Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Greenlight

• Start Topic

So far as the "corridor of blue" there is another reason why they do that other than the noble reason of honoring a fallen comrade.  They also do it to shield the view of the body from any media or social media cameras that may be in the area.  This is out of respect for the fallen, and out of respect for the family of the fallen, who don't need to see those images in the media.  You will also see it if a cop is injured and being brought to the ER.  There will be a similar corridor of blue from the back of the ambulance/medic unit to the doors of the ER--though sometimes it also includes firefighters, EMS workers, on-duty and off-duty cops from many agencies, so it might not look quite as uniformly cohesive as we saw on this episode.  But the intent is to block the view and give privacy and respect to the injured and the family.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Finally watched this one, and my reaction is the same as many here.  The Captain's death was meant to be heroic, inspiring, all those wonderful things, but when it happened I was merely stunned by disbelief.  Later, it felt hollow and pointless because to me it was obvious why: They needed to make room (in both the cast and the budget) for Sarah Shahi.  That may not be the real reason, but I can't think of another.  And no, I don't buy any of the "official" explanations.

• Love 1
On 3/21/2019 at 12:01 AM, shapeshifter said:

Sure. Whatever.
Here's my personal theory based on my own interpretation of what I've seen (and read on these threads):
TPTB noticed that NF seemed too old for romance with the fellow rookie, but that he and the Captain were in that Goldilocks zone.
But she was his Captain.
So, enter Captain's phenotype, the still slightly more glamorous Sara Shahi as someone who is in Nolan's sphere but not his direct superior.
And then get rid of the Captain. How? Ooo. Godfather style.

So all this just to give NF character a love interest?

i don’t think Sarah will accept the captain role as the scope for such characters are limited as far as screen-time is concerned.

if she does become regular, she will be Nolan’s partner. That’s the only thing I can think of.

Then, in the case, what happens to Bishop? How does she fit into the show?

3 hours ago, devilhalo said:

So all this just to give NF character a love interest?

i don’t think Sarah will accept the captain role as the scope for such characters are limited as far as screen-time is concerned.

if she does become regular, she will be Nolan’s partner. That’s the only thing I can think of.

Sarah Shahi is not going to be captain. Never was. Nothing in Shahi's character has even hinted at that. It had nothing to do with the captain's death storyline. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, devilhalo said:

Partner as in police officer on patrol?  That's never going to happen.  Why would she leave what she's doing - some FBI profiler type role, author, and all the rest, to become another older rookie cop?

As a dating/romantic partner, absolutely, I think that's the way they are going with this.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

Partner as in police officer on patrol?  That's never going to happen.  Why would she leave what she's doing - some FBI profiler type role, author, and all the rest, to become another older rookie cop?

As a dating/romantic partner, absolutely, I think that's the way they are going with this.

I don’t think Sarah Shahi will agree to just be a love interest. She is more famous than that. Unless they plan to have her just be recurring, then ok otherwise she will want more.

Since she would be Nolan’s GF they can’t make her seargant or captain. 

If she does become series regular, then she will have to be in the show in some capacity. Not as a superior but not just a love interest either.

Maybe she could take him under her wings. And he learns about hostage negotiation from her.

I think Sarah will only accept series regular role provided she gets lots of screen time. 

If they just wanted love interest role, they could hire any lesser known face. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, BlakesMomma said:

Sarah Shahi is not going to be captain. Never was. Nothing in Shahi's character has even hinted at that. It had nothing to do with the captain's death storyline. 

I ageee she won’t be captain. But since they killed one cast member off, they now have space to add one more. It could be Sarah or maybe someone else entirely. 

Edited by devilhalo
(edited)

Sarah Shahi is not going to be captain. Never was. Nothing in Shahi's character has even hinted at that. 

I'm not sure that's true. Didn't she talk about how she used to be the Chief's boss once upon a time? And she joked he should come work for her again, and he was all, hell no. (Or am I thinking of a different character? We're talking about the woman who wrote her number in Nolan's copy of her book, right?)

If he really found her to be a challenging boss, I could see them putting her in that position again, where they're longtime friends but now she's his boss again. And have her be a complicated new love interest for Nolan. 

I hope she won't be Nolan's boss, because that just puts him in yet another inappropriate romantic situation that he has to lie about. I don't find that particularly compelling to watch.

Edited by sinkwriter
23 minutes ago, sinkwriter said:

I'm not sure that's true. Didn't she talk about how she used to be the Chief's boss once upon a time? And she joked he should come work for her again, and he was all, hell no. (Or am I thinking of a different character? We're talking about the woman who wrote her number in Nolan's copy of her book, right?)

If he really found her to be a challenging boss, I could see them putting her in that position again, where they're longtime friends but now she's his boss again. And have her be a complicated new love interest for Nolan. 

I hope she won't be Nolan's boss, because that just puts him in yet another inappropriate romantic situation that he has to lie about. I don't find that particularly compelling to watch.

Especially with the do we forgive Officer Bishop and the badge bunny Chin storylines so recently explored to have a boss come in needing a waiver to command her rookie boyfriend would be an odd choice