Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ginger90

Amy

Recommended Posts

I'm really surprised at a heart shaped diamond for a 50 something year old woman.  I had to take a triple look.  If it's what she wants, that's fine, but it seems a very unusual decision.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

She seems understated, & the heart must have been her choice or something they spoke about. Many years ago my late aunt had a heart shaped engagement ring, but only because she was clear that's what she wanted (she was into heart everything 🤷‍♀️).

I hope Amy strikes out & has her wedding off the farm.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I thought the same thing, but figured I was being overly critical.  Glad I'm not the only one!

I thought a big deal was made of the fact that the diamond was "heart shaped".  I believe that's a very expensive cut (more than pear, emerald, round, marquise).  I'm wondering how a stone that small could be cut into a heart shape??

That said, I'm very happy for Amy and Chris.  In all the time they've been together I saw Chris shower Amy with kindness, caring, consideration and AFFECTION.  There was that one instance on the first motorcycle trip where he "abandoned" her for a while; however, apparently they sorted that type of behavior out between them and I never saw any behavior like that reoccur.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The 'most expensive cut' is the classic  round brilliant, generally speaking. I worked for GIA in New York some years ago. "The most expensive" stone, individually, has really nothing to do with it's shape; it's the clarity grade, color of the stone and symmetry that all add in to it's value. I hope I typed that correctly. Any idea of Amy's stone's weight?

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I thought a big deal was made of the fact that the diamond was "heart shaped".  I believe that's a very expensive cut (more than pear, emerald, round, marquise).  I'm wondering how a stone that small could be cut into a heart shape??

That said, I'm very happy for Amy and Chris.  In all the time they've been together I saw Chris shower Amy with kindness, caring, consideration and AFFECTION.  There was that one instance on the first motorcycle trip where he "abandoned" her for a while; however, apparently they sorted that type of behavior out between them and I never saw any behavior like that reoccur.

And, I'm not sure that "disappearance" situation wasn't producer-driven to begin with...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Amy deserves some happiness after all the crap she went through with Matt. I had my doubts about Chris's motives at first, but after three years, I guess they're in a good place and planning for the future. Hope all the kids are supportive and on board, and hope Caryn is green with envy. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

 Nothing mentioned by her children on their social media, as of now.

Perhaps they’re going to do a photo shoot, but it struck me that the engagement announcement by Amy, didn’t include Chris in the picture.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Now, I hope Amy will move away from that farm and really break away from Matt. I have to admit, I thought it was rather strange for her/them to still be living on the same property after a divorce and that Amy really never emotionally ended her relationship with Matt. It felt safer for her to stay on that property and still have 'Matt around'. I'm surprised that Chris didn't have ambivalent feelings about that regarding Amy. Amy still has never really lived on her own and had her own life before re-marrying; sometimes not a good thing to jump from one marriage in to another. I can speak from personal experience. What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Now, I hope Amy will move away from that farm and really break away from Matt. I have to admit, I thought it was rather strange for her/them to still be living on the same property after a divorce and that Amy really never emotionally ended her relationship with Matt. It felt safer for her to stay on that property and still have 'Matt around'. I'm surprised that Chris didn't have ambivalent feelings about that regarding Amy. Amy still has never really lived on her own and had her own life before re-marrying; sometimes not a good thing to jump from one marriage in to another. I can speak from personal experience. What do you think?

Amy's been on the farm the last several months because Jake wanted to be married there and Matt said no.

As far as living alone. Matt and Amy has basically seperate lives for a long time before he demanded a divorce.  Jake moved out about the same time and was gone for a few years. Amy has lived alone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, bobalina said:

Amy's been on the farm the last several months because Jake wanted to be married there and Matt said no.

As far as living alone. Matt and Amy has basically seperate lives for a long time before he demanded a divorce.  Jake moved out about the same time and was gone for a few years. Amy has lived alone.

I think at first, Amy was both in denial and hoping that she and Matt would get back together.  Not that I think she was so much in love with Matt, but just because her life blew up and things definitely weren't and were never going to be what she'd envisioned for her old age.  She was grieving and going through all the steps that come with it.  Once she got past that, she moved on and in my mind, leaving the farm is the final act of acceptance.  I also think she was working on that old premise that you don't do anything major for a while after a divorce, death, etc.  Staying on the farm allowed her to figure out in a more strategic, planned way where to go next.

Edited by readheaded
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

You just know that Matt is going to give Caryn a massive rock. 

Frankly, I thought it was a big mistake for Caryn to co-buy the home in Arizona with Matt without being married or at the very least, engaged to him. Co-ownerships of houses when  two people are not married or engaged can be very problematic if they break up. Especially with someone like Matt...she's been with him for awhile now...at least as long as Amy has been with Chris. She should put the pressure on him for the next step. They live like a married couple which is probably why Matt doesn't feel the need to marry her. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

Now, I hope Amy will move away from that farm and really break away from Matt. I have to admit, I thought it was rather strange for her/them to still be living on the same property after a divorce and that Amy really never emotionally ended her relationship with Matt. It felt safer for her to stay on that property and still have 'Matt around'. I'm surprised that Chris didn't have ambivalent feelings about that regarding Amy. Amy still has never really lived on her own and had her own life before re-marrying; sometimes not a good thing to jump from one marriage in to another. I can speak from personal experience. What do you think?

I understand what you’re saying but I think Amy has had her “own life” after ending her marriage with Matt. Divorced couples who share businesses together ALWAYS have a different dynamic than those who’s children are now grown and they have no financial ties. Many people stay friends and business partners with their ex-spouse and the relationship “shifts” but that doesn’t mean it’s over or they are incapable of being a good spouse to someone else. Matt and Amy not only had the farm, they also had the reality show together.

I think Amy has done a fair bit of self reflection since her divorce. She also never really “dated” anyone before Chris. Her courtship with Matt was long distance and rather short I thought. I am surprised she and Chris are getting married, as I didn’t think he ever wanted to be married. I can see marriage being very important to Amy and Chris proposing because of that. I too on the shallow bus thought the ring was damn small- but it’s not my hand or my ring, so long as she is happy. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Frankly, I thought it was a big mistake for Caryn to co-buy the home in Arizona with Matt without being married or at the very least, engaged to him. Co-ownerships of houses when  two people are not married or engaged can be very problematic if they break up. Especially with someone like Matt...she's been with him for awhile now...at least as long as Amy has been with Chris. She should put the pressure on him for the next step. They live like a married couple which is probably why Matt doesn't feel the need to marry her. 

Agreed and we all know that Matt isn't necessarily loyal.  Sometimes, you lose them the way you got them...

  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Amy and Chris are able to build a happy life together.  She seemed so devastated by the end of her marriage.  I think it was less that she still wanted Matt and more that she felt like a failure.

So, is the plan for Matt and Caryn to move into the big house when Amy vacates it? If I were Caryn, there is no way I would want to move into the family home.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, bobalina said:

Amy's been on the farm the last several months because Jake wanted to be married there and Matt said no.

As far as living alone. Matt and Amy has basically seperate lives for a long time before he demanded a divorce.  Jake moved out about the same time and was gone for a few years. Amy has lived alone.

Matt said no to Jacob getting married on the farm?

  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/21/2019 at 9:11 AM, seasons said:

That's the ring?!?

Sure is  a little person ring.

Holy crap, Chris. Looks like a promise ring from a teen romance.

But I am happy for Amy.

Amy has a small hand.  I am 5 foot. 1 inch.  My ring is a solitary round 3/8 carat with a  very thin plain band because that’s what looked best on my short finger. 

Some Wear their rings on their right hand because the vein- artery? runs straight to the heart. It’s also a  European tradition.  Or maybe she just needs it resized 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

You just know that Matt is going to give Caryn a massive rock. 

My MOST IMMEDIATE THOUGHT!  MASSIVE!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/21/2019 at 7:11 AM, seasons said:

That's the ring?!?

Sure is  a little person ring.

Holy crap, Chris. Looks like a promise ring from a teen romance.

But I am happy for Amy.

It looks exactly like a ring we got our daughter when she turned 13

JMO but a heart shape for someone Amy's age looks silly.

She looks happy and that's great.  ❤👍

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2019 at 3:57 PM, TVFAN said:

I hope Amy and Chris are able to build a happy life together.  She seemed so devastated by the end of her marriage.  I think it was less that she still wanted Matt and more that she felt like a failure.

So, is the plan for Matt and Caryn to move into the big house when Amy vacates it? If I were Caryn, there is no way I would want to move into the family home.  

Wasn’t there thinking/ talking by Jeremy about moving to the farm because he’s a farmer?

i don't  know it probably was Karyn’s plan all along to be queen of the manor. She wanted Amy off the land because she was dictating her life too much. 

Good luck to them with happy Amy got the guy she can enjoy the second half of life with. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know, this sure can be a hot topic, but I think there is a really bitchy side of Amy that I wonder if Chris has seen. I mean sure,we all can have our nasties, but I just think it will be interesting once they are married. Whenever that is. Chris seems like a pretty passive person so their married dynamic together will be interesting. Jmo of course.

Edited by seasons
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, seasons said:

I don't know, this sure can be a hot topic, but I think there is a really bitchy side of Amy that I wonder if Chris has seen. I mean sure,we all can have our nasties, but I just think it will be interesting once they are married. Whenever that is. Chris seems like a pretty passive person so their married dynamic together will be interesting. Jmo of course.

In 3 years I'm sure he has a fairly accurate picture of Amy. And the side you're alluding to seems to have disolved when she shed Matt's B.S

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

They both look so happy.  I hope Amy and Chris have many happy years together.  I really like Amy's black top and skirt.  Personally,  I  like Amy's engagement ring.  It's pretty and a nice size for her.  I tend to be more practical.  Why spend a lot of money on a ring.  I'd rather travel.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/25/2019 at 9:07 PM, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but a heart shape for someone Amy's age looks silly.

Maybe.... but there’s a lot of women Amy’s age who got their heart shape ring when they were 20 and are still wearing it.   They don’t look any less silly. Personally I think a heart shape ring looks pretty.  I also think Amy probably wanted an entirely different ring style to contrast with what she had last time . 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Maybe.... but there’s a lot of women Amy’s age who got their heart shape ring when they were 20 and are still wearing it.   They don’t look any less silly. Personally I think a heart shape ring looks pretty.  I also think Amy probably wanted an entirely different ring style to contrast with what she had last time . 

She may not have even picked it out and accepted it because he picked it out for her.  I can totally see some men thinking that a heart-shaped ring is a statement, not understanding how it might contrast with a woman’s age, societal judgment, etc.  If she didn’t pick it out and then asked for something different, people would we criticizing her for that.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Being together for 3 years I'm sure they've been around jewelry together enough times for him to get a good idea of what she likes. Their relationship perplexes me a bit but I'm very happy for them. Caryn is probably dying. 

I don't see Amy as wanting a big wedding unless Chris wants one since it will be his first. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something really really small - like a step up from just going to the courthouse. 

Sad to hear about Amys mom 😞

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

Being together for 3 years I'm sure they've been around jewelry together enough times for him to get a good idea of what she likes. Their relationship perplexes me a bit but I'm very happy for them. Caryn is probably dying. 

I don't see Amy as wanting a big wedding unless Chris wants one since it will be his first. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something really really small - like a step up from just going to the courthouse. 

Sad to hear about Amys mom 😞

I’ve been married almost 25 years and my husband wouldn’t be able to pick out jewelry for me.  

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

This quote is from an article in In Touch.  Apparently Amy wanted heart shaped

Amy got engaged to Chris on September 18 and the couple confirmed the news to People on September 20. “I’m excited, I’m so surprised, I’m thrilled!” the Little People, Big World mama said. “I never in a million years thought I’d be getting married again, but I also hoped for it! Now that it’s happening, I couldn’t be happier or more excited.” Chris added, “I was very nervous! It had to be a heart-shaped diamond because I knew that’s what Amy wanted.”

Amy's mother died Sept 24?  Sorry for her.  Seems strange though any thing I have seen from her she seems to be having a great time.  Dancing around, posing with Chris, she was at the BBQ at Tori and Zach's.  I wonder why she didn't go home?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Amy's mother died Sept 24?  Sorry for her.  Seems strange though any thing I have seen from her she seems to be having a great time.  Dancing around, posing with Chris, she was at the BBQ at Tori and Zach's.  I wonder why she didn't go home?

Apparently she still hasn’t.

-1#1 Amy J Roloff 2019-09-29 18:32

Mom, I'm glad I got to talk with you one more time before you left us. My heart is so sad and I'm going to miss you so much. It'll be tough coming back home and not seeing you. You lived a long good life with Dad and that I'm grateful for. I love you Mom and the memories I have I will forever cherish. I'm coming back home to say good-bye Mom.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

This quote is from an article in In Touch.  Apparently Amy wanted heart shaped

Amy got engaged to Chris on September 18 and the couple confirmed the news to People on September 20. “I’m excited, I’m so surprised, I’m thrilled!” the Little People, Big World mama said. “I never in a million years thought I’d be getting married again, but I also hoped for it! Now that it’s happening, I couldn’t be happier or more excited.” Chris added, “I was very nervous! It had to be a heart-shaped diamond because I knew that’s what Amy wanted.”

Amy's mother died Sept 24?  Sorry for her.  Seems strange though any thing I have seen from her she seems to be having a great time.  Dancing around, posing with Chris, she was at the BBQ at Tori and Zach's.  I wonder why she didn't go home?

Awesome; I'm glad she got what she wanted!  Good job, Chris!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/22/2019 at 12:28 PM, kicksave said:

Frankly, I thought it was a big mistake for Caryn to co-buy the home in Arizona with Matt without being married or at the very least, engaged to him. Co-ownerships of houses when  two people are not married or engaged can be very problematic if they break up. Especially with someone like Matt...she's been with him for awhile now...at least as long as Amy has been with Chris. She should put the pressure on him for the next step. They live like a married couple which is probably why Matt doesn't feel the need to marry her. 

Caryn made Matt buy her parents house in Arizona, its been her weaseling in for a while talking about AZ and not Hawaii where Matt really wanted to go. Caryn, I think got her parents out of a sticky situation.  I also wonder if Caryn has any ownership in that AZ house - how much she put down and who is on the deed

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Caryn made Matt buy her parents house in Arizona, its been her weaseling in for a while talking about AZ and not Hawaii where Matt really wanted to go. Caryn, I think got her parents out of a sticky situation.  I also wonder if Caryn has any ownership in that AZ house - how much she put down and who is on the deed

She’s definitely sketchy...and conniving.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/2/2019 at 4:00 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I also wonder if Caryn has any ownership in that AZ house - how much she put down and who is on the deed

Matt is the only one listed on the deed.  Just looked it up.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size