Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Amy said Matt and Caryn not invited, why would she want her ex and his "longtime" girlfriend at her wedding.  Then bootlicker Lisa chimed in and said, that Caryn said something about being with Matt a long time and she thought that was very interesting. Lisa absolutely loves to throw shade at Matt and Caryn.  Also, they talked about Matt starting the garage building.  Amy did not express any concern.  Lisa addressed the fact that Amy does babysit the grandchildren a lot, but not filmed like Caryn gets filmed.  Later Amy admits she has not seen her grandchildren in 3 weeks. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Amy said Matt and Caryn not invited, why would she want her ex and his "longtime" girlfriend at her wedding.  Then bootlicker Lisa chimed in and said, that Caryn said something about being with Matt a long time and she thought that was very interesting. Lisa absolutely loves to throw shade at Matt and Caryn.  Also, they talked about Matt starting the garage building.  Amy did not express any concern.  Lisa addressed the fact that Amy does babysit the grandchildren a lot, but not filmed like Caryn gets filmed.  Later Amy admits she has not seen her grandchildren in 3 weeks. 

That’s sad about the grandkids.  Three weeks! Gheeezz...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That’s sad about the grandkids.  Three weeks! Gheeezz...

Amy was away for 2 weeks, and the grandchildren were away also. So, 3 weeks for Zach’s children, longer for Jeremy’s.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That’s sad about the grandkids.  Three weeks!

I mean, I was apparently raised in a monster family - I saw both sets of grandparents maybe once a year. Maybe. Certainly less as I got older.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Amy said Matt and Caryn not invited, why would she want her ex and his "longtime" girlfriend at her wedding.

Honestly this just seems wise.

Also Matt and Caryn are completely free to refute the "long term" aspect and choose not to. 

I assume Caryn gets filmed babysitting while Amy does not is mostly due to how there's no storyline for Caryn aside from babysitting. As dull as I find wedding plans, it is a storyline and Chris wanders in occasionally.  Caryn sometimes just seems to be the lover who babysits for free. 

• Love 3

Lisa was the one who brought up the business about how often Amy sees her grandchildren and the babysitting crap.  I don't think anyone really gives a shit.  I am sure Amy's priority right now is her man and her wedding.  Did you know she is planning a wedding?🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Who eats cherries in the middle of a video? So weird.

I have a friend, around Amy's age, same sun damaged skin and lazy hygiene at times.

Yet she absolutely loves to take Close up selfies at different places and post them. 

My friend is almost worse because she thinks she is stylish when she is not. But at the same time, she seems oblivious to how she actually looks and just doesn't seem to give a shit. That last part reminds me of Amy.

• Love 2

Watching some recent episodes...

The flare-ups between Chris and Amy over her not  making space for him actually seem genuine to me, not TLC-generated. If he says something she doesn’t like, she really seems to have a hard time suppressing her anger.

And Chris was right about Amy getting a storage unit. She will just dump her junk there and never see it again. Which would be fine if it solved the problem, but she is a hoarder, and she will fill the house back up with new stuff. Either Chris gives in and accepts it, or he is going to be miserable.

Also, if Chris wants to wear jeans to his wedding, then let him. Who cares?! They’re both older, it’s her second marriage, and he seems kind of shy about being in the groom spotlight, so if he wants to wear something that makes him feel more comfortable, let him. I don't think he is saying he wants to look like a slob. It’s possible to look nice in jeans. Besides, I don’t think it would go over very well if Chris dictated to Amy what she was and was not allowed to wear to her wedding.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

Also, if Chris wants to wear jeans to his wedding, then let him. Who cares?! They’re both older, it’s her second marriage, and he seems kind of shy about being in the groom spotlight, so if he wants to wear something that makes him feel more comfortable, let him.

I'm of two minds on this. Personally I get where Chris is coming from and I would not want a formal wedding. That said, Amy clearly does want a certain amount of formality... and Chris has agreed to it. Marriage is a give and take - he's agreed to a certain amount of formality, it does involve planning and its tedious and its not something he can renege on. So no, its not ok for him to whine and be allowed to wear jeans when he has agreed to a formal outfit. 

Why is Jackson allowed to hit and slap people as part of his play with them? His mother was the only one who told him to stop, and he did..the only one he seems to mind at all. Much of the time, he seems out of control, racing around the house like a wild thing and jumping on the couch over and over. Maybe he is performing for the cameras? If so, time to shut them off. I have a handicapped son. When they are young and small, people often find them cute. Not so as they age and grow. Bad behavior is less tolerated than it is in "normal" kids too for some reason.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Seems Zach also told Jackson "no tackling," but no one really did anything about it.  I get the impression he has trouble sharing his parents' attention with so-called Bean (hence the "just Jackson and his parents" sledding outing) and is also showing off for the cameras, which is inevitable when children's lives are fodder for TV.

Seems to me Caryn probably babysits more than Amy for three reasons: Amy leads a life that is very full and busy with, as I said before, bike trips, vacations, posting selfies, doing "lives" with Lisa, home improvement projects, cooking videos, I assume her charities still, walking Felix, nights out with the BFFs, shopping (which she seems to enjoy), soup night, etc. -- oh, and "my man" -- so not sure how much time she'd have for that.  Also, when Lila was born, Amy kept Jackson and seemed rather clueless about his routine and things when it came time to pass him off to Caryn; she had to go through the house gathering what Amy didn't realize he'd want or need with him.  And, finally, Zach and Tori seem to prefer and hang out much more with Matt and Caryn at the farm.

.I always got the feeling that Lisa was *that friend* who is always whispering into your ear how horrible your partner is and how you deserve better and generally stirring the pot for the fun of the drama or whatever.  Even all these years later, she's still constantly making snide comments about Matt and Caryn, making insinuations and stoking the discontent.  If indeed she was an actual friend when they were still together (I don't remember seeing her when Amy initially freaked out about having no friends or life when Matt first moved out, but I gather they worked together on some charity or other back then), I can just imagine the earworms.  I thought Matt handled the "uninvitation" very tastefully on the show.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't know why RED onion would be put in potato salad....regular onion, yes, a bit is nice but red onion is a bit stronger in flavor. Not in potato salad. Am I alone on this?

She initially called it purple onion (is that a thing?), then corrected to red onion.

Maybe she overbought at the farmers' market?  Learn to love it, Chris!

• LOL 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't know why RED onion would be put in potato salad....regular onion, yes, a bit is nice but red onion is a bit stronger in flavor. Not in potato salad. Am I alone on this?

It's a matter of personal taste, I think.  We (BOTH of us), actually like red onion because it is a bit stronger - and we put it in our potato salad.  If one of us didn't care for an ingredient, however, we would not include it in anything we're making.  If one of us REALLY wanted red onion / garlic / papparika in something, we'd sprinkle it on after placing a serving on our own plate.  It's called consideration and compromise.  Both of us get to eat things we like, and neither of us has to eat things we don't like.  This seems to be an unknown concept in Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen.

46 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Much of the time, he (Jackson) seems out of control, racing around the house like a wild thing and jumping on the couch over and over. 

Like father, like son.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Even all these years later, she's still constantly making snide comments about Matt and Caryn. 

Lisa is a shit stirrer.  Every" live" she throws a dig at Matt and Caryn, she acts as if she is the one that got left.  For the most part Amy does not elaborate and just moves on to the next subject.  

5 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

She initially called it purple onion (is that a thing?), then corrected to red onion.

I always called it a Bermuda onion.

I thought this was funny, during the live Amy mentioned the shared finances and the joint checking account.  She said one thing she told Chris was that she would cover the food bill.  This is because she cooks a lot and does cooking videos and she buys a lot of food and if she doesn't use something and has to throw it out he can't complain.  Apparently Chris complains that she buys too much cheese.  He looks through the refrigerator announcing that they have way too much cheese.  Lisa confirmed the cheese thing, as she was on the phone with Amy and he was complaining and she said to Amy "is he still going on about the cheese"   Amy also said she went overboard at the farmers market and probably bought too much.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Waste in general, or maybe food waste in particular, may bother Chris even if he's not paying for it.  I'm the same way; I could never work in a restaurant because of all the perfectly good food that is no doubt thrown out all day every day!  Those two lovebirds seem to have so much in common...not.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I was disturbed when Amy said Chris doesn't like onion as she was chopping one to put in the potato salad. I'd hate for someone to do that to me. Anyway, Amy never explained why she had to put the onion in that dish. She already had chopped celery for crunch if that was her point. She could have said that the recipe calls for onion, but since Chris doesn't like it, she was adding some extra celery. 

She's just a bad cook, on camera anyway, and dumps in whatever she likes or sees on the kitchen counter. She seems to approve when she uses one of her tasting spoons to sample, but I'm waiting for a spoon to disintegrate on contact. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

I use green onions in my potato salad. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Seems Zach also told Jackson "no tackling," but no one really did anything about it.  I get the impression he has trouble sharing his parents' attention with so-called Bean (hence the "just Jackson and his parents" sledding outing) and is also showing off for the cameras, which is inevitable when children's lives are fodder for TV.

Seems to me Caryn probably babysits more than Amy for three reasons: Amy leads a life that is very full and busy with, as I said before, bike trips, vacations, posting selfies, doing "lives" with Lisa, home improvement projects, cooking videos, I assume her charities still, walking Felix, nights out with the BFFs, shopping (which she seems to enjoy), soup night, etc. -- oh, and "my man" -- so not sure how much time she'd have for that.  Also, when Lila was born, Amy kept Jackson and seemed rather clueless about his routine and things when it came time to pass him off to Caryn; she had to go through the house gathering what Amy didn't realize he'd want or need with him.  And, finally, Zach and Tori seem to prefer and hang out much more with Matt and Caryn at the farm.

.I always got the feeling that Lisa was *that friend* who is always whispering into your ear how horrible your partner is and how you deserve better and generally stirring the pot for the fun of the drama or whatever.  Even all these years later, she's still constantly making snide comments about Matt and Caryn, making insinuations and stoking the discontent.  If indeed she was an actual friend when they were still together (I don't remember seeing her when Amy initially freaked out about having no friends or life when Matt first moved out, but I gather they worked together on some charity or other back then), I can just imagine the earworms.  I thought Matt handled the "uninvitation" very tastefully on the show.

Yah, Lisa needs to back off and let things go. I think she does it to stroke Amy's ego or whatever, and she's an ass kisser. Maybe she does it to stay on Amy’s good side. But whatever the reason, it makes her look childish. I had a friend like that, she used to make comments about my ex, and I told her to shut up already. Enough is enough. Move on Lisa.

• Love 8

If Chris doesn’t like waste and won’t share the grocery bill I’d surely charge him for breakfast, lunch and dinner!  Snacks too!  I wonder if he shares the booze bill!  💭 

Planning, shopping and preparing meals is a lot of work!

But then again maybe he’s watched the videos and doesn’t eat the food!  Lol

I have thought all along it’s Lisa’s role to jab Matt and Caryn.   Frees up Amy who gets plenty of critique!

Amy might be to busy with her things but Caryn is flipping a house and babysitting!  Isn’t she also employed by Roloff farms?  Her plate is full but she makes time. 

Yes Jackson is mimicking Zacks running wild!  Oh well !

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Isn’t she also employed by Roloff farms?  

Not any more.  I believe the new ranch manager is named Karen, and she is living in the big house.

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Not any more.  I believe the new ranch manager is named Karen, and she is living in the big house.

Amy said last night that Karen who is renting the big house is not the farm manager.  Honestly I didn't pay attention to the rest of what she said, but she corrected Lisa on that point. Something about she is a long time friend of Matt's and she met her when they moved to Oregon.  

Zach wrestles and rolls around on the floor with Jackson and sort of acts like he did with his own siblings when they were young and destroyed their home.  Everyone is right, he is following Zach's lead.

Maybe there were some arguments about the food bill, although I doubt it cause "my man" looks like he likes to eat.

Oh in that Bloody Mary salad video she says her man does not like onions, so she will only put a few.  WTH is wrong with her, when someone doesn't like something you give them NONE!

Oh Amy, never change

Edited by LucyEth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Karen the tenant is at least the pumpkin season manager; that was stated a couple of years ago.  I think Caryn "helped out" this past year, but not in an official capacity.

She will only put a few, and then she puts as much on his as she does on hers.

With the potato salad, "Chris doesn't like onions," so she used only half.  Oh, but wait!  Too many potatoes, so she added the second half...  Learn to love it, Chris!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy might be to busy with her things but Caryn is flipping a house and babysitting!

Is she flipping a house?

8 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Amy leads a life that is very full and busy with, as I said before, bike trips, vacations, posting selfies, doing "lives" with Lisa, home improvement projects, cooking videos, I assume her charities still, walking Felix, nights out with the BFFs, shopping (which she seems to enjoy), soup night, etc. -- oh, and "my man" -- so not sure how much time she'd have for that. 

So, a divorced woman with no children at home has a wide circle of friends and enjoys a variety of different activities... and should be sitting at home, waiting for the grandkids to be dumped off because people with grandchildren who don't revolve their lives around being available for the grandkids are bad? Don't love the grandkids? What's the problem here? 

Personally I think Caryn babysits more *on camera* in part because she kinda has to as it's part of keeping Matt sweet and because there's no other storyline. 

8 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

.I always got the feeling that Lisa was *that friend* who is always whispering into your ear how horrible your partner is and how you deserve better and generally stirring the pot for the fun of the drama or whatever.  Even all these years later, she's still constantly making snide comments about Matt and Caryn, making insinuations and stoking the discontent. 

Maybe. I'm actually struck by how similar her behavior is to Caryn when Caryn is talking to Matt about Amy.  That said, lets see, Lisa is friends with Amy, and Amy doesn't like Matt. Stands to reason Lisa as a loyal friend for whatever reason would also not care for Matt.

As for the onions things, I honestly thought it was as simple as this. Amy is making the potato salad as part of her vast cooking video empire. Therefore she is making the recipe for a broad audience. Most people like onions. Chris does not. She's making the potato salad for the wider viewing audience to watch so she uses onions while noting Chris doesn't like them. Maybe Chris won't eat it, maybe it will be served in one of these get togethers. Being married doesn't mean every decision no matter how petty, has to be done for the partner's wants. With respect, I don't see Chris making all decisions in accordance with Amy's likes and wants - and he shouldn't have to, and neither should Amy. If the recipe is best with onions and you're making it as a display piece essentially, then you use onions regardless of whether your fiance likes them.  My mom, when teaching people how to make her spaghetti sauce made it to the recipe that was standard and not the recipe she used for me - which was plain noodles with butter and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. 

• Love 2

Except that she specifically stated that she was making the potato salad because Chris likes it, hence using only 1/2 onion (until she used the rest) and also stated that she was plating (as opposed to something else) salads for the two of them.

There's nothing "wrong" with not being a grandmother who frequently babysits.

Again, its still a cooking video for the viewing pleasure of people apparently needing a recipe for potato salad, not Chris's only meal of the day. And we don't always get served exactly what we want by our spouses. If she's serving him food he hates on a daily basis, honestly he's a big boy and reasonably smart so I have no sympathy if he's just putting up with that. And I doubt that's the case, he doesn't seem like a doormat. 

• Love 2

On that live Instagram chat, there must have been 50 posts about how wonderful her hair looked.  Well, we know it was clean, unlike most of her cooking videos.  I'm just amazed at how people gush over her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, DonnaMae said:

On that live Instagram chat, there must have been 50 posts about how wonderful her hair looked.  Well, we know it was clean, unlike most of her cooking videos.  I'm just amazed at how people gush over her.

There’s something hunky about that gushing!  I know she refers to mods that keep out the ones that don’t like Amy!

Heck everything is for sale these days. Maybe she bought a block of fans!!!

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

There’s something hunky about that gushing!  I know she refers to mods that keep out the ones that don’t like Amy!

Heck everything is for sale these days. Maybe she bought a block of fans!!!

Buying Instagram followers is a real thing. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Personally I think Caryn babysits more *on camera* in part because she kinda has to as it's part of keeping Matt sweet and because there's no other storyline. 

To me, Caryn is shown babysitting on camera because she’s babysitting the children who are on the show.

Going by posts of Amy’s, she has Ember and Jackson for occasional sleepovers. Ember isn’t on the show.

🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 1
17 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Is she flipping a house?

So, a divorced woman with no children at home has a wide circle of friends and enjoys a variety of different activities... and should be sitting at home, waiting for the grandkids to be dumped off because people with grandchildren who don't revolve their lives around being available for the grandkids are bad? Don't love the grandkids? What's the problem here? 

Maybe. I'm actually struck by how similar her behavior is to Caryn when Caryn is talking to Matt about Amy.  That said, lets see, Lisa is friends with Amy, and Amy doesn't like Matt. Stands to reason Lisa as a loyal friend for whatever reason would also not care for Matt.

As for the onions things, I honestly thought it was as simple as this. Amy is making the potato salad as part of her vast cooking video empire. Therefore she is making the recipe for a broad audience. Most people like onions. Chris does not. She's making the potato salad for the wider viewing audience to watch so she uses onions while noting Chris doesn't like them. Maybe Chris won't eat it, maybe it will be served in one of these get togethers. Being married doesn't mean every decision no matter how petty, has to be done for the partner's wants. With respect, I don't see Chris making all decisions in accordance with Amy's likes and wants - and he shouldn't have to, and neither should Amy. If the recipe is best with onions and you're making it as a display piece essentially, then you use onions regardless of whether your fiance likes them.  My mom, when teaching people how to make her spaghetti sauce made it to the recipe that was standard and not the recipe she used for me - which was plain noodles with butter and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. 

Lisa, is that you? Just kidding. 
I put things in food my husband doesn’t like all the time. He still eats it. If he didn’t like the meal I wouldn’t prepare it all. I love him though. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Chris is her prop !

I wonder how he feels about M&C not being invited to the wedding because Amy didn't want them there when he clearly would have.  Another "You're SOL, Chris!" moment.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I wonder how he feels about M&C not being invited to the wedding because Amy didn't want them there when he clearly would have.  Another "You're SOL, Chris!" moment.

We're talking about the guy who didn't bother giving Amy a guest list right? Seems like if Chris would be heartbroken without Matt and Caryn there, he could have said something. It would, after all, make great tv.

But then maybe Chris saw the episode where Matt and Caryn were heehawing with glee how they would turn down an invite and decided not to bother since they made their feelings very public and very clear. I'm kind of amazed that Amy is the bitch for not inviting people who so clearly said they weren't interested and would decline an invite. Seems like she took their very obvious hint... yet she's still somehow the bitch. 

• Love 2