Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E17: The Conference Valuation

3 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

For that matter what ever happened to the contents of Amy's apartment! 

She initially moved out because of a burst water pipe. Maybe a lot of her stuff was damaged and not worth moving.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

We haven’t seen Amy’s harp since she moved in with Sheldon. I miss her playing it.

That is odd, you wouldn't expect a musician to give up her instrument.  Maybe it's in a closet somewhere.  I also just remembered Sheldon has that storage area where he keeps all his packrat stuff that he can't throw away.  Maybe she's storing some stuff there, or has another unit.  If Penny could afford that apartment on her waitress salary, Amy and Sheldon should have all sorts of disposable income.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

We haven’t seen Amy’s harp since she moved in with Sheldon. I miss her playing it.

I forgot about Amy playing the harp. Maybe the writers did too—which is too bad, because she could've played it at Leonard and Penny's wedding.

• Love 3

There was at least one scene with Amy's harp after she and Sheldon started living together, she came into the apartment dragging it (inside a case) saying that she liked playing the harp but was considering elevator repair lessons instead.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 3/8/2019 at 7:30 PM, rmontro said:

As I said before, I know marriages like this.  Specifically, I know a guy whose wife doles out money to him piecemeal every time he needs to go buy anything, even a pack of chewing gum.  And he makes more money than she does.  Ordinarily, I would say this is unfair, but he is VERY impulsive, and I don't find it hard to believe that he can't be trusted with the money.  I couldn't live that way, but it works for them, and that's all that matters.  I actually admire that he has the good sense to allow her to control the money.

As for Howard, haven't they said before that Bernadette gives him an allowance?

The late Mr. police did not do well with spending. I had to confiscate his debit card and he got cash every week. He was not happy in the beginning but got used to it. After a few years he got one back and did much better. Might have had something to do with my job. I worked out of town most of the week. After my job changed and I was home every day I kept a better watch on things. 

• Love 2

I thought the funniest moment was when Bernadette asked Howard where the kids were and when he thought they were upstairs told him they were at daycare just to watch him panic. And then he turns around and does the same thing to Stuart. I laughed out loud both times.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, ForReal said:

I thought the funniest moment was when Bernadette asked Howard where the kids were and when he thought they were upstairs told him they were at daycare just to watch him panic. And then he turns around and does the same thing to Stuart.

It's cute the way Stuart is so invested in his role of caring for the children.

• Love 6

Was anyone else hoping that Penny and/or Bernadette suffered some payback for being an absolute monster of a boss? Not anything major, but maybe one of her team got poached by the competition and spills some of their secrets. Or gets a book published about how her boss "Poppy Hoffmeister" is a complete nightmare to work for (even better is it's a bestseller that goes on to be made into a film that Penny auditions for - and doesn't get it).

Also, why would Sheldon want triplets? Surely you want your "Test Baby" and "Control Baby"* - what is the third one for?

* Hopefully, you won't call them that, but with Sheldon...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, John Potts said:

Also, why would Sheldon want triplets? Surely you want your "Test Baby" and "Control Baby"* - what is the third one for?

The phrase I've always heard has been "control group", and Sheldon would need more than one to call it a "group".

3 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

The phrase I've always heard has been "control group", and Sheldon would need more than one to call it a "group".

By that logic he would need a test "group" also.  You don't need more control than test.  Ideally they would be equal in number.

5 hours ago, John Potts said:

* Hopefully, you won't call them that, but with Sheldon...

He likes things in threes.  knock knock knock Penny, knock knock knock Penny, knock knock knock Penny

• Love 1
6 hours ago, John Potts said:

More data is always better. Three test subjects give more complete results or the ability to test more than one variable.