Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ginger90

Amy

Recommended Posts


36 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Just so everyone understands I don't dislike EVERYTHING Amy does . . . the decorations are cute.

I too was presently surprised!  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

 Chris seems to be in many more pics than in the past. Maybe just getting in the happy mood for the upcoming wedding and the start of a great life with Amy. 😊

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

The Nativity is nice, don’t care much for all those stuffed things.

Same here, I'm not a big fan of stuffed toys as Xmas decor.

I think the nativity scene and candles are a very nice display 👍

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

68BC0AD8-6A60-4542-AF39-9ED4A42EEDDD.jpeg

78B6B04B-A704-4817-BB3F-D81354641317.jpeg


 

How much?

FD16C471-C754-4163-84A3-F277F145A862.jpeg

Disclaimer:  This book does not include the (in)correct pronunciation of cooking ingredients and utensils, nor does it offer (un)healthy cooking practices and procedures.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

She had a post the other day modeling a mask for sale on her site. There were so many comments about the ridiculous pricing. Then there were comments telling those people to stop following her, and some applauding her for promoting wearing masks. 🤷🏼‍♀️

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She had a post the other day modeling a mask for sale on her site. There were so many comments about the ridiculous pricing. Then there were comments telling those people to stop following her, and some applauding her for promoting wearing masks. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I noticed a few posts with people saying that they bought a set but they weren't happy because they aren't wide enough and don't fit right which Amy deleted but some were determined to warn others about the fit and continued to say they weren't happy with the fit.

I bought a set of masks months ago (not from Amy) and I had the same problem, the design wasn't well thought out and they didn't fit right

I've since found some that I really like plus I also carry fresh disposable masks in my car just in case I forget my mask or need a new one for some reason.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I noticed a few posts with people saying that they bought a set but they weren't happy because they aren't wide enough and don't fit right which Amy deleted but some were determined to warn others about the fit and continued to say they weren't happy with the fit.

 

"Amy Roloff's Little Masks"

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I saw a young lady the other day who was wearing a plaid mask with matching plaid handbag. 

I hope Amy doesn't read this!

I guess masks are becoming a fashion accessory for some, I noticed Biden’s wife wearing one that matched her dress.  About Amy, lots of posts about the masks being to expensive and crappy.  Will never understand the hero worship for Amy.  Her cooking videos are terrible, she is nasty and a constant complainer, but to each his own I guess.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I guess masks are becoming a fashion accessory for some,

They've been a fashion accessory in some countries like Japan for awhile.  In the US I've now seen them matching wedding gowns, designer dresses and suits, and shoes.  I bought a four pack of masks with the little beads that you can move to adjust the elastic in four "fashion" colors that match many of my clothes.  

I wonder who they tried the masks on to set the pattern or if they bothered with that step. If Amy used something that fit her face or she liked as a basic pattern it might not work on a lot of people.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know it’s beating a dead horse but her recipe videos make no sense.  She’s always changing the amount of the ingredient she talking about.  She goes from using 1/4 cup of something to 1 1/2 cups.  She mispronounces the ingredients and the utensils, and she usually doesn’t have the all the ingredients for the recipe she’s making. I guess that’s why we get a pound of papaaarickka added to the spring foam pans.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Unfortunately, the videos I've seen of Amy cooking some of these recipes make the idea of paying to own a book of them rather depressing. Most of these recipes are so unremarkable anyone with basic cooking skills could just follow the written directions, assuming the directions are complete and linear enough to make sense. The videos are like Three Stooges episodes. Amy's helpful tips are along the lines of "Every kitchen should have a can opener because it makes opening cans so easy."

That appetizer of big pieces of peppers stuffed with cheese, saliva, and whatever else she could think of is still giving me heartburn just from watching. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

You can google any food item and get a recipe.  You don’t need Amy’s crappy recipe and pay to download her “little”  digital cookbook.  Here is Giada’s recipe, that Amy probably copied and made some variations to make it seem original.

CCF1676C-629F-4815-BF5C-07A56B4A4522.jpeg

Edited by LucyEth
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Here is Giada’s recipe, that Amy probably copied and made some variations to make it seem original.

What?!?!?!?

Giada left the "i" out of "Parmesian."

 

Capture.JPG

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Lisa and Amy wearing their decorations.  They spent time addressing the comments about Amy’s fake voice.  Looks like Amy and Chris will alone for Christmas, doesn’t sound like Jer or Zach are having dinner with her.

49B03C1F-0596-43DD-A5AA-2675EF8E5A77.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

What did they say?

Someone commented that they are glad she was using her normal voice and not her sing song selling voice.  Lisa did most of the explaining about how she is alone doing the videos now without help and Amy gets nervous and anxious, she is trying to get into it the best she can so her voice changes.  Amy said if she used her regular voice during the whole thing people would say she sounded harsh.  She said either way she can’t win.  They both said to give Amy some grace and be nice.  Lisa kept saying she is a human being people come on man!  Pulling a Biden! That is just some of it.  Oh she did say since everyone moved their wedding from 2020 to 2021 she is having a hard time finding a venue other than Roloff Farms.  There you have it, setting the table for a farm wedding.  

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Oh she did say since everyone moved their wedding from 2020 to 2021 she is having a hard time finding a venue other than Roloff Farms.  There you have it, setting the table for a farm wedding.  

Are you serious?  What about her own darned back yard that she loves so much with all its flowers, etc.?  How about City Hall?  JMO, I just don't think a second wedding (which I've never had) requires a big-deal venue.  Almost anywhere can be made nice . . . fly to a darned beach in Hawaii.  If your kids can't be bothered to come for Christmas, what are the chances they'll even come to the wedding?  (Especially if - like J&A - they apparently disapprove.)

21 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Someone commented that they are glad she was using her normal voice and not her sing song selling voice.  Lisa did most of the explaining about how she is alone doing the videos now without help and Amy gets nervous and anxious, she is trying to get into it the best she can so her voice changes.  Amy said if she used her regular voice during the whole thing people would say she sounded harsh.  She said either way she can’t win.  They both said to give Amy some grace and be nice.  

Why is she doing the videos without help?  If it's her new money-making thing, shouldn't she see the need to be professional and GET some help?  People are providing feedback with every video - just listening to the honest critiques would be beneficial.

"Give Amy some grace and be nice . . . "  Like she ever did for Matt?

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Someone suggested her own yard and she said they each have a list of 75 people, so I am assuming there will be 150 invited guests.  Yard to small.  It seems Lisa will be the maid of honor.  Amy hinted that they will be filming her asking Lisa.  This thing will be something to see!

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Someone suggested her own yard and she said they each have a list of 75 people, so I am assuming there will be 150 invited guests.  Yard to small.  It seems Lisa will be the maid of honor.  Amy hinted that they will be filming her asking Lisa.  This thing will be something to see!

I live in a mobile home park, and I think I could host 150 people in my yard.  Not for a sit-down dinner, but at least for hors d'oeuvres, champagne and cake.

Lisa has to know she's on the short list for the "honor" already.  It doesn't appear that Amy HAS a lot of friends.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I guess he knows who's boss.  I think a Hawaiian themed wedding would be wonderful, followed by a honeymoon in Hawaii.

Shoot, if she played her cards right, TLC might have been willing to pay for transportation, etc., to Hawaii.  They've done it for the Roloffs and others before.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

 Oh she did say since everyone moved their wedding from 2020 to 2021 she is having a hard time finding a venue other than Roloff Farms.  There you have it, setting the table for a farm wedding.  

I hope not because I honestly think its all kinds of problems and is basically production setting up massive fights between Matt and Amy. It's just not a good idea. Matt will make it all about how he's so accommodating but anything and everything Amy wants is inconvenient and horrendous, and Amy will not see that putting her wedding on the farm is a bad idea all around. 

I can see why TLC wants this - Matt sitting in his office bitching isn't that fascinating and Zach and Tory are boring and the kids are still nonverbal and don't take direction well. Amy getting married is indeed a storyline and one guaranteed to cause drama. This is just a bad idea all around.

15 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Shoot, if she played her cards right, TLC might have been willing to pay for transportation, etc., to Hawaii.  They've done it for the Roloffs and others before.

TLC hasn't paid for a nice vacation in a long time. Don't see it happening especially in these lingering days of Covid.

 

53 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Someone suggested her own yard and she said they each have a list of 75 people, so I am assuming there will be 150 invited guests.  Yard to small.  It seems Lisa will be the maid of honor.  Amy hinted that they will be filming her asking Lisa.  This thing will be something to see!

Now never let it be said that I blindly defend Amy because honestly, where I am *really* annoyed with this is Amy's hypocrisy. Way back when one of the idiot Kardashians was getting married for five seconds, Amy went on record with how offended she was over some celebrity famous for nothing was getting themselves a big giant wedding and tons of freebies all for, yup, letting their reality show film their sacred vows. 

Funny when it's Amy's wedding - and two of her four kids - she has no problem whoring out their special moments for money. I include Matt, Jer and Zach and wives in this as well, but Amy specifically because she made such a fucking deal over how bad it was to shop for tv sponsors for a wedding when it wasn't her family getting all the free stuff.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Are you serious? How about City Hall?  JMO, I just don't think a second wedding (which I've never had) requires a big-deal venue. 

Yes!!! She has that lovely koi pond in her backyard. Chris could bring his fish to the ceremony. 

I just don't get these older people making a big deal out of a second (third, fourth or fifth) marriage as far as the fanciness and frills. And the expensive venues and food.  I don't even get people blowing tens of thousands of dollars on a first wedding.

But that's just me...the woman who would rather save money to buy a nice home with my SO. Or just save for the future. 

However, I will still watch the Amy/Chris wedding frivolities. And come right back here to the "Snark Tank" to do what we do best!! 😀

 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I just don't get these older people making a big deal out of a second (third, fourth or fifth) marriage as far as the fanciness and frills. And the expensive venues and food.  I don't even get people blowing tens of thousands of dollars on a first wedding.

Neither do I to be honest, but I accept that I am often too practical. I would say, as described, Amy's first wedding sounds pretty bare bones, lacking the fanciness and frills. And it is Chris's first wedding and we mock but he  does seem to have a lot of family and friends who might want to attend. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Even if this is Chris’s first marriage/wedding at their age it seems silly to have a big affair.  I think it is absurd for a 56 year old woman, who is a divorced mother of 4 and a grandmother to walk down the aisle in big wedding gown, or should I say little wedding gown.  She has been around the block, they are not a young couple starting out for the first time, but again to each his own.

New video on instagram of her wrapping fudge as gift.  There are no words!

Edited by LucyEth · Reason: Added the fudge video
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

New video on instagram of her wrapping fudge as gift.  There are no words!

There truly aren't words for this. She didn't fold the edges evenly, and I didn't wait to see if she dumped it in the gift bag. That plate was tacky. Mostly, this video was to sell her fudge. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Well I watched it😎!  What can I say!  Amy used her little selling voice in her little kitchen!

The fudge gags me because I keep reverting back to that Lemon mess she called fudge!

Then the wrapping!  She’s kidding right?  If I got that package I would think for sure it was from a homeless person!  A grocery bag cut up with previously used tissue paper. 

Really Amy.    

9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

There truly aren't words for this. She didn't fold the edges evenly, and I didn't wait to see if she dumped it in the gift bag. That plate was tacky. Mostly, this video was to sell her fudge. 

Oh I thought she was teaching us how to wrap!  I got all caught up  in that moment and forgot there was fudge!!! 😉

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

LOL...forgets the ingredients when cooking and now she forgets the tape when wrapping.  Probably forgot the wrapping paper that’s why she’s  “wrapping” it with a grocery bag, and I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the gift bag wasn’t too put the fudge in , but there because that’s where she got the rumpled tissue paper from 🙄

  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

LOL...forgets the ingredients when cooking and now she forgets the tape when wrapping.  Probably forgot the wrapping paper that’s why she’s  “wrapping” it with a grocery bag, and I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the gift bag wasn’t too put the fudge in , but there because that’s where she got the rumpled tissue paper from 🙄

That rumpled tissue paper was probably in one of the half million boxes she took one year to pack up back at the ranch!

Now we know what was in one of them!  Ooey Evey!!!  🙄

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I watched that awful fudge wrapping video. Just a commercial to sell her fudge. She used that obviously fake 'nice voice'. This shows me that she really could be a bitch when speaking normally. It is such an effort for her to sound sweet when she speaks that it comes out as being fake. Still not prepared with her supplies....just like her awful cooking videos.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I watched that awful fudge wrapping video. Just a commercial to sell her fudge. She used that obviously fake 'nice voice'. This shows me that she really could be a bitch when speaking normally. It is such an effort for her to sound sweet when she speaks that it comes out as being fake. Still not prepared with her supplies....just like her awful cooking videos.

I watched it without sound last night while watching TV, and then watched it (with Mr. AZC) this morning with the sound on.  Then I checked out the website for the cost of the fudge.  The pumpkin and vanilla walnut come in one pack, and the chocolate is separate in another pack.  So here's a price breakdown for the "gift" she just "wrapped":

Fudge:  $29.96 (each pack is $29.99, but if you bought one pack of each, you'd have enough for 2 gifts)
Plate:  $1 at the Dollar Store
Glitter tissue:  Free from stack of used tissue in her basement
Regular tissue:  Ditto
Old grocery bag:  Free.  But how long has it been since groceries came in brown bags?  
Curly ribbon:  (See plate value above)

And she's still throwing her trash on the work surface here, just like she does in the kitchen.  Love how she wanted to show the second unwrapped plate of fudge, but had to move all the ribbon plastic and cut ends so you could see it.  

Mr. AZC looked at the video and said, "Is this like a comedy thing she does?"  IDK about you, but I didn't see any "love" in that gift.  I saw a clueless greedy person who is overly impressed with herself, sending out a message that she thinks the rest of the world is stupid enough to be roped into buying wrapped fudge at a highly inflated price, just because SHE says so.

I just looked up See's chocolate to compare.  They have a 1-pound box of QUALITY fudge that includes Chocolate Walnut, Vanilla Walnut, and Bordeaux Pecan in a charming holiday gift box.  Then you could just drop that lovely box into a gift bag with some NEW tissue paper . . . for $24.95.  

Why do these reality "stars" think people will pay more for something of unknown quality when GOOD stuff is out there for less?  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Matt!  Say what you want about him but living with Amy had to be hell!

Matt surely has his faults but he did make them all a truckload of money and he did have to eat her food all those years!

I wonder if she used her sweet, selling voice or her regular hateful voice on her family?  Enough said!

 

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Like 9
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size