Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Yikes. I watched the pepper chopping in the corny beef hash video. Amy really needs to learn how to use a knife. The knife was sharp, and I'm surprised she didn't take off the end of a finger when she was attacking those peppers with her fingers splayed out so near the moving knife. I kept yelling to her to curl in her fingers. Of course, she's talking and not watching what she's doing (or listening to me). I wonder if she'd even notice if she lost a chunk of finger. Everything gets scooped up into the bowl and then into the frying pan. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly I think we all knew it would be at Matt’s farm and all the back and forth was just for the show and even in the interview Amy is still trying to make it seem like the only reason for having it at the farm is because of the uncertainty of covid. 🙄

Sure. Its obviously being done at the farm for the money. I can't blame Amy for coming up with a story to justify it... or do you really believe Matt offered the farm for free and would do so without TLC filming? Everyone is getting a check and everyone is telling a lie about their motivations.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I find it ridiculous and unappetizing that she would mention the mouse.  Just leave that part out Amy.  You are doing a cooking video, who wants to hear that you had a mouse running around just as you are starting to cook🤢  

At least she didn’t cook the mouse 😂

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

At least she didn’t cook the mouse 😂

Do we know that? Amy seems to throw into her recipes whatever she can find around the kitchen.  As long as she can cover it with a ton of garlic and a jar of pa-per-'ree-ka, it's good to go. 

Oh, I'm kidding. But I bet My Man would eat just about anything she put in front of him. He probably doesn't bother to ask what it is anymore. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I became impatient when watching that "corn" beef hash video. Amy wasted 12 minutes yammering about that leak and the mouse. Just start the recipe already!! She also looked like she didn't take a shower and wash her hair yet. She really looked sloppy in that video. Her hair looked oily and greasy too. I don't like "ends" hanging down around your face when you're in the kitchen cooking...especially when making a video for all to see. Another fail...just awful.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I became impatient when watching that "corn" beef hash video. Amy wasted 12 minutes yammering about that leak and the mouse. Just start the recipe already!! She also looked like she didn't take a shower and wash her hair yet. She really looked sloppy in that video. Her hair looked oily and greasy too. I don't like "ends" hanging down around your face when you're in the kitchen cooking...especially when making a video for all to see. Another fail...just awful.

Well I just want to thank you for sitting through her cooking videos and reporting back to us. I thank all of you who do, because I just can't.  As someone who has a touch of OCD and a germaphobe, I can tell you that her videos would give me nightmares of being chased by little germs that look like Amy. Lol. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

They keep her hair clean on the show!  No scenes with that greasy, dirty hair stuck to her forehead!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

It makes you wonder, doesn't it?  Does the show bring a hairdresser?  Is it in the contract to have freshly done hair?  What is the difference in her mind in preparing for filming for TV and preparing for a cooking video?

In my case I washed and did my hair this morning just to talk to the gardener for two minutes because I wouldn't want him thinking I'm a slob.  I'd pull out rollers or curl spritz for a video that hundreds might watch or would be online in perpetuity.  

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I washed and did my hair this morning just to talk to the gardener for two minutes because I wouldn't want him thinking I'm a slob

You are f'n awesome Absolom!! 😊

I think TLC does have make up/hair people. I can hear Amy screaming and kicking all the way to the shampoo station!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

What’s sort of ironic about the “corn” beef video is that somebody has finally figured out how to edit and cut videos, but left all that talk about a drowning and eventually dead mouse in there...WHY?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I wonder what kind of shoes she will wear with her wedding gown? She always seems to be wearing boots of some sort. Are her feet misshapen due to her dwarfism? Her lower legs are strange looking..large, but the front of them sort of sinks in?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I keep telling myself I'm not going to watch any more of her videos, but you guys get me sucked in.

As she was telling the story of how they had the leak in the kitchen and the dead mouse, my thought was, "Yep.  That's how a plumber/exterminator would look after fixing a leak/removing a dead mouse.  But WHO would allow someone who LOOKS like they just fixed a leak/removed a dead mouse to immediately start to cook?" 

She said that Chris had turned off the water heater before starting.  From the look of her, he must not have turned it back on so she could shower 12 HOURS LATER before "going to work" (since cooking videos appear to be part of her job).

If you look up "oblivious" in the dictionary, here's the picture that supports the definition.

Capture.JPG

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

So she was cooking at her dad's house then?

The “corn” beef video was at Amy’s house.

I thought Amy was just pronouncing it that way, but I didn’t realize that was how the actual video was titled. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I got used to seeing Amy look  disheveled in most of her cooking videos but mentioning  the mouse and then saying let's make some "CORN beef" hash 🤢  If I had that mess in my kitchen I would telling "my man" I'm not making anything we are going out to eat tonight.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I wish she would start her videos by washing her hands on camera because I think a lot of us are concerned that she doesn't do that.

Well, she doesn't brush her hair on camera, and it's pretty obvious that she's not doing it off camera either, so I would assume the hand-washing falls into the same category.  If you don't see it being done, she's not doing it before filming her "how-to" videos.  

That's one of the things that astounds me about those who think her food looks great and her kitchen skills are amazing.  If what she does and how she looks doing it looks GOOD to these people, imagine what their own personal hygiene habits might be.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Who in their right mind would even talk about rodents in their kitchen while doing a cooking video. Omg! Can you just picture Martha Stewart discussing vermin as she is whipping up meringue?  NOT.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Who in their right mind would even talk about rodents in their kitchen while doing a cooking video. Omg! Can you just picture Martha Stewart discussing vermin as she is whipping up meringue?  NOT.

I found myself wondering things like:

• In what state of decomposition was the mouse?  (She said they think it chewed through the drain hose from the dishwasher, and that just started leaking, so it can't have been dead for long.)
  • Would she recognize mouse droppings around her kitchen as a sign of a potential infestation?  
  • Are they going to have a professional exterminator look the place over?  Mice rarely travel alone.
  • Why do I (1) wonder these things, and (2) take the time to post these thoughts?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
Just now, AZChristian said:

I found myself wondering things like:

• In what state of decomposition was the mouse?  (She said they think it chewed through the drain hose from the dishwasher, and that just started leaking, so it can't have been dead for long.)
  • Would she recognize mouse droppings around her kitchen as a sign of a potential infestation?  
  • Are they going to have a professional exterminator look the place over?  Mice rarely travel alone.
  • Why do I (1) wonder these things, and (2) take the time to post these thoughts?

You're probably not the only one who thinks of these things. They are stow aways from the farm. Or part of her  collections.

Edited by Spazamanaz
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Because (1) inquiring minds want to know.  (2) Amy's cooking and hygiene are comedy gold! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

😱

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/25/2021 at 8:00 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly I think we all knew it would be at Matt’s farm and all the back and forth was just for the show and even in the interview Amy is still trying to make it seem like the only reason for having it at the farm is because of the uncertainty of covid. 🙄

Idk. Quite a few scoffed at my prediction last year....of course, it’s still subject to change.  They’ll try to build suspense.  I’m still not sure how they can keep secret until it airs on the actual episode. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

You're probably not the only one who thinks of these things. They are stow aways from the farm. Or part of her  collections.

They seriously could have been transported from the farm in her myriad boxes.  Do her neighbors have mouse infestations?  Looks like an upper-class suburb...

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I could picture Amy's clown collection with dead mice around the clowns. Maybe a dead mouse in one of the hundreds of coffee mugs she's collected. 

"Send in the Clowns."  And the exterminators.

• LOL 10
22 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Did Amy say if her dad was going to walk her down the aisle at the wedding?  Also wondering if they will have a ring bearer and flower girl.  

I'm most excited about seeing Chris's family. They have obviously stayed out of the spotlight so far. Maybe they are not interested in being part of this. Or maybe there are only 5 people in Chris's family. Whatever the case may be, I'm watching the wedding.

I want to see the goldfish in a tuxedo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Did Amy say if her dad was going to walk her down the aisle at the wedding?  Also wondering if they will have a ring bearer and flower girl.  

Audrey posted a couple of months ago that "Ember is going to be the flower girl at Mimi's wedding".  I am sure Jackson also has a role.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

From my understanding (and Google), enchiladas and burritos are two different things in more ways than one (and those different things have nothing to do with how fully they are stuffed).  There's really nothing to "argue" about.

"One of the main differences between enchiladas and burritos is that the enchilada is usually made with corn tortillas and the burrito is made with flour. The second difference between the two is that you eat enchiladas with a fork. They are covered in (smothered with) sauce. Burritos can be hand held food."

Of course, I would not be surprised to see Amy eating an enchilada with her hands.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

My last ‘happy hour’ on the deck, at the cabin,  at the beach on Lake Michigan (on this trip) ♥️ The number of days I got to be w/ my Dad just don’t seem enough and yet I’m grateful for the last 7 days I got to hang out with him and share some special moments with.  The best time every time.  I’ve been coming up north and spending time at the cabin for so many years, it’s just a part of who I am.  And it never gets old.  A cabin my father built w/ some help but for the most part he built himself. Anyway… I could go on and on.  I love my home state, the lakes, the cabin and cottage not just because it’s a place but because of the memories I have and cherish and keep close to my heart.  I love my Dad and the memories of my Mom are everywhere ♥️. And to too it off I escape the unheard of hot weather in the Portland area.  I’m thankful for so much. My prayer and hope is that my Dad will make it to my wedding.  Now time to get head south and get ready to head back ‘home’ to Oregon.  I love traveling.  I’m grateful I get to come back to Michigan. My ‘home’ in Oregon calls me back and in three days I’ll be heading back. Never good-bye but til I see you again.  I’m counting my blessings.  Love my family ♥️ Thanks for letting me just share some thoughts.  🤗#storyofamyrandchrism #puremichigan #thecabin #lakemichigan #fatherdaughtertime #allaboutfamily #myhomestate #greatlakes #cookingformydad #loveleftovers #myheart #inmichigan #inoregon

0590940B-3C0A-4916-B563-8F39FB6B4F87.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)

Someone in another forum,, back when early episodes were discussed used to refer to "Amy's drunk dad."  It's true he always seems to have a drink in hand!  Must be where Amy gets her fondness for the ubiquitous glass of wine, which probably accounts for some of her more disorganized videos.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

What does this have to do with time spent with her dad?

And what will the hashtag be after the wedding?  storyofamymandchrism, or just storyofamyandchrism?

I wonder if her fans are smart enough to find her online if her last name isn't Roloff.

• Love 3