Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Okay. Don’t all let your heads explode at the same time. We’d lose the board. Tonight I made Amy’s ‘magnolia’ beef recipe and it was legit one of the best things I’ve made in a while. She hit the mark with that one. 

Mongolian Beef with Vegetables

ETA: Except I never cook with olive oil. I use peanut oil because it has a higher smoke point and I have a cast iron wok. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Okay. Don’t all let your heads explode at the same time. We’d lose the board. Tonight I made Amy’s ‘magnolia’ beef recipe and it was legit one of the best things I’ve made in a while. She hit the mark with that one. 

Mongolian Beef with Vegetables

ETA: Except I never cook with olive oil. I use peanut oil because it has a higher smoke point and I have a cast iron wok. 

I like things like that but can be fussy about the meat.  What kind of beef did you use?

Edited by LucyEth
  • Useful 1

I don’t think Amy’s recipes are bad, I think she just presents them badly because she either doesn’t have all the ingredients or doesn’t know their measurements in the videos.  I’m assuming she lists a recipe with actual measurements somewhere on her site.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t think Amy’s recipes are bad, I think she just presents them badly because she either doesn’t have all the ingredients or doesn’t know their measurements in the videos.  I’m assuming she lists a recipe with actual measurements somewhere on her site.

She is also a little sloppy, with the hair tossing and finger licking.  I do agree, if presented properly with all the correct ingredients they would be fine if you liked what she is cooking.  I don’t care for the soups so I would never make those.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I like things like that but can be fussy about the meat.  What kind of beef did you use?

I had some filet on hand - I buy it when my grocery store has good prices. To tell you the truth it was way too tender and came apart in the wok. So I definitely learned a lesson there and next time I’ll try a sturdier cut. I just didn’t know. But it was still delicious. I am excited for leftovers today ☺️

13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m assuming she lists a recipe with actual measurements somewhere on her site.

The recipe is below the video - link in my post. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

She is also a little sloppy, with the hair tossing and finger licking.  I do agree, if presented properly with all the correct ingredients they would be fine if you liked what she is cooking.  I don’t care for the soups so I would never make those.

Don't forget the nose wiping with the back of her hand!  Uggg just uggg.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I thought the magnolia mongolian thing was kind of cute. I can see her mispronouncing/misusing words becoming an endearing little thing between these two. 

Cute?  I find it strange that a woman of her age who has a college degree has a problem pronouncing words.  It's not like they're foreign words.  That I could understand, but magnolia for Mongolian?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Cute?  I find it strange that a woman of her age who has a college degree has a problem pronouncing words.  It's not like they're foreign words.  That I could understand, but magnolia for Mongolian?

I have found that there are many adults, of different generations, with college degrees who can’t write grammatically correct sentences, can’t accurately spell (with or without ‘spell check’), or pronounce words properly.  I recently tuned into my city’s school committee Zoom meeting.  I was appalled.  These professional- educators, attorneys, and the Mayor- all have advanced degrees, yet they all sounded like they hadn’t graduated from 5th grade.  I stopped counting the “like, you knows” & “ummmms” about 10 min into the meeting.  I heard the Mayor pronounce the word “frustrating” and it’s variations as “FUSS-TATING”.  The high school principal read his prepared statement  as if he were a 1st grader trying to read “A Tale of Two Cities”.  So, unfortunately, having a college degree does not seem to have the same educational clout it once did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I have found that there are many adults, of different generations, with college degrees who can’t write grammatically correct sentences, can’t accurately spell (with or without ‘spell check’), or pronounce words properly.  I recently tuned into my city’s school committee Zoom meeting.  I was appalled.  These professional- educators, attorneys, and the Mayor- all have advanced degrees, yet they all sounded like they hadn’t graduated from 5th grade.  I stopped counting the “like, you knows” & “ummmms” about 10 min into the meeting.  I heard the Mayor pronounce the word “frustrating” and it’s variations as “FUSS-TATING”.  The high school principal read his prepared statement  as if he were a 1st grader trying to read “A Tale of Two Cities”.  So, unfortunately, having a college degree does not seem to have the same educational clout it once did.

I like, ummmm agree with you 100 precent! 

• LOL 4
(edited)

I’ve struggled with the word caterpillar my entire life. It always comes out calapittar. I have to actively think about how to articulate ca-ter-pill-ar and even then sometimes it doesn’t compute. And I’m not stupid. I have a master’s degree from a good school. I just can’t f*cking say caterpillar.

ETA: so I give Amy a pass on magnolia vs. Mongolian. I also thought the exchange with Chris was cute. I like that Amy can have an easy laugh at her own expense. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I’ve struggled with the word caterpillar my entire life. It always comes out calapittar. I have to actively think about how to articulate ca-ter-pill-ar and even then sometimes it doesn’t compute. And I’m not stupid. I have a master’s degree from a good school. I just can’t f*cking say caterpillar.

ETA: so I give Amy a pass on magnolia vs. Mongolian. I also thought the exchange with Chris was cute. I like that Amy can have an easy laugh at her own expense. 

A lot of people may have a problem with one word but Amy has problems with the whole dictionary!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

A lot of people may have a problem with one word but Amy has problems with the whole dictionary!

In fairness, this has been a problem of the entire Roloff family including Matt, who inserts "gobbly goo" when he doesn't know the word. The Roloffs are not an articulate people.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

What I don’t get is why would a school want her to read to the class?   Is she supposed to be someone special?

Yes. Like it or not, she's been on television now for 17 years and counting. That ALONE makes her famous and yes, more special and noteworthy than a non televised woman of 50+. She's got news articles and on line forums like this one discussing her. She does charity events, and speaking engagements. She's written two books. This fame is precisely why her terrible cooking videos are profitable, 

She wouldn't have a forum here if she wasn't famous for being on a tv show. She's a tv star and a lot of schools are looking for fun activities that foster inclusion like having a relatively famous dwarf woman read to the kids. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Yes. Like it or not, she's been on television now for 17 years and counting. That ALONE makes her famous and yes, more special and noteworthy than a non televised woman of 50+. She's got news articles and on line forums like this one discussing her. She does charity events, and speaking engagements. She's written two books. This fame is precisely why her terrible cooking videos are profitable, 

She wouldn't have a forum here if she wasn't famous for being on a tv show. She's a tv star and a lot of schools are looking for fun activities that foster inclusion like having a relatively famous dwarf woman read to the kids. 

Heck, there's a school near my job that loves it when some of the employees from the federal agency I work for come to read to classes.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I can’t imagine she would do a good job reading to children or anyone given all the trouble she has pronouncing words and the spelling mistakes in her posts.  I honestly don’t think 3-5 year olds in Kentucky even know who she is, they would rather have Blippy or Elmo!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I can’t imagine she would do a good job reading to children or anyone given all the trouble she has pronouncing words and the spelling mistakes in her posts.

Most books read to young children are small words, not "parmesan". Amy speaks quite normally in my opinion, I don't think I've ever witnessed an episode of Amy speaking where I thought "that woman is incapable of coherent speech. And if we judge capability to read aloud by spelling and grammar errors, I assume we all think Matt and Audrey and Jeremy, amongst others, are also incapable as their posts are also riddled with errors. 

12 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I honestly don’t think 3-5 year olds in Kentucky even know who she is, they would rather have Blippy or Elmo!

I suspect they are just grateful to have the treat of someone reading to them. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Most books read to young children are small words, not "parmesan". Amy speaks quite normally in my opinion, I don't think I've ever witnessed an episode of Amy speaking where I thought "that woman is incapable of coherent speech. And if we judge capability to read aloud by spelling and grammar errors, I assume we all think Matt and Audrey and Jeremy, amongst others, are also incapable as their posts are also riddled with errors. 

My comment is about Amy.  I am not interested in comparing her to the others, when they read aloud to children, check back!

8 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

suspect they are just grateful to have the treat of someone reading to them. 

Can’t say I agree, but we are all entitled to our opinions!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

My comment is about Amy.  I am not interested in comparing her to the others, when they read aloud to children, check back!

Matt's done it, when pitching his children's book, one reason I make the comparison. He also misspells quite a bit AND mispronounces words. I am interested in comparing since Amy misspelling words and mispronouncing is indicating to some that she's not capable. Why wouldn't Matt be held to the same standard.

5 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Can’t say I agree, but we are all entitled to our opinions!

This is true, but honestly I doubt any of the kids complained to management.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Matt's done it, when pitching his children's book, one reason I make the comparison. He also misspells quite a bit AND mispronounces words. I am interested in comparing since Amy misspelling words and mispronouncing is indicating to some that she's not capable. Why wouldn't Matt be held to the same standard.

You can hold Matt to any standard you want, I don’t care.  Again, I was not discussing Matt, I commented on Amy.

• Love 3
On 3/4/2021 at 7:11 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

And if we judge capability to read aloud by spelling and grammar errors...

This also applies to use of the word graduate. One doesn’t “graduate college” or “graduate high school.” One graduates *from school. No one who says that has any business criticizing Amy’s grammar ☺️

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

So if one of the people from the first soup night was unknowingly contagious, the germs could have been spread to Chris and Amy . . . who might potentially have passed them on to four new people a few days later.  

Sheesh.

ETA:  I lost a friend to Covid in January.  He and his wife are about the same age as my husband and me.  His health was compromised because of having Parkinson's Disease, so they have been diligently careful about potential exposure. 

The housecleaner they've used for years came over for her regular time with them.  As soon as the housecleaner arrived, my friend left for a hair appointment, but her husband stayed home.  The housecleaner already had Covid; she knew she was feeling under the weather, but didn't believe in all of that "mask wearing and quarantine" stuff.  She did not bother mentioning to my friends at that time that she wasn't feeling well.  She eventually told them that she had had Covid when she was at their house.

Both of my friends came down with Covid, and he died 12 days after exposure.

Oregon has had a recent upsurge in Covid cases.  I hope no one in either of these pictures becomes ill.

Edited by AZChristian
(edited)

People on Instagram were pissed about Amy and her socializing during a pandemic and she responded:

"amyjroloff

I hope everyone is doing ok. I'm glad many of you are concerned about myself, Chris and friends. I appreciate that. However, some of the comments do tell that y'all make unwarranted comments and thoughts without full details of my life and what I have been doing to 'stay safe'. That's ok that's not my issue. The concern is what do you really know? Do you honestly think Chris and I would put ourselves or friends in a non safe situation? Or do anything carelessly? Of course not for I know I would not do that. So lets give each other a little grace and not jump all over each other. Chris and I get tested every week for filming. Whether my friends get tested and/or got the vaccine is not the question. It's that we all have taken precautions to be careful and limit our interactions. Remember, Nothing is 100% perfect or guarantee in anything - As my dad would say 'the only thing that is guarantee is you are born, taxes and death - whether we have seen no one or a few people over the last year of quarantine or not. However, we have taken the steps and done what we needed to do stay safe while still maintaining relationships. Our state, like many are slowly lifting quarantine limitations and because of that I had soup night. So, just be safe out there and do what you need to do but lets not condemn others for their choices while doing the same. Thanks."

Edited by Dustbunny
removed link
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Her response reminds me of an old saying that addresses the difficulty and pointlessness of communicating a lesson that an individual is unwilling or unready to learn.

"Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

ETA comment on her walk with Felix.

- Clouds don't bellow, they billow.

- The clouds didn't scare people away; they've watched your reckless disregard for things like social distancing and are staying inside for their own safety.

- Oh, and "teacher" person . . . the period goes INSIDE the quotation mark.  And you only use a set of single quotation marks inside of a set of regular quotation marks.  Your lack of grammatical skill is matched only by your lack of common sense.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 14

Now my state currently recommends wearing a mask within six feet of others or indoors but if I go out walking to pick up my mail, I don't put my mask on unless I stop to talk with someone or unless I go inside somewhere.  I get your ire, and I don't think Amy is winning any prizes for covid prevention, but she's clearly alone in this shot and not required to wear a mask.

(edited)
45 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Her response reminds me of an old saying that addresses the difficulty and pointlessness of communicating a lesson that an individual is unwilling or unready to learn.

"Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

ETA comment on her walk with Felix.

- Clouds don't bellow, they billow.

- The clouds didn't scare people away; they've watched your reckless disregard for things like social distancing and are staying inside for their own safety.

- Oh, and "teacher" person . . . the period goes INSIDE the quotation mark.  And you only use a set of single quotation marks inside of a set of regular quotation marks.  Your lack of grammatical skill is matched only by your lack of common sense.  

I have a hard time getting Amy's message.  I'm all bogged down with her punctuation!

Nothing is guaranteed!  I guarantee you it works.  She has no clue how to use the word.

Don't even get me started on the placement of commas.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Clouds don't bellow, they billow.

You are right, of course.  However, if there is thunder in those clouds, you could say they're bellowing. 🧐

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

You are right, of course.  However, if there is thunder in those clouds, you could say they're bellowing. 🧐

From the old song "How Great Thou Art":

"I see the clouds; I hear the rolling thunder."

Sounds better to me.  LOL.

• Love 3

Have we seen any of the tv Roloffs take the pandemic seriously? I’m not surprised at Amy’s soup party but she shouldn’t have posted it. Jer and Auj have taken countless maskless trips with friend. Zach and Tori have travelled and gone to get togethers. Matt’s been to AZ. Maybe they’ve all had Covid and not said anything but their behavior has been dissapointing.

• Love 7