Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

It probably came down to make a bunch of money and sell or pay Matt a bunch of money to get him to leave.  Amy tends to take the easier road so I'm not super surprised she took the money and left. Plus she has stated that it would be really expensive to upkeep that farm by herself. Matt likely manages all the farm help.   It makes me super sad for her though. That land was gorgeous. 

• Love 1

I could see Amy wanting a low key affair, given it's her second time. But it's sounded like Chris has a lot of family, & since this is his first maybe they have a plan for something more. Too bad there's no more farm option for her, but she is living a new life now.

25 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I could see Amy wanting a low key affair, given it's her second time. But it's sounded like Chris has a lot of family, & since this is his first maybe they have a plan for something more. Too bad there's no more farm option for her, but she is living a new life now.

I bet Matt would rent her the barn for her wedding.  LOL.

• LOL 3

If I were Amy I wouldn't want to get married on the farm, where my ex husband lives.  Please Amy don't march down the aisle a white dress.  You are 55 years old and have 4 children and 4 grandchildren.  Also, this is your second marriage. 

• Love 6

I know a white dress is not some purity symbol but I agree it doesn't seem right for a second wedding, particularly of someone her age (even if it is his first marriage). A nice champagne color dress would work well if she wanted to stay in that range though.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I know a white dress is not some purity symbol but I agree it doesn't seem right for a second wedding, particularly of someone her age (even if it is his first marriage). A nice champagne color dress would work well if she wanted to stay in that range though.

Yes, if she wants a big wedding, she should have it, just do it like a young girl who was never married.

But it's Chris' first wedding. so Maybe he wants to see his bride in a white dress? I don't think she'd do anything fancy, because that just isn't her style. But I could picture her in a cute white sundress or something simple with a shorter skirt. 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The lazy kids you raised aren't helping?  Imagine that.

Most well organized people hire movers but Amy is so disorganized it's taking her a month to move her junk piece by piece and box and hanger one by one.

Disorganization like that would make a preacher lose his religion.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The lazy kids you raised aren't helping?  Imagine that.

Most well organized people hire movers but Amy is so disorganized it's taking her a month to move her junk piece by piece and box and hanger one by one.

Disorganization like that would make a preacher lose his religion.

Amy’s definitely disorganized, but as an organized person, myself, I can say that I’ve never hired movers and don’t see the connection between being organized and hiring movers.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Amy’s definitely disorganized, but as an organized person, myself, I can say that I’ve never hired movers and don’t see the connection between being organized and hiring movers.  

The last two times we've moved (downsizing), we did everything ourselves except the furniture.

The secret to an easy move (if you're not moving a long distance) and aren't trying to do it all in one day?  TOTE BAGS.  Seriously, we have cruised a lot, and every time we board a cruise ship, Princess gives us a tote bag.  I have a "tote bag tote bag" in my closet, full of . . . tote bags!

A typical moving process:  Take a couple of tote bags into the kitchen.  Load up the pantry or dishes or utensils.  When the bag is full, take it out to the car.  Go back in and load up some more kitchen stuff.  When the car is full (or when you run out of tote bags), drive to the new place.  Take ONE tote bag of stuff out of the car.  Take it into the new kitchen and PUT AWAY ALL THE STUFF FROM THAT BAG.  Then go get another bag.  Rinse, repeat until the car is empty and so are all the tote bags.  Then take the empty tote bags back to the old place and fill them with stuff from another room.

Honestly, by the time the movers come for the furniture, we're already comfortably set up in the new place, and we're not exhausted because we haven't tried to pack a lot of stuff into boxes we can't (or shouldn't) lift.

It's also easier to weed out stuff if everything you pack up at the old house has to earn its way to the new house.

Yep, organized!!!

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

It’s through and through, you cretin, not true and true. 

I agree but I'll take the true and true as long as she keeps her yap shut and I don't have to look at her yellow teeth.  🤮

Amy always has the phone 6 inches from her wide open mouth.

Jeez girl.. back up.. she looks fine when she takes a pic the normal distance with a normal smile but she has this habit of super CLOSE-UP mouth wide open pics that are horrendous.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Amy has short arms as an aspect of her dwarfism.  Selfies are always going to he close-ups. 

I've seen her take selfies where the cam is normal distance so no it isn't because of "dwarf arms"   🙄

She just has a bad habit of taking pictures 5 inches away with her mouth wide open, what next..she has "dwarf mouth" and can't close it?

Lots of people take awful selfies and she's one of them, has nothing to do with her dwarfism.

• Love 5
On 2/14/2020 at 6:08 PM, PradaKitty said:

So... are you saying Amy should get veneers?

No... I'm saying what I said... It's pretty simple 

If you want to branch off into veneers that's your business 

Edited by Joan of Argh
Link
  • Love 1

I'm happy for Amy that she finally gets to do a lot of adventurous stuff that she's probably wanted to do for years but thought would never happen because of Matt's handicap and he's miserable if anyone does something without him. 

• Love 7

So much crap she hasn't used in years.  Drip by drip!  This all reminds me of the Amy of yester year!  No sheets on the bed and messes everywhere!

I tend to be very organized and seeing all that 'stuff' and clutter would drive me nuts!

I remember when hubby and I moved into our new home years ago.  He went to work, mom took the two kids, I directed movers.  Each box had its destination written on it!  Linen closet, bathroom!

Hubby finished work, picked up the kids and I had dinner ready in the crockpot!  Beds were made and boxes emptied!

Yes I had taken some things over a couple of days before the move but darn Amy's been moving for month's now!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 9

Oh my Lord! That crap would have driven me crazy years ago. Out with it! Useless stuff to Amy now. That should have been donated a long time ago. I hope Chris is 'ok' with a disorganized household. I doubt that Amy will suddenly change once they settle in to life together. Perhaps Chris is disorganized too? Does anyone know how he is?

• Love 5

There was an episode where Matt tried to have organizers go down into the basement to tidy things up.  I may be mistaken, but I suspect that all of those nice matching plastic containers (the best part of these pictures) were from them.  Amy pretty much threw the organizers out of the house and tore into Matt for hiring them.

Yes, he should have gotten her to agree to it first, but sometimes a person can only live in a mess for so long before they do something about it.

• Love 8

It looks to me like Amy got stuck with having to clean six people’s stuff, collected over 25-30 year, out of the basement by herself.  It was probably the same in the rest of the house too.  Not something I envy her for.  Wonder why no one offered to help her or come get their stuff?  

I’m sad that Amy is having to leave her life behind on her beloved farm, but I’m glad that at least she will be going to a house that she will not have any problems keeping clean and organized.  For one thing, I haven’t seen her house disorganized since Matt and the kids left.  Also, with just her and Chris living there, she won’t have as many people to clean up after.

Lastly, I share Amy’s love of books and reading (especially to her kids and grand kids), and I admire her assertion that libraries are a necessary community resource.  I can see her making some donations there.

I wonder what Matt and the side piece plan on doing with the house once they have done their victory lap after muscling Amy out.  All the money in the world (the buy out) can not make you feel better when you have lost such a big part of your life and now have to have further separation from your children, grand children, etc.  One just really has to hope in karma, even if you never see it work!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

There was an episode where Matt tried to have organizers go down into the basement to tidy things up.  I may be mistaken, but I suspect that all of those nice matching plastic containers (the best part of these pictures) were from them.  Amy pretty much threw the organizers out of the house and tore into Matt for hiring them.

Yes, he should have gotten her to agree to it first, but sometimes a person can only live in a mess for so long before they do something about it.

It was A House Divided,  Season 5, episode 6. I can’t locate it without having to pay for it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 3
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I remember when he tried to hire someone to get the house cleaned up and she threw a huge fit. She wanted NO part of it. And I'm sorry, her whole I work 3 jobs thing was BS, which is always the excuse I see when discussions about the nasty house come up. I can't remember what the 3rd job was, but one was the preschool teacher, but I don't think she was the main teacher and I don't think it was close to a full time job, and the other was like running a soccer newsletter or something along those lines. She put no effort into the house or making the kids clean, and unless I'm remembering wrong, she also pitched a fit when Matt would be saying the kids should get off their lazy asses and help. Matt was't physically able to clean it, and  let's be honest, if he was fully able bodied and could, she would have been pissy about him not doing it right anyway. 

What's her excuse now for having a basement full of crap she hasn't touched in like a decade and a half? And there's nothing stopping her from teaching again if she really wanted, other than I think she was teaching at the preschool affiliated with the private school her kids were attending and all of them have been out of school for a while now. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

Oh my Lord! That crap would have driven me crazy years ago. Out with it! Useless stuff to Amy now. That should have been donated a long time ago. I hope Chris is 'ok' with a disorganized household. I doubt that Amy will suddenly change once they settle in to life together. Perhaps Chris is disorganized too? Does anyone know how he is?

Same here...That much stuff would drive me nuts but Amy's always had stuff laying everywhere and cupboards crammed full of junk so I guess she's used to it and while I can't say that I know how Chris is..... I do know that he was pretty annoyed when they were packing up the RV and Amy kept dragging more and more stuff on-board and trying to cram it into every nook and cranny.

Her nervous chattering also upset him.... I felt uneasy watching them because the atmosphere was so awkward.... Amy chattering and Chris ignoring her. 

Some people hate clutter, maybe Chris is one of them.

• Love 9

I watched a little of Amy and her friend do their live chat on Sunday.  They talked a little about the wedding and Amy said she would probably not wear white.  The friend went on to suggest that they could have a crossover show where Randy from Say Yes to the Dress could make a custom gown for Amy.  Wouldn't that be interesting!

3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I watched a little of Amy and her friend do their live chat on Sunday.  They talked a little about the wedding and Amy said she would probably not wear white.  The friend went on to suggest that they could have a crossover show where Randy from Say Yes to the Dress could make a custom gown for Amy.  Wouldn't that be interesting!

Amy might be better off contacting Chloe Dao, who custom makes dresses for Jen Arnold of The Little Couple. However, I never got the impression Amy really cares about clothes enough to get a bespoke (I just wanted to write that word) dress.  

• Love 4
On 2/25/2020 at 3:40 PM, BradandJanet said:

Amy might be better off contacting Chloe Dao, who custom makes dresses for Jen Arnold of The Little Couple. However, I never got the impression Amy really cares about clothes enough to get a bespoke (I just wanted to write that word) dress.  

Jen Arnold is a very classy dresser.  She is meticulous in her appearance all the time.

• Love 5

Amy is probably your average American who just hoards stuff in their basement. Honestly I'm not sure how people live without one to store all their crap they dont really need!

Moving is a great time to purge all of that stuff. 

I've got two teachers in my family, they collect/keep stuff like CRAZY.

• Love 6