Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Barely Breathing

• Start Topic

Thanks Phoenics for clarifying that.  I still don't understand why the writers are practically destroying all the relationships.  Are they trying to force their coming out further?  I guess Alex, Noah, & Maria need to get clued in soon, for this to work.

Shapeshifter, I think it was the same episode that Isobel tried to influence Liz' mind to forget.  Isobel tried, but broke down and cried on Michael's shoulder, when she realized that there was real love there "both ways" and that she had ruined any chance of happiness for her brother.

Come to think of it, isn't that when Isobel's split personality started to manifest; when she overworked her powers or am i wrong again?

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 2

Damn, THAT'S all it took???!!!  Gotta remember that, "Look 'em in the eye; act sheepish; use words like "I've never" or "I understand", maybe even an "You're special" and Voila!  Like magic, love springs in the air.  Oops, that magic makes Maria, out of nofuckingwhere, kiss Michael "Running Tab" Guerin.  Ahh, life is good.  Talk about whiplash!!

Sarcasm aside (or was it?), I still had fun.  I love me a good old fashioned alien mystery w/romance.

Claudia Black!!! 

If you all haven't watched Farscape you have no idea what a kick ass actress she is and what a kick ass character she played on Farscape. .

I was so excited to see her I really wasn't paying much attention to the rest of the ep. 

• Love 1
On 3/14/2019 at 2:02 AM, Jenniferbug said:

I like Alex, but I'm still not sold on Alex/Michael and I really like Michael's chemistry with Maria. But then I don't want them to ditch Alex to go with Michael/Maria because I don't like the message that sends or what that might mean for Alex. 

I'm the opposite, I think Alex/Michael is the best ship in the show and that Maria/Michael should be just a really good friendship. If they end up together, I will not believe that he loves her more than he loves Alex. I just won't. Also it's nice that Michael actually talks to Maria because this show is so much like a damn soap that nobody has proper conversations with each other. Everyone just stands around looking angsty and delivering plot-pertinent dialogue at each other. One true friendship would be good. 

On 3/15/2019 at 1:54 AM, Regalbegal said:

I have found the opposite - while Michael and Maria are snarky and fun together and play off each other well I don't see the romantic/sexual undercurrent/chemistry that there is between Michael and Alex, at least not at this point.

This is me as well. I feel like Alex and Michael also have the kind of epic tortured romance that YA relationships are supposed to have. Michael and Maria have a light flirtation that could possibly be more I guess but I don't see it rivalling his feelings for Alex. 

I mean this could change if Michael starts turning on his sex eyes and doing his cowboy poses. But for now I don't see it at all. 

Edited by AudienceofOne