Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Just now, riverblue22 said:

If Amy has trouble saying certain words, she could make light of it by printing out the word on a card and holding it up to the audience so they know what word she is trying to say.  Her cooking videos could certainly use some staging and planning.

We grew up eating cold meatloaf sandwiches, but as an adult with my own meatloaf I prefer it reheated for a second dinner.

I love Amy's idea of soup nights and I'm going to steal it.  I am so bad at putting together a nice dinner and entertaining at the same time.  This way I can do the crockpot thing and have very little last minute stuff to prepare.

I thought the same thing, soup nights is a great idea. You could also do chili. And the sides are endless- salads, buns, rolls or breadsticks, sandwiches or grilled cheese, etc.

Themes like Italian night, serve a tomato raviolI soup with caesar salad and garlic bread or garlic sticks.

Amy has a good idea! Who'd have thunk it?!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

If Amy has trouble saying certain words, she could make light of it by printing out the word on a card and holding it up to the audience so they know what word she is trying to say.  Her cooking videos could certainly use some staging and planning.

We grew up eating cold meatloaf sandwiches, but as an adult with my own meatloaf I prefer it reheated for a second dinner.

I love Amy's idea of soup nights and I'm going to steal it.  I am so bad at putting together a nice dinner and entertaining at the same time.  This way I can do the crockpot thing and have very little last minute stuff to prepare.

I like Amy’s soup night too.  I think it would be a fun thing to do with friends (as long as everything is made safely and not too much paprika....I do love garlic, just not as much as Amy lol).  I wonder if Amy and the gang take turns hosting events or this is all Amy’s deal? 

Also, was Amy a teacher/aide (I’m not sure of her exact position) when she was still on the show or was it before?  If it was on the show does anyone know which season(s)?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We used to do soup lunches at work during the winter months. We would each bring an ingredient from whatever recipe was pulled for that week’s “Souper Tuesday”.

The soup was cooked in crockpots throughout the morning snf was ready by lunchtime, 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I’m interested in seeing how Amy is with Chris after they get married.  I’m curious how Amy will react if Chris and Matt get closer in their “friendship” unless that’s being played up for the cameras.  I think Chris enjoys the perks of the show, that he and Amy enjoy the same hobbies, and the fact that Amy is financially independent.

Hopefully, once she gets married, Amy will be happy and have a good marriage this time around.  I think she’s lucky in that this show has afforded her a good lifestyle, she seems to be in good health, and seems to have met a guy she loves and I think treats her well. I hope she realizes how fortunate she is and enjoys her “Second Act”. For as much as I joke about those recipe videos, I do hope she finds happiness with Chris.

• Love 8

Amy’s issues with spelling and pronunciation strike me as evidence of a mild or moderate learning disability or linguistic disorder. She doesn’t have a speech impediment, per se, although she and Zach both have some issues with tongue thrust, mouth breathing, and orthodontics that I assume are a result of achondroplasia. I would guess Amy is within a standard deviation of average, IQ-wise, but she has a tenuous relationship with phonemes. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Amy’s issues with spelling and pronunciation strike me as evidence of a mild or moderate learning disability or linguistic disorder. She doesn’t have a speech impediment, per se, although she and Zach both have some issues with tongue thrust, mouth breathing, and orthodontics that I assume are a result of achondroplasia. I would guess Amy is within a standard deviation of average, IQ-wise, but she has a tenuous relationship with phonemes. 

Zach seems to have the same challenges with pronunciation.  I still remember Tori falling out over his "glucosamine," and she's ridiculed his mangling of a few other words in recent seasons.  Chip off the old block?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Zach seems to have the same challenges with pronunciation.  I still remember Tori falling out over his "glucosamine," and she's ridiculed his mangling of a few other words in recent seasons.  Chip off the old block?

Most likely! Probably nature and nurture. Other than Molly, they don’t seem to be a “school” family. 

• Love 5
On 6/18/2021 at 7:16 PM, riverblue22 said:

I met a family a few years back who threw a giant soup gathering once a year in the end of January in very snowy Ohio. They would invite a ton of people, have a few different kinds of soups and breads, people would bring more to the party. They would coordinate who needed a burner, who had a crock pot, that sort of thing, and everyone just served themselves up paper cups of soups and snacked on breads and baked goods. The kids ran around, the adults visited, and everyone had a great and filling day!

• Love 9

I don't equate Zach and Amy's mispronunciations to the same issue. Zach may have oral issues which relates to his pronunciation; I don't see that present in Amy. Her oral situation is not like her son's.  I think it's just "Amy".

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Actually I think Zach's often "slushy" way of speaking is due to his hearing issues. 

He doesn't have a hearing impairment, as far as I know; he has/had tubes placed and is prone to earaches related to swimming.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Beg to differ. There was an entire, somewhat offensive episode devoted to Zach's hearing issues. It involved multiple "funny" examples of Zach not hearing things and surgery to repair his ear drum.

eta The episode is "Zach's Ear", season 8, episode 18

Edited by EllaWycliffe

If Zach has hearing issues, (which I didn't know) no one should call him out for the way he speaks. His speech should be off limits for comment. This, is my opinion.

Ok, Amy...I watched that awful Bolognese Sauce video. Didn't she say that they were having friends over? The why was Chris sitting at the table eating alone?

Wipe your nose with your hand, Amy then lick your finger to get the tomato paste off too...raw tomato paste is not delicious.

She absolutely massacred the word bolognese. I'm Italian so I don't expect everyone to pronounce it exactly correct. Pay attention Amy..."bowl - onion- aise seh" (like mayonnaise with a 'seh' on the end. In Italian, vowels such as 'e' are prounouced.

Or an English version, quite acceptable is:  bowl - on - aise....ryhmes with mayonnaise. How she came up with that one...is unimaginable. It's not hard to do a little pronunciation research. The paste she used is pronounced  "book - ah- tee-nee" . Those "other" strange noodles that she wanted to use were tagliatelle.  Tal-E-Ah- Tell- EE. Once again, do a little research. I don't know o fa  bolognese sauce that contains cream; it's more of a beef-brothy sauce in my experience. Well, better luck next time, Ms. Roloff...oh and please check your clock; prepare the tedious slicing and dicing for off camera before you begin to video and be on time with your dish for the company coming that we never saw at the table.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Maybe Chris was having a pre-dinner snack.   I agree about the chopping and dicing.  This should be done before she begins the video because it's boring to watch.  And she shouldn't lick her finger, not wash it, then dip it into the herb jar.  🙄  She must not look at comments unless she's being praised.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Didn't she say that they were having friends over? The why was Chris sitting at the table eating alone?

I think that part was the next day and they were eating the leftovers.  Amy was wearing a different top.

• Useful 3

They do have a great resemblance.  Again, she needs to reread what she types before sending.  I'm glad she gets to spend some time with him especially since his wife/her mother has passed.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't equate Zach and Amy's mispronunciations to the same issue. Zach may have oral issues which relates to his pronunciation; I don't see that present in Amy. Her oral situation is not like her son's.  I think it's just "Amy".

It could be Zach just talks like Amy. My oldest nephew had a speech impediment. His brother who is 3 years younger learned to talk from him and they both passed it on to the youngest who is 7 years younger than the oldest. It was a vicious cycle. We just need Zach to say parmesan to test. I could swear I saw an episode with Molly back in the day and she mangled the pronunciation of parmesan too. 

• Useful 3
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

Again, she needs to reread what she types before sending.   

Yes!  She said he's had an impact on her LINE!  Yes, I know she meant LIFE, but she should have reread before posting.  She does this all the time!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Yes!  She said he's had an impact on her LINE!  Yes, I know she meant LIFE, but she should have reread before posting.  She does this all the time!

Yes. She probably has some followers who take her words literally and they were all trying to find some cocaine to take with them when they visit their dads!

• LOL 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

I don't see any similarity in their looks.

For one thing IMO they have completely different noses

Edited by LucyEth
left out the word different
  • Love 1

I think their personalities are more similar than their looks.  However, Jeremy is the spitting image of her brother!  At first I thought she was referring to her "line" of marketable products...like maybe a flavor of fudge that's an old family recipe.

"Michigan Maraschino" or some such.

BTW, I said Amy and Tori purport to be educators; I didn't call them educators myself.  However, if indeed Amy interacted with four-year-olds (reading aloud to them, hopefully without mangling the language), then she should have some inkling that Jackson's speech is somewhat delayed.  Same for Tori.  Neither one have to be Rhodes scholars to have worked professionally with preschool kids. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think Amy and her dad have the same teeth/smile.  Can anyone tell me what “Loved se hangout” means or is it just a typo and she was spending time with her sister?

I think se = to.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

For one thing IMO they have completely noses

😂 

31 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Amy has more tinkles than her dad! TIme to look into Botox or other fillers or um… plexaderm??!

she pees more than her dad? 😂

sorry Lucyeth and teriacky….I know they’re just  typos but they made me laugh! 😂

• LOL 8
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

😂

she pees more than her dad? 😂

sorry Lucyeth and teriacky….I know they’re just  typos but they made me laugh! 😂

LOL!! they are I mean they have completely different noses!🤣

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Amy has more tinkles than her dad! TIme to look into Botox or other fillers or um… plexaderm??!

Haha! I love your "tinkles" typo so I'm going to run with it! Maybe Amy needs Depends for her tinkles and Plexaderm for her wrinkles.

And for anyone who has seen the Plexaderm commercial, model "Richie" looks like he's right in Amy's age group. Sugar Momma waiting for you Richie! 

• LOL 5
On 6/20/2021 at 2:29 PM, floridamom said:

If Zach has hearing issues, (which I didn't know) no one should call him out for the way he speaks. His speech should be off limits for comment. This, is my opinion.

Ok, Amy...I watched that awful Bolognese Sauce video. Didn't she say that they were having friends over? The why was Chris sitting at the table eating alone?

Wipe your nose with your hand, Amy then lick your finger to get the tomato paste off too...raw tomato paste is not delicious.

She absolutely massacred the word bolognese. I'm Italian so I don't expect everyone to pronounce it exactly correct. Pay attention Amy..."bowl - onion- aise seh" (like mayonnaise with a 'seh' on the end. In Italian, vowels such as 'e' are prounouced.

Or an English version, quite acceptable is:  bowl - on - aise....ryhmes with mayonnaise. How she came up with that one...is unimaginable. It's not hard to do a little pronunciation research. The paste she used is pronounced  "book - ah- tee-nee" . Those "other" strange noodles that she wanted to use were tagliatelle.  Tal-E-Ah- Tell- EE. Once again, do a little research. I don't know o fa  bolognese sauce that contains cream; it's more of a beef-brothy sauce in my experience. Well, better luck next time, Ms. Roloff...oh and please check your clock; prepare the tedious slicing and dicing for off camera before you begin to video and be on time with your dish for the company coming that we never saw at the table.

One of my pet peeves is when a person who is handling food for others licks their fingers.....omg🤢  It ruins it for me and I no longer want that food.  It seems these people develop this habit as children and they never stopped.  When around others you wipe the food away from your fingers with a clean towel or wash it.  Even if they don’t revisit the food with their licked fingers, it doesn’t matter.  The contamination thought has already been introduced.   Ok. I know I’m weird, but I think others feel this way too.  

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/20/2021 at 3:41 PM, Fostersmom said:

It could be Zach just talks like Amy. My oldest nephew had a speech impediment. His brother who is 3 years younger learned to talk from him and they both passed it on to the youngest who is 7 years younger than the oldest. It was a vicious cycle. We just need Zach to say parmesan to test. I could swear I saw an episode with Molly back in the day and she mangled the pronunciation of parmesan too. 

Children learn to speak by imitating what they hear.  If they hear words mispronounced on a regular basis, that mispronunciation tends to become the "right" way to say something until they are taught differently.

I wonder whether Amy's parents (mis)prounounced "parmesian" or "rhubar cris" . . . etc., etc., etc.

My 8th grade science teacher taught us about the "piTITuary" gland, and that's how a whole generation of junior high students in my area tended to pronounce it as a result.  

I was once the pianist for our children's choir at church.  The woman teaching a song started to teach the kids the phrase, "Oncst I was blind, but now I can see."  The first time she did it, I felt fingernails on the chalkboard of my ears.  The second time, I stopped playing, went up to her and said very quietly, "The word 'once' doesn't end with 'st'; we don't want the kids to learn to sing incorrectly."  She thanked me, told the kids that she was mispronouncing a word, and started teaching them the correct pronunciation.

Amy is too lazy, stubborn, or disrespectful of her audience to use correct pronunciations.  SURELY someone has mentioned her errors to her.  JMO.

ETA:  We were watching "American Ninja Warrior" last night and a funny thought popped into my mind.  If Amy married one of the hosts (Akbar Gbajabiamila), she probably would NEVER be able to pronounce it.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Let us not forget "fustrated," which both Amy and Zach mispronounce.  That was the only word I noticed (for years) until she delved into the culinary arts with all its exotic terms like Parmesan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

There are so many mispronunciations where I live....lol....I don’t let it bother me any longer.  I don’t profess to be perfect either, but what does get me is when professional speakers like journalists, professors, etc. misuse “regards” as opposed to “regard.”   Drives me crazy....I’m not sure why.🤷‍♀️   

• Love 2

To clarify, I meant that Amy and Zach’s achondroplasia seem to contribute to their mouth breathing and inability to eat with their mouths closed. (At least I hope that’s the reason — otherwise they’re just being gross.) I don’t think it has anything to do with intelligence or verbal skills.

There may be some physiological effects on their speech as well, but I haven’t noticed. Zach probably has some hearing loss. That can affect pronunciation, but it doesn’t result in the same type of errors as people make when they either have a learning/speech disorder and/or come from a place where a markedly non-standard dialect is spoken (like the people who say “I seen” instead of “I saw.”) It usually presents as more flattened sounds with less clear enunciation, but not much outright mispronunciation. (Does anyone remember The Voyage of the Mimi? One of the characters on that series was a good example.)

Amy’s mangling of figures of speech and dropping or twisting consonants seem like hallmarks of someone with a mild speech or language processing disorder. IOW, the issue is in the brain, rather than the mouth. I’m not calling her stupid — like I said above, see seems average and a generally functional adult with an apparently strong immune system. I think she’s just not especially gifted in the language area, which is fine. It’s no different from someone not being good at math or sports or cooking. It’s just noticeable because she’s been on TV and social media so much. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I tend to have trouble with some words because my vocabulary has come more from reading than from listening. I don't see Amy as a big reader, but who knows. I write out troublesome words phonetically until I learn the pronunciation. 

"[A]n apparently strong immune system" made me LOL. 

On 6/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, Irate Panda said:

Also, was Amy a teacher/aide (I’m not sure of her exact position) when she was still on the show or was it before?  If it was on the show does anyone know which season(s)?

Yes, she was a preschool teacher. I don't remember what seasons. I think it was in the early seasons. I don't know if she has any special training though in Early Childhood Education because I thought she said that her college degree is in Business and she was originally going to go into Hotel /restaurant management.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Amy is too lazy, stubborn, or disrespectful of her audience to use correct pronunciations.  SURELY someone has mentioned her errors to her.  JMO.

Amy loves Amy. Even "MyMan" can never love her as much as she loves herself. 

1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

When I scroll down a see a pic with her hair, I know her face is about to follow. 

😂😂 The Scream painting comes to mind. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1