Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Apparently, she doesn't like to pay for things, so maybe a marketing opportunity for the dentist might get her to have her teeth cleaned.

Hmm that's probably a lot of the reason Matt divorced her.  Amy is cheap and Matt knew that 'money draws money' so they had to spend to make these big dreams come true! 

He had to fight with her every time he had an idea for the farm and to make the show better!

Amy was like a 500# weight on Matt's back!

Caryn has to be like a breath of fresh air.

I was going to say 'poor Chris' but I'm pretty sure he hasn't had an original, money making idea in his lifetime!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The description on her site doesn’t give the information, but zooming in, it seems these are 8oz each. I’m not one to use such things, I stick with what I know, sensitive skin here. Is this overpriced?

Given that it's Amy selling it . . . is this a rhetorical question?

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was going to say 'poor Chris' but I'm pretty sure he hasn't had an original, money making idea in his lifetime!

By all reports he's reasonably success at real estate, owned a home before meeting Amy, and had money for expensive toys. He seems to have no money issues. 

50 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

On a positive note, I don't know exactly why he does but I do believe Chris does love her and wants to marry her. Unless he is a total psycho pulling a long con. Which I don't believe. I don't think he is in this for the money. He connected with her and went for it and I hope that they both wind up living happily ever after.

Agreed. There's not enough money involved to make it a long con and frankly its way too public for a con.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Can you imagine that she looked at this picture and thought, "Yep, that's a good one"????

Maybe she asks "her man" if he thinks it's a good photo? And Chris  responds with "My woman, my love... you look beautiful". 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
13 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe she asks "her man" if he thinks it's a good photo? And Chris  responds with "My woman, my love... you look beautiful". 

Because he's told her the truth before and the reaction was NOT something he wants to experience again???

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Short recap of the “Live” last night.  Wedding photographer has been booked, still no venue but the wedding will be in late summer of this year. She would not give the date.  Having no venue but picking a date and booking that same photographer they all use makes me think the wedding will be at the farm.  Same old stuff about Covid and adjusting and being nice to each other.  New fudge flavors coming out, and talk about Valentines Day.  Chris was home packing.  More than a few “You Guyses” from Amy.  Nothing about Jacob.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Short recap of the “Live” last night.  Wedding photographer has been booked, still no venue but the wedding will be in late summer of this year. She would not give the date.  Having no venue but picking a date and booking that same photographer they all use makes me think the wedding will be at the farm.  

Like a photographer would take a gig without knowing where it's going to be.  It's probably either the farm or their backyard.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Baby Bode is adorable!

Poor little guy they've been calling him "squish" and "chunk" because he's so chubby and today she posted videos of "Squish" and Ember calling him "squisher" and "chunk" and they all laugh about it being "Squishes" first birthday.

He's the happiest baby and I think he's a cutie-pie ❤

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I forgot to mention that during the live Amy referred to herself as a “celebrity”.  🤣

A "celebrity" can be defined as a "well-known person."  She's well known for her ineptitude and other not-nice things.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

A "celebrity" can be defined as a "well-known person."  She's well known for her ineptitude and other not-nice things.

I mean, she's also been on a tv show since 2005. I mean, all the Roloffs can claim some celebrity status.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm watching this video, and she's doing the same thing.....a little bit of this, maybe a tablespoon or more, add a little pepper and a little salt.  Then she adds a little more salt.  Forgot the garlic, so added maybe two cloves.  In other words, she still doesn't have a complete recipe before she begins to cook. 🙄  Back to watching.  When did she add the liquid to the mushrooms that she's sautéing? 

Someone just posted this on YouTube:  "Every recipe and video you create is made with such care and perfection!"  LOL 

Edited by DonnaMae
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I just endured that mushroom soup video....Amy is still doing way too much talking. Stick to the recipe. She still can't speak English correctly: "porbello" mushrooms, "suscribe" and " frigerator". How many times must she repeat"immersion blender" and "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen"? I also was looking for the addition of the white wine and whatever liquid she added. There was a box of something which looked like ready made broth on the counter; perhaps she added broth too and just didn't tell us? Touched her hair and put her fingers on the part of the spoon that went into the pot that she tasted the soup with. Another example of not being prepared. She sounded very fake/nice again, too. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

On Amy's mushroom soup video: That pot was way too small for the amount she was cooking. You can see that the soup spilled out and down the side of the pot. What grossed me out was the next day when she was reheating the soup, she obviously didn't put the soup in a clean storage container overnight and didn't WASH the pot. It had those same spill marks down the side. She also was reheating the soup with the cooking spoon IN THE POT. Too much to list here. Why does she continue to post these awful videos?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

On Amy's mushroom soup video: That pot was way too small for the amount she was cooking. You can see that the soup spilled out and down the side of the pot. What grossed me out was the next day when she was reheating the soup, she obviously didn't put the soup in a clean storage container overnight and didn't WASH the pot. It had those same spill marks down the side. She also was reheating the soup with the cooking spoon IN THE POT. Too much to list here. Why does she continue to post these awful videos?

She posts them because people are watching them and she gets a check every week, month!  Amy has no problem doing a video and looking like a fool as long as she's paid.  Sad but true!

• Love 3

I had to laugh at the pecan tart video, she practically rubbed her nose on the spice jars smelling them.  The recipe I have is similar only the crust is a cream cheese crust.  I don’t like mushroom soup so it would never look good to me, just bad no matter who made it.  It was her usual video, mispronouncing the ingredients, using her fingers, rolling out dough with all those rings on her hand.  I always find the best part of the videos is Felix lurking around the kitchen!  I did read a comment where someone corrected her on the pronunciation portobello aka portabella , she called them “porbella”.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

Why does she continue to post these awful videos?

Her fans love them. 🙄  Why?  These people who love her cooking videos probably don't appreciate a really good cook like Ina Garten.

• Love 3
On 1/11/2021 at 4:20 PM, ginger90 said:

Cooking video:

Amy Roloff making cream of mushroom soup is all I need to hear. I do NOT want to see what went in to that bowl of slop. I don't have a clue how to make mushroom soup from scratch. I assume that would be fresh picked mushrooms and what ever other fresh ingredients go into it.

maybe I'll watch since I have nothing else to do at the moment.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Amy Roloff making cream of mushroom soup is all I need to hear. I do NOT want to see what went in to that bowl of slop. I don't have a clue how to make mushroom soup from scratch. I assume that would be fresh picked mushrooms and what ever other fresh ingredients go into it.

maybe I'll watch since I have nothing else to do at the moment.

We watched it because we're that bored.  These are my comments:

• It's paprika, not papparika.
  • Learn the proper usage of bring vs. take.
  • Worried about pronouncing "cremini" correctly, but not so much regarding "porbella."
  • "Garnishment" is not parsley on top of a bowl of soup.  It is when money is legally withheld from your paycheck and sent to another party. 
  • That pot would have been hard to clean on day one.  On day two, she REALLY burned the stuff onto the outside of it.
  • How much stock and/or wine went into the soup?
  • When you make the rub, do you use the same amount of papparika as you do brown sugar?
  • Has she ever make a complete recipe without forgetting an ingredient?
  • Really?  You call it a green salad because everything in it is green?  Mind.Blown.
  • Did she end up eating alone, or did Chris and their guests eventually show up?

We needed a good laugh today.  Now we've had one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:
  • Did she end up eating alone, or did Chris and their guests eventually show up?

Maybe they "threw up".  

But AZ your recap of the video is f'n funny! I love Papparika...next of kin to Mammarika. And "porbella"!

"Garnishments"...😀 Amy Rollof's little kitchen videos. The gift that keeps on giving.

• LOL 9

Sometimes I don't sleep well, and then my brain goes into overdrive and I start thinking of weird things.

About 4:00 this morning, I created a satirical video (in my mind) of myself doing a "cooking" video a la Amy.  I could demonstrate how to boil water here in AZChristian's medium-sized kitchen.  I'd use a dirty pot and - of course - would forget to have water handy.  The instructions would include, "If you need to boil two quarts of water and you want to use this pot, you'd have to fill it twice.  Or you could use a bigger pot.  Or you could use less water for your demonstration.  If you get the water out of the fridgerator, it will probably take longer to boil."

Seriously, doesn't that sound like something we'd see her do?

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Sometimes I don't sleep well, and then my brain goes into overdrive and I start thinking of weird things.

About 4:00 this morning, I created a satirical video (in my mind) of myself doing a "cooking" video a la Amy.  I could demonstrate how to boil water here in AZChristian's medium-sized kitchen.  I'd use a dirty pot and - of course - would forget to have water handy.  The instructions would include, "If you need to boil two quarts of water and you want to use this pot, you'd have to fill it twice.  Or you could use a bigger pot.  Or you could use less water for your demonstration.  If you get the water out of the fridgerator, it will probably take longer to boil."

Bahahaha  That's awesome! Thanks for the laugh! 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Too funny but true... that's exactly how she teeter totters along.

Her need to talk constantly reveals how little she knows about cooking.

Sometimes I'm surprised by how little she knows... I always think "she knows just enough to be dangerous"

One of her chicken recipes had me waiting for someone to keel over from food poisoning because she cooked it so fast it still looked raw and even Amy mumbled a couple times wondering if it was done?..... I was thinking why even chance it, I'd rather be served chicken slightly well done than undercooked chicken. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

One of her chicken recipes had me waiting for someone to keel over from food poisoning because she cooked it so fast it still looked raw and even Amy mumbled a couple times wondering if it was done?..... I was thinking why even chance it, I'd rather be served chicken slightly well done than undercooked chicken. 

Why not just buy and use an instant read food thermometer?  I tend to check most meat that I cook to be sure.  For $15 Amy could teach people a little food safety and be sure herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Absolom said:

Why not just buy and use an instant read food thermometer?  I tend to check most meat that I cook to be sure.  For $15 Amy could teach people a little food safety and be sure herself.

I recall that video and I don't think she had one.

I kept waiting for her to stick a thermometer into the chicken but she just kept flipping it around with a fork, leaning in, looking at it closely and poking at it as she mumbled if was fully cooked or not.

I have a thing about meat being fully cooked so it was driving me nuts.

• Love 5

Amy is late night baking and once again bites off way too much and proceeds to talk, chew, swallow, push the food around with her tongue, chew, swallow, gulp, chew, cough, chew,,, then she finally puts the viewers out of their misery and puts her hand over her mouth as she continues chewing and swallowing.,, UGH!

At one point I thought she might choke to death.

Why does she always fill her mouth to the brim when doing a taste test... for goodness sake break off a tiny piece or take a small little bite, don't fill your mouth to the point where you can barely close it.

The muffins were FLAT as pancakes didn't rise up properly at all.

She says she baked them for 15 minutes but the recipe says 15 to 25 minutes.

amy1.jpg

amy2.jpg

amy3.jpg

amy4.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2