Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

This season Amy has focused on her wedding plans, but she used to be very focused on adventure.  She used that word a lot. I used to marvel that a woman her age was so hell bent on adventures.  She’s gone on hot air balloon rides, snorkeling, zip lining, motorcycling,  sky diving, etc.  She lives for adventure!

• Love 1
(edited)

I always thought her love of adventure when with Matt was sort of an FU to him, showing off doing things he couldn't do, then I noticed Chris said he really enjoyed having someone to do these things with for a change, so maybe she did them to please (snag) him.  And for SM.  And maybe still as an FU to Matt.  I notice she said she'd TRY to go on his bike rides with him this year but, you know, she'll be so busy with wedding planning and all!

I never thought she looked very physically comfortable on the back of that hog.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

The adventuring is the only thing I can see them having in common.

I think we’ve all known people (usually coworkers) where we think, “how does their spouse put up with them?” and I’m sure (I know) it’s been said about my marriage. I’m just chalking it up to something like this. A mystery that will never be explained. 
I still predict a short marriage though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This season Amy has focused on her wedding plans, but she used to be very focused on adventure.  She used that word a lot. I used to marvel that a woman her age was so hell bent on adventures.  She’s gone on hot air balloon rides, snorkeling, zip lining, motorcycling,  sky diving, etc.  She lives for adventure!

My guess is, Amy is going to be a dud with a "stud" who (Amy) will not be interested in "adventure" with once she's sealed the deal.

It will be all about Miss Bulldozer and "bait and switch."  Don't say nobody warned you Chris. He's going to be back at the strip clubs in a Portland minute.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

All of this was part of the show wasn't it, I don't think she had a choice.  TLC had to have them doing things and going on "adventures". Can't continually watch the kids destroy the home while her and Matt argue over it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I agree a lot is contrived by production, but Amy was big on a adventure before Chris.  Recall the hot air balloon with Molly or opening up that pop up cafe?     There are other times as well that she talked about adventures.   I wonder how many times she’s said that on the show......I guess it’s a good thing.  Maybe, I need to incorporate it into my vocabulary a little more.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree a lot is contrived by production, but Amy was big on a adventure before Chris.  Recall the hot air balloon with Molly or opening up that pop up cafe?     There are other times as well that she talked about adventures.   I wonder how many times she’s said that on the show......I guess it’s a good thing.  Maybe, I need to incorporate it into my vocabulary a little more.  

Plus she went hang gliding, which is super fun, and tried that improv class.  Now whether that was Matt or producer driven, she seemed to end up liking it.

• Love 3

When she is making the glaze for the scones she adds too much milk, so she dumps the whole thing and starts over instead of adding more sugar.  She did this because she said she didn't want to have way more glaze than she needed.  Makes no sense, either way she threw it out🤣   Could have done without the mouth full of scone awkward smacking at the end.  Bonus pawing body slamming.

One of the comments was "This is like watching a two year old do arts and crafts"🤭

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
(edited)

The scones did look good!  Heck maybe Chris is marrying her for the cooking!

We ate out today and the food was terrible!  We didn't get to see who was cooking or what they were doing!

Maybe Amy's a step up from restaurant food!

Bingo!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Maybe Chris is an even WORSE cook and, as a lifelong bachelor living far away from his parents and other family, he's been eating his own cooking for a long time now. Her home-cooking no doubt has its appeal.

Everything is relative!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

The whole demonstration was disorganized and very messy, but there was no garlic, and the pastries probably tasted pretty good. The ingredients were fresh and nice. 

12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Imo, most recipes for icing, toppings, etc. make too little.  To really cover the food, you need to double it.  Is that just me?

She had already put a cream and sugar glaze on the scones, so the icing was just a decorative drizzle. If she had frosted them, it might have been sugar overload (not that that ever stopped her). I didn't get throwing out the entire first batch of icing because it was too thin. She could have just poured out some of the liquid or thrown away any extra icing she made when adding more sugar to thicken it.  

I did laugh when she grabbed a set of measuring spoons (not cups) to scoop the chopped strawberries into a bowl, two or three little pieces at a time. It took her six minutes to chop the berries, and about another two minutes to get half she needed into the bowl. 

I saw only one instance of finger licking, and that was after the scones were plated. Bravo!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I just watched the strawberry scone video, and I think I gained a couple of pounds just watching.  All that butter plus whipping cream?  Milk would have been just fine.

She needs to learn to turn off the video when she's chopping some of the ingredients.  The strawberry chopping took at least five minutes.  Her videos would improve if she'd watch some of the professionals.

She should clip her hair back when she's cooking. 😟

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I just watched the strawberry scone video, and I think I gained a couple of pounds just watching.  All that butter plus whipping cream?  Milk would have been just fine.

She needs to learn to turn off the video when she's chopping some of the ingredients.  The strawberry chopping took at least five minutes.  Her videos would improve if she'd watch some of the professionals.

She should clip her hair back when she's cooking. 😟

Rubber utensils would be a plus. 😁

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Me me me in the front and the groom is somewhere in the back 🤣🤣🤣

At least she remembered to say "our" wedding this time.

Or should that be our "wedding"?

She sure seems to be at the farm a lot lately for someone who claimed there would never be a reason for her to step foot on it ever again!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 6
(edited)

She got Chris and the name of the jewelry store in the background. Maybe the store gave them a discount. 

I hope the countdown clock doesn't start showing hours, minutes and seconds. I can't stand the suspense. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

What is a "wedding ring setting"; she's having the little heart-shaped diamond reset in another band?  Or they're buying a set of matching wedding bands???

With her love of wine, Amy is probably a bit tipsy more often than not.  Not that there's anything wrong with that...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

What is a "wedding ring setting"; she's having the little heart-shaped diamond reset in another band?  Or they're buying a set of matching wedding bands???

With her love of wine, Amy is probably a bit tipsy more often than not.  Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I’m actually surprised she waited this long to get her wedding ring set.  Maybe she had it pick out before and is just now shilling the place.  Is this store the same place Chris got the engagement ring?  I’m wondering if the complementing band will have little hearts.  Speaking of matching bands,  I’m wondering if Chris gets a say in his wedding band or if Amy made rules for that or maybe she will pick his since he got to pick her engagement ring.

Lol. It might explain some of Amy's unfortunate cooking videos. And maybe Chris's willingness to eat pounds garlic on a plate. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Speaking of matching bands,  I’m wondering if Chris gets a say in his wedding band or if Amy made rules for that or maybe she will pick . . . 

Surely you jest.  Chris' opinion on ANYTHING doesn't seem to matter to Amy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Surely you jest.  Chris' opinion on ANYTHING doesn't seem to matter to Amy.

I thought maybe he’d throw some bottles of paprika or cloves of garlic on the jewelry counter to distract her or maybe invite Matt to go ring shopping with them LOL.

• LOL 8
3 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I thought maybe he’d throw some bottles of paprika or cloves of garlic on the jewelry counter to distract her or maybe invite Matt to go ring shopping with them LOL.

I was needing a good chuckle today.  Thanks!!!!

• LOL 2

She was the secretary for the soccer club, and was also a paid soccer coach for Jacob's team. Personally I don't think she was making very much money  but with Matt unemployed for over a year, every little bit helps. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

What were the three jobs Amy was working?  I’m guessing one was the preschool job, but what were the other two?

She was the part-time administrator for the soccer league the kids played on.  Maybe she counted dressing up in costumes for the pumpkin farm in October as a "job."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, AZChristian said:

Maybe she counted dressing up in costumes for the pumpkin farm in October as a "job."

That didn't start until long after the show made the pumpkin season successful.

2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Was Amy a soccer player?

No idea, really. At lower level sports, I'm not sure a lot of the people coaching youth soccer played as kids. You just have to know how the game is played and what the basic skills are to teach. 

Just now, ginger90 said:

A paid soccer coach of a children’s  team? Paid secretary of a soccer league? Interesting, wouldn’t happen in my neck of the woods.

Paid coaches for traveling teams are a thing.  We paid for coaches for both volleyball and soccer.  

Just now, ginger90 said:

A paid soccer coach of a children’s  team? Paid secretary of a soccer league? Interesting, wouldn’t happen in my neck of the woods.

Its not unusual where I live. Frankly the higher level youth teams have special coaches for specific skills. A friend of mine gets paid to teach 12 year olds how to pitch. Youth sports can be really expensive in upper end neighborhoods. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Paid coaches for traveling teams are a thing.  We paid for coaches for both volleyball and soccer.  

Were they a travelling team?  Again, I'm surprised Amy was the chosen one!

• Love 1

This is the infamous salad on which "Chris doesn't like onions," so she puts them anyway at 2:00.  Either it's a rerun, or her poor man has had to eat TWO of them.

She names it "Bloody MARY' Salad." Why the apostrophe after "Mary"?

And even the dumbest of people learning how to "cook" already know how to make a salad consisting of ice burg lettuce, cherry tomatoes and onions. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

She names it "Bloody MARY' Salad." Why the apostrophe after "Mary"?

It's actually titled as a 'Bloody Mary' Salad - a play on words from a Bloody Mary drink.  So the apostrophe after "Mary" should have been the second half of quotation marks around "Bloody Mary."  But they used apostrophes instead.  Because Amy.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

But we're talking about Amy who apparently never gets things correct... really, I'm still amused. And quotes are indeed part of punctuation and grammar, which Amy is routinely and rightly dragged on about. 

• Love 3