Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

I also think it’s entirely possible that when they were making their holiday plans, Tori hadn’t had Lilah yet, and they didn’t know when she would come.  She probably told Chris to go ahead to his family thing and she would hang around and do dinner for whatever kids didn’t have plans.  That way she could be home if Lilah came.  

• Love 3

I was shocked to see Jackson’s legs.  I did not realize they were that bowed!  I guess because he’s always dressed in cute little jeans and nice outfits, I didn’t notice this.  I’m no doctor, but it looks to me like they will need to be treated sooner rather than later, because the older he gets and the heavier he gets, the more strain will be put on his legs and ankles.  Poor little guy.

4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I laughed at her referring to Chris as "my man".

I’m curious, why?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Zach had surgery to correct his legs when he was a teenager. They said the person has to wait until they reach their full growth spurt. Maybe something can be done for Jackson. 

Oh gosh. Tori really may have her hands full with three little people. I hope she takes good care of herself and stays strong and healthy to care for what their needs may be. 

Does tori have any siblings? Aging parents can also be a challenge.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don't think Amy's perfect, like us all, she's got her faults and issues but I also don't think it can be ignored that she's been the person's who's had to make the biggest changes.   I wish her well in this new and unfamiliar territory and I hope her kids step up and maintain a relationship with her even though it's probably less convenient now that she's not on the farm.

• Love 11
On 1/5/2020 at 3:00 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I was shocked to see Jackson’s legs.  I did not realize they were that bowed!  I guess because he’s always dressed in cute little jeans and nice outfits, I didn’t notice this.  I’m no doctor, but it looks to me like they will need to be treated sooner rather than later, because the older he gets and the heavier he gets, the more strain will be put on his legs and ankles.  Poor little guy.

I’m curious, why?

On 1/5/2020 at 10:29 PM, babyhouseman said:

Zach had surgery to correct his legs when he was a teenager. They said the person has to wait until they reach their full growth spurt. Maybe something can be done for Jackson. 

No doubt if something can and should be done for Jackson it will.  Likely anything like surgery will have to wait until the growth plate is closed.  It's the same idea behind ballet dancers not going on pointe until they've reached that stage of development so they won't potentially do any damage that could prevent the bones from completing growth and development as they should. 

38 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

In the video Jeremy pointed out that the island in the kitchen has been lowered for his mom.

Maybe she's been having a few things here and there customized.

anyways looks like a cute place 👍

I forgot about that!  I wonder why she didn't build a custom, forever home?

• Love 1

I wonder if Chris owns this home too, or if it's just Amy's house.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a30456105/amy-roloff-chris-marek-wedding-details/

8 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

So what is going to happen to the farm??? are J and A going to buy/inherit it??? 

I read once Jer said it's too expensive.  I have trouble believing Matt would just hand it over, but he must have something planned out for it in a will, you'd think.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1

I'm really surprised Amy gave up the farm and her beautiful custom home with the pool and acres of beauty for this house in a neighborhood not at all custom to her needs.  It looks cold and stark and not at all what I thought she would settle in.

I wouldn't think she was lonely on the farm with Chris, her friends and the kids and their families visiting their growing up home.

Personally I think Amy made a huge mistake and have to wonder who was whispering in her ear.

I know there is hostility with Matt and Caryn but their gone a lot with the home in Arizona and all the trips Matt takes.

I wonder if she regrets this decision?

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 1/19/2020 at 7:14 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I'm really surprised Amy gave up the farm and her beautiful custom home with the pool and acres of beauty for this house in a neighborhood not at all custom to her needs.  It looks cold and stark and not at all what I thought she would settle in.

I wouldn't think she was lonely on the farm with Chris, her friends and the kids and their families visiting their growing up home.

Personally I think Amy made a huge mistake and have to wonder who was whispering in her ear.

I know there is hostility with Matt and Caryn but their gone a lot with the home in Arizona and all the trips Matt takes.

I wonder if she regrets this decision?

I was really disappointed when I heard that Amy had decided to move off the farm and I have always felt that after getting cheated on by your husband with the help, it was the insult added to injury that everyone was saying that she should move on and move away.  

It seems to me that Amy was not always a saint, and certainly had her faults like everyone else, however, it also seems to me that she has paid the highest price of anyone in the fallout of her broken marriage.  She may have not had enough of the prerequisite love and respect that is needed to start a marriage all those years ago, perhaps because she had low self esteem and felt like she had a small dating pool from which to choose, but she did make up for it over the years by trying to give those children the love and nurturing home they deserved. She worked hard and worried about the family’s security and stability.  You may have been justified in saying she was not a good house keeper, but her kids were pigs and her husband never helped.  Matt was a dreamer with no money management chops.  Amy tried to make him look at the family’s needs and security, while he let his “dreamer” personality take over.  Amy worried all the time.  Is it any wonder she always looked like the shrew?  Someone had to be the adult.  Yes, Matt was creative about figuring out how to monetize their disability.  Yes, he was the first to the reality TV trough, which in turn funded all the other things he wanted to do to feed his need to dream and play.  It brought money into the family, but it ultimately split the family up because they were two different personalities with different priorities.  Even with all of that, Amy still felt that she should seek counseling and save the marriage.  Matt wanted no such thing.  He had already lined up the side piece and he was determined to move into the double wide and out of the marriage.  Then the pressure campaign began by Matt, Caryn and Jeremy.  What chance did Amy have in this situation?  It was three against one.

So here we are now.  Amy gave in, took the buyout and left because everyone was telling her to.  So many on this board were saying AMY needs to move on, Amy needs to make a decision, Amy doesn’t need that big house.  So yeah, she took the settlement by Matt and left with her tail between her legs as if she was the person who deserved to leave and Matt was the gosh darn great guy that should carry on all that Roloff Farms was, is, or ever will be.  I think Amy lost more than anyone in this whole ordeal and deserved it the least.

I wonder how the show will progress with Amy no longer on the farm where filming takes place.  Will Matt and Caryn become the king and queen of Roloff Farms?  Caryn got where she is by always telling Matt yes and complementing him.  Will he run it into the ground without anyone to counter balance him, or sell it and retire with his side piece to AZ?

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I was really disappointed when I heard that Amy had decided to move off the farm and I have always felt that after getting cheated on by your husband with the help, it was the insult added to injury that everyone was saying that she should move on and move away.  

It seems to me that Amy was not always a saint, and certainly had her faults like everyone one else, however, it also seems to me that she has paid the highest price of anyone in the fallout of her broken marriage.  She may have not had enough of the prerequisite love and respect that is needed to start a marriage all those years ago, perhaps because she had low self esteem and felt like she had a small dating pool from which to choose, but she did make up for it over the years by trying to give those children the love and nurturing home they deserved. She worked hard and worried about the family’s security and stability.  You may have been justified in saying she was not a good house keeper, but her kids were pigs and her husband never helped.  Matt was a dreamer with no money management chops.  Amy tried to make him look at the family’s needs and security, while he let his “dreamer” personality take over.  Amy worried all the time.  Is it any wonder she always looked like the shrew?  Someone had to be the adult.  Yes, Matt was creative about figuring out how to monetize their disability.  Yes, he was the first to the reality TV trough, which in turn funded all the other things he wanted to do to feed his need to dream and play.  It brought money into the family, but it ultimately split the family up because they were two different personalities with different priorities.  Even with all of that, Amy still felt that she should seek counseling and save the marriage.  Matt wanted no such thing.  He had already lined up the side piece and he was determined to move into the double wide and out of the marriage.  Then the pressure campaign began by Matt, Caryn and Jeremy.  What chance did Amy have in this situation?  It was three against one.

So here we are now.  Amy gave in, took the buyout and left because everyone was telling her to.  So many on this board were saying AMY needs to move on, Amy needs to make a decision, Amy doesn’t need that big house.  So yeah, she took the settlement by Matt and left with her tail between her legs as if she was the person who deserved to leave and Matt was the gosh darn great guy that should carry on all that Roloff Farms was, is, or ever will be.  I think Amy lost more than anyone in this whole ordeal and deserved it the least.

I wonder how the show will progress with Amy no longer on the farm where filming takes place.  Will Matt and Caryn become the king and queen of Roloff Farms?  Caryn got where she is by always telling Matt yes and complementing him.  Will he run it into the ground without anyone to counter balance him, or sell it and retire with his side piece to AZ?

I agree with all of this.  One bright spot for me is that Amy finally gave Matt what he wanted, so he shouldn’t be able to play the victim any longer.  But, knowing Matt, he’ll find a way to make Amy the bad guy.  

• Love 7

I think I was disappointed that Amy chose a home like all the other houses in the suburbs.  I thought for sure she would find a place on the lake or something nestled in the woods.

Let's face it Amy didn't walk away poor.  I can't see this new house being a particularly big draw to the kids and grands and if I remember correctly that was a concern of hers. 

Amy walked with half of Roloff farms and I would guess will inherit from her father when he passes.  I did a quick Google search of net worth and I found a huge $4 1/2 million to $31 million.  Huge amount of money!

If she starts the complaining she is so sure to begin about nobody visiting her I think she has nobody to blame but herself for her poor choice.

Like it or not it she wanted to draw the kids and be ms personality to her friends like she was at Roloff farms she should have, could have made a much better choice.

And just for the record this poor choice lays at Amy s feet.  Not Matt's and not his side piece.  Amy alone!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think I was disappointed that Amy chose a home like all the other houses in the suburbs.  I thought for sure she would find a place on the lake or something nestled in the woods.

Let's face it Amy didn't walk away poor.  I can't see this new house being a particularly big draw to the kids and grands and if I remember correctly that was a concern of hers. 

Amy walked with half of Roloff farms and I would guess will inherit from her father when he passes.  I did a quick Google search of net worth and I found a huge $4 1/2 million to $31 million.  Huge amount of money!

If she starts the complaining she is so sure to begin about nobody visiting her I think she has nobody to blame but herself for her poor choice.

Like it or not it she wanted to draw the kids and be ms personality to her friends like she was at Roloff farms she should have, could have made a much better choice.

And just for the record this poor choice lays at Amy s feet.  Not Matt's and not his side piece.  Amy alone!

It also surprised me that she bought in a neighborhood with basic sized homes, yard etc.

I know she isn't a huge celebrity but as far as reality stars go she's fairly well known and she is more recognizable than the average person because of her LP stature.

I thought she would buy something with a little more privacy and space for the kids to visit.

I wonder if Chris was involved and thought it was a good investment or something?.... still surprises me that she chose to live in a neighborhood knowing how much she liked the privacy of the farm. 🤔

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

It also surprised me that she bought in a neighborhood with basic sized homes, yard etc.

I know she isn't a huge celebrity but as far as reality stars go she's fairly well known and she is more recognizable than the average person because of her LP stature.

I thought she would buy something with a little more privacy and space for the kids to visit.

I wonder if Chris was involved and thought it was a good investment or something?.... still surprises me that she chose to live in a neighborhood knowing how much she liked the privacy of the farm. 🤔

Speaking of Chris where is he?  Amy visited her father in January because it would have been her mother's birthday.  No Chris.

Looking at pictures Amy has posted with the new babies no Chris.I

I looked and the last picture Amy posted of the two of them was I believe New Years Eve.

I wonder if he's still around?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Speaking of Chris where is he?  Amy visited her father in January because it would have been her mother's birthday.  No Chris.

Looking at pictures Amy has posted with the new babies no Chris.I

I looked and the last picture Amy posted of the two of them was I believe New Years Eve.

I wonder if he's still around?

I haven't taken a picture with my husband in months. I'll have to ask him tonight if he's left me. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

Being on a reality show and revealing your business to the world makes everybody wonder where certain players are when they seem to disappear.

I'm not real interested in my neighbors business but everybody here is interested in the Chris and Amy show!

They were to be married this year but now they aren't and no pictures of Chris.  Hummm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/7/2020 at 12:55 PM, Tikichick said:

No doubt if something can and should be done for Jackson it will.  Likely anything like surgery will have to wait until the growth plate is closed.  It's the same idea behind ballet dancers not going on pointe until they've reached that stage of development so they won't potentially do any damage that could prevent the bones from completing growth and development as they should. 

According to this article, it's easier to do it now.

"Guided growth plate surgery, also known as hemiepiphysiodesis, may be recommended to correct a curvature, or bowing, in the legs. In guided growth plate surgery, the surgeon makes a small incision at the growth plate and attaches a titanium plate to one side of the bone with titanium screws. This temporarily stops the longer-length portion of the leg from growing, so that the shorter side can continue to grow and catch up. This procedure is often used in children who are still growing and have time for the bowing to correct during growth.

Growth plate surgery is usually an outpatient procedure that can be completed in about one hour. Your child may need to use crutches for a few weeks after surgery to allow the bones to heal."

https://nyulangone.org/conditions/achondroplasia-in-children/treatments/surgery-for-achondroplasia-in-children

• Useful 1
On 1/22/2020 at 11:11 PM, Jeanne222 said:

They were to be married this year but now they aren't and no pictures of Chris.  Hummm.

In a “live” she a couple of days ago, she stated they are getting married in 2021.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Honey said:

"Guided growth plate surgery, also known as hemiepiphysiodesis, may be recommended to correct a curvature, or bowing, in the legs. In guided growth plate surgery, the surgeon makes a small incision at the growth plate and attaches a titanium plate to one side of the bone with titanium screws. This temporarily stops the longer-length portion of the leg from growing, so that the shorter side can continue to grow and catch up. This procedure is often used in children who are still growing and have time for the bowing to correct during growth.

Growth plate surgery is usually an outpatient procedure that can be completed in about one hour. Your child may need to use crutches for a few weeks after surgery to allow the bones to heal."

https://nyulangone.org/conditions/achondroplasia-in-children/treatments/surgery-for-achondroplasia-in-children

It has been a while since Zach had the surgery so they may have better ways now.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Honey said:

Interesting article....  I wonder how young they mean since they say the child would need to get around on crutches for a bit... Jackson is only 2 and I can't imagine him using crutches especially in that house of a million stairs.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Interesting article....  I wonder how young they mean since they say the child would need to get around on crutches for a bit... Jackson is only 2 and I can't imagine him using crutches especially in that house of a million stairs.

I've seen little kids on walkers.  Maybe that would work for him - one walker on each floor of the house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've seen little kids on walkers.  Maybe that would work for him - one walker on each floor of the house.

Good point... A walker would be easier for a small child like Jackson and I guess they'd have to carry him up or down the stairs between floors.

I still can't believe they bought a house with 5 levels and stairs everywhere. 

• Love 6

Coming out of lurkdom to say you'd be surprised at what kids can do. My husband has Spina Bifida and when he was a toddler he climbed up dresser drawers. His mom came into the room and found him sitting on top of the dresser. He always lived in homes that had stairs, and whenever we go out there are stairs everywhere, so he's used to navigating them, in his own way, of course. 😀

• Love 10