Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

So they're camping along the way?

Well...maybe she’s wants to try out the bed of pine needles fantasy she was yammering about in that one episode lol 😂 

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

One has to wonder about the hygiene habits of people who think that what Amy does is acceptable. 

I heard The Slaton Sisters are big fans of Amy's cooking. (JK!)

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Amy will be slinging hash over that campfire. She packed her jars of powered garlic, red pepper, and Old Bay to spice things up. 

Don't forget the papparika and parmesian cheese!!!

• LOL 7
(edited)

Ok.  I rarely watch the show but keep up with the family by coming here to read your sharp/funny/snarky comments.  Thank you for keeping me updated!  🙂

I've also never watched an Amy cooking video, but always assumed some of you were being extremely critical of Amy's videos because of the overall Amy-ness of them.  And then I watched the twice-baked potato video and oh my!  What prompted me to post is when she went back for more salt with her potato-covered fingers.  Ugh!!!  So that means now potatoes are in the salt.  That's so gross!!!

There are many things wrong with the video, but you all have said it all!  The salt/potato contamination incident just skeeved me out so I thought I'd make sure everybody saw that particular move.  Ugh.

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

I've only watched one of Amy's cooking videos, and I can't remember what she was making. I think I must have blocked it from my memory to avoid PTSD.  I will never watch another one, just reading about them here is enough. And to those here who do watch and report to us... Bless You!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

That’s a dab of butter on steak??? That was like a tablespoon of butter.

She wasn’t going to use garlic... and then she put it on the steak and in the butter 🙄.

How are they not getting food poisoning daily???

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

I was completely grossed out with her "twice baked potatoes." I hope people who watch her videos aren't stupid enough to make these unhealthy foods. 

#MO BUTTER MO SALT #HEARTATTACK

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

some reactions on Instagram

amy2.png

amy1.png

amy4.png

I already knew she didn't care much about hygiene, but I didn't know the extent of her filthiness until I watched this video...yuck!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jenny8 said:

I already knew she didn't care much about hygiene, but I didn't know the extent of her filthiness until I watched this video...yuck!

Same here, I knew Amy was sloppy and disorganized when she cooks but this steak video was so ridiculous and risky.... doesn’t she know how dangerous it is to put your cooked steaks back in the slime and blood from the raw meat!?!.... she also used the tongs to pick up the raw meat and then used them on the cooked meat... digging around in the salt and pepper pots after handling raw meat was another problem. 🤮 

she has a sink right behind her, wash your freaking hands and tongs, then get a fresh plate for the cooked meat! 🙄

• Love 9

I wonder if Amy has any responsibility as far as presenting unsafe practices in the videos she sells to youtube.

What if some poor soul actually followed her lead and got sick!  

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if Amy has any responsibility as far as presenting unsafe practices in the videos she sells to youtube.

What if some poor soul actually followed her lead and got sick!  

I mean, people post videos on youtube of themselves doing all sorts of stupid unsafe activities up to and including eating Tide pods so.... I'm thinking no.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, people post videos on youtube of themselves doing all sorts of stupid unsafe activities up to and including eating Tide pods so.... I'm thinking no.

Yes I’m sure people post all kinds of  ridiculous things on YouTube and tictoc. However I hold Amy being a mother of four and making a living shilling her cooking videos to a higher standard.   Guess that’s just too much to hope for. 

• Love 7

Why? What does being a mother have to do with it?

People make their living off making videos of themselves eating tide pods. Amy's cooking videos just sound gross (although honestly most home cooks lick fingers and cross contaminate ingredients, home cooks aren't professional cooks and aren't held to professional cooking standards) but why is her status as a  mother leading to a higher standard? I'm sure the tide pod eaters have bred children....

• Love 2

Presumably the purpose of Amy's videos is to get people to buy her cookbook. That's a lot different than a kid eating Tide Pods for laughs.

There are tons of home chefs trying to make it on YouTube. Many of them are able to demonstrate proper safety precautions in the kitchen. They also have far better recording and editing techniques. Amy is extremely lucky she already has a built-in fan base, otherwise I doubt she'd get much traction on YouTube.

• Love 11

As I was prepping some crockpot chicken and vegetable soup today, I realized just how unsanitary Amy's cooking habits are.

Let's review the potato video.  She touched most of the ingredients with her bare hands, and you could still see remnants of one thing when she touched the next.  Can you imagine what her "frigerator" door,  and her drawers and cabinet handles look like?  Yuck!!!!

She's also picking up bacteria that have grown on those handles since the last time she deposited partially cooked food on them.

I remember a few months ago that she mentioned that she had been feeling ill (and, in trying to assure her followers that she didn't have covid) that it was a stomach-related ailment.

After watching a few of her videos, I can understand why.

Also . . . why tell someone she's adding 1/4 cup of something when she's obviously pouring in 2/3 to 3/4 cup?  How can people "replicate" her "amazing" dishes when they actually have no idea how much of anything to include?

Embarrassing.  And disgusting.

• Love 16
32 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

As I was prepping some crockpot chicken and vegetable soup today, I realized just how unsanitary Amy's cooking habits are.

Let's review the potato video.  She touched most of the ingredients with her bare hands, and you could still see remnants of one thing when she touched the next.  Can you imagine what her "frigerator" door,  and her drawers and cabinet handles look like?  Yuck!!!!

She's also picking up bacteria that have grown on those handles since the last time she deposited partially cooked food on them.

I remember a few months ago that she mentioned that she had been feeling ill (and, in trying to assure her followers that she didn't have covid) that it was a stomach-related ailment.

After watching a few of her videos, I can understand why.

Also . . . why tell someone she's adding 1/4 cup of something when she's obviously pouring in 2/3 to 3/4 cup?  How can people "replicate" her "amazing" dishes when they actually have no idea how much of anything to include?

Embarrassing.  And disgusting.

ETA:  And what's with the microwave that is so far over her head that - even when she's standing on one of her kitchen stools - the hot food is still way over her head while she's taking it out?

THAT is a tragedy waiting to happen.

• Love 8

Amy could measure out the ingredients according to the recipe and put them in small bowls. She could have all her plates and utensils lined up and ready to use. She could read the recipe and know what to do. She could practice new techniques in advance. 

But, no. She chooses not to do any of these things. She wants to wing it and run around the kitchen grabbing random stuff to throw into bowls and hot pans. A spoonful soon becomes a cup. 

I bet a lot of the finished food from these videos is awful. Chris probably has a pizza hotline to call so he will have something to eat. As for the friends and family Amy invites over for her dinner parties, I can only imagine how they struggle. 

Her baking demos involve too much scraping, licking, lip smacking, and splattering. However, with baking, ingredients and temperatures have to be fairly precise in order to work. Why does she think savory food is so very different? 

• Love 11
(edited)

I haven’t watched any of Amy’s cooking, unless it was aired on the show. I’m pretty sure it would tick me off or gross me out.  I’ll admit that at least a few people have called me a germaphobe and that was before covid. Lol.  I bleach my sink and counters at least once a week and and anytime I prepare meat.  I even stop part way way through cooking poultry and wash my utensil that has touched the raw poultry.  Maybe a little extreme, but contamination is serious.  I guess that no one has gotten sick from contamination, so Amy doesn’t think about it.  But, I see professional chefs do weird stuff too on tv shows where they seem to use marinades that has contained raw meat and it’s not cooked well.  And don’t get me started on dirty hands on the food....omg...

And while I’m here, may I get some input on how to handle dining at friends homes who have cats?  They love their cats and the cats are allowed to walk on the kitchen counters and dining room table!  I was never used to this. My cats were not allowed to do this. But, every friend I have with cats does allow it without reservation.  So far, I just deal...but it’s difficult.  Is it me?  I just don’t get it.  Am I overreacting?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 2

People are crazy to allow their cats on tables and counters, especially if the cats are allowed outside.  Cats are clean, but they could still be carrying germs on their paws.  I used to have cats, but I never had that problem.  We've never seen Felix on the counter. 😏  

• Love 5
Just now, DonnaMae said:

People are crazy to allow their cats on tables and counters, especially if the cats are allowed outside.  Cats are clean, but they could still be carrying germs on their paws.  I used to have cats, but I never had that problem.  We've never seen Felix on the counter. 😏  

These are all exclusively indoor cats, but still...cats step into their litter box with their paws.  It’s a no brainer to me, but these are very well educated people.....I can’t imagine they would change if I said something about it. It would just upset them, so, I’m leaving it alone.  I do wonder if they realize that other people don’t want to eat or drink beverages in that environment.  

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I haven’t watched any of Amy’s cooking, unless it was aired on the show. I’m pretty sure it would tick me off or gross me out.  I’ll admit that at least a few people have called me a germaphobe and that was before covid. Lol.  I bleach my sink and counters at least once a week and and anytime I prepare meat.  I even stop part way way through cooking poultry and wash my utensil that has touched the raw poultry.  Maybe a little extreme, but contamination is serious.  I guess that no one has gotten sick from contamination, so Amy doesn’t think about it.  But, I see professional chefs do weird stuff too on tv shows where they seem to use marinades that has contained raw meat and it’s not cooked well.  And don’t get me started on dirty hands on the food....omg...

And while I’m here, may I get some input on how to handle dining at friends homes who have cats?  They love their cats and the cats are allowed to walk on the kitchen counters and dining room table!  I was never used to this. My cats were not allowed to do this. But, every friend I have with cats does allow it without reservation.  So far, I just deal...but it’s difficult.  Is it me?  I just don’t get it.  Am I overreacting?

I'm with you regarding bleaching sinks and countertops.  Most days, I end up "kitchen duty" after dinner by using an antiseptic wipe on all the counters.

To be honest, I would not eat at anyone's home where I saw animals on the countertops.  My daughter has two cats, but they are NEVER allowed in the food prep area.  I would gracefully decline invitations to eat where cats were allowed on the counters.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Wow, that's quite a set up they have there, big BBQ.  I imagine it belongs to the camp ground.  

I think that’s their camp bbq...I recall seeing it in the background of a pic from a few months ago, it was folded up but those big red knobs were visible, I wondered if it was a Wolfe product.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

He's too short to get up there. Otherwise he would be.

I've never seen Felix on the counter but he does an excellent job of vacuuming up any food particles that land on the floor.

He's a cute little dog and kudos to Amy for adopting him ❤️

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You are not overreacting! I am with you 100%. I would never ever let my cat walk on the kitchen table or counter tops! Just the thought makes me shudder. I won't even roll out pie dough on a clean counter top, I have to put down wax paper or parchment paper to roll it out on. 

The one cooking video of Amy's that I did watch, I watched with squinted eyes and looking through my fingers as my hand was covering my eyes. Lol. I am also a germaphobe, and I don't eat what others have made unless I see them making it and it's the way I would do it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I was watching a DIY video on youtube earlier today.  Like Amy, the guy in the video talked too much, and had to walk out of frame to get something.  We would describe as an amateur in the world of making youtube videos.

The difference was, he turned out a beautiful and useful product.  And the measurements were precise.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Salmonella poisoning is on the menu again ???

Amy just wants to share liability with Lisa and random fans. I'll pass, although I could make  up something like litter box coated fried chicken chunks with garlic, buttermilk, and Old Bay cheese dip. 

• LOL 7