Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E03: Betrayals Are Going to Get Exposed

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

This is shaping up to be one the most boring seasons in the shows history. No real characters you can love or hate. Giving yourself an idiotic name like Wardog doesn't make you interesting. Wendy's chicken nonsense doesn't make her entertaining. Everyone else seems to just hang around having boring conversations and threatening to make this season a cure for insomnia. I didn't like Reem but I hope she comes back. At least she'll shake things up and hopefully keep viewers awake.

• Love 16

I'm embarrassed to be discussing Survivor and using the name "Wardog" with a straight face.  However David DID tell Chris not to talk to Wardog (sigh) so Chris has himself to blame for assessing that he had a stronger connection with Wardog (sigh) than Kelly had with Wardog (sigh.)

I'm happy to see the pravana rapidly falling out of Wendy's hair.   Real life.

• Love 5

I'm not a fan of the twist, but I'm still glad Kelley is still in the game and continues to survive the votes, and she's been the target every tribal council. I'll always love Kelley, and hope she can keep it up without going to EOE. 

Wendy lost points with me for stealing the flint and not wanting her tribe to eat the chickens. It's food after all. 

Tribal shocked me. Even though Chris was talked about, I still thought Wendy would go. Now he's on his way to EOE.

• Love 2

I can't stand Reem's voice and whining either.   My eyes rolled pretty far back in my head when she went blathering about being a mother figure (I thought she didn't want that role??????????????????????????????????) so that was her reason to participate now instead of just sitting around and starving while wrapped in a sail for 3 days and not finding food for herself.   She's an idiot.   I wish she had swiped left.

Chris seems properly motivated to be on the deserted island.   He's going to be bored out of his skull with the 2 low energy cannonballs strapped to his leg but hopefully his revenge will carry him through.  

Not a lot of tension and drama yet.  I don't mind David but Aubrey seems too calculated and Kelly is obnoxious.  Joe is pretty but I'm kind of over him....not completely though because there doesn't seem to be much to root for otherwise yet.   I mean when 2 people can't see Joe 6 feet away from them in open water I'm not sure what to say.   And the one guy was facing him.   How did he sneak up on them?

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Wenthworth is acting like such a sourpuss. I’m not exactly sure why. She’s basically offended that anyone would be going after her. It’s so odd. David is at least a little more fun with Rick & Wendy. She is acting so entitled that it’s a major turnoff. And, this coming from someone who was a big fan of hers. 

Can you blame her?  Her tribe has lost every challenge, she's gotten votes at every TC, and she is held up by everyone as the big looming threat of the game while David (just as good if even a better player) slides along totally under the radar.

• Love 8

So having seen a bit more of the “Edge of Extinction”, I have to say I am a bit disappointed.  The sign said that it’s really hard.  But so far all I see is a daily long hike to get a cup or two of rice and boredom from nothing to do.  I’m assuming there is a well of water somewhere so they have that at least.  For a chance to get back in the game and win a million dollars, doesn’t seem so hard.  

I think it should be more like “Naked and Afraid”.  Give them absolutely nothing.  They have to truly rely on survival skills for food and shelter and water.  Naked would be ok too, it’s supposed to be extreme and it would definitely weed out the psychologically weak in an instant.  

• Love 2

What' wrong with Reem on the other island ?? There's lots to eat around there : there's palm leaves and tree roots and probably tons of little creatures down at the beach ! Or, take off your shirt, go out in the water and snag a few little fish. Ok, it's not like that or that easy, but I do wonder of she looked for anything at all, or they just didn't show it. Maybe she's so weak from  not eating in the 1st place. If they really stuck her out there with nothing for 3 days, that is really pretty cruel.

As for the game, not much to say except Wendy was super annoying. I get not wanting to have to kill the birds or even clean them, etc. but people need food ! If she had let them go, I'd have lost it on her ( had I been a player.) That's not her choice to make. Also, I didn't even remember the "Sia money" mentioned above ( it still only vaguely rings a bell) but that really could be her reasoning. Still not right, I think.

• Love 1

They're wasting too much time with the marooned maroons on that island.  No wonder the regular cast seems blah; there's not as much footage shown as usual due to the MMs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think back to this time last season and how much better it was-and then remember it’s merely episode 3.  This time last season we already had good characters (the rootable, the villains, and the annoying), blindsides, strategy, betrayals, and just fun.  

Reem actually seemed to cheer up once Keith arrived.  And Chris, if he wants to make life easy, might be a good provider and camp worker.  They may all end up sticking it out after all.  

• Love 7

It’s far too early to give up on this season, but I’m not feeling it either. The whole Chris-blabs-to-Warthog-and-screws-up-the-plan felt sooo last episode.  Big Wendy is trying way too hard to be a capital-C Character.  And who can’t see Snidely Whiplash when he’s crouching 2 feet away from you?

Meh. I hope things start looking up next week.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I was somewhat surprised that Keith was the big explorer on the quest for rice (soon to be a Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay blockbuster movie) while Reem whined about everything as she dragged behind him. And lady, at least you got rice. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 9:11 PM, LadyChatts said:

... Ron had the option of stealing the reward, but no one knows that, and he probably made the right choice, since he didn’t know whether his tribe would be going to TC.  And why burn bridges in case there’s a swap?  I wonder if the advantage gets re-buried since it wasn’t used. ...

... I feel like I don’t know enough about Kama, other than everyone but Aurora wants Joe/Aubry gone, and Victoria is bad at strategizing. ...

Thanks because I totally completely forgot some guy got an advantage about something and now, as usual in Survivor, it is meaningless having expired.  Though I thought Rick got it.  Who is Ron?

As for Yellow Tribe you are far far ahead of me.  I recognize only Joe and Aubrey mainly because that is the only two people I seem to see there and I remember Aubrey was on in the past though I have zero memory of Joe.  I noticed some red haired girl with pig tails because that hair and style stands out but I don't know her name.  I have no idea at all who anyone else is even just based on physical descriptions.   I just think of them collectively as The Total Blur Group.

23 hours ago, jay741982 said:

... David who arrogantly said " whoever Rick and I decide goes home. ...

What arrogance?  I heard none.  It was a simple, logical statement born out of being able to do elementary arithmetic.

Edited by green
  • Love 7

zzzzzzzzzzzz

I love Kelley, I'm glad she's stayed over the three people voted out so far, but I'd like it a lot better if she was actually, you know, doing something.  Listlessly saying "someday they'll target the strong..." and trailing off is not enough.  I want to see that Michelle Schubert action, at the very least, if not Cirie or JT-style (don't @ me) Big Ass Moves.

But I think she maybe has kind of no idea what to do in this ambiguous power position.  Her entire Survivor experience is being the underdog -- she was the Amber-style "why is she even here?" choice in Second Chances, not the huge target everyone wanted to take out, and thrived on the bottom.  This is maybe the worst of all worlds for her, not in the scrappy underdog role she knows how to play, but also not a leader, just a sort of peripheral figure in a weak alliance of low-energy losers, and getting votes literally every tribal.  I don't know if I would know what to do either.

Good for Aubry for going and getting that idol instead of standing around saying a woman should get an idol like your tribemates.  But you are also uninspiring.  As is Joe.  As is David, who I still dislike just as much as I always did, especially with his especially hateable sidekick Jared Fogle.  And I barely know who any of the returnees even are, except Wendy, who lost me totally.  I am a vegetarian IRL, and I do not understand the weird Survivor chicken/goat/etc sentimentality at all.  There have been Survivor vegetarians who just quietly don't eat the meat at rewards etc and don't make a thing out of it; that I get.  But this nonsense is just totally ridiculous.

I feel like these lame-o's have sucked my own energy right out of me and I don't have anything real to say.  Let's hope for better next week.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, EllenB said:

Isn't there something along the lines of "Eat chicken today, starve tomorrow.  Go hungry today, eat eggs the rest of your time here you effing morons"? 

They were going to eat the rooster. Roosters typically don't produce many eggs.

Also, Wendy, the sanctimonious moron, wanted to let the chickens loose, which would mean no eggs or meat.

• Love 4
(edited)

This start is definitely giving me Ghost Island-vibes and that's the worst thing I could ever say about a beginning of a Survivor season.

Similar to GI, the twists are throwing the chemistry completely out of whack and the editors are showing the wrong things as a result. The focus on clearly doomed Wendy is giving me those Jacob flashbacks when the editors foolishly decided to focus their first two episodes on a guy who was voted out second. 

And frankly, considering how shitty most of these last couple of seasons have been, with an obvious huge exception in DvG, I'm glad Probst decided to get a new casting director. Casts are the lifeblood of any reality show and Survivor's casts have been weak for a few years now. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 6

How many more booted players need to arrive at Extinction Island before they participate in some sort of challenge to cull the hurd? Bad idea from the get-go. Those booted off, particulaly this early, are eager to extend their 15 minutes. Ponderosa has already become a ghost town. 

7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Correct if I am wrong but wasn't it Chris who went against getting Wentworth out last week?  Well that will show him.

No, it was The Warthog. Dumb but loyal Chris told him the plan to get out Wentworth, and The Warthog scotched it - twice. Twice.

I am glad Chris is now burning with the fury of a thousand suns and will return to wreak his vengeance on the disloyal and snivelly (David), etc. Plus his hotness will live on, on whatever island!

2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Also, Wendy, the sanctimonious moron, wanted to let the chickens loose, which would mean no eggs or meat.

We don't know it is a rooster. The Warthog just said it was a rooster, 'the black one', but I saw no evidence it was.

Meh, she's the only one left on Manu I can stand really, so if she wants to express compassion to innocent laying hens, I'm all in. The hens tend to stay around camp if you treat them with some decency, and scrounge for scraps, anyway.

Glad Aubry got an idol, and enjoyed her getting emotional about it. 

Wentworth is not disappointing with the angry contemptuous faces at Tribal!

But it is a dull Survivor, so far, especially after last season's superenjoyability.

• Love 11

Wardog, it's "Lost her marbles" or "Off her rocker".  But his "Lost Her Rocker" comment did give me one of the best laughs of the night and it probably fits Wendy better.   This is not a person playing to win unless she's going with a sort of drag the colorful but non-threatening character to the end strategy.  However they determined there was a rooster there were also multiple chickens and they declared they'd only eat one and use the rest for eggs so why is she so determined to release them all.  Did the tribe explain the egg plan to her?  Could we have seen that?  And stealing the flint to get her way was a dick move.  Wonder what the cast thought watching that episode and seeing how it really went down.

Reem you are NOT the den mother here, did you learn nothing at that tribal.  She's going to revert right back to what she was day 1 and wonder why they still don't like her.  On the flip of that though it's a different dynamic with the cast offs, no challenges or tribals they know of just lot's of time to stew and complain to each other about how they were wronged or who they're going to "get" when/if they return to the game.

Wentworth has resting bitch face multiplied by 1000 and seems to be on a "how dare anyone vote for me" run.  I hate that I'm enjoying Aubrey especially her idol find because I never liked her before but in the reverse of I-Deserve-It-All-Wentworth I thought Aubrey was so genuine and happy to find that idol and she deserves all credit for it.  There's nobody to really, really root for so far though; part of the problem is three episodes aren't enough to get to know everyone and part is the Manu losing streak means Kama just doesn't get the same screen time and we don't really know much about the personalities there.  I'm starting to wonder about the invisibles and maybe they're the ones to watch, like Victoria (knit hat aside) and Gavin.   Well next week: 

Spoiler

Tribe switch and switch from two tribes to three 

maybe that'll shake up the one tribe streak and give us some new dynamics and the chance to see who some of these background players really are.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I must be the only one who is bored with this season. I got nothing 😑

I have forgotten about the previous two weeks. Wasn't excited about the returnees or the twist. Watched this week and remembered why. 

Chris is an idiot. 

Wendy is an annoying hypocrite. 

Aubry finding an idol annoys the fuck out of me. I really want her and Joe to go away. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, blackwing said:

Aargh!   Well screw the blue tribe, they can all die as far as I’m concerned.  Chris was their strongest player and seemed like a decent guy.  Truly can’t stand The Warthog and his serial killer eyes.  Kelly sucks too.

His eyes are a little too psycho for me.

1 hour ago, violet and green said:

No, it was The Warthog. Dumb but loyal Chris told him the plan to get out Wentworth, and The Warthog scotched it - twice. Twice.

I am glad Chris is now burning with the fury of a thousand suns and will return to wreak his vengeance on the disloyal and snivelly (David), etc. Plus his hotness will live on, on whatever island!

We don't know it is a rooster. The Warthog just said it was a rooster, 'the black one', but I saw no evidence it was.

Meh, she's the only one left on Manu I can stand really, so if she wants to express compassion to innocent laying hens, I'm all in. The hens tend to stay around camp if you treat them with some decency, and scrounge for scraps, anyway.

Glad Aubry got an idol, and enjoyed her getting emotional about it. 

Wentworth is not disappointing with the angry contemptuous faces at Tribal!

But it is a dull Survivor, so far, especially after last season's superenjoyability.

Probst told them there were 3 hens and one rooster.

Eating the rooster is a no brainier.  Even the choice of whether or not to eat the hens is a tough one.  Hens typically lay one egg per day. 3 eggs for 7 people is not a lot of food.

Wendy's "compassion" is as fake as her green hair.  She devours all types of animal flesh, but in a borderline starvation situation she suddenly becomes a vegetarian and tries to force 6 other hungry people to do so as well?

I am starting to wonder if he Tourette's is fake or exaggerated.  She seems like the type of person who loves to draw attention to herself, with her green hair and fake compassion for dinner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Wardog, it's "Lost her marbles" or "Off her rocker".  But his "Lost Her Rocker" comment did give me one of the best laughs of the night and it probably fits Wendy better.   This is not a person playing to win unless she's going with a sort of drag the colorful but non-threatening character to the end strategy.  However they determined there was a rooster there were also multiple chickens and they declared they'd only eat one and use the rest for eggs so why is she so determined to release them all.  Did the tribe explain the egg plan to her?  Could we have seen that?  And stealing the flint to get her way was a dick move.  Wonder what the cast thought watching that episode and seeing how it really went down.

Reem you are NOT the den mother here, did you learn nothing at that tribal.  She's going to revert right back to what she was day 1 and wonder why they still don't like her.  On the flip of that though it's a different dynamic with the cast offs, no challenges or tribals they know of just lot's of time to stew and complain to each other about how they were wronged or who they're going to "get" when/if they return to the game.

Wentworth has resting bitch face multiplied by 1000 and seems to be on a "how dare anyone vote for me" run.  I hate that I'm enjoying Aubrey especially her idol find because I never liked her before but in the reverse of I-Deserve-It-All-Wentworth I thought Aubrey was so genuine and happy to find that idol and she deserves all credit for it.  There's nobody to really, really root for so far though; part of the problem is three episodes aren't enough to get to know everyone and part is the Manu losing streak means Kama just doesn't get the same screen time and we don't really know much about the personalities there.  I'm starting to wonder about the invisibles and maybe they're the ones to watch, like Victoria (knit hat aside) and Gavin.   Well next week: 

Reveal spoiler

Tribe switch and switch from two tribes to three 

maybe that'll shake up the one tribe streak and give us some new dynamics and the chance to see who some of these background players really are.

LOL.  I noticed Warthog's, "lost her rocker" too.  Sounds like something that could happen to a senile, old woman. 🙂

I really don't mind Wentworth.  For her own good, she should acquire a poker face for TC, but I didn't see entitlement in her looks, just understandable displeasure with being targeted, which she should do a better job of hiding.

David's comment about targeting social players seemed to trigger her, because it made it seem like he was going against the plan to vote out Chris.

I really don't understand why he said that, unless it was misdirection to fool Chris, in case he had a idol.

I hate when players blab about tribe dynamics and what they are thinking at TC.  They should follow Vito Corleone's rule and never tell anyone outside the alliance what they are thinking.

I would answer all of Jeff's questions with a combination of nodding and shaking my head at the same time and a bunch of cliches, like "You never know, Survivor is a crazy game", "You have to take it one TC at a time.", "I just want to help the tribe."

• Love 4
(edited)
38 minutes ago, violet and green said:

I don't trust The Warthog to identify a rooster.

It is pretty easy.

But, your comment reminded me of Nicaragua where the tribe inexplicably chose to eat one of the hens before the rooster.  I guess they wanted to make sure they didn't oversleep and miss a challenge.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I agree this is so far a very boring season.  I don't care enough (yet) to learn most of the names.  Of course we still don't see much of the tribe that keeps winning, so it's hard to learn any of their names.  (There's a Julie and a Julia?)  While the concept of the bootees forming a new tribe or being reinserted into the game some other way will be an interesting dynamic, I can't help but feel they were legitimately ousted from the game so they should be drinking mai tais on the beach at Ponderosa.  There should not be a second chance once your torch has been snuffed.

During the reward challenge I wonder whose idea it was for Joe to not use the slingshot.  Did he deliberately step back to let someone else shine?  (Because I'm pretty sure they would have won had he been slinging the shot.)  Kind of risky for him to suddenly want to be UTR.  Sure, he has a big ol' bull's eye on his back, but as long as he can keep proving his value, as well as keeping his tribe in the W category, he'll be safe.

So will Wendy refuse to eat fish too?

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, PaperTree said:

The rooster isn't laying any eggs....

OH, the annual rooster vs hens eggs vs meat discussion. How I have missed you so. And I choose one post at random, not meant as a slight. Unless Papertree feels slighted that I didn't think that this one post was amazing. In that case it was not a random choice and the post was amazing. I just so love the rooster/hen discussion we get to have every year.

OK, so Wendy. Wendy is working too hard to be a character. She is not Philip annoying or the fighter pilot/gymnast/spy/done every job in the world Debbie annoying but Wendy is working at being a character. I strongly dislike characters. Still not at Coach or Russell levels of "get her off the show" annoying but edging closer.

So here is how I see Wendy. I think she is someone who has always been different, probably because of the terets (sp) and she has embraced that because, well, why not? She likes being quirky and I suspect that she is used to being the outsider. So she is at the bottom of the tribe and she knows it. She is enjoying poking at the people running the tribe because, well, she can. I suspect that the chicken BS is simply because it is causing so much heart burn for Lauren and Dan.

And here is the thing, the majority of the tribe was willing to write off Reem, Wendy and Keith on day one for a variety of reasons. They came up with the stereotypical tropes and decided to stick with them. They literally pointed at Reem and Wendy helping Keith work on his swimming, something to help the tribe in competitions, and said that was some how bad. So why shouldn't Wendy fuck with them? And maybe have some fun fucking with them. I mean, Dan was annoyed that she did not accept his decision that Reem should go home on day 3 and had the audacity to suggest voting for Kelly and then say that she wasn't going to vote for Reem.

They were able to get a fire going and I don't think that Wendy would have allowed people to freeze and not returned the flint. She is clearly focused on the chickens as being something to stand up for. I am guessing it is a combination of past "loved characters" have been all about caring for the chickens and not eating the chickens and a more "oh my god that is were chicken comes from" real life wake up call. I think it is a bit ridiculous but I suspect part of this is a passive aggressive way of telling her tribe to fuck off. They wrote her off for no real reason so why should she care about them.

And she is pissing off Dan and Lauren and I am fine with pissing the two of them off. Especially annoying Dan. Dan can be annoyed all day.

And then there is Chris being an idiot. Did he some how or another talk with the Doctor from last season who was seen as a threat when she wasn't but who people would try and pull into their plans and then she would blow them up by telling Mike when she was specifically told not to tell Mike? Because Chris was told not to tell Dan what their plans were and Chris was an idiot. Not only did he tell Dan the plan but Chris managed to make himself into the target instead of Wendy.

For the record, I don't like Dan. I think he is an arrogant ass and so want to see him gone. The sooner the better.

On the Karma tribe, Woman in a Hat is an idiot. Ozzy Jr is behind you gathering food in his brightly colored undies and you are holding a conversation about voting him out with the bogus University dude. Somehow, neither Hat Woman or University Fraud dude see wanna be Ozzy? How blind are you?

Aubrey found an idol. Yeah. Not really but she does need the idol because her game play has not been great. Granted, her tribe has made it clear that they want the vets out and have iced out Joe and Aubrey but Aubrey did not help herself by saying the exact same thing to every member of that tribe.

I want Reem to win because this season is 1) boring 2) filled with bad players 3) filled with blind players 4) filled with players who annoy me. If it can't be Reem, I'll take the TV anchor who is at least trying to do something behind the scenes and is at least playing well enough to not give away his position to Dan while selling out Chris.

ETA: So we got through the first three votes and the ala cart advantage did not get used. Wanna be University should have taken the chickens using his advantages. That would have been fun to watch "Sucky Tribe wins! And loses its reward because that is what happens to sucky tribe."

Edited by ProfCrash
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

I remembered Survivor was on, but then was watching some stupid rerun and caught the vote, that's it.  Never happened before so, maybe a sign that the season hasn't been super so far. 

I noticed the WW face at tribal and was immediately struck by the editing.  Not saying that she is being totally misrepresented and i miss smily the rest of the time but they cut in those reaction shots a lot for tribal and hers were pretty obvious.  Plus she knew she was getting votes so. 

So an episode with chicken drama.  I eat meat but would have trouble killing it.  Not sorry if that makes me all the harsh names Wendy has been called, sheesh. 

• Love 6

I think that Wendy wants to become a beloved Survivor along the lines of Tai, so she is going the chicken route.  However, what she missed is that Tai did not release the chickens for escape, he cared for them while they were alive to make them as happy and comfortable as possible.  When Wendy talks about freeing the chickens, I don't think her intent is to let them roam around camp, but rather to go into the jungle to be "free."  And, I cannot tell you how much this perspective bothers me.  These chickens were not raised in the jungle, they are from a farm.  They will have no idea how to really survive in the jungle and will, indeed, die more horrific and painful deaths than a quick machete to the neck.  It's like people who abandon their dogs and cats into the woods thinking that because they're animals they'll know how to survive.  No-in my mind it's abuse and Wendy is willing to have the chickens suffer in the wild so that she can create a character for herself that she hopes will endear her to the audience and probably get social media followers for her.  I liked her prior to this episode, but her desire for some fame while ignoring the very real perils of releasing the chickens just bothers me (plus her dismissal of the chickens she ate at home by saying that they were basically dead anyway...).

So, I don't understand why David and Rick didn't vote out Kelley.  Even though Chris did tell Wardog about the plan, they still had 4 votes to 3 and could have taken out Kelley and saved Chris as part of their alliance.  I get that Chris was not smart to say something to Wardog, but they still had the numbers to get Kelley out.  

Now I am rooting for the EOE twist as I would love to see Chris get back into the game.  I can't believe I wrote that as I have always been against people getting back (Jeff, if fire represents your life in the game and you torch the fire, that should be the end of the story!), but now I'm the hypocrite in that I want him to come back and dominate the game while getting rid of his former tribe mates.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I agree this is so far a very boring season.  I don't care enough (yet) to learn most of the names.  Of course we still don't see much of the tribe that keeps winning, so it's hard to learn any of their names.  (There's a Julie and a Julia?)  While the concept of the bootees forming a new tribe or being reinserted into the game some other way will be an interesting dynamic, I can't help but feel they were legitimately ousted from the game so they should be drinking mai tais on the beach at Ponderosa.  There should not be a second chance once your torch has been snuffed.

During the reward challenge I wonder whose idea it was for Joe to not use the slingshot.  Did he deliberately step back to let someone else shine?  (Because I'm pretty sure they would have won had he been slinging the shot.)  Kind of risky for him to suddenly want to be UTR.  Sure, he has a big ol' bull's eye on his back, but as long as he can keep proving his value, as well as keeping his tribe in the W category, he'll be safe.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Joe was ineligible for the slingshot portion of the challenge because he competed in the first part of it.  I got the impression that the group that assembled the slingshot had to do the shooting as well.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

So, I don't understand why David and Rick didn't vote out Kelley.  Even though Chris did tell Wardog about the plan, they still had 4 votes to 3 and could have taken out Kelley and saved Chris as part of their alliance.  I get that Chris was not smart to say something to Wardog, but they still had the numbers to get Kelley out. 

The problem is you can't trust Chris to keep his mouth shut. And when you vote out Kelly, you lose Dan and Lauren because you just broke their trust. So now you are aligned with the tribe outcast who is intentionally annoying people and a strong guy who is not willing to listen to advice and keep his mouth shut. That is not the greatest alliance for going far in the game.

Dan and Lauren are proving to be loyal and do well in the challenges.

If there is a tribe swap, would you rather have Dan and Lauren in your tribe, who you think are going to stay strong to their alliance, or Chris who doesn't 1) see the obvious and 2) does not listen to you when you say "Don't tell Dan because he will tell Kelly"

Kelly, Dan and Lauren might not be the best for the long run but they are more likely to reliably work with David and Ron at a swap then Chris is. And, for David at least, Kelly is proving to be a nice meat shield. Some how or another it has not gotten back to Kelly that David and Ron have been working to take her out. Wendy, for all of her issues, has yet to sell out her alliance.

2 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Joe was ineligible for the slingshot portion of the challenge because he competed in the first part of it.  I got the impression that the group that assembled the slingshot had to do the shooting as well.  

Yup. So the tribe decided that they needed Joe for the wheel barrow and not the slingshot. They had a decent number of folks help with the ring toss last week so why not think that they could handle the slingshot. And if you are going to lose a challenge, may as well risk it on the reward challenge.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

OH, the annual rooster vs hens eggs vs meat discussion. How I have missed you so. And I choose one post at random, not meant as a slight. Unless Papertree feels slighted that I didn't think that this one post was amazing. In that case it was not a random choice and the post was amazing. I just so love the rooster/hen discussion we get to have every year.

OK, so Wendy. Wendy is working too hard to be a character. She is not Philip annoying or the fighter pilot/gymnast/spy/done every job in the world Debbie annoying but Wendy is working at being a character. I strongly dislike characters. Still not at Coach or Russell levels of "get her off the show" annoying but edging closer.

So here is how I see Wendy. I think she is someone who has always been different, probably because of the terets (sp) and she has embraced that because, well, why not? She likes being quirky and I suspect that she is used to being the outsider. So she is at the bottom of the tribe and she knows it. She is enjoying poking at the people running the tribe because, well, she can. I suspect that the chicken BS is simply because it is causing so much heart burn for Lauren and Dan.

And here is the thing, the majority of the tribe was willing to write off Reem, Wendy and Keith on day one for a variety of reasons. They came up with the stereotypical tropes and decided to stick with them. They literally pointed at Reem and Wendy helping Keith work on his swimming, something to help the tribe in competitions, and said that was some how bad. So why shouldn't Wendy fuck with them? And maybe have some fun fucking with them. I mean, Dan was annoyed that she did not accept his decision that Reem should go home on day 3 and had the audacity to suggest voting for Kelly and then say that she wasn't going to vote for Reem.

They were able to get a fire going and I don't think that Wendy would have allowed people to freeze and not returned the flint. She is clearly focused on the chickens as being something to stand up for. I am guessing it is a combination of past "loved characters" have been all about caring for the chickens and not eating the chickens and a more "oh my god that is were chicken comes from" real life wake up call. I think it is a bit ridiculous but I suspect part of this is a passive aggressive way of telling her tribe to fuck off. They wrote her off for no real reason so why should she care about them.

And she is pissing off Dan and Lauren and I am fine with pissing the two of them off. Especially annoying Dan. Dan can be annoyed all day.

And then there is Chris being an idiot. Did he some how or another talk with the Doctor from last season who was seen as a threat when she wasn't but who people would try and pull into their plans and then she would blow them up by telling Mike when she was specifically told not to tell Mike? Because Chris was told not to tell Dan what their plans were and Chris was an idiot. Not only did he tell Dan the plan but Chris managed to make himself into the target instead of Wendy.

For the record, I don't like Dan. I think he is an arrogant ass and so want to see him gone. The sooner the better.

On the Karma tribe, Woman in a Hat is an idiot. Ozzy Jr is behind you gathering food in his brightly colored undies and you are holding a conversation about voting him out with the bogus University dude. Somehow, neither Hat Woman or University Fraud dude see wanna be Ozzy? How blind are you?

Aubrey found an idol. Yeah. Not really but she does need the idol because her game play has not been great. Granted, her tribe has made it clear that they want the vets out and have iced out Joe and Aubrey but Aubrey did not help herself by saying the exact same thing to every member of that tribe.

I want Reem to win because this season is 1) boring 2) filled with bad players 3) filled with blind players 4) filled with players who annoy me. If it can't be Reem, I'll take the TV anchor who is at least trying to do something behind the scenes and is at least playing well enough to not give away his position to Dan while selling out Chris.

ETA: So we got through the first three votes and the ala cart advantage did not get used. Wanna be University should have taken the chickens using his advantages. That would have been fun to watch "Sucky Tribe wins! And loses its reward because that is what happens to sucky tribe."

I agree that Wendy is trying too hard to be a character.

I get the dislike for The Warthog, but I think Lauren has probably been the best member of Ginobili.   She has done well in challenges, has kept the target off her back and found and idol and didn't blab about it.  I think she has a decent shot at Sole Survivor.  

Victoria (Hat Girl) made a blunder in not realizing Joe was there, but I still like her.  

Meh on Reem.  I like her a little more than I did in her TC.  But, she got voted out first, in a season of bad players, by a tribe packed with bad players.  And it was because she made the most bad player moves, before the first TC than any of the other bad players.

I was annoyed at Chris for going back to The Warthog with the Wentworth plan, and he definitely screwed himself with that move.  But, I can understand him not wanting to blindside who he thought was his closest ally (Warthog) by blindsiding an ally without telling him.  You could argue that The Warthog should have appreciated the loyalty rather than turning on him.  Still, in hindsight, he definitely should have apologized rather than asking permission.   

Chandler (Ron) not using the reward steal was interesting.  He might not have wanted to look shady to his tribe members by having them know that he went out looking for an advantage, found one and didn't tell anybody.  If it were exposed that he also had vote steal and immunity idol options on the menu, it would look even worse for him.

Gratitude is probably the most overrated factor in Survivor.  Nobody will keep you around because you won them a reward, or caught them a lot of fish, especially if they see you as an idol chasing, secretive threat.  

• Love 2

This isn't a new rule, but we may have new posters and "old" posters who have "forgotten" the rule, so I am restating it here:

There is NO preview talk in the episode threads.  While not hard-core spoilers, previews contain information for the next episode that many of our posters avoid purposely.  To then accidentally read about the preview in the episode thread ruins the experience for them.  

We have a separate thread for Previews and (non-spoiler) Speculation.   Please take all preview talk there.  All posts that even allude to the preview will be removed. 

PTV is a great site where the posters (mostly) respect each other.  Let's please keep it that way. 

Thanks and happy posting!!

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Wardog, it's "Lost her marbles" or "Off her rocker".  But his "Lost Her Rocker" comment did give me one of the best laughs of the night and it probably fits Wendy better. 

I loved lost her rocker too.  I love when people mix metaphors.  That was awesome.

I actually got emotional over Aubry's Team winning the immunity challenge, and I don't even know anyone on that tribe, except Joe.  Best editors on television.

I'm on an island of one who thinks that Wendy is just being herself, not "trying hard" to "be a personality".  And I honestly have no problem with it.  I want the different personalities on this show.  I love Keith pleading to God, Wardog making mixed metaphors, Reem being weird, it's all gold to me.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

Can you blame her?  Her tribe has lost every challenge, she's gotten votes at every TC, and she is held up by everyone as the big looming threat of the game while David (just as good if even a better player) slides along totally under the radar.

Everyone on the tribe has experienced the same losing. She's still there. She should expect votes after already having multiple chances to play the game and facing newbies who haven't. If David isn't getting votes, he just might be playing a better social game than she is, and she should figure out how and why then adjust accordingly. In other words, her pissy mood is lame and she should suck it up. This obviously isn't helping her. 

• Love 14
(edited)

David and Ron Burgundy are playing a brilliant game.  Lauren is no slouch either.

Wendy is an idiot and trying way too hard to make her mark.  People who ignore the horrors of factory farming because the chicken they buy is "already dead" but cringe at eating what is likely a traditionally farm-raised animal are hypocritical morons.  I've been a vegetarian for more than 20 years, but if I was on Survivor, I'd eat the chicken (or really anything I could stomach).

I hope Chris, with a new fire in his belly, turns EOE into a beautiful camp, whips Reem and Keith into shape, and comes back like the Ghost of Marley to shock the people who voted him out and eventually win it all. (That's a mixed, or really failed, metaphor for those of you keeping tabs).

Edited by Special K
Hi name is not Kevin, thanks Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I think that Wendy wants to become a beloved Survivor along the lines of Tai, so she is going the chicken route.  However, what she missed is that Tai did not release the chickens for escape, he cared for them while they were alive to make them as happy and comfortable as possible.  When Wendy talks about freeing the chickens, I don't think her intent is to let them roam around camp, but rather to go into the jungle to be "free."  And, I cannot tell you how much this perspective bothers me.  These chickens were not raised in the jungle, they are from a farm.  They will have no idea how to really survive in the jungle and will, indeed, die more horrific and painful deaths than a quick machete to the neck.  It's like people who abandon their dogs and cats into the woods thinking that because they're animals they'll know how to survive.  No-in my mind it's abuse and Wendy is willing to have the chickens suffer in the wild so that she can create a character for herself that she hopes will endear her to the audience and probably get social media followers for her.  I liked her prior to this episode, but her desire for some fame while ignoring the very real perils of releasing the chickens just bothers me (plus her dismissal of the chickens she ate at home by saying that they were basically dead anyway...).

Great point.  If Rick went along with Wendy's plot to "free" the chickens they would have suffered and died horribly in the jungle.   Freeing the chickens into the jungle would be like saving fish from drowning.  

Besides caring for Mark the chicken, Tai was also a vegetarian IRL, so he had more of a moral ground to stand on.  Also, I don't think he forced the tribe to keep Mark alive, he convinced them to let him live.  Huge difference.   

Wendy disgusts me. 

• Love 8

The Joe and Victoria thing was funny, but what I thought was funnier was Joe and Audrey complaining that they couldn't "get a read" on the others plans.  You got a read, Joe!  They want you out.  And you're upset that they won't tell you all their plans in detail for getting you out?  Gee, what a surprise.  And then Aubrey "now we know their true colors."  You always knew their true colors.  Their true colors are to try to win a million dollars, same as you.  But they are likely going to cry less about it.  Just a guess.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I agree that I don't know any of the people on the yellow tribe besides Aubrey and Joe because we hardly see them.  I know the others only by physical characteristics... the other guys are Kid with Fox face, Mid 30s Buff guy, and Gay cheerleader and the women are African-American girl, blind Red haired girl, Generic brunette woman, and blonde woman that resembles an actress that I can't quite place.  I think maybe Amanda Seyfried or a young Virginia Madsen?

I don't mind the Edge of Extinction returning player twist.  Way back in the day I remember I hated the idea of Lill coming back into the game and making the finals, but I think it was more because I just hated Lill and her boy scout uniform.  But I don't really mind the redemption chances.  It's only one player and I think the game has evolved a lot since the days of Lill so it's interesting to see if the returnee has learned anything.

Wendy has already admitted that she is a hypocrite so I don't think it really matters if she eats fish or not.  She justified eating chicken at home by saying "but the ones at the grocery store are already dead".  Yeah, but at some point they were alive.  It seems maybe she is just opposed to the physical act of seeing the chickens killed?  I'm betting she doesn't have the same qualms about fish because she doesn't really see fish as animals with thoughts and feelings... people don't pet them and they don't make clucking noises, they are just there.  I have come across a few pescatarians who don't see any conflict between their mantra to "respect life" and not eat animals but then have no problems eating fish because they say that "fish are different".

1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

Wendy is irritating but I don't think she's being passive aggressive on purpose... I think she is just stubborn and doesn't understand the target she is painting on her back.  I think she does want to be known as "the girl that took a stand against the chicken killers" and the fact that she dyes her hair green indicates to me that she does want people to recognise her "quirkiness" and "differentness".  But I don't think taking the flint is being passive aggressive.  Taking the flint is just being an aggressive dick move.  I'm sure she would just blame Chris for misplacing it, especially when it magically turns up again next episode.

I can't really blame Chris for telling The Warthog about the vote because in his mind, Warthog was his closest ally.  He allied with Keith but then the tribe determined to send Keith home.  So his only other ally at that point was Warthog.  I guess he just read the room wrong... he had seemingly no issues not telling his ally Keith that the tribe decided to send him home, but didn't want to blindside Warthog.  I think Warthog made a stupid move because I think he, Chris, David and Jared Fogle would have been a better alliance for him than Kelley and Lauren.

I didn't care for Aubrey in her first appearance.  Liked her a lot the second time.  Thought I would really like her here and I did, until last night.  Really, sobbing about finding an idol?  Telling the camera that she has never found an idol and she wants "the whole Survivor experience"?  Considering there are plenty of people who have applied to Survivor and haven't gotten to be on the show to experience it once, let alone THREE times... whatever.  Go suck an egg Aubrey.  She acted like she had found the cure for cancer.  There are more important things in life besides finding a Survivor idol.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I agree that I don't know any of the people on the yellow tribe besides Aubrey and Joe because we hardly see them.  I know the others only by physical characteristics... the other guys are Kid with Fox face, Mid 30s Buff guy, and Gay cheerleader and the women are African-American girl, blind Red haired girl, Generic brunette woman, and blonde woman that resembles an actress that I can't quite place.  I think maybe Amanda Seyfried or a young Virginia Madsen?

I don't mind the Edge of Extinction returning player twist.  Way back in the day I remember I hated the idea of Lill coming back into the game and making the finals, but I think it was more because I just hated Lill and her boy scout uniform.  But I don't really mind the redemption chances.  It's only one player and I think the game has evolved a lot since the days of Lill so it's interesting to see if the returnee has learned anything.

Wendy has already admitted that she is a hypocrite so I don't think it really matters if she eats fish or not.  She justified eating chicken at home by saying "but the ones at the grocery store are already dead".  Yeah, but at some point they were alive.  It seems maybe she is just opposed to the physical act of seeing the chickens killed?  I'm betting she doesn't have the same qualms about fish because she doesn't really see fish as animals with thoughts and feelings... people don't pet them and they don't make clucking noises, they are just there.  I have come across a few pescatarians who don't see any conflict between their mantra to "respect life" and not eat animals but then have no problems eating fish because they say that "fish are different".

Wendy is irritating but I don't think she's being passive aggressive on purpose... I think she is just stubborn and doesn't understand the target she is painting on her back.  I think she does want to be known as "the girl that took a stand against the chicken killers" and the fact that she dyes her hair green indicates to me that she does want people to recognise her "quirkiness" and "differentness".  But I don't think taking the flint is being passive aggressive.  Taking the flint is just being an aggressive dick move.  I'm sure she would just blame Chris for misplacing it, especially when it magically turns up again next episode.

I can't really blame Chris for telling The Warthog about the vote because in his mind, Warthog was his closest ally.  He allied with Keith but then the tribe determined to send Keith home.  So his only other ally at that point was Warthog.  I guess he just read the room wrong... he had seemingly no issues not telling his ally Keith that the tribe decided to send him home, but didn't want to blindside Warthog.  I think Warthog made a stupid move because I think he, Chris, David and Jared Fogle would have been a better alliance for him than Kelley and Lauren.

I didn't care for Aubrey in her first appearance.  Liked her a lot the second time.  Thought I would really like her here and I did, until last night.  Really, sobbing about finding an idol?  Telling the camera that she has never found an idol and she wants "the whole Survivor experience"?  Considering there are plenty of people who have applied to Survivor and haven't gotten to be on the show to experience it once, let alone THREE times... whatever.  Go suck an egg Aubrey.  She acted like she had found the cure for cancer.  There are more important things in life besides finding a Survivor idol.

I agree about Wendy.  She desperately wants to stand out by being quirky.  

I also agree that it made sense for Chris to talk to Warthog, though it turned out terribly.  David was right in his warning.  But, are you really supposed to believe the guy who is trying to win you over or the guy you believe to be your closest ally?

Aubrey talking about finding and idol being a part of the "Survivor experience" she needed to tick off  ( I think she even said it was the one thing she hadn't done) made me want to barf.  How about WINNING?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think she is intentionally pushing buttons. I think she figured she was going to be voted out next any way so why not bitch about the chicken and take the flint. She did blame Chris, she flat out told Dave that the last person with the flint was Chris and that he probably lost it up in that area. I think she is enjoying stirring up shit because she is not in a good place and why not? I almost see her as a Kass like character except that she is being annoying and not aggressively attacking people. She is clearly pushing Dan's buttons.

I am kind of impressed that Rick (I thought his name was Ron, whoops) has yet to out her chicken plots. He knows that she took the flint and is screwing with the chickens. He has an impressive poker face and I want to see him go far in the game if only because he seems to understand the importance of keeping information to himself.  If Wendy makes it to the Jury and Rick makes it to the Finals, she will know that he did not out her for the flint and other chicken related stupidness. That could help him get a vote.

I blame Chris for his actions. He was flat out told that Dan would tell Kelly about the plan. David even laid out why Dan would tell Kelly and how it would flip the vote. David gave point by point examples but Chris ignored that advice. David saw Dan try and flip the Reem vote to Wendy because Wendy didn't agree to vote for Reem out of loyalty. David and Rick were smart to vote with Dan and Kelly because the early game is not the time to completely  dick over your tribe. Once Dan knew about the vote and worked to flip it, the vote went from simply blindsiding Kelly to voting out Kelly and told Dan and Lauren that their promise to vote with them was bogus. It is kind of a double betrayal as opposed to a simple blindside.

I suspect that Dan is one of those guys who thinks that only the physically strong should survive and only those who are 100% loyal to him should survive. He is a lesser Ben (Coach). All that is missing is the stupid story telling. Chris had to go because Chris wasn't following orders. Just like Dan wanted Wendy gone because she wouldn't vote for Reem.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Aubrey talking about finding and idol being a part of the "Survivor experience" she needed to tick off  ( I think she even said it was the one thing she hadn't done) made me want to barf.  How about WINNING?  

Well, she did say that was the other thing she needed to check off. I am sure she sees the Hidden Idol as one more step in that direction. She knows that she needs to because her tribe mates are not welcoming her or Joe. She knows that individual immunity is not up for grabs and she is a target at the first tribal for her tribe. Joe is probably the better person to keep for challenges and the work around camp, so the Hidden Idol will help Aubrey at her first tribal.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, EllenB said:

Isn't there something along the lines of "Eat chicken today, starve tomorrow.  Go hungry today, eat eggs the rest of your time here you effing morons"? 

11 hours ago, PaperTree said:

The rooster isn't laying any eggs....

7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

As roosters are male, they don't produce any eggs.  Definitely eat him first.

But I wouldn't even worry about long term egg production.  There are usually tribal swaps and merges and whatever and what's yours today might be someone else's tomorrow, so eat up while you can.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Well, she did say that was the other thing she needed to check off. I am sure she sees the Hidden Idol as one more step in that direction. She knows that she needs to because her tribe mates are not welcoming her or Joe. She knows that individual immunity is not up for grabs and she is a target at the first tribal for her tribe. Joe is probably the better person to keep for challenges and the work around camp, so the Hidden Idol will help Aubrey at her first tribal.

She definitely needed the idol, and I give her a lot of credit for going out and finding it.  But, it seemed like she was feeding the camera stupid cliches, the same way she was telling different tribe members, "you're just like me, let's dialogue!"   

I didn't even mind the tears.  What bothered me was more her acting like finding an idol was an end, rather than a means to an end.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Not to defend people's hypocrisy or lack of rigor in their eating decisions, but conventional wisdom for many years (including among scientists) was that fish did not have the same kind of nervous system and brain as other vertebrates and therefore don't feel pain the same way.  I know, how can we tell?  But this is the historical basis of people calling themselves vegetarians but also allowing themselves to eat fish.  I think scientists still don't know (but would be happy for others to disabuse me). 

Anyway, not all vegetarians are motivated by animal welfare.  Many do it for health reasons (lowering saturated fats), like Bill Clinton after his heart problems becoming vegan.  As a vegetarian for many years, I have learned never to talk about why I'm a vegetarian to other people - even people who seem interested inevitably become defensive like my decisions are de facto criticisms of them.  I don't expect them to justify to me what/when they eat.  If asked, I just say, "I've been doing it a long time, and it's what works for me."

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

As roosters are male, they don't produce any eggs.  Definitely eat him first.

But I wouldn't even worry about long term egg production.  There are usually tribal swaps and merges and whatever and what's yours today might be someone else's tomorrow, so eat up while you can.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4