Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

On 1/28/2021 at 7:06 AM, Irate Panda said:

Isn’t this at least the second video where she has had onions stuck to her face? LOL

Yes and if I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't believe it... 😮

I really don't know what to make of her insisting on eating while doing these videos, eat before or eat after but not during, it's such an obvious thing.

Lisa always has a glass of wine or some other beverage that she politely sips but she's never sitting there stuffing her pie hole and talking with her mouth full of food and it's not like the videos take hours to film, can't Amy do an hour video without stuffing food in her face?

After watching her videos I don't know how anyone can eat what she cooks, I really thought she would improve over time because of all the comments on instagram telling her to please stop talking with her mouth full and licking her fingers etc. but the meatloaf video was worse than ever.

I think she's decided to dig in her heels and double up her bad habits. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Lisa always has a glass of wine or some other beverage that she politely sips but she's never sitting there stuffing her pie hole and talking with her mouth full of food and it's not like the videos take hours to film, can't Amy do an hour video without stuffing food in her face?

But remember . . . Lisa isn't selling wine.  Amy is using every video to try to sell stuff from "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen."  She doesn't think she can just talk about it, she has to DEMONSTRATE how to eat fudge.  That's true especially if they're talking about something else entirely and Amy doesn't want her audience to forget about the existence of something she's trying to sell.

Honestly, if I were video-chatting with a friend who tried to talk with her mouth full, I would just say (with a smile) "Maybe you could repeat what you just said after you've swallowed what's in your mouth.  I really can't understand a word you're saying."

• Love 6

I think that Amy's viewing fans don't realize the sole reason she puts any of those 'videos' out is to make money. She does not have a genuine desire to share her wonderful recipes with her 'friends'. She doesn't know these people who view these atrocities nor does she really care. The only thing she's interested in is income. She loves those paycheck deposits. I find it sad that she can't be naturally nice. She usually comes across in her videos as fake when she's talking about her 'Little Kitchen", etc. I'm tire of hearing her repeat herself during these awful videos. 

BTW, I had a long period of time that I had stopped watching the show, so I never watched the episodes in which she was being mean and/or short tempered with Matt OR vice versa. So, I am viewing these videos she makes with no preset opinion of her. I had no idea that she has been villainized OR that Matt had been also. I watched them with neutral eyes and ears.....her videos and recipes are awful.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But remember . . . Lisa isn't selling wine.  Amy is using every video to try to sell stuff from "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen."  She doesn't think she can just talk about it, she has to DEMONSTRATE how to eat fudge.  That's true especially if they're talking about something else entirely and Amy doesn't want her audience to forget about the existence of something she's trying to sell.

Honestly, if I were video-chatting with a friend who tried to talk with her mouth full, I would just say (with a smile) "Maybe you could repeat what you just said after you've swallowed what's in your mouth.  I really can't understand a word you're saying."

that could be part of the reason but 90% of the time she's eating food that she doesn't sell

One day she was so excited that she actually held her plate up to the camera before the chat started, it was a huge plate that could easily feed 2 people, it was piled high with crackers, cheese, pickles, olives, nuts, dried fruit and other items plus a big glass of wine and people were saying "No, don't eat while talking!" or "Amy please, it's not nice to eat while talking, have your snacks later" but she just barged ahead and started cramming crackers and cheese into her mouth and talking as she chewed and chomped her way through the entire plate.

It was rude and she didn't care.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I suspect there's something in there for Lisa and any of her other friends that make appearances.

So they say nothing and just wait for the mailman!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Wow, her message is completely lost in bad grammar and spelling errors.  She really needs to proof her posts before pulling the trigger.  

I have a friend who is married to a PhD.  He has written many books and scholarly papers.  They live in Kansas, and we live in Arizona, so we don't get to spend much time together . . . just an occasional meet-up at Cracker Barrel when one couple is traveling through the other couple's part of the country.

Mrs. PhD had a rocky childhood (not as bad as mine, but I digress).  When she graduated from college, she decided that she was going to write a book about it someday.  As she remembered things she wanted to include, she would immediately write them down (sometimes on a paper napkin or the back of a shopping list).  Fine.  But then when she actually started writing, she just pulled those notes out and started putting those things into the book as each napkin or shopping list came to the top of the stack.  Honestly, sometimes she referred to the same incident multiple times in different chapters.  There was no "flow" to her story.  It was just a jumbled-up mess.  And she - like Amy - was a college graduate and even a school teacher!

She once told me that Dr. PhD did not approve of her sharing her story.  IMO, he was just embarrassed at how horribly the book was constructed.  She self-published, so she didn't even have the benefit an editor.

I have another friend who is a published (not self-published) writer.  I loaned her my Amazon copy of Mrs. PhD's book.  She wrote back the next day and said, "I am terribly sorry, but I can't get past the first 20 pages.  Did she not have an editor?  Did she not have a friend who was honest with her about how badly the book NEEDS an editor?"

To me, anything that Amy writes is like Mrs. PhD's book.  It is so dreadfully written that the story or the point becomes secondary.  We start just looking for her inevitable spelling and grammar errors and the point of what she's writing is completely lost.

• Love 6

While there were certainly punctuation and spelling errors, I thought her point was pretty clear. A bit religious, but taking joy in the moment, and in both the good and the bad.

When I see any of the Roloffs display these poorly written missives (and they all have atrocious written grammar and spelling) I am always reminded of the words of my fifth grade teacher. "You sometimes only get one chance to make an impression, so always proofread. If you hand in work with misspellings and errors, I have to assume either you really don't know, or you just didn't care about what you were doing." 

• Love 7

Amy does not have a teaching degree. From what I read, she was a pre-school teacher's aide...in other words, a glorified baby sitter and the person who performed the tasks the teacher preferred not to do involving 3-4 year olds. If I am wrong, please correct me if she has a real teaching degree.

• Love 3

She has a bachelor's degree in business from Central Michigan.

I think you're thinking she doesn't have a specific degree in education. Which are nice to have but in my state you can teach as long as you have a 4 year bachelor's degree and separate teacher certification.

The preschool job likely did not require a degree in education, I agree. But Amy does have some higher education.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Useful 1
On 2/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, ginger90 said:

0303DDCE-7035-4D83-97C3-E5558D386EA0.jpeg

E101DD8F-1AEA-449C-A26C-FABC572BE54A.jpeg

I read the post above quickly and thought Amy was inspired by the song she heard on the radio Little White Church.....so I went to find it, as it’s been one of my favorites for years! It’s by Little Big Town.  Here it is....i now realize I misread it, but nonetheless, it’s a great song and a great idea.  WHAT about featuring the wedding on the show AND at the reception ( on the farm of course) Little Big Town performs!  You’re welcome Amy. You may use that idea free of charge.  LOL

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Isn’t that church on the farm.  So what did they just build that put a cross up and call it a church?  

I can’t remember how it came to be.  The one Amy is in upthread isn’t on the farm, is it?

I believe the church was originally designated as "Molly's Church" as in it was a play structure for Molly. Matt in an early episode joked that he wanted Molly to be married there. The structure itself clearly was built with a steeple so it was always intended as a play church, and not a play house.

• Useful 1

I don't think Matt cares, he has the farm now and he can make his own decisions without getting Amy's OK....that was the source of most of the problems....I also think that they all get along a lot better than the show would have us believe.

In one episode last season Amy told Chris that once she sells her portion that will be it and she'll never set foot there again which was obviously all for the show because she looks perfectly happy in the little church and not like someone who isn't welcome.

She was also at the farm with Chris playing Mr and Mrs Santa Claus for the grandkids and everyone looked like they were having a wonderful time.

Matt's not stupid, it's in his best interest business wise to keep Amy around, she has a lot of fans and adds to the farms appeal which puts money in Matt's pocket.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Why does she have problems with pronouncing words?  Mongolian isn't difficult to pronounce. 

I was thinking about that.  I've learned a lot about words from reading.  I don't know if reading is one of Amy s things to do!

Pronunciation would be more from socializing and education and watching tv, videos and listening to others speak.

I wonder if Amy hasn't socialized much due to her dwarfism?  One thing she always did enjoy was cooking for her family.  Maybe she'll read the critiques and improve some.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The cooking videos are coming fast and furious!   “Hash browns egg casserole” now available for your viewing “pleasure”?  I could see a thousand pics of Amy and Chris together and still will never understand what he sees in her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Does anybody happen to know how and when these two women friends came into her life?

I'm thinking Amy has always been kind of a loner.  Maybe her dwarfism or maybe just her personality.

I don't remember any friends visiting the farm.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Does anybody happen to know how and when these two women friends came into her life?

I'm thinking Amy has always been kind of a loner.  Maybe her dwarfism or maybe just her personality.

I am not sure about Deb, but Lisa was introduced to her by someone about 10 years ago to help her with the charity she was running.  It started out as just a business relationship I guess and then a friendship grew.  They have told this story on one of their “lives”.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

The Not Lisa woman I've spotted in Season Three. Lisa seemed to appear when Amy started doing her charity stuff in Season Seven.

I recently got discovery+ and I've been rewatching the early seasons, and Amy actually had a lot of female friends, average and little. She had buddies at the LP conventions and little people used to visit all the time and stay over night. At least in Seasons One thru Three. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

C6BE5768-C6DC-45F5-9B51-B4C14AD5FC94.jpeg

What are those things? Fudge sugar bars?  "Gather..with Amy" printed on the coffee mug. She is so in love with herself...why does she need Chris?

And her eyeliner bugs me to no end! It's so sloppy and uneven. You'd think by now she could have mastered a straight line but NO! It's a mess..like Felix her dog drew it on her! 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 6
19 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

What are those things? Fudge sugar bars?  "Gather..with Amy" printed on the coffee mug. She is so in love with herself...why does she need Chris?

I didn't even notice that ". . . with Amy" on the mug.  Didn't want one before, sure don't want one now.  The good news is, she remembered to put flowers in the background.  The typical news is, she didn't bother cleaning up the mess on the countertop behind the flowers.

ETA:  I just looked at her online shop.  The fudge and mug will run you $57.00 plus shipping and handling . . . but it does include a "Valentine Gram" (whatever that is, it must be made of sterling silver).  

Edited by AZChristian
Checking prices.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

And her eyeliner bugs me to no end! It's so sloppy and uneven. You'd think by now she could have mastered a straight line but NO! It's a mess..like Felix her dog drew it on her! 

I don't understand her.. The mug would be fine with "gather"or some other catch phrase (not my thing but some people like it) but then she slaps her name on it and in my opinion it ruins it.

Everything she sells has "Amy" or "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen" written all over it.... I guess she figures it's advertising but I think she's shooting herself in the foot because I think a lot more people would buy it if her name wasn't on it.

Why would someone want a mug with her name on it?... and it's not even her full name so no one would know who "Amy" is and why is it written on your mug if your name isn't Amy.... I guess I could understand if it was someone like "Cher" who's known worldwide by her first name but "Amy"? 😮

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I’m SO getting one for someone I’m close to named Amy 😆 I used to listen to Danny Pellegrino’s podcast and he would talk about holiday decor at Homegoods and “so much gnome work” and “gather-ing.” To this day, when we go shopping, we always comment on the gnome work and the amount of items that say gather.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I’m SO getting one for someone I’m close to named Amy 😆 I used to listen to Danny Pellegrino’s podcast and he would talk about holiday decor at Homegoods and “so much gnome work” and “gather-ing.” To this day, when we go shopping, we always comment on the gnome work and the amount of items that say gather.

The mug will run you $20 plus S&H.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2A864F64-A584-459D-B839-49723AF08A7A.jpeg

1653F900-803F-42D5-9279-3A7888E88F9B.jpeg

LOL! What is all that stuff on her kitchen counter? And in the background? The flat screen TV on some random channel. So much "stuff" on her kitchen counter getting ready for her "zoom" cooking" video.

Just when I think my mind is clear and focused, I see THIS. I need to go meditate again for an hour to clean out the clutter that viewing "anything Amy" brings to mind.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

LOL! What is all that stuff on her kitchen counter? And in the background? The flat screen TV on some random channel. So much "stuff" on her kitchen counter getting ready for her "zoom" cooking" video.

Just when I think my mind is clear and focused, I see THIS. I need to go meditate again for an hour to clean out the clutter that viewing "anything Amy" brings to mind.

This is why I hate open concept.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

This is why I hate open concept.

Me too, I've never been a fan of open concept and I just read an article a few months ago in "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine that said open concept is going out of fashion and the new trend is cozy rooms, fireplaces and french doors.

Since then I've googled and there's lots of articles about people turning away from it, one article was about "open concept remorse" and HGTV, Bob Vila and others have written articles about open concept and the downside that more and more people are reporting.

In Amy's picture she's in the kitchen doing a zoom video and Chris is trying to watch TV at the other end of the room while all the mess is on display.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I was never a fan of a really open concept. I would feel like I was cooking in my living room. I also want most of the mess in the kitchen to not be visible in the dining area. It is nice when you have dinner company for them to not see the dirty pots and pans from the table. I have a wall in between with a nice square window-like opening and a large 'window sill'-like surface. I put an Italian biscotti jar there to help shield the view.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

There's Chris's head in the background... he's probably trying to drowned her out with his TV show

I didn't even notice that it was actually Chris's head! Lol! So much "stuff" everywhere I could not locate Chris's head (aka "MY MAN") 

Amy already has that new home verging on a Hoarders episode.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2