 18 and over mall club would have given a private booth and comped booze for filming even if James was not DJing.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, Juliegirlj said:

LVP seemed very medicated. 

Her brother had recently committed suicide.  She might just be dulled with grief, but I also don't think it would be outlandish for her o have been on a prescription.

8 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

How did such a bad-ass fire-fighter mum like Sandoval's mother end up with such a prissy wanker like her son????

And as for YOU, Schwartz, you are such an effing pussy for not being able to decide between your WIFE and Sandoval, or ANYONE else!!!  This whole 'bros before hos' and 'chicks before dicks' thing is utter bullshit!!  You must ALWAYS take your wife/husband's side!!!  I love my girlfriends dearly, but I would never choose them over my husband.  Schwartz is such a milquetoast!!!

Thank you for spelling milquetoast correctly.  I see milktoast and rediculous so often that I start to question what's right.  Rediculous sets my teeth on edge.

I was starting to feel sorry for James and then he reminded me that he's an asshole.  

I don't care what anyone thinks -- I love Katie.  I especially love it when she goes on a tirade and she had a good one this episode.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Dear Jax - if I wanted a Cosmo, I'd have ordered a Cosmo.  It would be like me telling my boss "you know, I don't feel like doing a motion for summary judgment today - how about I just do a notice of deposition instead?"

Is it bad that I get a distinct feeling my firm kinda works that way in reverse?  Some of my colleagues just refuse to participate in discovery, and they seem to get away with it!

That being said, I would put some of the people I know in the "Jax" category of my field.  Can't draft a sentence, can't show up on time, but when it comes to back-slapping and bullshit?  They are there for it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I forgot.  I loved Arianna pointing out that FI gets grief for a lot of Schwartz's fuckery because "ooh, Schwartz is such a nice guy, I just can't be mad at him."  I feel like most of the time she's ambivalent, at best, in regards to FI, so I enjoyed her getting mad on his behalf and she wasn't wrong.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, langford peel said:

You know what would be an awesome storyline?

If Tom could drop off Katie at shelter because she bites when she is drunk.

Then LVP starts getting mysterious texes from someone claiming that “someone from a reality show” dropped off Katie at the shelter... they checked her chip and noticed that she should really have been returned to SUR. Teddi gets her brother Hud (who works at TomTom) involved, people start blaming LVP for starting the rumor that Katie was abandoned by Tom, Jax starts yelling about LVP being a master manipulator, Kyle cries... what a mess.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Jax's refusal to make a mojito reminded me of a time that my boyfriend and I ended up in a small diner on the side of the road in Virginia. The place was obviously a little worn down, but the locals seemed to like it and we were starving. We looked at the menu for a bit and the waitress came over to take our order. My boyfriend went first and asked for a hamburger and a chocolate milkshake. The waitress looked him dead in the eye and said, "Honey, I don't have the patience to make you a milkshake right now. How about a soda?" My boyfriend and I are very accommodating people (see: doormats) so he just ordered the soda, but we still talk about the audacity of that waitress to this day. 

Jax, apparently, has some big balls as well. Especially to make that comment knowing full well that he's being recorded by a television crew. I know LVP tolerates a lot of things from this group of 30-year old children, but refusing to make someone a drink because you don't feel like muddling the ingredients? That's beyond the pale. 

Edited by Stinger97
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Stinger97 said:

but refusing to make someone a drink because you don't feel like muddling the ingredients? That's beyond the pale. 

I wonder what the difference in cost is between a Mojito and a Cosmo.  

Wonder - if they should run out of half-and-half would Jax make a patron a Black Russian and tell them to deal with it because he's too tired to run to the fridge and there's no bar back in the vicinity.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

wonder what the difference in cost is between a Mojito and a Cosmo.  

Neither a regular mojito (only raspberry and pineapple, wtf?!) or a cosmo on the menu but their standard price point is $14 so I imagine they cost the same and that cost is too much to pay for Jax halfassing it.

• Love 6

How quickly Tom Sandoval forgets that he and Ariana did the same thing to Kristen during season 4. She was disinvited to Jax’s birthday trip to Hawaii because Tom and Ariana didn’t want her there despite Jax, Katie, and Scheana all wanting her to come. But now Katie is a bully because she doesn’t like James and doesn’t want him on the trip. Okay.

Kristen also didn’t sleep with Jax when he was with Stassi. He and Stassi had long been broken up and it was clear Stassi was so over him. She only pretended to consider getting back together with him for the show. That, along with their history and Kristen sincerely apologizing, is why Stassi was able to forgive her. James and Katie have never been on good terms and James is clearly not sincere in his apology toward her so there’s no reason to forgive him. It’s not like he has any redeeming qualities for Katie. Lala did apologize to Katie on multiple occasions for calling her fat, even before Katie had apologized to her for calling her a whore. 

• Love 20
5 hours ago, glowbug said:

James and Katie have never been on good terms and James is clearly not sincere in his apology toward her so there’s no reason to forgive him. It’s not like he has any redeeming qualities for Katie. Lala did apologize to Katie on multiple occasions for calling her fat, even before Katie had apologized to her for calling her a whore. 

The first we've ever heard of Katie "apologizing" for any action she's ever taken was from Katie herself saying she apologized to Lala, but we never once saw it happen and Lala wasn't there to confirm it when Katie claimed she apologized. I don't believe for one second Katie ever apologized to Lala for repeatedly calling her a whore. I believe Katie, in one of her drunken stupors, could have said to Lala that she's glad they are friends now but that is as far as I see Katie going ever to admit any wrongdoing.

5 hours ago, glowbug said:

How quickly Tom Sandoval forgets that he and Ariana did the same thing to Kristen during season 4. She was disinvited to Jax’s birthday trip to Hawaii because Tom and Ariana didn’t want her there despite Jax, Katie, and Scheana all wanting her to come. But now Katie is a bully because she doesn’t like James and doesn’t want him on the trip. Okay.

Katie isn't a bully because of a single dis-invite. She's a bully because she's a bully. She didn't used to be queen bee of the show, but as soon as she got that status she has been off and running with it in full force. She sticks her nose in absolutely everywhere and there is literally never a time when Katie doesn't hate someone. Never. She ALWAYS has to have an enemy and whoever it is she goes after relentlessly. She wouldn't let the "Lala is a whore" thing die for at least one and I believe it was two whole seasons and it wasn't just an occasional mention; she would use any chance she could to push that narrative into a conversation. Someone could say "let's get lunch" and Katie would have a "yeah, too bad we can't get it free like that whore Lala" kinda thing. She's just a sad drunk clown who refuses sex to her own husband. 

• Love 2

I don't understand the commenters who are saying the table was comp'd because the establishment wanted camera time. ?? That idea only works if they would have gotten any exposure but they didn't. Proof: no one even knows the name of the place. There was zero benefit to that club to be on camera. It wasn't named, no location was given, they didn't even talk about any specialty drinks that might be served there as a very least thing they could mention.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

don't understand the commenters who are saying the table was comp'd because the establishment wanted camera time. ?? That idea only works if they would have gotten any exposure but they didn't.

They mentioned the name several times, just because no one used the name doesn’t mean they didn’t say it for me it’s because I thought it was stupid. The name was Ohm by the way.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They mentioned the name several times, just because no one used the name doesn’t mean they didn’t say it for me it’s because I thought it was stupid. The name was Ohm by the way.

I literally never even heard it. lol I'd say that was some poor marketing (they should have physically shown the name on glasses or something) but if at least the name got out there I guess, okay. Thanks for pointing it out.

5 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I don't understand the commenters who are saying the table was comp'd because the establishment wanted camera time. ?? That idea only works if they would have gotten any exposure but they didn't. Proof: no one even knows the name of the place. There was zero benefit to that club to be on camera. It wasn't named, no location was given, they didn't even talk about any specialty drinks that might be served there as a very least thing they could mention.

It totally makes sense, prob the only reason DJ James is requested. Clubs are banking tourist will want to see a reality tv star.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I literally never even heard it. lol I'd say that was some poor marketing (they should have physically shown the name on glasses or something) but if at least the name got out there I guess, okay. Thanks for pointing it out.

They said the name a few times.  They show the sign as James is walking up.  The have a chyron pointing out a guy is "David / Owner, Ohm".   Then they show James and David walking through the doors with the club name on them.  Then James talks about how he is DJing at Omh at Hollywood and Highland.  Then the limo with the Toms and triplets pulls up and they show the Ohm sign again and they walk through the doors with the name on them.  That's just in like a 2 minute period.  Then in scenes of them at the club you can see the name in the background at various times.  James mentioning it was at Hollywood and Highland is how I knew it was a stupid 18 and over shitty mall club.  I'm pretty sure it is by the Dave and Busters and it has had several names over the years.  Are you big into shitty tourist trap clubs at malls in LA?  If not, it isn't for you.  I am not into them, but as soon as they mentioned Hollywood and Highland I knew because I have occasionally gone there over the last 2 decades to shop or go bowling at the Lucky Strike for parties (offices love renting out the Lucky Strike for parties, which is a shame because the lanes there are not right and I'm almost as serious about my bowling as Ariana is about comedy) and I used to go there a lot like 15 years ago because there was a shitty sushi bar that had a good happy hour and then a couple hours break and it was lady's night so if you lined up the drinks at the end of happy hour you could stay drunk enough until the cheap lady's night drinks started and one of the bar tenders would even let us order ahead and then just make the drinks as we needed them.  I also used to use that subway station sometimes, but I can't remember the last time I took the red line.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 3/12/2019 at 4:59 AM, walnutqueen said:

James couldn't control his rage and vitriol in Lisa's business establishment, right after begging for another chance and telling her how much he has improved.  He ignored her repeated attempts to shut down his tirade, once again proving to her he is nothing more than a loose cannon.

I think this has a lot to do with the fact that, because Lisa's a woman, James doesn't really have much respect for her. When he has to (to stay on the show), he puts on a gag worthy "contrite little boy who has been naughty" act, but I don't think he views her as someone who he should have to be deferential to. I wish I could remember which show it was, or even what season, but a couple(?) of seasons ago, there was an episode where James was being very rude and disrespectful to Lisa until Ken showed up. That little shit had a change of attitude so fast it was hilarious. His parents really didn't do him any favors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, greyflannel said:

I think this has a lot to do with the fact that, because Lisa's a woman, James doesn't really have much respect for her. When he has to (to stay on the show), he puts on a gag worthy "contrite little boy who has been naughty" act, but I don't think he views her as someone who he should have to be deferential to. I wish I could remember which show it was, or even what season, but a couple(?) of seasons ago, there was an episode where James was being very rude and disrespectful to Lisa until Ken showed up. That little shit had a change of attitude so fast it was hilarious. His parents really didn't do him any favors.

I remember that - Ken told James he'd knock the spark out of him.

I think you're right about James' disrespect for women. 

• Love 14

So put my vote down that EVERYONE is terrible—from bitter Katie to explosive James and from passive Schwartz to non-muddling Jax. And also just the whole Kristin/Carter/Stassi/Katie who’s to blame game. You’re all stupid and causing fights with each other! Let me throw Billie in the mix for wanting a club DJ at BRUNCH—because she’s so desperate thinking if she can get some drama happening there, she might get some camera time. 

Now that that’s out of the way... Can we focus for a moment on Sandoval’s “biker costume”? vegan leather jacket, purple mesh shirt, pants with a kazillion buckles up the sides, and gold sneakers. Wow. Poor Ariana mortified to be seen in public with him. Not to mention he’s blowing $15k on an opening-night entrance motorcycle with sidecar. This is freakin’ Hollywood. I’m sure you can rent that for a night.

Edited by JenE4
Some more of these idiots are terrible.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Mazzy said:

It was named. The sign outside was shown a few times and James also mentioned the name  It’s Ohm. 

• Love 4

So I’ve been thinking a lot about the Sandoval V Katie fight (get a life of my own? No, shan’t) and it’s striking me as weirder and weirder the more I think about it. They’re basically in a knock down drag out over an issue that I suspect isn’t even that important to either of them. I mean, I believe Katie hates James and would like him off the show, but I don’t think she spends all that much time thinking about him at all. Not to Kristin or even Lala levels, anyway. And I believe Sandoval likes James and doesn’t get why his behavior is a big deal (because Sandoval never thinks things that aren't about him are a big deal and has some internalized sexism about bitches being crazy and whatnot), but I don’t think he’s particularly ride or die with James. In some ways it’s always seemed to me that James is more Ariana’s friend, which is weird in its own right. So you’re left with the two of them screaming at each other over a person who at the end of the day, I’m not sure either one actually cares that much about. It feels like they’re having some weird power struggle to see who’s going to be the Vanderpump Rules Head Bitch in Charge this season and sort of randomly picked James as the framing devise. Of course, Sandoval and Katie have always hated each other and always fought over who Schwartz loves best so maybe this fight is an extension of that. In any case, I’m more on Kaite’s side about this, but they’re both kind of coming off as assholes.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 3/14/2019 at 3:37 PM, walnutqueen said:

I remember that - Ken told James he'd knock the spark out of him.

I think you're right about James' disrespect for women. 

In my opinion, the greatest moment on Vanderpump Rules.

Ken coming in all boss bitch, taking charge and telling James he'd knock the spark out of him.  While holding a tiny, fluffy dog in the crook of his arm.

A 70+ year old man in less than 5 seconds, managed to do what no one else has.  Humble James.

OMG!  I JUST NOTICED KEN IS HOLDING 2 DOGS!  All this time I thought it was one.  But no 2!  And he makes James cry.

http://www.bravotv.com/video/share/3430629

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

In my opinion, the greatest moment on Vanderpump Rules.

Ken coming in all boss bitch, taking charge and telling James he'd knock the spark out of him.  While holding a tiny, fluffy dog in the crook of his arm.

A 70+ year old man in less than 5 seconds, managed to do what no one else has.  Humble James.

OMG!  I JUST NOTICED KEN IS HOLDING 2 DOGS!  All this time I thought it was one.  But no 2!  And he makes James cry.

http://www.bravotv.com/video/share/3430629

Just when I thought I could not love Ken any more, he put James in his place.

I'd spend the night in jail for the chance to knock the spark out of James.  I'm surprised nobody else has done it - yet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

So I’ve been thinking a lot about the Sandoval V Katie fight (get a life of my own? No, shan’t) and it’s striking me as weirder and weirder the more I think about it. They’re basically in a knock down drag out over an issue that I suspect isn’t even that important to either of them. I mean, I believe Katie hates James and would like him off the show, but I don’t think she spends all that much time thinking about him at all. Not to Kristin or even Lala levels, anyway. And I believe Sandoval likes James and doesn’t get why his behavior is a big deal (because Sandoval never thinks things that aren't about him are a big deal and has some internalized sexism about bitches being crazy and whatnot), but I don’t think he’s particularly ride or die with James. In some ways it’s always seemed to me that James is more Ariana’s friend, which is weird in its own right. So you’re left with the two of them screaming at each other over a person who at the end of the day, I’m not sure either one actually cares that much about. It feels like they’re having some weird power struggle to see who’s going to be the Vanderpump Rules Head Bitch in Charge this season and sort of randomly picked James as the framing devise. Of course, Sandoval and Katie have always hated each other and always fought over who Schwartz loves best so maybe this fight is an extension of that. In any case, I’m more on Kaite’s side about this, but they’re both kind of coming off as assholes.

You make good points. I can definitely see this fight really stemming from the underlying jealousy those two have over Schwartz. They've always sort of felt like adversaries. 

• Love 3
On 3/13/2019 at 6:18 AM, Carolina Girl said:

It would be like me telling my boss "you know, I don't feel like doing a motion for summary judgment today - how about I just do a notice of deposition instead?"

This made me so happy.  Lol. I teach train for lawyers and i use the msj every time.  It's one of my favorites.  (I'm such a legal nerd) 

Sandoval is seriously a pussy. While i get that Swartz is milquetoast, Sandoval is so quick to forgive.  Let's see him hear james call ariana something shit and "let it go." Please, he'd lose his mind. Again, just look at all the crap james has said and continues to say! Why wouldn't lisa say "wait, i thought you were working on this and i now have to take time out of my day to escort you out and try to calm you down?" But no, she can't see that. And Sandoval get freaking over it! James is a shit! He's not going to change with people like you enabling him.  Grrrr. A friend of ny hubby called me a bitch once and i walked. I don't need to listen to that shit and eat it. My hubby asked him to leave. But i will say "stop inviting the kid to invite him!" Jaysus!

I was so happy to see less scheana but did I really have to be subjected to her sparkle bra and stupid leotard pj? LAME!

I loved the waxing scene. Hilarious. Schwartz needs to wax his low belly though. That path of hair from his bellybutton was not nice to look at. 

The triplets came in for 1 night?  Why didn't they come for the opening of the bar? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

The triplets came in for 1 night?  Why didn't they come for the opening of the bar

I’m wondering if the triplets sorta low-key embarrass Schwartz; like he can hang with them on their own for special bro nights out, but when it comes to professional gatherings or the larger group functions, he’d rather keep them away. They do come off as a bit...special. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that! TM Seinfeld)

• Love 4
On 3/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, hatchetgirl said:

Sandoval is seriously a pussy.

I'm going to object to the use of pussy as a pejorative. Pussy is strong. Pussy is half the world's population. Pussy gives us babies. In the absence of a Y chromosome, Y activation, or male androgen sensitivity, you get an individual that's a lot more like a woman than a man. Pussy is power. A not insubstantial portion of Bravo's viewing audience are women. I'm not a faux feminist like Lala. I believe the shit I say and I'm not secretly operating under a veil of submission and dependence. I don't really love people knocking pussy like it ain't shit when it's tha original shit!

While i get that Schwartz is milquetoast, Sandoval is so quick to forgive.  Let's see him hear james call ariana something shit and "let it go." Please, he'd lose his mind. Again, just look at all the crap james has said and continues to say! Why wouldn't lisa say "wait, i thought you were working on this and i now have to take time out of my day to escort you out and try to calm you down?" But no, she can't see that. And Sandoval get freaking over it! James is a shit! He's not going to change with people like you enabling him.

I don't even know that Sandoval's attitude towards James is evidence of how quick Sandoval is to forgive. The reality is that James hasn't talked shit about or transgressed against Sandoval or Ariana because they've been pretty nice to him. James has talked a little bit of shit about Scheana who has been far nicer to him than some of the others, but she's had her moments too. James is awful to the people who treat him like shit with two exceptions: 1. Lala because he's still a little bit in love with her and 2. LVP and that's mostly based on his immaturity because he can't figure out why profoundly shitty people like Jax get different types of passes from her than he gets from her. Jax has stolen from LVP, openly disrespected her, been an absolutely garbage employee, and caused endless amounts of chaos among her employees and she'll NEVER permanently boot him from the show because he was her original attractive nuisance.

Except for herself, Jax is the highest paid cast member. I recall reading that he's getting in the very very high six figures, like just shy of $1 million per season. Meanwhile season 3 is when the cast got their big salary bump. It's when they stopped even pretending to work at SUR. I think in seasons 3 - 5 they were still requiring 1 shift a month in the off season, but it wasn't really onerous. And part of the reason LVP insists on the one shift is because she knows the cast is a tourist attraction that brings business into her restaurants. And the cast acquiesces even though they'd rather earn tens of thousands at club appearances elsewhere.

That is until James creates See You Next Tuesday an advertised dedicated time when customers know some of the cast would be present. So LVP can say to the cast who still works at SUR "pick 1 See You Next night a month to work" that way customers are guaranteed at least James, another cast member, and Peter on any given night. The success of this probably spurs her to rethink her plans for the old ChiChi LaRue space. It goes from a gastropub for Max to manage to TomTom where you can reasonably expect to see Sandoval, Schwartz, Ariana, or Katie. And even though James screws up and gets fired for being drunk and awful to his co-workers, he's created a model that's replicable by LVP and other cast. So suddenly we get Girls' Night In and Billie's Brunch. And that's the reason LVP gives James a pass. He helped her figure out a way to make more money. She'll never admit it. But if you dig, you can see that she hadn't figured out a way to really market and monetize the cast's presence until James stepped in.

I'm not making excuses for James who I think is an obnoxious entitled shit with abysmal relationships with women. The chief example being Kristen Doute who actually tried to explain James' poor family dynamics and how much his family had put on him during a reunion after she and he had broken up and his response was "shut up Kristen!" How many times do you see any ex explaining away your bad behavior when you have a relationship as awful as the two of them had? Then his dipshit ass missed every cue that she was helping him. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
On 3/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, JenE4 said:

Now that that’s out of the way... Can we focus for a moment on Sandoval’s “biker costume”? vegan leather jacket, purple mesh shirt, pants with a kazillion buckles up the sides, and gold sneakers. Wow. Poor Ariana mortified to be seen in public with him.

Well, of course!  He's only wearing ONE belt, instead of two!!  What was he thinking, leaving the house with only one belt?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/12/2019 at 7:44 AM, FancyNancy said:

this is like the second or third time they’ve invited him to only disinvite him.

Yeah -- whoever started things, escalated things, was wrong, was right -- the inviting then disinviting is some middle-school bullshit. Even IN middle school, that is bullshit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1