Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E03: Betrayals Are Going to Get Exposed

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Special K said:

Not to defend people's hypocrisy or lack of rigor in their eating decisions, but conventional wisdom for many years (including among scientists) was that fish did not have the same kind of nervous system and brain as other vertebrates and therefore don't feel pain the same way.  I know, how can we tell?  But this is the historical basis of people calling themselves vegetarians but also allowing themselves to eat fish.  I think scientists still don't know (but would be happy for others to disabuse me). 

Anyway, not all vegetarians are motivated by animal welfare.  Many do it for health reasons (lowering saturated fats), like Bill Clinton after his heart problems becoming vegan.  As a vegetarian for many years, I have learned never to talk about why I'm a vegetarian to other people - even people who seem interested inevitably become defensive like my decisions are de facto criticisms of them.  I don't expect them to justify to me what/when they eat.  If asked, I just say, "I've been doing it a long time, and it's what works for me."

Thanks for the additional explanation, I suppose it makes more sense to me.  I like your attitude about being vegetarian.  Unfortunately, I have come across more than a few of what I call "militant vegetarians" that try to impose their beliefs onto everyone else.  Like the tablemate at a friend's wedding who made a scene when the waiter told her that yes, the tomato soup was made with beef stock, and then loudly demanded vegetarian tomato soup and proclaimed to tell everyone at the table that there's no reason why animal products need to go into tomato soup.  Or the new woman in the office that was vegan.  I stopped going to lunch with her because of the scrutiny of every single component of my lunch.  "Did you know that there are eggs in mayonnaise?  Those eggs could have been fertilized and become living creatures if they hadn't been snatched away from their mothers."  It was exhausting and I pretty much started avoiding even talking to her in the office unless I had to.

The kicker is that Wendy isn't even vegetarian.  She just didn't want to see the chicken die.  The anchorman didn't want any part in killing it either, which strikes me as just as hypocritical.  They are on an island, they have a source of food and he wants to eat it but doesn't want to do any of the work.  Wendy could have simply just chosen not to eat the chicken but she wanted to impose her values on everyone and actively prevent them from eating the chickens.

We didn't really see them start a fire without the flint, I wish we would have seen Wendy's reaction to it.  We just saw the smoke after the fact.  Not sure why the tribe was so easily accepting of the fact that she didn't take the flint.  They all saw her walk into the campsite and then disappear.  But because she said she hadn't seen it and that maybe Chris took it, they believed her?  They aren't very bright.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Special K said:

One of my favorite Seinfeld bits ever.  Maybe we can make this a sticky for every season for the inevitable chicken/rooster discussion.  🙂

"And who doesn't serve cake after a meal? What kind of people? Would it kill them to put out a pound cake? Something!"

"We're sitting there like idiots drinking coffee without a piece of cake"

Chris really screwed up, maybe he'll come back and take Wardog down. I feel stupid just typing Wardog!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I've been indifferent about Wentworth in her previous appearances but I really can't stand her this season.  Permanent resting bitch face, indeed.

That whole "talking about Joe while he's hiding in plain sight" was just the cringiest thing I've seen in a long time.  

Like a lot of you, I'm bored.  Last season was really some big shoes to fill.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I've been indifferent about Wentworth in her previous appearances but I really can't stand her this season.  Permanent resting bitch face, indeed.

That whole "talking about Joe while he's hiding in plain sight" was just the cringiest thing I've seen in a long time.  

Like a lot of you, I'm bored.  Last season was really some big shoes to fill.

Kelly is not my favorite player, she has never been one of my favorites, but I can understand why she looks pissed/unhappy at every tribal, she has been targeted from day one and she knows it. She was kind to Wendy when they got back from the reward challenge and Wendy's ankle was messed up. Kelly looked concerned. Actually, the entire tribe I thought handled that well.

The chicken stuff: I know where chickens come from and how they die. That doesn't mean that I want to kill a chicken. I get grossed out when my kid wiggles his loose tooth. Just icky. Could I kill a chicken if I had to? Yes, because survival is more important and requires getting over my ickyness factor. Just like I changed diapers, cleaned up vomit, and bandage cuts and scrapes and the like. That doesn't mean I like doing it or want to do it or am not perfectly content to allow my husband to take care of all the bodily functions if I can.

And for all of Wendy's ridiculousness, she was fine with calling herself a hypocrite. It is not like she was pretending that she wasn't being a hypocrite, she was acknowledging that she knew her position was silly. It probably would have gone away of Dan would just have dropped it. But Dan being an ass wouldn't drop it.

I did like that Joe is so stealthy he doesn't need a spy shack.

• Love 7

Wardog has chosen the last two boots.  i.e. others had picked the target (Kelley), set their plan in motion with majority backing, only to see Wardog turn everything on its head at the 11th hour.  The whole time he was in zero danger of getting booted himself.   That's good playing IMO, however goofy his name seems.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Thanks for the additional explanation, I suppose it makes more sense to me.  I like your attitude about being vegetarian.  Unfortunately, I have come across more than a few of what I call "militant vegetarians" that try to impose their beliefs onto everyone else.  Like the tablemate at a friend's wedding who made a scene when the waiter told her that yes, the tomato soup was made with beef stock, and then loudly demanded vegetarian tomato soup and proclaimed to tell everyone at the table that there's no reason why animal products need to go into tomato soup.  Or the new woman in the office that was vegan.  I stopped going to lunch with her because of the scrutiny of every single component of my lunch.  "Did you know that there are eggs in mayonnaise?  Those eggs could have been fertilized and become living creatures if they hadn't been snatched away from their mothers."  It was exhausting and I pretty much started avoiding even talking to her in the office unless I had to.

The kicker is that Wendy isn't even vegetarian.  She just didn't want to see the chicken die.  The anchorman didn't want any part in killing it either, which strikes me as just as hypocritical.  They are on an island, they have a source of food and he wants to eat it but doesn't want to do any of the work.  Wendy could have simply just chosen not to eat the chicken but she wanted to impose her values on everyone and actively prevent them from eating the chickens.

We didn't really see them start a fire without the flint, I wish we would have seen Wendy's reaction to it.  We just saw the smoke after the fact.  Not sure why the tribe was so easily accepting of the fact that she didn't take the flint.  They all saw her walk into the campsite and then disappear.  But because she said she hadn't seen it and that maybe Chris took it, they believed her?  They aren't very bright.

I totally agree about vegetarians.  I was one for many years, many years ago.  But, I didn't tell anyone else what to eat and I realized that I had to work around the norms of society and society didn't have to bend over backwards to accommodate my dietary preferences.  Back then, there were far few meatless options at most restaurants.

So, did the vegan co-worker believe that every time a woman has her period she is committing murder?  Did she happen to share her views on abortion?  It wouldn't shock me if she believed unfertilized chicken eggs were sacred but human embryos were not.  

I didn't have any problem with the anchorman's attitude.  I am fine with someone not having the stomach to  personally slaughter an animal for food, as long as they don't mind others doing it.  

It was interesting that the believed Wendy.  There was a decent amount of circumstantial evidence against her and Survivor is a game of lies.   

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, blackwing said:

More David and Rick didn't want Wendy voted out so they told everyone that she didn't have the flint. The rest of them accepted the answer coming from David and Rick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

More David and Rick didn't want Wendy voted out so they told everyone that she didn't have the flint. The rest of them accepted the answer coming from David and Rick.

True, but I felt like David and Rick believed her.  Though, Rick probably should not have believed her, knowing she wanted him to help her free the chickens.  

2 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

True, but I felt like David and Rick believed her.  Though, Rick probably should not have believed her, knowing she wanted him to help her free the chickens.  

Rick didn't believe her, he knows she is trying to save the chickens. I doubt David believed her but he is not going to ask her to strip and prove that she is not hiding the flint. The two of them discussed talking to her before going and talking to her and part of David's conversation, I think, was that they don't want her to go home. I don't think they believed her but they are not going to sell her out because they don't want her to go home.

• Love 3

In one episode, Wendy has gone from cute but annoying to despicable.

Plotting to deprive your tribemates of needed food -- protein, no less! -- is about as low as you can go in this game. I'm talking Hantz levels of despicable. There is nothing adorable, noble or uplifting about it. Even her swimming ability isn't worth keeping around someone this selfish and untrustworthy.

Stealing the flint is almost as bad. Luckily, they didn't need it for fire so yeah, fuck you, Wendy.

She thinks she's soooo cute. 

She's not.

Otherwise, yeah, what a comedown after one of the best Survivor seasons of all time. I agree with the poster who said the EoE twist has thrown off the whole rhythm of the episodes, leaving each feeling curiously unfinished. I sure hope things pick up; so far I'm enjoying David's return, Ron Bergundy and, surprisingly, Warthog. Thanks mostly to the editing, I barely know any of the women (no surprise from Probst & Burnett).

Still waiting for this season to start....

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Gummo said:

Plotting to deprive your tribemates of needed food -- protein, no less! -- is about as low as you can go in this game. I'm talking Hantz levels of despicable.

It's reminds me of J'Tia.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Special K said:

It's reminds me of J'Tia.

I think she is worse than J'Tia.  J'Tia had an emotional outburst.  Wendy calmly plotted her food deprivation.

The funny thing is, that players who steal or destroy the food supply usually don't get immediately voted out.  It is almost worse to win a big food reward for your tribe or group, and even worse, to sacrifice your own share so more people to get it.   

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Gummo said:

Plotting to deprive your tribemates of needed food -- protein, no less! -- is about as low as you can go in this game. I'm talking Hantz levels of despicable.

I was reminded of Hantz too, except at least in his case, he was doing destructive things with a purpose. He figured having the camp in chaos would be to his benefit, and he may or may not have been right, but at least he wasn't wreaking havoc just for the LULZ. I liked Wendy initially and I don't dislike her now, but she's playing a dumb, terrible game.

The EOE scenes remind me of the Castaways show that was on this summer where a bunch of people were stranded each by him- or herself and didn't know how many others there were, where they were, where their belongings were, or how long they would have to wait for rescue. EOE is similar in how boring and pointless it is. Maybe it will pick up now that Chris is there.

The scene with Joe's sudden appearance was the only interesting thing that's happened so far. Whatever they're making, the camera people are underpaid.

Blind Girl: We have to get Joe and Aubrey out.
Blind Guy: Definitely, Joe and Aubrey should be first.
[camera pans slightly to the right]
Joe: What's that now?

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
(edited)

I don't know where else to put this, so I'll put it here. Is it just me or does anybody else miss Jeff's little speech to the tribe after someone is voted out, and says the whole "Grab your torches, head back to camp, goodnight" at the end? They can show that and the decision to show the person leaving deciding which path to take. This whole EOE thing is indeed pointless. Once their flame is gone, so should the player's game.

Edited by TVFan1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Agreed that this season is totally a snooze for me.  Even if last season wasn't such a winner, I'd be underwhelmed with this group. 

Cannot cannot cannot STAND Wendy. 

Even though I like Joe, I wish none of the returning players were there. 

So bummed that they voted Chris off -- great guy, very cute, challenge beast -- but he was really dumb to tell Wardog immediately after David warned him not to.  David is savvy -- best to follow his advice. 

Not liking this EofE addition to the show -- it changes the show's beginning and ending and I miss those two things.  I still don't know for sure what the votes were last night -- I could figure it out but I like to actually see those votes.  Yes, though I like Survivor creativity, I'm also a creature of habit in some things. 

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Probst told them there were 3 hens and one rooster.

Eating the rooster is a no brainier.  Even the choice of whether or not to eat the hens is a tough one.  Hens typically lay one egg per day. 3 eggs for 7 people is not a lot of food.

Wendy's "compassion" is as fake as her green hair.  She devours all types of animal flesh, but in a borderline starvation situation she suddenly becomes a vegetarian and tries to force 6 other hungry people to do so as well?

I am starting to wonder if he Tourette's is fake or exaggerated.  She seems like the type of person who loves to draw attention to herself, with her green hair and fake compassion for dinner.

I so agree. It's one thing to not be comfortable eating the chickens yourself, but to push that on everyone else in a starvation situation is over the top awful---even worse by the fact she wasn't one before coming on the show.

I'm also 100% not cool with stealing flint/doing things underhanded to undermine the group.

I'm tired of her "cuteness" but fear we'll be stuck for a while with her.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I don't know where else to put this, so I'll put it here. It just me or does anybody else miss Jeff's little speech to the tribe after someone is voted out, and says the whole "Grab your torches, head back to camp, goodnight" at the end? They can show that and the decision to show the person leaving deciding which path to take. This whole EOE thing is indeed pointless. Once their flame is gone, so should the player's game.

I didn't notice that.  But, I did notice that Jeff said, "The 3rd person voted out of Survivor is Chris".  No, "Survivor Edge of Extinction".  I don't recall Jeff ever leaving out the name of the season before. 

He is usually so regimented about using the same words (to the point of being annoying) in different parts of the show. 

3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I agree that I don't know any of the people on the yellow tribe besides Aubrey and Joe because we hardly see them.  I know the others only by physical characteristics... the other guys are Kid with Fox face, Mid 30s Buff guy, and Gay cheerleader and the women are African-American girl, blind Red haired girl, Generic brunette woman, and blonde woman that resembles an actress that I can't quite place.  I think maybe Amanda Seyfried or a young Virginia Madsen?

I don't mind the Edge of Extinction returning player twist.  Way back in the day I remember I hated the idea of Lill coming back into the game and making the finals, but I think it was more because I just hated Lill and her boy scout uniform.  But I don't really mind the redemption chances.  It's only one player and I think the game has evolved a lot since the days of Lill so it's interesting to see if the returnee has learned anything.

Wendy has already admitted that she is a hypocrite so I don't think it really matters if she eats fish or not.  She justified eating chicken at home by saying "but the ones at the grocery store are already dead".  Yeah, but at some point they were alive.  It seems maybe she is just opposed to the physical act of seeing the chickens killed?  I'm betting she doesn't have the same qualms about fish because she doesn't really see fish as animals with thoughts and feelings... people don't pet them and they don't make clucking noises, they are just there.  I have come across a few pescatarians who don't see any conflict between their mantra to "respect life" and not eat animals but then have no problems eating fish because they say that "fish are different".

Wendy is irritating but I don't think she's being passive aggressive on purpose... I think she is just stubborn and doesn't understand the target she is painting on her back.  I think she does want to be known as "the girl that took a stand against the chicken killers" and the fact that she dyes her hair green indicates to me that she does want people to recognise her "quirkiness" and "differentness".  But I don't think taking the flint is being passive aggressive.  Taking the flint is just being an aggressive dick move.  I'm sure she would just blame Chris for misplacing it, especially when it magically turns up again next episode.

I can't really blame Chris for telling The Warthog about the vote because in his mind, Warthog was his closest ally.  He allied with Keith but then the tribe determined to send Keith home.  So his only other ally at that point was Warthog.  I guess he just read the room wrong... he had seemingly no issues not telling his ally Keith that the tribe decided to send him home, but didn't want to blindside Warthog.  I think Warthog made a stupid move because I think he, Chris, David and Jared Fogle would have been a better alliance for him than Kelley and Lauren.

I didn't care for Aubrey in her first appearance.  Liked her a lot the second time.  Thought I would really like her here and I did, until last night.  Really, sobbing about finding an idol?  Telling the camera that she has never found an idol and she wants "the whole Survivor experience"?  Considering there are plenty of people who have applied to Survivor and haven't gotten to be on the show to experience it once, let alone THREE times... whatever.  Go suck an egg Aubrey.  She acted like she had found the cure for cancer.  There are more important things in life besides finding a Survivor idol.

Thank GOD an all Male alliance didnt take form. 

6 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

But, your comment reminded me of Nicaragua where the tribe inexplicably chose to eat one of the hens before the rooster. 

Nicaragua is also the season where they split the vote....and then voted off the person who didn't have the idol. 

5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

So, I don't understand why David and Rick didn't vote out Kelley. 

I don't understand why he ever thought about doing so in the first place.  I see no benefit to him.  Why does he distrust Kelley so much?  What could possibly be in it for either of them to vote the other out?  But yeah, his reasoning was bizarre: "Chris is the only one who knows we lead the charge to vote out Kelley."  But...who cares?  She's out?  And anyway Wendy also knows this?

• Love 2

Wendy entertains the crap out of me, I hope they keep her around as a shield. Also cracked me up how woke everyone else all of a sudden became about the cruelties of factory farming.

I love Aubrey. Can't help it. Thought it was cute how teary she got over finding an idol.

I had no idea who Chris was until last night. Oh well! And he oddly looked utterly unsurprised at the "twist" after getting voted off... I wonder if there's been a leak and some folks still in the game have heard rumors.

Still hating that we don't get to see who voted for whom. I have no problem with the EOE island situation, but I hate that it means they don't give us that information anymore.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

The scene with Joe's sudden appearance was the only interesting thing that's happened so far. Whatever they're making, the camera people are underpaid.

So funny.

And usually, I rewind funny scenes to rewatch them, but I couldn't, because I felt soooooo embarrassed.

And as @bunnyface pointed out:

Blind Couple plot against Joe openly

Joe:  What's that now?

(Five minutes later)

Joe:  I can't get a read on those two.

26 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

Also cracked me up how woke everyone else all of a sudden became about the cruelties of factory farming.

LOL, I know.  They are so the cool kids at school, falling over each other to emphatically agree with each other about everything.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

I had no idea who Chris was until last night. Oh well! And he oddly looked utterly unsurprised at the "twist" after getting voted off... I wonder if there's been a leak and some folks still in the game have heard rumors.

I think that's just the way he is and looks, which is so funny to me.

(Completely deadpan voice)  "Screw those guys......... I shall now enact my revenge....."

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

Nicaragua is also the season where they split the vote....and then voted off the person who didn't have the idol. 

It was also the season where the geniuses thought it was a good idea to protect their fire from the rain and high winds of a coming storm, by surrounding it with wooden chests, filled with most of their essential supplies and equipment.  Spoiler alert   

Spoiler

It did not turn out well.  

I think Nicaragua was probably the dumbest season ever, and Judd winning was fitting.  

Eh, Oceanian chickens (even domestic ones raised for food) are pretty savvy.  When I lived in Tonga they wandered all over the place and so did dogs, and I never saw predatory carnage.  The dogs were more interested in our garbage, leading to me shooing and shooing away a bunch of puppies and hearing Tongans laugh from a nearby building "ha ha ha palangi ha ha ha kuli."  [Palangi = foreigner, kuli = dog]  So I guess the most damage was to my ego.

There really aren't a lot of apex predators in the smaller islands of Oceania.  In fact the chickens are probably more susceptible to being preyed upon (despite my lack of anecdata) by domestic dogs or cats in more built up areas.   They would be fine if Wendy let them out.  I feel like there were other seasons they encountered feral or strayed-domestic chickens (that they couldn't catch) but I might be wrong.

I really don't think factory farming has come to Fiji in a big way, and all the Google hits I got were articles about small business and nicely green ventures.

Those weird production-supplied boxer briefs.  I've seen people comment on Joe's, but Chris has them too, just in a slightly less jarring color combination.  One time when he was being talked about there was a shot of him squatting down at the shoreline or a tidepool, and the central part stretched in a rather optical-illusion way over his glutes and then retracted when he stood up.  It was trippy.  I didn't really expect trippy when I was looking at his glutes.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

Still hating that we don't get to see who voted for whom. I have no problem with the EOE island situation, but I hate that it means they don't give us that information anymore.

I find it interesting that Wikipedia gets updated within a few hours after the episode airs and it has been indicating the vote.  Wikipedia says that Chris and Wendy voted for Kelley and everyone else voted for Chris.  Not sure who is updating it.  Makes me wonder if someone in production is doing it.

I am unclear as to why Reem and Keith both received a bottle and each of their bottles contained an identical map to the rice.  Is there going to be some competition component to this in the future?  When are they going to be told that one of the EoErs will return to the game?  I think it would be much more interesting if each person receives only a portion of the map and that the location of the rice changes every three days.  Then the EoErs have to decide who they want to work with and see who will share their portion of the map.  Maybe someone's portion of the map shows the rice location, someone else's has fruit, someone else's has fishing gear, etc.  Would be good to see who will ally with who, particularly after they have all been betrayed and booted in prior episodes.

I want fighting.  Why help keep your competition stronger?  Right now, with only two people, it was boring as hell to watch.  I want to see them finding or catching food and not sharing it.  I want to see some of them break off and form their own camp somewhere else.  If we don't get to see a "society falling apart" scenario on EoE then I think the whole premise is a waste of time.  If there is no drama, then don't bother showing us any of them, just wait until 10 of them are collected there and then show us the competition to get back in.

• Useful 2

Episode 3 and not a single person has actually gone home ... how long is this season gonna be?? lol.

I'm actually assuming a whole flight of people will be gone at once.

Wendy is annoying as hell, but I did respect how she fought through her ankle injury. I kind of wondered at first if the focus on the chickens was to deflect people away from the ankle.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KimberStormer said:

I don't understand why he ever thought about doing so in the first place.  I see no benefit to him.  Why does he distrust Kelley so much?  What could possibly be in it for either of them to vote the other out? 

To carry on with this thought, David says he targets Kelley because she is the least trustworthy person out there.  ???  She was very loyal in 2nd Chances.  She stayed true to her alliance through thick and thin. 

Now, she also had friends outside her alliance.  That helped keep her in the game to near the very end.  If David fears her for her craftiness, or her social skills, I understand.  But Kelley was loyal to a fault. 

btw, I'm enjoying the season, mostly because I like Kelley so much and she has been a target every episode, which keeps me on the edge of my seat from the moment her tribe loses the IC. 

• Love 1

So far it's a meh season because there are so many unknowns. One of the unknowns is I don't know half the cast. We've been spoiled the last 2 seasons. I miss the little things like Jeff's little pep talk and telling them to head back to camp. I miss the tribe getting up and picking up their torches. It always gave a sense that they did their job to vote someone out but they still have to face each other back at camp. I know it's silly since it's being done but we just don't see it. Then we have the unknown how the people being voted out are getting back in the game. It's not a straight season and it's hard to judge if I like it or hate it. I'm a tradionalist. When you are voted out.....you are voted out.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Yeah - isn't that where the astute player owns their mistake and asks Joe who he thinks should be going?

They just clammed up.

• Love 1

I had forgotten about the EOE, so when Chris was voted I out, I was irritated. Then when they showed him at the sign post of in or out I was relieved- and said you get your ass back in the game and send Dan home for real. Not 100% sure if I like this season, but don't flat out hate it..... so there's that.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Wenthworth is acting like such a sourpuss. I’m not exactly sure why. She’s basically offended that anyone would be going after her. It’s so odd. David is at least a little more fun with Rick & Wendy. She is acting so entitled that it’s a major turnoff. And, this coming from someone who was a big fan of hers. 

Isn’t Kelley’s current “How DARE you let my name come out of your mouth!?!?” attitude the exact same thing for which Kelley herself was berating Reem at the first TC...?  😛

Big Wendy is now Shut Up Wendy to me. Honestly, she eats meat all the time but suddenly she’s saving chickens and stealing flint, knowing she’s pissing off her entire tribe? In a game where you need people to like you in order to win? She’s either gunning for air time or she’s a moron. I don’t find her adorable at all. 

I started out trying to like Wendy, but honestly she just makes it too much of an effort - especially with her latest “meat is immoral unless it’s properly packaged for my consumption” bullshit, along with her accompanying “y’all don’t get to eat meat if I don’t want you to” bullshit.  Big Wendy?  More like Bullshit Wendy.

13 hours ago, mertensia said:

I was somewhat surprised that Keith was the big explorer on the quest for rice (soon to be a Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay blockbuster movie) while Reem whined about everything as she dragged behind him. And lady, at least you got rice. 

Agree, especially considering one of Reem’s opening remarks to Keith was about how she hadn’t eaten in three days.  

Although I do have to wonder: are they burning more calories retrieving the rice than they’re going to recoup by eating it? 😉

11 hours ago, violet and green said:

No, it was The Warthog. Dumb but loyal Chris told him the plan to get out Wentworth, and The Warthog scotched it - twice. Twice.

Yup - and that’s exactly why I’m not overly bummed at Chris’s eviction, because he totally flubbed the perfect way to approach Warthog with the Wentworth Elimination Solution - an appeal to Dan’s perception of his image as portrayed on the show:

”I mean, c’mon man - I’m not proposing anything revolutionary here.  Last time YOU said ‘Let’s get out Keith this time around, and we’ll get out Kelley the next’, I went along with you on it, and you got your way.  You going to go back on your word now?”

9 hours ago, violet and green said:

I don't trust The Warthog to identify a rooster.

In a mix of three hens and one rooster, he kinda stands out. 😉

And as @bunnyface pointed out:

Blind Couple plot against Joe openly

Joe:  What's that now?

(Five minutes later)

Joe:  I can't get a read on those two.

Yeah, that bit cracked me up like Krakatoa.  😄

Honestly, Joe, I was really hoping you weren’t just that dumb.

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I must be the only one who is bored with this season. I got nothing 😑

I came to the site to read this forum. When I got to my home page, I totally forgot what show I was looking for.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

For a kind of "meh" episode, there were enough moments to keep me entertained.

"Lost her rocker" genuinely cracked me the hell up.

I think I would like Warthog if he wasn't named "Wardog."  He's not wrong, and he's playing the game--admittedly from a position of power and strength--but his nickname grates on me and smacks of someone who has a more arrogant personality than I would like to hang out with.  Hence my utter amusement at his mixed metaphor.  Not so smart there, eh?

Speaking of not so smart.  I can't decide who is dumber:  Victoria--for not checking her immediate environs for eavesdroppers before scheming about Joe, with Joe in plain sight right behind her, or Joe--for being right there for all the scheming  and then befuddledly still unable to read the room.  Awwwwwwkwaaaaard.

Sigh.  Kelly Wentworth is obviously believing her own publicity these days and her ego is clearly stoked to a fever pitch.  I liked her much better when she was a humble farm girl from Ephrata playing her heart out in this silly game.

Chris has no one to blame but himself.  What a n00b.  But I hope he comes back from EoE island wiser and revved up to really play.  But what will really happen is he'll find an immunity idol, tell everyone about it while swearing them to secrecy, then get blindsided later that day.  Poor dear.

That trek to the stairs on EoE looked sketchy as hell to me.  Surely there was an easier way to get to the steps than clinging precariously to the lava rock like mountain goats while being pounded by the surf? 

And lastly, hypocritical Big Wendy is really shaping up to be an adorable Russell Hantz.  <-- three words I never thought I'd type together in a row.  What is this world coming to?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

Eh, Oceanian chickens (even domestic ones raised for food) are pretty savvy.  When I lived in Tonga they wandered all over the place and so did dogs, and I never saw predatory carnage.

OK, I'm thinking you might be the only one 'round these parts who can start a sentence with, "When I lived in Tonga..."!  How cool.  Color me jealous.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

In a mix of three hens and one rooster, he kinda stands out.

10 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It is pretty easy.

A full grown rooster, yes, but not all breeds are obvious and at point-of-lay it can be easy to confuse the sexes. I've been keeping chickens for twenty years; and my friend was recently accidentally sold a rooster (by a professional poultry company) as a point-of-lay hen. Some hens also crow, confusing the issue further. I saw no distinctive comb on the black hen - but The Warthog spoke, and thus it must be so!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I have no intel, but I would find it delightful if EoE was just a ruse, and all the bootees choose that option...and nothing happens.  A boat comes by in two weeks and swoops them all away.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 3/7/2019 at 10:14 AM, ProfCrash said:

[Rick] knows that [Wendy] took the flint and is screwing with the chickens.

He knows she took the flint? I know he suspects it, but I don't remember her telling him.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:43 AM, kikaha said:

Wardog has chosen the last two boots.  i.e. others had picked the target (Kelley), set their plan in motion with majority backing, only to see Wardog turn everything on its head at the 11th hour.  The whole time he was in zero danger of getting booted himself.   That's good playing IMO, however goofy his name seems.

I think he's playing the best game right now, which isn't saying much, but still. It'll be interesting to see how he maneuvers a tribe swap and/or the merge.

Listlessly saying "someday they'll target the strong..." and trailing off is not enough. 

I loled so hard at the scene. It was her "I don't know ..." at the end that really got me. It was so passive, which I hate, but it was still so funny to me. Anyway, I agree with you that Kelley is having a real hard time deciphering how to play from the position she's in. Having never been anything but an underdog makes it hard, I'm sure, but also I just think her position in general is one that's hard to really navigate. Like you said, she's not on the bottom but she's not the leader either, so like what do you do in that instance? It's hard. I really hope she can get a handle on things soon or that her position drastically changes because I miss her fire.

I am not as bored by this season so far as everyone else. I thought there were tons of hilarious moments in this ep.

Chris seemed so very naive. What a cute little idiot! I hope being blindsided ignites a fire in him and he is the one to come back and he actually does some damage. I think Wardog deciding to boot him was a mistake. He seemed stupidly loyal to Wardog.

Wendy is the worst, in the best way. I love it!

So, I was right, Victoria's a dumb ass. And I love her for it! That scene was so cringeworhty. I'm annoyed that people aren't on Ron for this like they are Victoria though. Ron is even dumber! At least Joe was behind Victoria; he was right in front of Ron!

Even though I'm over Aubry and I want all the returnees out, I loved her finding the idol. Her crying over it was cute. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

EOE island/beach is going to get awful crowded if everyone voted off is going to go there. So far everyone has. 

Also, how long is the game going to last if everyone who has been voted out re-enters the game after going to the edge and has to be voted out a second time?

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, marys1000 said:

So an episode with chicken drama.  I eat meat but would have trouble killing it.  Not sorry if that makes me all the harsh names Wendy has been called, sheesh. 

I don't think anyone, either here or on the island, would have had a problem with Wendy saying exactly what you did, "I eat meat at home, but I'm uncomfortable with actually killing it and I won't have any if you guys kill it." OK, no problem there. But Wendy took it further. "I'm uncomfortable with killing it, therefore no one else should have any. Even though it doesn't actually go against my morals, I just want to deprive everyone else of something because I don't want it."

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 7
(edited)
33 minutes ago, violet and green said:

A full grown rooster, yes, but not all breeds are obvious and at point-of-lay it can be easy to confuse the sexes. I've been keeping chickens for twenty years; and my friend was recently accidentally sold a rooster (by a professional poultry company) as a point-of-lay hen. Some hens also crow, confusing the issue further. I saw no distinctive comb on the black hen - but The Warthog spoke, and thus it must be so!

I have a cool poultry book about different breeds, from common to exotic, and yes, some are very hard to tell apart unless you've got a handy-dandy chicken chart in your swim trunks or bikini.  When in doubt, wait until you can tell which ones just laid eggs.

I feel bad that people hold Kelly's RBF against her.  I have an RBF and have been misjudged for everything from anger to snobbery to hate, when I've just been sitting or standing there with nothing particular on my mind.  I had to fight hard to keep a damn job because of it once.

Edited by EllenB
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Big Wendy is now Shut Up Wendy to me. Honestly, she eats meat all the time but suddenly she’s saving chickens and stealing flint, knowing she’s pissing off her entire tribe? In a game where you need people to like you in order to win? She’s either gunning for air time or she’s a moron. I don’t find her adorable at all. 

Setting the chickens free would probably mean they will get ripped to shreds by predators. It would be more humane just to cut their heads off.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, eel2178 said:

Also, how long is the game going to last if everyone who has been voted out re-enters the game after going to the edge and has to be voted out a second time?

I assumed that only one of them would get back in?  Just like Redemption Island.  There were competitions where the loser would leave Redemption for good and then when it got down to a few I think there was some kind of competition where the winner got back in the game.  I know in Blood vs Water it was Tina.  For some reason I assumed the same with EoE.  I was thinking some would drop out because they can't take it (particularly those that will have been there for a long time... I can't see Keith making it to the end) and then of the ones that are left, not sure how it will work.

Now that you mention it, it would be interesting if more than one get back in.  These people will have been together for days and maybe they form a EoE alliance and then if say, three of them come back in it would certainly screw up the final vote dynamic depending on who makes the final tribal.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, eel2178 said:

We have a couple of different seasons to look at for reference. The Outcast Tribe in Pearl Islad competed and won back 2 spots at one time. those two players replaced a player on each tribe that was voted out. On Redemption Island, they had the battles eac week with the loser leaving the game and the last player standing winning their way back into the game. I suspect that EoE is going to follow one of those two paths. It is looking to be more like the Outcast Tribe then Redemption. 

Rick (Ron Burgundy) seems to be playing a good game.  He's doing a good job at being affable, which makes for a good social game allowing him to float without seeming to float.  I liked how when Wendy was trying to recruit him to help her release the chickens he was careful to agree with her sentiments, but also tell her "no" about actually taking action.  So when the flint went missing, I'm pretty sure he figured out Big Wendy was behind it.  Interesting that the interrogation of Big Wendy didn't reveal she'd done it.  She's good at lying then, so if she survives the next little bit and her ankle recovers, she may last longer than we otherwise might have thought.

Apparently they run a pretty loose camp, since Chris?  Warthog? said he'd just left the flint there by the fire where he'd finished using it.  Wentworth's eyes nearly bugged out of her head and I'll bet she was shrieking "WTF!!?!?!!?" on the inside.  Losing the flint is a really big deal--just ask that guy who did that on Alone and went home because he couldn't make fire--but since everyone basically shrugged and were like "What can 'ya do?" about it, it seems that losing the flint was as possible an outcome to them as foul play.

19 hours ago, MRMO said:

Everyone else seems to just hang around having boring conversations and threatening to make this season a cure for insomnia. 

I have horrible insomnia no doctor has been able to find a solution for; however, I fell asleep during tribal council last night. You may be on to something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1