Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Well wasn’t the entire premise of her other reality show supposedly being wishy-washy back and forth with her ex for years? This might be how she is in general and if she couldn’t commit to the other guy in years, I can see why she would have trepidation over being with someone for a few weeks. She actually is probably the most normal, rational “winner” this show has ever had. I’ll go out on a limb and be the only one to say these two will have at least as good of odds as any other couple—to which I mean aren’t good regardless.

I totally get what you are saying! I mean we criticize the winners who get immediately engaged and say they are all in love after 6 weeks, and then this girl who says that is too fast i am not ready to get engaged we say she is faking it.  That being said - i do think this whole thing was kind of staged to make it THE MOST DRAMATIC ENDING EVER but it makes sense to date someone you have only known 6 weeks instead of jumping right into marriage or even engagement

• Love 5

If Cassie is smart, she can start pulling back from Colton now, break up with him next month, go through her "pain and angst" this Spring, and be "ready to love again" just in time for BIP!   Definitely cute guys that probably reek less of desperation.  Hannah B has some really cute guys.  

I didn't even watch this season, but absolutely got the load of his neediness just from reading Reality Steve!  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The beginning of the episode, I had the impression that perhaps Colton and Cassie had already talked and figured out how things would go, and then they had some coaching on how to have the conversation in front of cameras.  the whole thing seemed rehearsed and inauthentic. 

18 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

He is not nervous enough in his conversation with Cassie for this not to be faked.

18 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Cassie's freak out before meeting his parents is the real Cassie .... proves to me the first scene was so staged. 

100%.  The convos with Tayshia and Hannah G were real, he was legit nervous AF, and the girls' reactions were genuine.  The girls' expressions went from stoked to confused to sad/pissed as he talked.  With Cassie, who when she ended it (which I do believe was real) had no expectation to ever see him again, she was not surprised/confused AT ALL when he was at her door.  In fact, she had a twinkle in her eye immediately, which would not have been the case for someone who dumped a man that was now inexplicably standing in her doorway.   Colton had a thinly disguised grin on his face from the moment he entered her room, and he was not nervous at all, which sooooo would not have been the case if he had really gone with uncertainty and confusion to try to 'win her back'.  

But the clincher for me, was that the hairstyle he had when he went to talk to her in her "room", was the same as the new one he had at the finale.  Also, she had used the word "left" to describe what she did from Portugal, and I think that's true.  I don't know what happened to get her and Colton reunited, or how much time elapsed after she left Portugal before she and Colton had their real talk, but I absolutely believe that talk we saw, was filmed weeks/months later.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

100%.  The convos with Tayshia and Hannah G were real, he was legit nervous AF, and the girls' reactions were genuine.  The girls' expressions went from stoked to confused to sad/pissed as he talked.  With Cassie, who when she ended it (which I do believe was real) had no expectation to ever see him again, she was not surprised/confused AT ALL when he was at her door.  In fact, she had a twinkle in her eye immediately, which would not have been the case for someone who dumped a man that was now inexplicably standing in her doorway.   Colton had a thinly disguised grin on his face from the moment he entered her room, and he was not nervous at all, which sooooo would not have been the case if he had really gone with uncertainty and confusion to try to 'win her back'.  

But the clincher for me, was that the hairstyle he had when he went to talk to her in her "room", was the same as the new one he had at the finale.  Also, she had used the word "left" to describe what she did from Portugal, and I think that's true.  I don't know what happened to get her and Colton reunited, or how much time elapsed after she left Portugal before she and Colton had their real talk, but I absolutely believe that talk we saw, was filmed weeks/months later.

YESSSS!! Noticed the hairstyle!!! thought maybe I was crazy lol.

• Love 4

Hope I am allowed to mention Colton & Cassie's appearances on other shows in this forum.  C&C were on all the morning shows, by the time they got to The View, it seemed like Cassie was over it.  She just nervously laughed and really could not answer any questions from the ladies.  Colton seemed more excited that he knew a friend of Meghan McCain.  Cassie did not give any indication that she was ready to get married, and didn't even say that she was 'head over heels in love".

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
Just now, BuckeyeLou said:

Hope I am allowed to mention Colton & Cassie's appearances on other shows in this forum.  C&C were on all the morning shows, by the time they got to The View, it seemed like Cassie was over it.  She just nervously laughed and really could not answer any questions from the ladies.  Colton seemed more excited that he knew a friend of Meghan McCain.  Cassie did not give any indication that she was ready to get married, and didn't even say that she was 'head over heels in love".

Damn it!  Now I have to go back and watch.

• Love 2

Well that certainly was a very scripted finale!  I think it was really a stick it to Reality Steve who has ruined the show year after year!

I thought Colton and Cassie are a cute couple but she's young 23 to really commit plus a long time boyfriend waiting in the wings.

The questions about Colton 's virginity  and the overnight suite were insulting and in bad taste!  I know they advertised him as the virgin bachelor but really???  

When the men and women from bachelor nation were on stage I had a hard time remembering who is with who!  So there's  that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Oh I do agree and both of the good bye girls were in full makeup for the surprise visit.  Cassie didn't even look or ask who was at her door.  She knew!

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yes, I definitely noticed the “longer bangs” when they showed him outside sitting in sad contemplation before walking inside her hotel, but I forgot to pay attention by the time he was talking to Cassie because I was too busy reading/posting along here while watching. So I will completely buy into the theory that the scene was filmed at a future date after already winning her back. The producers wouldn’t let an offscreen reconciliation happen without filming an ending for the show. Just like Arie’s later filmed breakup with Becca.

• Love 2

So Cassie lost The Bachelorette, lost BIP, lost the opportunity for a Neil Lane engagement ring, but won Colton?  Who would not accept her "no" but then told her she could have friends and family and, no, he wouldn't be controlling at all... No means no.  It falls into a "I'll show her how much I love her" territory by relentlessly pursuing her and telling her to change her response.  I think Colton's dad hit the nail on the head when he asked Colton if he was pursuing her because she said no and he wanted what he could not have.  I trust the dad's question because he knows Colton...

For the last 15-20 minutes I just watched the show with my mouth agape as I couldn't believe that the new Bachelorette couldn't answer a single simple question that Chris asked her and couldn't respond to the five guys they brought for her to meet.  The premiere is in two months so they have to start filming really soon and she just doesn't know how to respond to things.  Even when they showed Chris calling her to tell her that she was the new Bachelorette she couldn't express herself in any way.  Hannah's season may be an amazing trainwreck.  I wonder how the men will respond to her once they get over her beauty and actually want to talk and/or interact with her.  This could be the biggest trainwreck yet!

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Does Colton have a job?

Or is he only an ex-football practice squad player?

I wonder about their jobs and "real life" as well.  

They said they'll be spending this year "traveling a lot", which means they'll be doing appearances, US Magazine covers, and yes, we will see them on Hannah's season as they give her their sage advice.  (And Hannah will blank stare them, as she will do her entire season.....production is probably furiously scribbling cue cards as we speak).

It's easy to be in love when you live in a fantasy world.  Try fighting traffic every day, worrying about a rent payment, wondering how you'll make ends meet. 

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Sterling said:

It's easy to be in love when you live in a fantasy world.  Try fighting traffic every day, worrying about a rent payment, wondering how you'll make ends meet. 

I remember on some previous season, the lead and one of the final "few people" were window shopping in some exotic location, and the gal saying "this is what married life could be like with him!" And I thought, no, it's fixing the backed-up toilet, doing the laundry, dealing with a disciplinary issue at your kid's school, not to mention a parent's death or serious illness. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

So Cassie lost The Bachelorette, lost BIP, lost the opportunity for a Neil Lane engagement ring, but won Colton?

On Jimminy Kimmel's (just in case)

Spoiler

He gave Colton a Neil Lane ring 'just in case' and he said that it was an actual ring and they could pick a different one of they wanted. So she now has a carrot on a stick hanging in front of her that may steel her resolve to stay with Colton.

There was also a very uncomfortable attempt to answer "where they were" relationship wise. They said they'd talked about engagement but they're not there yet, they settled on "somewhere before pre-engaged" I think...

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Well I'm happy for the Hannah Beast. I thought and mentioned she was the clear pick but we can never have nice things so I was waiting for him to say it would be Caelynn!

I don't believe Cassie and Colton for even a part of a second. I don't believe them further than I could throw them, and with my bad knee I shouldn't be throwing anyone.

Oh and I loved the moment of terror that flashed in Cassie's eyes when Colton reached for the Final Rose that wasn't an engagement ring. Then she was all "Oh, final rose, right! Thank god..." 

Neither do I.  He was telling Hannah that she didn’t deserve to be second choice, because he WANTED her to protest, so he could have a plan B.  

and Cassie is so stupid.  I guess that controlling guy in college kept her locked up so she couldn’t go to any classes.  It’s obvious she was never here for blubbering baby Huey. 

• Love 1

Ok, so I can't stand to hear the two of them but I played that JK clip on mute, just to see what they look like after the show. What a pair of grinning, giggling idiots. They looked like overgrown 5th graders on their first date. Yikes. I don't care if they stay together but for the love of god these two need many, many years of growing up before they should even think about procreating. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

The big question for me is whether The Fence's attorneys are suing ABC for not blurring it so that it couldn't be recognized.  I can't imagine it wants to be identified with this show.

Seriously. Imagine, you're a fence. You have one job, to keep people out, then this sweaty, virginal man baby comes and jumps you. No "how are you" no "do you mind" just.... JUMP. That poor fence has seen parts of Colton no fence should ever have to see. If nothing else, the show should at least pay for it's therapy, or a nice paint job. That fence single picketedly saved this season!

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

So Cassie lost The Bachelorette, lost BIP, lost the opportunity for a Neil Lane engagement ring, but won Colton?  Who would not accept her "no" but then told her she could have friends and family and, no, he wouldn't be controlling at all... No means no.  It falls into a "I'll show her how much I love her" territory by relentlessly pursuing her and telling her to change her response.  I think Colton's dad hit the nail on the head when he asked Colton if he was pursuing her because she said no and he wanted what he could not have.  I trust the dad's question because he knows Colton...

For the last 15-20 minutes I just watched the show with my mouth agape as I couldn't believe that the new Bachelorette couldn't answer a single simple question that Chris asked her and couldn't respond to the five guys they brought for her to meet.  The premiere is in two months so they have to start filming really soon and she just doesn't know how to respond to things.  Even when they showed Chris calling her to tell her that she was the new Bachelorette she couldn't express herself in any way.  Hannah's season may be an amazing trainwreck.  I wonder how the men will respond to her once they get over her beauty and actually want to talk and/or interact with her.  This could be the biggest trainwreck yet!

Funny i thought her non- perfectness and awkwardness was so endearing. She is not a perfectly polished princess and i think her season is going to be great!! I just like her for some reason, and i find her wierd was to be refreshing. You certainly will get honesty out of her, no canned answers and no fakeness. Tayisha or Caelynn would have been awful. Either Hannah so I’m looking forward to Hannah b.

• Love 19

I'm watching this now. Six pages already!!

Last episode of Colton. He was kind of dim and naive, but he's a good-hearted guy and no, I don't think he'll stay a virgin the rest of his life. I feel like he went into this whole hog, really thinking he would find his wife.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

I wonder about their jobs and "real life" as well.  

They said they'll be spending this year "traveling a lot", which means they'll be doing appearances, US Magazine covers, and yes, we will see them on Hannah's season as they give her their sage advice.  (And Hannah will blank stare them, as she will do her entire season.....production is probably furiously scribbling cue cards as we speak).

That's why Ashley and J.P. are the best couple IMO.  Although they've done some Bachelor Nation appearances, they seem firmly rooted in their real life with jobs and family.

• Love 8

I just watched the Kimmel video posted above. First, does Cassie ever NOT giggle?

The jury is still out. I give them a 35/65 chance of making it. I think right now, being she isn't the Bachelorette, she is relishing doing the talk show scene.

ETA..... OK, I just watched 2 more videos. She has got to stop giggling. She seriously cannot even complete an entire sentence. I think Colton is impressive. Cassie is quite immature. I wonder if that will ever bother Colton?

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1

Chris Harrison is so gross with his repeated "will Colton lose his virginity?"

I loved how Colton kicked all the crew out of the fantasy suite. He suddenly has a lot more confidence.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Well that certainly was a very scripted finale!  I think it was really a stick it to Reality Steve who has ruined the show year after year!

Now that the season is over and it won't be a spoiler, what did he predict for F1-4?  Did Colton and Cassie do something to deviate from his prediction?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Rachel wanted a proposal, whether or not the show told her, she wanted that very badly, If I was Bryan , the one she picked, that breakup scene would have jolted me because she told him she loved him and "cried her eyelashes off". Im glad she is happy with Bryan, and quite honestly respect a woman who will not settle for less (couch cough, Kaci from temptation island)-some women want marriage and a proposal and Peter was not ready to give in. 

I remember during Rachel’s finale going back and forth. At one point, I thought she was desperate to get engaged to anybody and didn’t care who it was. At other points, I thought she was rightly sensing that Peter wasn’t all that into her and that if she did choose him, she would be passing up on men who actually did like her and were clear about their intentions for the future.  I remember her saying something about Peter triggering every insecurity she had worked through during therapy  and learned was a red flag  

So all in all, I thought it was great she dumped Peter. I never thought he was really a good guy anyways. 

• Love 6
On 3/12/2019 at 6:26 PM, dizzyd said:

How does one become a speech pathologist with such limited vocabulary?

It ain't what it used to be, said the retired speech pathologist.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Pep said:

During one of the recaps on their time together, it looked like she was teaching Colton ASL.  So maybe that's her specialty.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Now that the season is over and it won't be a spoiler, what did he predict for F1-4?  Did Colton and Cassie do something to deviate from his prediction?

The only thing that was incorrect was he said they got back together in California, not Portugal. Otherwise, he was spot on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

The only thing that was incorrect was he said they got back together in California, not Portugal. Otherwise, he was spot on. 

Thanks for the info!  Going with my theory upthread, I'd say Steve was actually correct...

• Love 6

My thoughts on the season.

Ending by deciding to date versus become engaged is probably the "normal" outcome. But the only reason it happened is because Cassie had no interest in getting married at such a young age. It's funny that he picked one of the only non-desperate for a ring women that has ever been on the show causing a more reasonable outcome.

Loved seeing Air Supply! Best part of the episode.

When Hannah decided to give an "impromptu" rose, I knew it would be going to the rapper because the Aggie did a "Roll Tide".

Hannah B may actually be a funny bachelorette. I loved her comment about the other 4 needing to up their game.  I'd love for each rose ceremony to be her giving "guidance" to the bachelors on how they need to improve. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Girl, if you wrote a Bachelor/ette blog?

I'd read the hell out of it. That was PERFECT!

Thank you, I wish I did!  At least it would somewhat justify all the hours of my life I've wasted watching this show. 😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

He got it all right. The only thing he missed was Spain. He predicted Colton would fly back to the States, to Cassie's House, and beg there. Everything else he was on point. Kinda petty of folks to take such glee in that one, small, minuscule miss.

• Love 6

I'm more curious about how he missed that they were still in Spain. It seems an odd thing for his connections to miss. Not judging or accusing, just actually curious how he gets his spoilers and how someone would know what happened but not where it happened. Really, I'm just curious about how he gets his info, because he is very accurate most of the time.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

It seemed to throw him a bit with the different locations and the fact the two gals went home.  He wasn't real sure how they would end the season with just one left.

18 hours ago, Pep said:

Then there are all those new words to learn.  LOL  Dis and Dat!

• Love 1

2 thoughts to ponder....

If Hannah G had her fantasy date before Cassie, do you think it would have changed anything? 

If Cassie didn't break down on their fantasy suite date and had acted "normal", do you think Colton would have continued the show as normal, and had his 3rd fantasy date with Hannah?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

What’s the deal with Reality Steve? How does he know all this stuff? 

He talks to Jimmy Kimmel?? 😋  

Anyone else suspicious of Kimmel's "predictions"?

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

He talks to Jimmy Kimmel?? 😋  

Anyone else suspicious of Kimmel's "predictions"?

I assume you are making fun at the fact that Kimmel gets his info from Reality Steve... because that is how Kimmel gets them.  🙂

• Love 1
17 hours ago, nutty1 said:

2 thoughts to ponder....

If Hannah G had her fantasy date before Cassie, do you think it would have changed anything? 

If Cassie didn't break down on their fantasy suite date and had acted "normal", do you think Colton would have continued the show as normal, and had his 3rd fantasy date with Hannah?

if hannah g was before cassie, I would feel even worse for her--because I do think cassie was it for a long time. but interesting thoughts.

My lasting memories of Hannah G are first that she was a sweetheart that didn't get mixed up in the dramah around her, but then I also think of that date where she gave Colton the Bachelor Handshake in the shower... so who knows what might have happened if the order was different? She did seem to be the one until Cassie put the final touches on Colton's heart. I think he was torn between the two, with Hannah G. being the 'safe' choice and Cassie being the wild card throw caution to the wind choice.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, nutty1 said:

2 thoughts to ponder....

I've thought about this too.  If Hannah G had had her fantasy date before Cassie, would it have changed anything?  And if Cassie had been all, "Oh, Colton, I love you too", would he have instead pondered Hannah G?

And my answer is probably not.  I think Colton had an instant chemistry with Cassie from the moment on their date they began making out.  There was some love at first sight stuff going on, and she never left his mind.

Despite all the Cassie-hate out there, I can see why Colton became so enamored, so fast.  First of all, she's a tiny cute blonde, with a family to match.  His love map radar went off instantly.

Secondly, Cassie is a low drama female, but with tons of energy, a genuine smile; a California girl who loves the beach and laughs a lot.  She never got into any stupid house fights, and she seemed to get along with everyone.  Add to that, her definite close family foundation, and Colton was smitten.

While I think Hannah G is the prettier of the two, she was more guarded.  Less open.  She never seems to just laugh, be silly, like Cassie.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, nutty1 said:

2 thoughts to ponder....

No and Yes.  I think he was picking Cassie for awhile.  He was planning on following his contractual obligations with no complications so long as he got his desired endgame.  When he thought he might not have it his wires blew out.

On 3/13/2019 at 11:32 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Well that certainly was a very scripted finale!  I think it was really a stick it to Reality Steve who has ruined the show year after year!

what happened was exactly what he said would happen? and if you dont like spoilers, (not ruiners ) dont read them, I enjoy them and enjoy the show more because of them.... 

• Love 3
On 3/13/2019 at 9:11 AM, eyelash said:

Colton jumped a fence and the show jumped the shark. 

Yes, this is not what the show started out to be, so many seasons ago.  Everything seemed so fake, nobody is really interested in doing anything but being on TV and possibly being famous.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, deSchenke said:

Really?  I thought they were scraping the bottom for these 5.  I wouldn't cross the street for any of them.

Reality Steve has all of them posted, and there are at least half a dozen that are pretty damn adorable.  They must have gotten the C squad to put in the audience.  (I didn't watch).  

On 3/15/2019 at 8:14 PM, call me ishmael said:

2 thoughts to ponder....

No and Yes.  I think he was picking Cassie for awhile.  He was planning on following his contractual obligations with no complications so long as he got his desired endgame.  When he thought he might not have it his wires blew out.

I don't think the outcome would have changed, but I think it would have been much better for poor Hannah if it had gone to script. That seemed to be her biggest hangup, the "what if" of the FS date that never was.

That was possibly the most genuine moment of the entire finale (and far more genuine than the usual Bachelorette auditions we usually get from the last few girls), she really seemed fixated on the idea that things might have been different if her date had been first. 

Hopefully in time she'll realize that she's probably better off that she didn't get the chance to further humiliate herself by confessing love to a guy who was hung up on someone else. Unfortunately, she DID tell the cameras what she was planning to say, which they showed to us just after we saw Colton losing his mind over Cassie, so that was embarrassing for her, but at least she never had the chance to get further led on by Colton.

As for Colton and Cassie...oof. That was the walking embodiment of "[She's] just not that into you." She IS into the perks and "fame" that will follow in the months to come, but none of that has anything to do with Colton himself. 

• Love 5