Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

I watched the video and those were the saddest, flattest, most pathetic muffins I've seen in a long time.

I think she stirred them too much, muffins can be tricky and you need to watch how much you stir or they'll go flat, they turn out best if you scoop under and just fold the ingredients together to keep them light and airy, Amy being an expert who thinks she's qualified to teach others should know that!

She obviously needs Deb or someone she trusts to clue her in about the huge bites she takes, for God's sake you're not gobbling a muffin before you run out the door, you're doing a TASTE TEST on camera, don't fill your mouth until you can barely close it! 

Dustbunny I also worried that she was going to choke and I actually felt some relief when she quit talking, covered her mouth with her hand and concentrated on chewing and swallowing her food.

so many people have pointed this out to her but she just keeps doing it, it doesn't make the food look appetizing because it's such a gross habit, don't talk with your mouth full!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I didn’t see the muffin video on YouTube but I did watch an apple cake and cod fish video.  Both more of the same Amy.

The muffin video was an instagram LIVE and they disappear after a few hours.... it's probably good because those muffins were sad looking.

I saw them being discussed on reddit and everyone was saying the same things, Why is she talking with her mouth full of food? Why are those mufffins flat as pancakes?  One of these days she's gonna choke if she keeps talking with her mouth full.... and so on. 😑

• LOL 2

So today was a nothing day so I watched Amy's Apple cake video.  Same old Amy.  Need I say more?

But what I did notice and want to mention is that Chris is so very kind to Amy.   He is patient and never criticizes her.  He compliments her and is very gentle in his speech and touch.

He's either a prince of a man and Amy, faults and all, hit the jackpot or he's the master of deceit!  I guess time will tell.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Use a bigger bowl!  Seems like a lot of separate mixing.  Tough meatloaf?

Everything in that meatloaf but the kitchen sink.  I can’t image the heartburn after eating that thing.  She mixed it with her hand with all her rings still on and didn’t show that she washed her hands before mixing.  I bet after seeing that video Zach and Tori are glad they backed out of dinner.

• LOL 4

Amy needs to use that higher stool all the time. 

Wash her hair, face and trim those bangs again.

Babble on less...way too much chatter.

Use disposable gloves when hand mixing your meat. 

The most disgusting thing she did was put her raw, meaty fingers in the salt and pepper container!

• Love 2

And yet her fans love her cooking videos. 🙄  I was cringing when she kept putting her hands in the meat.  Hopefully, the baking killed any germs.  And all that chattering before she began making the recipe.  🤪

• Love 4

I sure wouldn't to eat the end of that meatloaf, which she tucked into her armpit while cutting.

Adding my bullet-point notes:

• I know lots of people who say “samwich.”  None of them but one are over 5 years old.
  • She still keeps cold stuff in the ‘fridgerator.”
  • BUT . . . she makes a full stop wherein you can see a thought bubble that reminds her that the cheese is “par-me-jahn” not “par-ME-see-an.”  The second time she did it, she even commented on wanting to pronounce it correctly.  Baby steps.  LOL.
  • I grant her absolution on “Worcestershire sauce.”  No one knows how to pronounce that. 
  • I can’t believe she coughed into her hand right at the beginning and didn’t stop that demonstration and start over.
  • Make up your mind, Amy.  Is it “EYE-talian” or “Eh-talian” sausage.  (Choose the second option!)
  • Speaking of “Italian” . . . is it Italian Wedding Cake where you hope to find a piece of jewelry when you cut into it?  Just wondering if we should start to call this “Amy Roloff’s Little Italian Meatloaf.”
  • Aren’t there two “o”s in pOtatO????
  • I wonder whether Zach and Tori accepted the dinner invitation, then bailed when they found out it was “Amy Roloff’s Little Meatloaf”? 
Edited by AZChristian
Had to do my recap.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Chris probably watched the video of her making meatloaf.  That's enough to make anyone sick.

"Ticketed" out?  Does she mean "tuckered" out?  

No, she meant ticketed, Felix was like I’m tired of all this walking, poorly made videos, and trying to figure out what the heck a springfoAm pan is.  My friends and I got our tickets and we’re outta here 😂

pg-14.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&re

ETA: I love Felix and hope he’s having a good time on the walks and not getting too tuckered out.  Didn’t he hurt his leg or something before or was that Matt’s dog?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

145CFE2B-ADB2-4FC1-815B-383651530CF6.jpeg

E0671F77-E635-4B2F-872B-B6AF92F88265.jpeg

Normally I'd say WTH, Amy, your guy isn't feeling well and trying to unpack, so you bail instead of helping, but honestly, I feel like bailing on him actually was the most helpful thing she could have done. She needs to take it easy with Felix though, 5 miles seems like an awful lot for such a little dog. I hope she's at least giving him some water along the way. 

• Love 11

She should have called her recipe "Armpit Meatloaf".

I'm getting annoyed with many of the cooking shows now too. They insert a script of fake activities that cause them to prepare the recipes. No need for that fake fluff; just present the recipe....they HAVE A COOKING SHOW and we all know that. Even the descriptions of the episodes in the guide waste space telling us about their 'activities'...." Pioneer Woman is preparing a fun lunch for her kids who are tired after sports practice, so she decides to make 'this'"....ridiculous. Amy is doing the same....."Chris and I are having company for dinner, so I'm cooking..this." Just present the recipe and keep quiet about the fluff.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Amy is doing the same....."Chris and I are having company for dinner, so I'm cooking..this." Just present the recipe and keep quiet about the fluff.

Especially since most of the time her spiel would end with " . . . except they had to cancel."  

I don't watch many cooking shows.  If the cook talks about things like "making lunch for the kids," do the kids ever show up at the end to eat?  No one seems to show up at Amy's.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

She should have called her recipe "Armpit Meatloaf".

I'm getting annoyed with many of the cooking shows now too. They insert a script of fake activities that cause them to prepare the recipes. No need for that fake fluff; just present the recipe....they HAVE A COOKING SHOW and we all know that. Even the descriptions of the episodes in the guide waste space telling us about their 'activities'...." Pioneer Woman is preparing a fun lunch for her kids who are tired after sports practice, so she decides to make 'this'"....ridiculous. Amy is doing the same....."Chris and I are having company for dinner, so I'm cooking..this." Just present the recipe and keep quiet about the fluff.

Yes! I totally agree! It is so annoying. A lot of recipe sites go on and on about how they came across the recipe, how they 'tweaked' it to fit their own taste, and on and on. I came for the damn recipe, not their damn life biography. So annoying!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Yes! I totally agree! It is so annoying. A lot of recipe sites go on and on about how they came across the recipe, how they 'tweaked' it to fit their own taste, and on and on. I came for the damn recipe, not their damn life biography. So annoying!

Exactly so annoying I usually fast forward or scroll or do whatever is necessary to get to the recipe.

The other thing that makes me want to scream and I see it on every recipe site.... when the recipe is for meatloaf (or whatever) and the ingredients are Ground beef, Rice, Onion, celery, 1 egg, ketchup, panko bread crumbs etc... And then people comment shit like this  "I didn't have ground beef or onion etc.. so I used ground turkey, rice, shredded carrot, 4 cloves of garlic, can of tomato soup, 4 slices of bread chopped, etc.. and it was OK but I wouldn't recommend this recipe"

You didn't make the recipe...moron!  😡

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Amy never has the exact ingredients, always saying she is using things she had in her “fridgerator”.  Doesn’t everyone want to go to dinner at someone’s house where they say they cleaned out their fridgerator to make the meal.  Also, I never heard of putting Italian sausage meat in meatloaf, but to each his own.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly so annoying I usually fast forward or scroll or do whatever is necessary to get to the recipe.

The other thing that makes me want to scream and I see it on every recipe site.... when the recipe is for meatloaf (or whatever) and the ingredients are Ground beef, Rice, Onion, celery, 1 egg, ketchup, panko bread crumbs etc... And then people comment shit like this  "I didn't have ground beef or onion etc.. so I used ground turkey, rice, shredded carrot, 4 cloves of garlic, can of tomato soup, 4 slices of bread chopped, etc.. and it was OK but I wouldn't recommend this recipe"

You didn't make the recipe...moron!  😡

Yah, they change the original recipe with their replacements, and list every change then tell you it was just 'ok' and not recommended!  What the hell?! Then shut the f**k up and don't post what you changed. Omg.

Oh and I am so sick of close ups of Amy. I scroll by them fast so I don't have to look at her face. I know I sound so mean, but I seriously can't look at her close ups.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Yah, they change the original recipe with their replacements, and list every change then tell you it was just 'ok' and not recommended!  What the hell?! Then shut the f**k up and don't post what you changed. Omg.

Oh and I am so sick of close ups of Amy. I scroll by them fast so I don't have to look at her face. I know I sound so mean, but I seriously can't look at her close ups.

I agree and..The thing that bugs me is that she can look nice if she'd just quit with the super close ups with her wide open mouth! Teeth and gums in your face....plus every wrinkle looks like the Grand Canyon.

Her friend Deb took a very nice pic of them last week and Amy even said how Deb's pics make her look nice.... But then.. she's right back to the TOO CLOSE horror pics.

I wouldn't think anything of it if she was just a private person living her life but I think it's kind of strange for someone in the public eye.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Imagine Chris has to make sweet love to her. 

• LOL 5

I don’t understand why Amy can’t pre-measure her ingredients.  I mean it’s one thing for maybe a soup, ok, you can add more of these or less of that, but she does it for baking too.  Those measurements should be pretty exact.  Plus she’d already have the stuff measured in little bowls, so it be less cumbersome while she was taping. I guess she doesn’t care enough to do that, but if you really want to know how to make the recipe why bother watching the video, when you just Google the real recipe with measurements.  I guess people just watch because they like Amy or to see how many ingredients are missing or mispronounced.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t understand why Amy can’t pre-measure her ingredients.  I mean it’s one thing for maybe a soup, ok, you can add more of these or less of that, but she does it for baking too.  Those measurements should be pretty exact.  Plus she’d already have the stuff measured in little bowls, so it be less cumbersome while she was taping. I guess she doesn’t care enough to do that, but if you really want to know how to make the recipe why bother watching the video, when you just Google the real recipe with measurements.  I guess people just watch because they like Amy or to see how many ingredients are missing or mispronounced.  

I think it's obvious that she just doesn't want to be bothered which would be her business if she wasn't doing cooking videos or trying to get her own cooking show.

Amy doesn't want to: Roll up her sleeves, remove her jewelery, wash her hands, quit wiping her nose, quit talking with her mouth full of food, quit coughing into her hand, quit touching her hair, quit itching her ears, quit pushing Felix away with her hand, quit licking her fingers and then using the same fingers to wipe batter back into the bowl, prepare her ingredients in advance and give precise measurements etc...etc...etc.

It was a stark contrast to watch her bake with her friend Deb.... Deb reached for a clean spatula or spoon etc every time she touched the food.... Deb never licked her fingers or touched ingredients while wearing jewelery or spoke with her mouth full of food or anything else... I was hoping that Amy might take notice but she didn't, she just kept doing the same things she always does.

• Love 10

I think we may be back to there are three kinds of people in the world: those who learn from their own mistakes, those who learn from other peoples' mistakes, and those who never learn.

Amy seems to be type III:  those who never learn.  I don't understand it either, but they exist.  I don't know whether they are simply completely satisfied with how they are so see no need to change, don't see what seems obvious to the rest of us (oblivious), or see it but don't know what to do to change or how to change, or some other reason.  The ones I've known have mostly been the first reason.  They saw no reason to change.  The rest of the world having an issue with how they did things meant the rest of us were wrong for noticing or caring. 

It could be an interesting conversation with Amy if one could be held without making her completely defensive.  Of course, going completely defensive could possibly be an answer of feeling like she had no reason to change or would refuse to change just to be stubborn.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

On the rare occasions when the ingredients are pre-measured, she still can't be bothered to be exact.  She'll look at the little bowl and say, "Add about - hmm, I think this looks like - 3/4 cup of onions."  That's not much help to those trying to follow the recipe.  

I confess.  I watch it like a demolition derby.  I know things will go wrong, but I just want to see HOW wrong.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Anybody happen to notice Amy was wearing chopped onion on her cheek during the Meatloaf madness!

She posted it anyway.

Isn’t this at least the second video where she has had onions stuck to her face? LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

On the rare occasions when the ingredients are pre-measured, she still can't be bothered to be exact.  She'll look at the little bowl and say, "Add about - hmm, I think this looks like - 3/4 cup of onions."  That's not much help to those trying to follow the recipe.  

I confess.  I watch it like a demolition derby.  I know things will go wrong, but I just want to see HOW wrong.

I understand, I watch to see how many times the measurements change and what goofy filler story she comes up with at the beginning.

• Love 4

I watched Amy and Lisa’s live. Shoot me now.

Amy and Chris are getting married at the end of August.

Amy had “no idea” how much a wedding costs.

Lisa is helping her with a budget.

Amy has “no idea” if TLC will film the wedding.

Amy says the wedding will be the same if TLC films, or not.

Amy is hopeful her father will be able to attend. If he can’t, plan b is having her brother walk her down the aisle.

Amy ate fudge, cheese, and a couple of raspberries during the live.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Pioneer Woman annoys the crap out of me too.

Now Amy is selling masks. 

Plastic color coded Jesus bracelets.

Grifters, all of them.

Anything for a buck. 

And to avoid having to go to a real job.

• Love 8
On 1/27/2021 at 4:13 PM, iwantcookies said:

Imagine Chris has to make sweet love to her. 

Thanks for having the balls to say what I've been thinking for a long time!

Amy probably complains to Chris that the sex wasn't good enough. 

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Ate a lot of fudge and cheese during the live.  Lisa kept saying things about the amount of fudge being consumed.

E7C210AB-60E4-46C4-A6D0-69B2DD89CB17.jpeg

Talking with a mouth full of fudge

E436399E-9A08-4083-96DD-2A7D8A5964A4.jpeg

I tried to watch to see what she'd have to say but the sight of her mouth full of food as she pushed it around with her tongue, chewed and talked with her mouth full made it very hard to watch,  What the hell is wrong with her? plus she keeps leaning in to the camera with all this shit half chewed in her mouth and her cheeks puffed out like a squirrel because she has no idea about a "small bite" of anything and always crams in as much food as possible. I sometimes think that Lisa is horrified.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5