Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

(edited)

He DID give her his guest list exactly when he said he would, at the end of January (ignoring Amy's nagging him for it before then).  And he DID ask if he could invite Matt and Caryn.  Maybe "in jest," but thus many a truth is told.

Did Amy say in her "Live" that the farm won out because she fiddled around and missed out on choosing one of the other venues in time?

Haha!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Chris is her prop !

Chris better stake his claim on half the garage being his so he can have a man cave in the near future. While Amy makes the rest of the entire house her space. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

ignoring Amy's nagging him for it before then

But remember Amy is accountable for Chris's every request - if he says no onions, then dammit she's a bitch for adding onions. Why isn't Chris a bitch for not providing a guest list when asked? After all,  they're going to be married and he's accountable for her every request just like she is, right?

If you genuinely believe Amy is wrong to not invite two people that she clearly has bad feelings for and who laughed and publically mocked the idea of attending her wedding, I can't help you. I can see why Matt and Caryn wouldn't be welcome, just for that alone. Chris knows the backstory - the backstory of "Amy genuinely believes Matt cheated on her during their marriage with Caryn" and if he doesn't see the problem, then he's kind of an asshole. 

It's not unreasonable or unexpected for a person to not invited their ex spouse that they don't get along with to their wedding. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Matt and Caryn being invited or not is just some good bullshit to talk about since it was mentioned a few times on the show.  I don't think anyone really cares, I know I don't! 

It's unreasonable for someone to have their wedding on the property of their ex spouse they don't  get along with and seem to dislike.  

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

It's unreasonable for someone to have their wedding on the property of their ex spouse they don't  get along with and seem to dislike.  

If we're ignoring the "TLC is paying everyone involved to provide a storyline" aspect, then I completely agree.

If we take that factor out, then I see no reason why Matt would offer, and no reason why Amy would accept. Frankly, all talk aside, I wouldn't be shocked if this ultimately resolves with Matt attending because TLC is paying for drama. 

4 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

"Thanks for offering your lake house for our anniversary party!  By the way, you're not invited!!!"

Hee hee just don't forget the "We offered the lake house but OMG we'd never want to actually attend because we don't like her" public antics. ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't recall M&C saying they wouldn't attend because they don't like Amy.  If anything, Matt WOULD attend because he DOES like Chris (and vise-versa)!  I think the laughter at the suggestion in that TH was in response to Amy's anticipated reaction if they did.  It would not be pretty!

Anyone else hear Amy say in her "live" something like, "Well, even if Chris doesn't dress exactly like I want him to, I won't care because I'll be in my dress" (Lisa chimes in with how beautiful she's going to look, blah blah)...  Could Chris be rebelling?  But no worries...

All eyes on meeeeeeeeeee!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Amy say in her "live" something like, "Well, even if Chris doesn't dress exactly like I want him to

Chris is probably the biggest pussy whipped man I've ever seen. 

Amy can't be that good in bed for a man to allow himself to be constantly put down.

It's like his feelings, thoughts and emotions don't mean crap to Amy and his sorry ass just goes along with it.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

He DID give her his guest list exactly when he said he would, at the end of January (ignoring Amy's nagging him for it before then).  And he DID ask if he could invite Matt and Caryn.  Maybe "in jest," but thus many a truth is told.

Did Amy say in her "Live" that the farm won out because she fiddled around and missed out on choosing one of the other venues in time?

Haha!

Lol she didn't really say how she lost them but that saying "you had me at hello" for Amy might be "she lost them at hello"!

Maybe they didn't care for little Miss bossy!!!I

Would anybody want to deal with her?  She's just plain nasty!

12 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Chris is probably the biggest pussy whipped man I've ever seen. 

Amy can't be that good in bed for a man to allow himself to be constantly put down.

It's like his feelings, thoughts and emotions don't mean crap to Amy and his sorry ass just goes along with it.  

$$$$$

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Lol she didn't really say how she lost them but that saying "you had me at hello" for Amy might be "she lost them at hello"!

Maybe they didn't care for little Miss bossy!!!I

Would anybody want to deal with her?  She's just plain nasty!

$$$$

Don't strippers make good money? Maybe not as much as Miss Bossy but at least they look good naked.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I hope the background for Amy’s wedding of the century is a half built garage… would serve her right for letting her fat toady friend bad mouth Matt during every IG LIVE. 
Not real smart to shit on the person providing the venue for your wedding 🙄

• Love 9
On 7/2/2021 at 5:43 PM, Dustbunny said:

sparkles.gif

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Don't strippers make good money? Maybe not as much as Miss Bossy but at least they look good naked.

Little Miss Bossy is her stage name 😋

• LOL 9
(edited)

I couldn’t be married to Amy (Matt either, well actually most of the Roloffs including Zach and Jeremy) and I do think Amy often comes across as angry or bitter sometimes.  On the show, I think some is played up for ratings, this is across-the-board.  But Amy does stuff on IG, as well, and I really think if Amy didn’t want Lisa to make certain comments they would have stopped long ago. I really don’t care enough about Matt to care if Lisa makes comments, but I personally think they are at times Amy’s thoughts without Amy having to say them.  I think Lisa might feel that way too, but I’m saying I think Amy is ok with all of it.

As far as why Chris is there, I do think he does love Amy because it is “so easy”.  (I’m gonna disregard the costumes and such because well I don’t want to think about anybody on that show doing anything)  However, I think it’s “easy” for a lot of reasons.  He didn’t live with her full-time until early this year or late last year.  It’s easier to deal with flashes of anger when you can go home and hang out with Henry. Two, being with Amy did increase his disposable income.  The money from the show, notoriety from the show helping to get clients, splitting bills with Amy all is bonus money.  Three, I think he truly believes Amy will NEVER cheat on him.  I’m not in her mind, but I don’t think she will either. I do think that is even more of sticking with him since he has been cheated on before.  Four, I think they have similar hobbies and I do think Amy enjoys doing them, especially since Matt wasn’t physically able to do a lot of them at least in the later years.  

The problems come when he’s living with what he perceives as clutter or banging into drawers and doors for years because I don’t see Amy changing a whole lot.  She won’t even stop something as simple as putting onions in the potato salad, which is for him, when she could have simply said I’m not putting onions in because Chris doesn’t like them or not said anything at all because her written recipes don’t follow the video a lot of the time anyway.  She’s always making substitutions.  Potato salad, wedding outfit, wedding dessert, garage space, a lot of these are minor things, but added up over years will grow frustrating.  I think the real test will come when the show ends and the money decreases (they won’t be poor just less guaranteed money) and that will most likely make Matt less of a target because she won’t be around him as much. At that time, I think more flashes of anger will be directed at Chris and it won’t be as easy anymore.  If the weird “bromance” isn’t being pushed by producers, the flashes might come sooner than that.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I hope the background for Amy’s wedding of the century is a half built garage… would serve her right for letting her fat toady friend bad mouth Matt during every IG LIVE. 

I suspect this will be the case and will end the notion that Matt is perfectly over his ex and just happy that she's out of his life. ;)

Note - I think one of the dumbest decisions Amy has made is to have the wedding on the farm precisely because Matt can't resist antics, so I have very little sympathy.

As for what Chris wants - he's a grown up. I tend to agree with Irate Panda in that he's picking a woman who won't cheat on him. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I couldn’t be married to Amy (Matt either, well actually most of the Roloffs including Zach and Jeremy) and I do think Amy often comes across as angry or bitter sometimes.  On the show, I think some is played up for ratings, this is across-the-board.  But Amy does stuff on IG, as well, and I really think if Amy didn’t want Lisa to make certain comments they would have stopped long ago. I really don’t care enough about Matt to care if Lisa makes comments, but I personally think they are at times Amy’s thoughts without Amy having to say them.  I think Lisa might feel that way too, but I’m saying I think Amy is ok with all of it.

As far as why Chris is there, I do think he does love Amy because it is “so easy”.  (I’m gonna disregard the costumes and such because well I don’t want to think about anybody on that show doing anything)  However, I think it’s “easy” for a lot of reasons.  He didn’t live with her full-time until early this year or late last year.  It’s easier to deal with flashes of anger when you can go home and hang out with Henry. Two, being with Amy did increase his disposable income.  The money from the show, notoriety from the show helping to get clients, splitting bills with Amy all is bonus money.  Three, I think he truly believes Amy will NEVER cheat on him.  I’m not in her mind, but I don’t think she will either. I do think that is even more of sticking with him since he has been cheated on before.  Four, I think they have similar hobbies and I do think Amy enjoys doing them, especially since Matt wasn’t physically of a lot of them at least in the later years.  

The problems come when he’s living with what he perceives as clutter or banging into drawers and doors for years because I don’t see Amy changing a whole lot.  She won’t even stop something as simple as putting onions in the potato salad, which is for him, when she could have simply said I’m not putting onions in because Chris doesn’t like them or not said anything at all because her written recipes don’t follow the video a lot of the time anyway.  She’s always making substitutions.  Potato salad, wedding outfit, wedding dessert, garage space, a lot of these are minor things, but added up over years will grow frustrating.  I think the real test will come when the show ends and the money decreases (they won’t be poor just less guaranteed money) and that will most likely make Matt less of a target because she won’t be around him as much. At that time, I think more flashes of anger will be directed at Chris and it won’t be as easy anymore.  If the weird “bromance” isn’t being pushed by producers, the flashes might come sooner than that.

Exactly I think her fat toady friend insults Matt and Caryn for Amy.

Amy could put a stop to it if she wanted to…. I think it would be hilarious if Matt banned Lisa from his property… no wedding for fat toady and her ridiculous Jayne Mansfield hair.  😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy could put a stop to it if she wanted to…. I think it would be hilarious if Matt banned Lisa from his property… no wedding for fat toady and her ridiculous Jayne Mansfield hair.

Ah, Matt exerting his power to be petty and exclude Amy's guests sorta argues against that "Matt is absolutely over Amy and moving on" thing. 

I figure Lisa has actually met Matt and might have her reasons for not liking him. Amy doesn't have to put a stop to it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy could put a stop to it if she wanted to…. I think it would be hilarious if Matt banned Lisa from his property… no wedding for fat toady and her ridiculous Jayne Mansfield hair.  😂

oh Joan if only Matt would.. I'd love it! 😂,

If I was Matt I'd order 3 dump trucks of cow manure to be delivered to the area adjacent to "Princess Amy's Wedding of the Century", give the 2 shit talkers some real shit to talk about!

Three steaming piles of cow shit and flies! 💩💩💩

Lisa looks like an idiot with that platinum blonde mess on her head and then you've got Amy with the bangs that start on the top of her head... quite a pair. 😫

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

Lisa looks like an idiot with that platinum blonde mess on her head and then you've got Amy with the bangs that start on the top of her head... quite a pair. 😫

Lisa with that hair looks like crazy old Mae West…. 

E55BE668-C437-4E1B-833F-CC11F6B7EE88.jpeg

• LOL 12

In the live (not quoting exactly) Amy said  two venues were no longer available on the date that was chosen. She said Chris discussed with her, the fact that the two of them spent a lot of time on the farm, and it meant something to him. It was something she hadn’t considered.

So, the farm was chosen for the wedding.

🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In the live (not quoting exactly) Amy said  two venues were no longer available on the date that was chosen. She said Chris discussed with her, the fact that the two of them spent a lot of time on the farm, and it meant something to him. It was something she hadn’t considered.

🤷🏼‍♀️

I can't imagine why the friends' back yard would no longer be available.  Are they offering it some other late-middle-aged couple having a royal wedding?

Obviously Chris wanted it at the farm, so he finally got a gimme!  He loves it there and also clearly wanted Amy to build on it with a view of the sunset looking across the quiet fields (as opposed to him having to build up the privacy fence and install a fountain to drown out the too-close, noisy neighbors in Deb's burbs).

I suspect they also DID THE DEED for the first time there, so sentimental value!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

I can't imagine why the friends' back yard would no longer be available.  Are they offering it some other late-middle-aged couple having a royal wedding?

Obviously Chris wanted it at the farm, so he finally got a gimme! 

Loved your comment about the friends' back yard.  From what I've read (didn't see the episode), Amy was not very nice to them, so maybe they decided that the day before the wedding would be a good time to schedule fertilizer to be delivered, thus making it unavailable.

There's only one rea$on the wedding will be at the farm, and it - like everything else in Amy'$ life - has nothing to do with what Chris wants.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

n the live (not quoting exactly) Amy said  two venues were no longer available on the date that was chosen. She said Chris discussed with her, the fact that the two of them spent a lot of time on the farm, and it meant something to him. It was something she hadn’t considered.

She did say all of this and it is total bullshit and the Chris stuff about the farm is laughable. Talk about putting a spin on things.  Oh and the wedding is definitely being filmed (she almost said so during the live), the only question is will it be shown live or taped and shown at a later date.  

If Matt ever banished Lisa, there would be no maid of honor unless the other lemming stepped in on the fly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm less bothered by the onions in the potato salad (if indeed they're part of the recipe) than by her dumping onions on "my man's" already plated green salad while reminding us that he doesn't like onions.  That's a whole other level.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Oh and the wedding is definitely being filmed (she almost said so during the live), the only question is will it be shown live or taped and shown at a later date.  

TLC never shows any of the weddings or events live.  The most that could be hoped for is a rushed post production for a special 2 or 3 weeks after the event.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

TLC never shows any of the weddings or events live.  The most that could be hoped for is a rushed post production for a special 2 or 3 weeks after the event.  

A chance of it being live was mentioned because I think someone asked.   I don't know the inner workings of TLC.  Probably just another Amy 'teaser" for the biggest wedding since Diana married Charles.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I think Amy is mad because she is a dwarf, and takes her bad luck out on the whole world. That is why she is nasty to most everyone. Someone has to pay for her misfortune in life.

This.

When, in fact, she's been usually and incredibly lucky in life, considering, even for an average-size person, and continues to be, and should be grateful. 

One word: therapy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I get the impression from some of the things I have heard said on the show and have read that Amy's parents were not great in protecting her when she was a child.  The brother spoke about how someone used to follow her home and torment her with name calling etc. As a child I am sure this was very scary for Amy.  I think the brother started walking with her but no mention of the Dad stepping and setting the guy straight.  This is just my opinion of course.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I get the impression from some of the things I have heard said on the show and have read that Amy's parents were not great in protecting her when she was a child.  The brother spoke about how someone used to follow her home and torment her with name calling etc. As a child I am sure this was very scary for Amy.  I think the brother started walking with her but no mention of the Dad stepping and setting the guy straight.  This is just my opinion of course.  

This was revealed after Chris expressed concern about Amy's anger one day turning on him and was hesitating to move the relationship forward, presumably for this reason.  I got the impression it was damage control or a play for sympathy or at least an attempt to explain why Amy now has an anger management problem.  And that may well be the reason.  Again, therapy.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

What I really hate, is Amy and Zack both complaining about how hard life has been for them because of dwarfism, and yet both without a single hesitation, readily have kids to pass the hardships on to. How selfish is that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, winsomeone said:

What I really hate, is Amy and Zack both complaining about how hard life has been for them because of dwarfism, and yet both without a single hesitation, readily have kids to pass the hardships on to. How selfish is that?

I know. I hate that I think this. Tori too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

think Amy is mad because she is a dwarf, and takes her bad luck out on the whole world

And Zach is just like his mother. He learned how to be angry and bitter from his mom. They look alike and behave alike. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

If Matt ever banished Lisa, there would be no maid of honor unless the other lemming stepped in on the fly.

Because there's NO WAY that wedding won't be on the farm.  The only way it won't be on the farm is if Chris decides continuing the charade isn't worth it financially, and he takes a long walk . . . alone.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

There's only one rea$on the wedding will be at the farm, and it - like everything else in Amy'$ life - has nothing to do with what Chris wants.

Correct!  It's what the producers of the show want.  A barn seems like a weird place for a formal wedding with a long white gown and tuxedos, but I guess the producers think that's what the TV viewers want to see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

This silly charade of "where will the wedding be" is so ridiculous. Of course, we all knew that it would be at the farm all along...this, first and foremost, is a TV show and they get paid to play out the drama. Real life circumstances are used, yes, but it's all scripted. Amy has fooled no one in looking around a venue. Like I posted earlier, why not just get married in a church? There is your venue! She's supposed to be so religious and all...and a nice reception in the church hall....venue again. No need to wonder about construction around you, cow dung, OR the weather. Episode fodder and drama. It was all figured out from the get go.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, LucyEth said:

If Matt ever banished Lisa, there would be no maid of honor unless the other lemming stepped in on the fly.

Lisa hasn’t been a “maid” for a very long time! 

A more accurate title would be “fat old toady of honor”

I think at Amy’s age having brides maids looks absolutely ridiculous… she should just have Ember and Jackson.

I wonder if Chris will remove her garter exposing her gnarly old legs 🤮 if there’s any bachelors they’ll avoid that sweaty garter like the plague!

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, winsomeone said:

My only correction is that Matt has railed many times how he was tortured in hospitals and ripped from his mother's breast and how he's always had to prove he can do things... there's even an episode from way back where he waxs on "if I had a regular body I'd do so much more" so he also knowingly and without a single hesitation had kids knowing he was spreading the pain. He apparently loves Jackson and Lilah having the hardship of dwarfism so he needs the selfish label as well since he's got no problem at all with the genes being passed. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

More like Little Miss Double wide Bossy

Omg I know…. I thought she’d start cooking some lighter recipes and drop a few lbs before the wedding of the century but she’s still cooking with all her usual fatty ingredients!

The day they went to Chris’s friends place to check it out for a wedding venue her blue jeans were so damn tight it looked like blue spray paint…. She was barging around like a bull… I bet it stinks like hell when she peels them off! 🤧

• LOL 6
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Lisa hasn’t been a “maid” for a very long time! 

A more accurate title would be “fat old toady of honor”

I think at Amy’s age having brides maids looks absolutely ridiculous… she should just have Ember and Jackson.

In this modern world, women can be "the best man" at weddings. Fat people are allowed to participate and publically mocking people for being overweight is generally deemed impolite... and not a deciding factor of participation. Bridesmaids can be any age and can sometimes be men now. Amy and Chris aren't committing any social faux pas by inviting Lisa and having her participate. 

Amy's age really has no bearing on the type of wedding she has. And frankly, I have family members who would be horrified and appalled at the notion of "everyone wear hawaiian shirts and keep it super casual" - that they would be horrified doesn't make them right. I personally have made it pretty clear how awful I think outdoor weddings are - that only makes me right for me. Heck, I once went to a wedding where the bride wore a tux and the high point of the ceremony was an octopus in the aquarium behind them being fed on public display to I guess grant approval to the wedding. Tacky and weird but there was an open bar so no complaints here. And I got an invite despite being a few pounds over the 120 of my youth. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

He apparently loves Jackson and Lilah having the hardship of dwarfism

Yes, equally as much as Amy, but probably not as much Tori and Zach.  

33 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Omg I know…. I thought she’d start cooking some lighter recipes and drop a few lbs before the wedding of the century but she’s still cooking with all her usual fatty ingredients!

The day they went to Chris’s friends place to check it out for a wedding venue her blue jeans were so damn tight it looked like blue spray paint…. She was barging around like a bull… I bet it stinks like hell when she peels them off! 🤧

Joan, your descriptions kill me! 

I need to get a few screen shots from that day... Amy "barging around like a bull" 😂

Meanwhile here's a page from Amy's "wedding binder" 

wedding binder.jpg

• LOL 10

New cooking video----Obliviate instead of obliterate and palable instead of palatable. 

"Hun is dinner ready".  "it is babe, are you ready".  They had to eat because Chris was hungry, they had their garage sale that day.  Molly and Joel were coming for dinner and they didn't even wait for them.  

Bon Appetite!  Followed by an awkward smack on the lips.  

18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy thinks her seething dislike for Matt is not noticeable. She needs to get the F over it. 

I hope Matt and Chris become and stay friends. Even if just casually.

Who does Amy think she is telling Chris not to be friendly with Matt? Oh yeah, I forgot....she's Little Miss Bossy running "her man's" life and feelings. I guess she'll be Little MRS. Bossy next month. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

New cooking video----Obliviate instead of obliterate and palable instead of palatable. 

"Hun is dinner ready".  "it is babe, are you ready".  They had to eat because Chris was hungry, they had their garage sale that day.  Molly and Joel were coming for dinner and they didn't even wait for them.  

Bon Appetite!  Followed by an awkward smack on the lips.  

Watched a few minutes and as usual there’s more windmill hands!… her arms are flailing back and forth and round and round as she blabbers

Chris doesn’t like asparagus so of course that’s the veggie Amy made… Chris says he’ll eat it like a good little boy because it’s good for him.. Amy plops 2 greasy looking asparagus spears on his plate.

she goes on and on about cooking chicken cordon bleu for friends and she won’t shut up…. Blah, blah, blah..

she massacres several words in the first few minutes… thanks @LucyEth can’t wait to watch the rest later 👍🏻

Edited by Joan of Argh
Punctuation
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2