Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Will the wedding party eat in the barn? If so, does it have a kitchen or even running water? Wouldn't a caterer require a place to at least wash their hands?

I mean, Zach, Jeremy, and Molly's weddings were clearly catered and held on the same site. They all had what appeared to be lovely, much nicer than the "wedding show" participants weddings complete with caterers who didn't appear to have wallowed in filth. I don't see why Amy's wedding would be different. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

I just can't watch it. I love potato salad too much.

I watched and it’s more of the same bumbling and fumbling…

She says that she doesn’t really like potato salad because it always has too much dressing (mucky) and mayonnaise etc but Chris likes potato salad so she’s making it, she says Chris doesn’t like onions so she chops up some purple onion and adds it 🥴 then she makes the dressing, it’s got every ingredient but the kitchen mouse… she puts mayonnaise, stone ground mustard, vinegar, hot paparicka and a bunch of other stuff including a ton of GARLIC powder.. then she can’t remember if she added the mustard so she dumps in more mustard… she also can’t seem to remember if it’s Dijon mustard or stone ground, she explains how to cook pasta for macaroni salad saying you need good quality pasta and it needs to be cooked longer than el dente or al dante she struggles to pronounce it.. not sure why she’s talking about macaroni salad since she isn’t making macaroni salad…She scrapes the dressing off her finger and into the bowl (yummy skin cells in the dressing) leaving goop on her fingers while handling the spice jars…. However there’s one small improvement, she gets a clean spoon for each taste test… 

I swear she has absolutely no idea how much a 1/4 tsp or 1/2 teaspoon is because she dumps seasonings directly into the bowl and then says it’s a 1/4 tsp when it was obviously a LOT more!

I hope Chris enjoyed his potato salad with onions that he doesn’t like. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

I watched and it’s more of the same bumbling and fumbling…

She says that she doesn’t really like potato salad because it always has too much dressing (mucky) and mayonnaise etc but Chris likes potato salad so she’s making it, she says Chris doesn’t like onions so she chops up some purple onion and adds it 🥴 then she makes the dressing, it’s got every ingredient but the kitchen mouse… she puts mayonnaise, stone ground mustard, vinegar, hot paparicka and a bunch of other stuff including a ton of GARLIC powder.. then she can’t remember if she added the mustard so she dumps in more mustard… she also can’t seem to remember if it’s Dijon mustard or stone ground, she explains how to cook pasta for macaroni salad saying you need good quality pasta and it needs to be cooked longer than el dente or al dante she struggles to pronounce it.. not sure why she’s talking about macaroni salad since she isn’t making macaroni salad…She scrapes the dressing off her finger and into the bowl (yummy skin cells in the dressing) leaving goop on her fingers while handling the spice jars…. However there’s one small improvement, she gets a clean spoon for each taste test… 

I swear she has absolutely no idea how much a 1/4 tsp or 1/2 teaspoon is because she dumps seasonings directly into the bowl and then says it’s a 1/4 tsp when it was obviously a LOT more!

I hope Chris enjoyed his potato salad with onions that he doesn’t like. 

'it’s got every ingredient but the kitchen mouse'.  Omg I'm laughing out loud! Good one! Heeheeheehee  

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

She scrapes the dressing off her finger and into the bowl (yummy skin cells in the dressing)

This is one of the most disgusting things she does along with slapping her hands together over the bowl to get the ingredients on her hands into the bowl🤢

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

'it’s got every ingredient but the kitchen mouse'.  Omg I'm laughing out loud! Good one! Heeheeheehee  

Me too

Maybe the mouse died after eating Amy’s cuisine 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I was going to post the exact same thing about Amy's potato salad video and her inability to eye measure ingredients. The dry spices/herbs she put in that bowl were waaayyyy more than one quarter teaspoon or a half teaspoon. Isn't she aware that she could use measuring spoons as she "shakes it in" the bowl to give a good enough measure? She wings these recipes and constantly changes the stated amounts of ingredients. Yes, quite professional, Amy. Another fail...

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I was going to post the exact same thing about Amy's potato salad video and her inability to eye measure ingredients. The dry spices/herbs she put in that bowl were waaayyyy more than one quarter teaspoon or a half teaspoon. Isn't she aware that she could use measuring spoons as she "shakes it in" the bowl to give a good enough measure? She wings these recipes and constantly changes the stated amounts of ingredients. Yes, quite professional, Amy. Another fail...

Didn't she also say she thought that pork loin roast would take three hours to bake, but it took only one?  Maybe she's math-challenged...  Those ingredient amounts are all over the map!

Yes, she used two different spoons for her taste test, but then proceeded to use one of them to stir the finished product.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

0EE63752-6D96-480B-8709-CE2B773CBE87.jpeg

I won’t lie I get a kick out of watching those IG videos. I’m disgusted, amused, dumbfounded, frustrated, and angry all at the same time.  I just want to know if they really eat the stuff she makes.  Even though this selfie is right on top of her face, I think it’s a nicer picture than normal.  Hopefully, she had a nice time with her dad.  I wonder what MY MAN and Henry are up to.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

I wonder what MY MAN and Henry are up to.

I was surprised her first post after getting back had nothing to do with Chris, or the wedding.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Even though this selfie is right on top of her face, I think it’s a nicer picture than normal.

I tried 🤣, it’s from a video. 😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Didn't she also say she thought that pork loin roast would take three hours to bake, but it took only one?  Maybe she's math-challenged...  Those ingredient amounts are all over the map!

Yes, she used two different spoons for her taste test, but then proceeded to use one of them to stir the finished product.

I must have missed the spoon fiasco… 

I was sort of stunned by her dumping tons of seasonings into the bowl and saying it was a 1/4 teaspoon. 😂

and yes she said the pork was 3 hrs and then decided it was done in an hour…. That kind of freaked me out since pork can be particularly dangerous if undercooked… ☠️

she said the pork was in a sweet bbq sauce or something like ribs and all she had to go with it was potato salad… maybe it’s just me but two mucky things on a plate doesn’t sound very appetizing

I think I’d add crusty buns and some corn on the cob.

7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I tried 🤣, it’s from a video. 😁

She needs to put u on the payroll as her photo editor 😋

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

That kind of freaked me out since pork can be particularly dangerous if undercooked…

Just to ease your mind, undercooked pork is no longer considered particularly dangerous. Cases of trichinosis hardly exist in the US due to restrictions on what pigs are fed.  There are even chefs advocating medium rare cuts these days. Not sure I'd try that but you're much more likely to get E coli. Or Covid. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

"They all had what appeared to be lovely, much nicer than the "wedding show" participants weddings complete with caterers who didn't appear to have wallowed in filth. I don't see why Amy's wedding would be different. "

How long has it been since a wedding was held in that barn I wonder? It is pretty much abandoned in the middle of the property somewhere, and must be inhabited by rodents of various sizes I would think?  It is not like they have city water either, so there might not be a water supply in the place. I wouldn't want to attend a wedding there period. Never know what might run across your feet, and how many rodent dropping were swept up to clean the place. Myself, I wouldn't want to breath the air in the place.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

How long has it been since a wedding was held in that barn I wonder? It is pretty much abandoned in the middle of the property somewhere, and must be inhabited by rodents of various sizes I would think?

Honestly, if you look at the wedding farm episodes, you can see it was always pretty meh insisde the barn. There's also a people restriction of some sort - they can't crowd a lot of people inside and it is basically an empty unused aging wooden barn that - despite Matt's supposedly meticulous attention to upkeep - doesn't get any attention unless it needs to be on camera. Remember, this is the structure that has the amazing yet never used "wine cellar" that at last check was full of water and snakes.

1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

It is not like they have city water either, so there might not be a water supply in the place. I wouldn't want to attend a wedding there period. N

Same. Every wedding at Roloff Farms involves porta potties. Not my cup of tea. Again, I'm an "indoorsy" sort so this would never work for me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I can't believe she stole Ina Garten's famous words "how easy was THAT!" 

I just watched a 3 minute video of Ina Garten making potato salad, and I can see where Amy is trying to be Ina Garten with her videos.  The way she adds salt (with her fingers), the way she chops things with a knife - all similar to the way Ina does things.  And Ina even took a piece of potato out of her potato salad with her bare fingers, took a bite out of it, put the uneaten part on the counter, and then used the SAME hand (with the dressing from the potato salad on her fingers) and got another pinch of salt.  

A couple of things I noticed from Amy's video (some of which have been mentioned):

• "Chris doesn't like onion in his potato salad" - while she adds more than just a little bit of onion AND onion powder!  I think that's indicative right there of how she doesn't care HOW he likes things around the house.  If she wants onion, he's going to get onion.
  • 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder ≠ 1/2 cup!!!
  • She actually corrected her pronunciation of "paparika"!!!!  She CAN speak better.
  • Who slices a stalk of celery vertically before laying it down on the cutting board to chop it the rest of the way?
  • She needs to organize her ingredients better so she'll know what she has added (like the dry mustard).  When I have a lot of ingredients, I line them up from left to right where I'm working (in the order they appear in the recipe), and then as I use each ingredient, I push it farther away when I'm done with it.  "Wahla" as Amy would say.

When we make potato salad, we leave the skins on.  Also, we always make potato salad a day early so that the flavors have a chance to meld together better before serving.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

When we make potato salad, we leave the skins on. 

This is kind of a style thing. When my mom made potato salad,, she peeled the potatoes first. When my brother came back from fancy culinary school, he would leave skins on because thats how you do it in fancy culinary school. (you also leave skins on in mashed potatoes apparently).

18 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I just watched a 3 minute video of Ina Garten making potato salad, and I can see where Amy is trying to be Ina Garten with her videos.  The way she adds salt (with her fingers), the way she chops things with a knife - all similar to the way Ina does things.  And Ina even took a piece of potato out of her potato salad with her bare fingers, took a bite out of it, put the uneaten part on the counter, and then used the SAME hand (with the dressing from the potato salad on her fingers) and got another pinch of salt.  

A couple of things I noticed from Amy's video (some of which have been mentioned):

• "Chris doesn't like onion in his potato salad" - while she adds more than just a little bit of onion AND onion powder!  I think that's indicative right there of how she doesn't care HOW he likes things around the house.  If she wants onion, he's going to get onion.
  • 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder ≠ 1/2 cup!!!
  • She actually corrected her pronunciation of "paparika"!!!!  She CAN speak better.
  • Who slices a stalk of celery vertically before laying it down on the cutting board to chop it the rest of the way?
  • She needs to organize her ingredients better so she'll know what she has added (like the dry mustard).  When I have a lot of ingredients, I line them up from left to right where I'm working (in the order they appear in the recipe), and then as I use each ingredient, I push it farther away when I'm done with it.  "Wahla" as Amy would say.

When we make potato salad, we leave the skins on.  Also, we always make potato salad a day early so that the flavors have a chance to meld together better before serving.  

Thank you for listing all of those astute observations about Amy's cooking protocol. I noticed many errors and confusing instructions but I don't have the patience to list all of them. From the recipe amounts to the ingredients. 

She's all over the map. She can't remember if she already put stoneground mustard in the mayo/oil. So what the hell...just add more. A teaspoon of hot chili (?) powder (or some other powder) which looked like a lot more than a teaspoon because it WAS!

I do however, thank her for providing me with cooking comedy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Who slices a stalk of celery vertically before laying it down on the cutting board to chop it the rest of the way?

My daughter and her MIL.  The grandkids only want really small pieces of celery in things.  

44 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She needs to organize her ingredients better so she'll know what she has added (like the dry mustard).  When I have a lot of ingredients, I line them up from left to right where I'm working (in the order they appear in the recipe), and then as I use each ingredient, I push it farther away when I'm done with it.  "Wahla" as Amy would say.

Cooking 101, right?

I will skip right over Amy's recipe because she put vinegar in it (on the written recipe.)  The things that I tolerate having vinegar in is very, very short.  

• Love 3
Just now, Absolom said:

My daughter and her MIL.  The grandkids only want really small pieces of celery in things.  

I don't have a problem with really small pieces, but it was holding the stalk vertically to slice it lengthwise, rather than laying it down on the board to slice it.

Seems to me you could also control how evenly in half the lengthwise slice is if it's laying down on the board, rather than having the knife floating through the air.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I don't have a problem with really small pieces, but it was holding the stalk vertically to slice it lengthwise, rather than laying it down on the board to slice it.

Seems to me you could also control how evenly in half the lengthwise slice is if it's laying down on the board, rather than having the knife floating through the air.

I can't tolerate watching the videos so I had no idea she basically cut it in the air.  Now that is really weird.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Just to ease your mind, undercooked pork is no longer considered particularly dangerous. Cases of trichinosis hardly exist in the US due to restrictions on what pigs are fed.  There are even chefs advocating medium rare cuts these days. Not sure I'd try that but you're much more likely to get E coli. Or Covid. 

I’ve been reading that pork on the pink side is okay. I think as long as it reaches a certain temp.  Anyway, I’ve had it that way at a friend’s house, prepared by her husband, who is an excellent cook,  and all was well.  What I am very careful about is poultry.  I go to extreme measures with that.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Agreed.

Capture.JPG

That was one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen in a cooking video 😳

i can’t imagine why she cuts it that way when it would be so much easier and safer to just lay it flat and slice it 🤷‍♀️ 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve been reading that pork on the pink side is okay. I think as long as it reaches a certain temp.  Anyway, I’ve had it that way at a friend’s house, prepared by her husband, who is an excellent cook,  and all was well.  What I am very careful about is poultry.  I go to extreme measures with that.  

Still be careful, my oldest daughter works the emergency room at VGH and every BBQ season they get cases of food poisoning from undercooked pork as well as chicken.  🤢

• Love 3
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

While it seems she has had her knives sharpened (finally), her knife skills are terrible. She will cut her finger on camera sooner or later because her talking distracts her. I'm curious if she'll just wipe off the blood and carry on or actually stop and throw away the food as she should. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

. I'm curious if she'll just wipe off the blood and carry on or actually stop and throw away the food as she should. 

That might be the moment she has Lisa edit Little Amy's cooking videos.

• LOL 1

Oh, no; more pork!

I swear she just hits "record" every time she walks into the kitchen to fix something to eat.  Next she'll be monetizing the daily brushing of her teeth in the bathroom.

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Still no mention of Chris since she retuned home. 🤷🏼‍♀️

He appears in the pork chop video, probably slamming back some of that vodka.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Amy must have 10 jars of garlic powder in her house. She uses it on everything! 

At least!

I swear she tosses 1/2 cup of garlic powder into every meal she makes… fried chicken GARLIC, Meat loaf GARLIC, potato salad GARLIC, Cod in fennel sauce GARLIC, Scrambed Eggs GARLIC, Twice baked potatoes A TON of GARLIC!!!

Her breath would knock Godzilla on his ass! 🦖

• LOL 7

I can't get over the amount of garlic powder she put on those chops.  So they bought 1/2 a pig from Matt.  Yeah, they are all buddies.  Vodka really doesn't have much taste so not sure how that added to her Shiitake mushroom sauce.  Also, she had four chops and used all the sauce on just the two.  

• Love 6