Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

On 7/22/2021 at 6:45 AM, ginger90 said:

Regarding the rock favors, I think favors should reflect the couple getting married.  When I got married we gave retro lunch boxes with a collectible figurine, square nails, chocolate and candy.  To be honest, we didn't really think about what attendees wanted, we thought about what represented us.  We hoped they would enjoy the food items and would remember the lunch boxes from their childhood.  And the figurines were just something to play with.

If I got the rock, I'd probably leave it on the table or drop it in a park.  I wouldn't judge too harshly.  As I mentioned, they are all over Portland.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

Regarding the rock favors, I think favors should reflect the couple getting married.  When I got married we gave retro lunch boxes with a collectible figurine, square nails, chocolate and candy.  To be honest, we didn't really think about what attendees wanted, we thought about what represented us.  We hoped they would enjoy the food items and would remember the lunch boxes from their childhood.  And the figurines were just something to play with.

If I got the rock, I'd probably leave it on the table or drop it in a park.  I wouldn't judge too harshly.  As I mentioned, they are all over Portland.

What a great idea filling retro lunch boxes with items and treats that represented you and your spouse! It's so imaginative! I can see Amy's guests all leaving the rocks in a big pile in front of her door. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just me, but the entire day is "about the couple."  I think the one thing that should be "about the guests" (chosen to suit and please them; not another narcissistic homage to the hosts themselves) is the guest gift.

Reminds me of couples who fell in love over a banana split, so the wedding dinner is an ice cream bar, mindless of family and friends who are diabetic, overweight, or looking for a substantive meal in the middle of a long day.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I'm trying to picture her using this kitchen. How does she reach the microwave and oven? Even with a stool, it could be dangerous for her taking things out of the oven. It seems like the new island could have been expanded to accommodate her better and move the range into it somehow, as well as the microwave. It looks like the island is just a lower version of what was already there.

Clearly you haven't watch any of her cooking videos.  What a treat they are.  From watching her lick her fingers (and then saying, oops, I know I'm not supposed to do that), to obliterating simple words, to getting ingredients on her hands and then dusting, or better yet, SCRAPING the ingredients off her hands BACK INTO the bowl (yummy skin cells), to taking bites that are way too big and then talking with her mouth full, to using bowls that are way too small, to winging the recipe by not measuring, to not having everything in front of her before she begins the video...you are really missing out.   Oh, I forgot over stirring.  She loves that.  Please, take 10 minutes out of your day, watch a snippet, and report back here.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Unless I'm missing something about Chris, these silly rock-wedding favors do not reflect Chris at all. They are all "Amy" and what she likes. Frankly, I'm surprised that Amy didn't even hear Chris out about what he would suggest as wedding favors. I think a wedding is about the couple, not either individual, completely. Chris is only the "stand-in" groom that Amy needs to complete HER fantasy wedding.

• Love 17
(edited)
46 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Unless I'm missing something about Chris, these silly rock-wedding favors do not reflect Chris at all. They are all "Amy" and what she likes. Frankly, I'm surprised that Amy didn't even hear Chris out about what he would suggest as wedding favors. I think a wedding is about the couple, not either individual, completely. Chris is only the "stand-in" groom that Amy needs to complete HER fantasy wedding.

this Anyone can stand next to her. it's all her shit.doesn't matter who the guy is.

Edited by stoppro
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Pictures of the rocks are over on reddit. They look good. 

I still think its a dumb idea but at least it looks nice.

10 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Pics posted today show Izzy and Ember painting rocks.  Guess she wore Lisa and Deb plumb out!  How selfish...

I mean maybe, but perhaps Izzy - artsy as I recall - just wanted to help out and do something fun with the neice? 

5 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

People will be recruited to help whether it was their idea or they are in the mood or not.

Heheh I think you're granting Amy more power than she has. I'm sure it will get done, if it isn't already, and I kinda doubt Amy will be twisting arms to get it done. When there's actual evidence of Amy coercing people or forcing them to help, I'll get on board. 

1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

"You're all invited!"  But Matt and Caryn aren't!

Glad they're breaking these Lives down into small bites we can easily swallow.

There will be repercussions from that smart aleck remark!

Watch for it!

• LOL 2

Amy could have just went with these, they’re affordable and just as important to the #StoryofAmyRandChrisM.  Dare I say MORE important than a rock 🪨!!

il_794xN.3020290766_rds5.jpg

il_fullxfull.2642279249_5bgs.jpg

I guess Chris ended up washing the rocks LOL, wonder if he asked Matt to help him LOL.  It was nice of Izzy to help paint them.  I wonder if Deb and Lisa got tired or we will be treated to another video of them painting. Maybe they can finish them on the post wedding shower trip.  I wonder if Tori and Audrey got a chance to help out.  

• LOL 11

Re the kitchen remodel: They kept the cabinets and appliances. The oven is a double oven, so the lower one is accessible. The microwave looks impossible without a step ladder. I did a similar semi-remodel with my kitchen but decided to upgrade the appliances and continue to live with the floor. 

Amy uses a stool with the island, and the island counter is still too high. She can't see into the bowls of stuff she's stirring, so the ingredients don't always get mixed well. She has trouble handling the stand mixer too.  The stove is a huge problem, I think, and having Felix underfoot is inviting trouble.  

Given how haphazard these cooking videos seem, I'm surprised there hasn't been an accident. Maybe there has, but the video didn't make it to Youtube. 

As for the rocks, who wouldn't want a rock painted by one of the Roloff celebrities--a collectible for the ages. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
Just now, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, she did cook meals for a family of six plus various friends in a normal sized kitchen long before the kitchen was remodeled without massive accidents...

she was younger then. so was i lol

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

Those rocks😂  Looks like Ember was there helping, that makes complete sense since it is a perfect child’s activity.  

I paused the video a couple times and from what I could see Izzy’s blue rock with heart and daisies looked a lot better than any of the others on the table…. I can see why they chose to use hers… the others were blech!

and really I’ve seen Embers art from a few weeks ago… it was blobs with streaks and she said it was a picture of herself with Bode and mommy… she’s too young to do any real rock painting… hopefully they’re just letting her play paint and won’t use her rocks as favours.

• Love 3

Izzy is an artist, so the ones she did will probably be the best ones.  I would have no use for even the nicest one, would dump it or leave it there if I were a wedding guest.  Thankfully I am not invited either.😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

Izzy is an artist, so the ones she did will probably be the best ones.  I would have no use for even the nicest one, would dump it or leave it there if I were a wedding guest.  Thankfully I am not invited either.😂

Looks like Amy's in charge of applying the base paint while Izzy's doing the (very labor-intensive) actual decorating.  I could do about two of those, and I'd be done.

• Love 5

The rock painting activity looks more like a 5th grade art project. 

Since wedding planning is so stressful for Amy, having to paint 150 rocks by 8/28 is an unnecessary stressor and a waste of time that could be used for more productive things.

• Love 11
(edited)
49 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Who is Izzy?  Will she have the time to decorate over 100 rocks? I hope Amy is paying her for this work.

Daughter-in-law, married to Jacob and pregnant with their first child.  Unemployed, fortunately for Amy.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 4
Just now, zenme said:

Yeah yeah we get it. We know what that all entails. 

She’s hilarious… It sounds like a pet dog ”take rides”

what is it with this gang and the need to post these long winded public love letters?

does anyone follow Chris? Does he ever do this?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Is she for real?  She is almost 60 years old and she is writing a bunch of teenage shit.  “Hold hands, kiss and hug”. 🤮  #fulloflove should be #fullofshit.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Chris had better come up with something mushy for his personal vows, or there will be hell to pay.  

#loveyouandi?

I stopped watching LPBW probably about 4-5 years ago but follow this site sometimes for laughs.    ANYWAY, I'm sure Amy will be writing his vows, dontcha think ?? :) :) :)

Oh, and a couple of days ago I watched the very first episode and wow, has the content/purpose of the show changed, huh ??  It started to really change by the time I stopped watching it.  It was no longer about how (per intro) they can do what others can do but just in a different way.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Daughter-in-law, married to Jacob and pregnant with their first child.  Unemployed, fortunately for Amy.

Unemployed unfortunately for her. Silly girl should have said I’m sick and go hide from Amy.

Free labor is not my forte. 

Jeez I’m mean today 😂🤷‍♀️🤔

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

A parody 

Hi it’s Chris M and in 28 days I will be marrying my fetish oops I mean Amy R. She is my best friend, partner and the best lover I ever had. Her cooking gives me diarrhea and food poisoning but her enthusiasm is making it worth every trip down the aisle to the crapper. 

In 28 days I will be Mr Amy and will be stuck with her for life. I’m blinking twice in case someone, anyone, my ex stripper girlfriends can save me. 

• LOL 14
18 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

"You're all invited!"  But Matt and Caryn aren't!

Glad they're breaking these Lives down into small bites we can easily swallow.

What the heck is Amy stuffing in her mouth while talking? I'm guessing it's cherries because she puts it in her mouth, spits something out and keeps on chewing.

She is so gross. Why not eat BEFORE you do a "live video?"

She is only one step above the Slayton Sisters. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

What the heck is Amy stuffing in her mouth while talking? I'm guessing it's cherries because she puts it in her mouth, spits something out and keeps on chewing.

She is so gross. Why not eat BEFORE you do a "live video?"

She is only one step above the Slayton Sisters. 

She is the PITS!

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, TammyInNH said:

I stopped watching LPBW probably about 4-5 years ago but follow this site sometimes for laughs.    ANYWAY, I'm sure Amy will be writing his vows, dontcha think ?? :) :) :)

Good point.  She said there were "personal words" written in her Valentine's Day card.  She didn't say whose words they were or who wrote them down.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

A parody 

Hi it’s Chris M and in 28 days I will be marrying my fetish oops I mean Amy R. She is my best friend, partner and the best lover I ever had. Her cooking gives me diarrhea and food poisoning but her enthusiasm is making it worth every trip down the aisle to the crapper. 

In 28 days I will be Mr Amy and will be stuck with her for life. I’m blinking twice in case someone, anyone, my ex stripper girlfriends can save me. 

perfect! and heartfelt.Only script changes can save me.

• LOL 3

I don’t think Jacob and Izzy have ever worked! Along with Zack and Tori. 

Jeremy writes books with what’s her name who meets with her team!

Say what you will but Matt really set that whole family up financially. 

I’d love to know the amount each of them walked away with!

I bet they have thanked him over and over again!  Lol

• Love 8

Amy has a classic cheesecake recipe on "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen".  Every time she took a break, she came back and let everyone know the name of the website.  She did this three times. 🙄  She also made a 'rubar' and strawberry sauce to spoon over the cheesecake.

• LOL 3
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m  under the impression Jacob is employed. I probably read it here. Anyone?

WellI tried to find out for you but all I found is the two of them still playing around. 

July 16 Izzy asking for prayers no explanation. Might get kicked out of their apartment due to barking dog. Jacob interested in weed and the workers who grow it….on and on 

Honestly I don’t think anybody works but I am wondering if marijuana is legal in Oregon will Jacob grow some on the farm???

• Useful 1