Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Working in a lab for over 35 years, one of the first things I learned was to move each tube/reagent from one side of the bench to the other as it’s used, because it is inevitable that someone will come and interrupt you and you’ll lose your place. I do it at home when baking. Just a free tip from me to you, Chef Amy!

It's called working smarter, not harder.  Anticipate the inevitable, and develop a work plan that protects you from having to start over.  Good job!!!!

• Love 4

Presenting a recipe--a linear process--is a difficult task for someone who has trouble with focus and organization. Amy is just all over the place. She could benefit from established routines and systems. 

Some of Amy's audience may identify with her. I tend to be scattered but make myself prepare in ways that slow me down and force me to follow a detailed plan. I'm not good at improvising, and I would never get on camera, fumble around, and post the mess to social media. 

• Love 5
On 6/19/2021 at 7:03 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Amy’s issues with spelling and pronunciation strike me as evidence of a mild or moderate learning disability or linguistic disorder. She doesn’t have a speech impediment, per se, although she and Zach both have some issues with tongue thrust, mouth breathing, and orthodontics that I assume are a result of achondroplasia. I would guess Amy is within a standard deviation of average, IQ-wise, but she has a tenuous relationship with phonemes. 

Yes! A learning disorder or a mild form of dyslexia maybe?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, zenme said:

Yes! A learning disorder or a mild form of dyslexia maybe?

Honestly the spelling and punctuation problems affect Amy, Matt, Jeremy, Zach, Tory, and Audrey. They all mangle the language. I'm chalking it up to poor skills and lack of education since they ALL do it. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Why does it look like Amy has a mustache? 

She has bad skin.  A lot of discoloration, I have notice that mustache look in other pictures.

• Love 9

Amy is not a poor woman by any means. The first thing I would do if I were her was to seek out a good dermatologist and see what could be done about my complexion. No need to look like there is dirt all over your face. I would also study pronunciation in the English language and actually LOOK at the words you need to pronounce and practice before those awful cooking videos. We don't have to watch her chop everything. She needs to do most of the prep before she starts the video. Quite boring to watch her chop and chop while rambling on and on about who knows what! Just my opinion.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Is "chrism" to distinguish him from any other "chris" she might be marrying?

I just wonder if she's still going to be "amyr" after the wedding, or will it be "amymandchrism" or just "amyandchris" . . . .

And if "their" friends in the band are both guys, I'm assuming they're actually Chris' friends.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

What?  Amy's getting married in 2021???

Is "chrism" to distinguish him from any other "chris" she might be marrying?

Originally, I thought somebody else was using the hashtag storyofamyandchris so she had to use their initials but she’s using the hashtag storyofamyandchris too. Albeit, it only has 1 post, so I really don’t know why she uses the initials.

• Love 3

This has probably been brought up already, but I was thinking that Amy & Chris might be getting their own spinoff show on TLC? 

Chris and Amy are both thirsty for money and notoriety.  I have no interest in watching Lazy Zach and Tori even though they will probably be continuing the Roloff Farms saga on TLC 

I will however, watch the Chris and Amy $hit$how! 😄

• LOL 8
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

This has probably been brought up already, but I was thinking that Amy & Chris might be getting their own spinoff show on TLC? 

Chris and Amy are both thirsty for money and notoriety.  I have no interest in watching Lazy Zach and Tori even though they will probably be continuing the Roloff Farms saga on TLC 

I will however, watch the Chris and Amy $hit$how! 😄

Subtitle:  The Return of the Bickersons.

• LOL 9

I’m wondering if Amy would appeal to her fan base if she had a makeover.  It’s nice to look good I suppose, but I suspect that the natural look appeals to a lot of viewers.  It doesn’t really bother me.  I do care about hygiene and food handling, safety for children and pets, and verbal and physical abuse, but other than those things, I’m not offended.  Lol

• Love 3

I’d be surprised if Chris and Amy got a spin-off, only because I don’t know how any of these people can carry a show on their own. None of them are particularly interesting at least with what they are willing to show on air. Although I watch this show, Sister Wives, and MBFFL so I guess there people that are a glutton for punishment.  It seems like 75% of Amy’s and Chris’ airtime is spent talking about Matt and/or the farm, so if they were given a spin-off I’d hope they leave that behind. 

Now, I could get behind a professionally-shot spin-off, if we get a behind-the-scenes look at these cooking videos and dinner meals lol.  Does the food get eaten or thrown in the trash?  Does Amy leave all the drawers and doors open? Does Chris bury all the dead flies in Amy’s mugs or just callously throw them in the trash? Does Chris have to wipe Amy’s tears because there’s onions stuck to her face again?  So many questions, so little time.  

• LOL 7

Mod Announcement:

Continuous references to stereotypes regarding a fan base on this show (or any other) isn’t appropriate. We are here to discuss the show/it’s participants- NOT each other.

Also, continuously making digs at certain fan bases can be seen as uncivil and antagonistic towards said fans who are participating in this forum. 

Your opinion is your opinion, no one is required to like or dislike anyone, nor are they required to “prove” their stance either way. 

Further comments of this nature will result in warnings. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I was trying to find pictures of the wedding dresses Amy tried on and the picture below popped up in the Google search

littlepeoplebigdivorcesad.jpg

Did Amy and Matt have a vow renewal years ago or is this just her original wedding dress she was wearing for some reason?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

23E38336-0B6F-4908-9ADF-3B0793E656FF.jpeg

DC5F4AD5-9B0E-4485-98DB-ACB2DA244014.jpeg

Why? Why? Why?

Why does that close up mug of hers have to be in every picture, front and center?!?

Except for the one of the band from a distance that isn't even worth seeing?

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

23E38336-0B6F-4908-9ADF-3B0793E656FF.jpeg

DC5F4AD5-9B0E-4485-98DB-ACB2DA244014.jpeg

I wonder if Amy asks permission before snapping pics and does she ask if it’s ok to post them online?

I have a friend (not a close friend more like an acquaintance) who constantly takes pics of herself and whoever she’s out with, if it’s dinner she hops up and snaps pics of everyone seated at the table, she’ll snap pics when the food arrives and during the dinner as well and then she’ll snap more after the dinner and she posts them to her blog… she never asks if anyone minds having their pic taken or if they mind it being posted online, most people assumed the pics were just for herself but a few people found out after the fact that their pics were online and they were quite upset plus she also names everyone in the pic… left to right like…”this is Donna Fraser her husband Bob Fraser, Jane Kennedy and her husband Bill” etc etc…  🥴

Just wondering…Would you mind if someone took your pic and posted it online without asking your permission?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

I wonder if Amy asks permission before snapping pics and does she ask if it’s ok to post them online?

I have a friend (not a close friend more like an acquaintance) who constantly takes pics of herself and whoever she’s out with, if it’s dinner she hops up and snaps pics of everyone seated at the table, she’ll snap pics when the food arrives and during the dinner as well and then she’ll snap more after the dinner and she posts them to her blog… she never asks if anyone minds having their pic taken or if they mind it being posted online, most people assumed the pics were just for herself but a few people found out after the fact that their pics were online and they were quite upset plus she also names everyone in the pic… left to right like…”this is Donna Fraser her husband Bob Fraser, Jane Kennedy and her husband Bill” etc etc…  🥴

Just wondering…Would you mind if someone took your pic and posted it online without asking your permission?

I would not like it at all. I think it's disrespectful of somebody to post a pic without asking you. And if they did ask and you said no, I would hope they would honor your request. I certainly wouldn't appreciate it if someone did that to me. My sister had a couple of pics of my youngest son (when he was 3 at the time) on her facebook, she did not ask my permission. I told her to take them down. She knew how I felt about it, and I didn't even have his pic on my facebook. She wasn't happy, but hey its my kid! 

• Love 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This is a huge problem since FB and other SM took off.  People now have to post everything they do and everyone they do it with.  One group shot you know about and consent to (or opt out of) is acceptable, but not candid shots.  I once objected when a particularly camera-happy fellow hiker insisted on posting and tagging/identifying on global status random ambush pics of members of the group staggering up trails on hills, sweating, mouths open trying to catch their breath, not exactly flattering, and got told off.

It's a bragging, often post-breakup thing; "look at meeeeeee with all my new friends living my best life!"

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Is your friend Jill Rodrigues? 

All joking aside I do not like people posting my pictures without my permission. I’m happy to wear a mask for that reason alone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The issue I find with people posting your picture without your permission is for one thing, they don't care how you look, as long as they think they look good. (Not sure this is the case with Amy though).  Also some people have jobs where they don't want clients perhaps or other associates to see what they are doing in their personal life and down time.  People should always be asked first, especially before posting picture of children.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

The issue I find with people posting your picture without your permission is for one thing, they don't care how you look, as long as they think they look good. (Not sure this is the case with Amy though).  Also some people have jobs where they don't want clients perhaps or other associates to see what they are doing in their personal life and down time.  People should always be asked first, especially before posting picture of children.

I have developed the habit of ALWAYS asking before posting anyone else's picture on FB.  And - thanks to people like Josh Duggar - I would NEVER post a picture of a child without asking the parents if it was ok.  The world is just too weird these days.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

That is crazy!  If he doesn't like onions, why does she put them on the salad?  

I see a future of "Chris doesn't like it when I leave cabinet doors open.  I hope he doesn't hit his head on this one."

This was a woman who wouldn't tidy up their huge house so that Matt could maneuver around on his crutches.  She likewise doesn't seem to care about Chris' opinions if they're not in line with her own.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

That’s exactly what she did with the potato salad too…. She was making it for Chris because she’s not a fan of potato salad… she said Chris doesn’t like onion and then proceeded to chop up a bunch of purple onion and add it to the potato salad..  🤷‍♀️ 

It’s bizarre!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

That’s exactly what she did with the potato salad too…. She was making it for Chris because she’s not a fan of potato salad… she said Chris doesn’t like onion and then proceeded to chop up a bunch of purple onion and add it to the potato salad..  🤷‍♀️ 

It’s bizarre!

Not really, when you consider that Chris doesn't like formal weddings, either.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
57 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

She's establishing the control freak inside of her with Chris. This guy is a saint (and a dumbass)  if he lasts with Amy. It's Amy's world and he just lives in it.

He'll be back at the strip clubs someday. Strippers know how to cook! 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 7

Chris is like Scott Conant from Chopped. Scott doesn’t like raw onions. 

Just for Amy using onions he should leave her. Imagine him picking out the onions from every dish. Not sure how he can stand her onion/garlic breath 24/7.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Amy’s live with Lisa is still going………..

Two things, Amy stated Matt and Caryn are not invited to the wedding, and she chose to eat cherries while live, and then took the pit out of her mouth with her fingers. 
That’s all I’ve got 😁

8F32C34E-7502-4D67-A1AE-2D1388ED6F9D.jpeg

2CBAD884-F327-495C-815A-D1F70A105D90.jpeg

• LOL 5