Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

When she did her “live” before Thanksgiving she said Zach and Tori usually go to Tori’s family for Thanksgiving and might stop by her place for dessert.   Either they don’t keep her informed or she lied.  Tori and Zach were in Arizona with Matt and Caryn.  About the picture above of Jer and Aud at her place for dinner, a lot of the comments are talking about a feud between Aud and Tori.  Of course Amy or none of them will talk about anything really good, like the possible feud.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Of course Amy or none of them will talk about anything really good, like the possible feud.  

In fairness, how many of us discuss private family gripes and fights and feuds with random strangers in any setting? Throwing gasoline on the fire tends to make the fire worse. 

I also kinda suspect the drama might not be that dramatic. 

• Love 2

Matt and Amy air most of their grievances and fight all the time on the show.  They are all constantly on social media informing us of every little thing they do, but won’t address the obvious rift even when they are asked.  I think it is plenty dramatic if Aud and Tori are on the outs and the families are not seen in the same place at the same time anymore.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Matt and Amy air most of their grievances and fight all the time on the show.  They are all constantly on social media informing us of every little thing they do, but won’t address the obvious rift even when they are asked.

Agree and disagree. They certainly engage with each other and air their grievances publically - although Matt also likes to insist that their many many fights are basically staged by production and he and Amy have a lovely off screen relationship. I myself doubt this because neither is a good enough actor to make me buy it. The *big* grievance never aired is Matt's affair with Caryn and that is kind of a big one to ignore. 

But a bigger point is that Matt and Amy rarely discuss the possible grievances of the kids. Jake leaving the show and having some harsh things to say? Never seems to come up with Matt ever, and Amy usually just say he had a hard time filming. They never discuss the money issue he raised.  They don't share why Molly seems to have chosen to exit with just rare visits. So, if Auj and Tory are having a spat - and I never bought that those two were besties, I can see Matt and Amy being quiet about it. 

My own opinion is that Zach and Jer are very different people living different lives. Jeremy has until recently been the coddled prince and heir, and Zach was the much lesser brother. But now Zach is the adult child  willing to participate in the family business - the show, not the farm although the farm is the ultimate prize - and likely has some expectations on being rewarded for showing more family loyalty. I also wonder if Matt's rather blatant favoritism of grandchildren is causing some of the rift. People in my family have stopped talking for less and its certainly not something either Amy or Matt would want publicized.   

• Love 6
8 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Agree and disagree. They certainly engage with each other and air their grievances publically - although Matt also likes to insist that their many many fights are basically staged by production and he and Amy have a lovely off screen relationship. I myself doubt this because neither is a good enough actor to make me buy it. The *big* grievance never aired is Matt's affair with Caryn and that is kind of a big one to ignore. 

But a bigger point is that Matt and Amy rarely discuss the possible grievances of the kids. Jake leaving the show and having some harsh things to say? Never seems to come up with Matt ever, and Amy usually just say he had a hard time filming. They never discuss the money issue he raised.  They don't share why Molly seems to have chosen to exit with just rare visits. So, if Auj and Tory are having a spat - and I never bought that those two were besties, I can see Matt and Amy being quiet about it. 

My own opinion is that Zach and Jer are very different people living different lives. Jeremy has until recently been the coddled prince and heir, and Zach was the much lesser brother. But now Zach is the adult child  willing to participate in the family business - the show, not the farm although the farm is the ultimate prize - and likely has some expectations on being rewarded for showing more family loyalty. I also wonder if Matt's rather blatant favoritism of grandchildren is causing some of the rift. People in my family have stopped talking for less and its certainly not something either Amy or Matt would want publicized.   

I can totally see Jeremy retreating from Zach now that Zach doesn't seem himself as the "weaker" twin and Jeremy doesn't have the superiority advantage.  Zach has definitely seemed to gained more confidence and probably doesn't revere Jeremy as his bigger and better brother like he once did.  There may also be some political issues at play.  Jacob is very vocal on Twitter about how much he disagrees with Jeremy's political views.  

The other thing is that Auj and Jeremy's lives are "curated" to seem perfect, whereas Tori and Zach are more willing to show us that they're more like real people who don't always get it right.  From my own experience, it's really tiring to try to have a relationship with people who can never be real and don't have humility.

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Give and buy, apparently:

5BB5A422-05D3-4000-9DCA-B4F68904290C.jpeg

93A96C07-8E66-436C-9E00-830511FDD23F.jpeg

3ED172C1-99B0-4622-BF70-3AE3BFA35DC3.jpeg

I have to admit that I just got one of these Revlon hairdryer brushes myself and it's like a little piece of heaven.  I had been getting Brazilian Blowouts on my hair (it's thick, inconsistently curly/frizzy., and takes forever to dry) pre-COVID and have read the great reviews on this thing.  I'd also read that it's easier to use than a hairdryer and a brush, so I got my mom one, too because she has rotator cuff issues that make it hard to style her hair.  Anyhoo, let me say that I LOVE it and also wish I'd gotten one sooner!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Give and buy, apparently:

5BB5A422-05D3-4000-9DCA-B4F68904290C.jpeg

93A96C07-8E66-436C-9E00-830511FDD23F.jpeg

3ED172C1-99B0-4622-BF70-3AE3BFA35DC3.jpeg

I wonder what she’s using that got rid of her poor skin?  Now that’s the miracle. Lol

2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I have to admit that I just got one of these Revlon hairdryer brushes myself and it's like a little piece of heaven.  I had been getting Brazilian Blowouts on my hair (it's thick, inconsistently curly/frizzy., and takes forever to dry) pre-COVID and have read the great reviews on this thing.  I'd also read that it's easier to use than a hairdryer and a brush, so I got my mom one, too because she has rotator cuff issues that make it hard to style her hair.  Anyhoo, let me say that I LOVE it and also wish I'd gotten one sooner!

Link.  Thanks. I could use something like that!

25 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Could it be Photoshop? 

My first thought is that she's learning how to photoshop from Meri Brown (Sister Wives).  LOL.

Also . . . I don't know what I was thinking that she would sell this in Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen.  She would sell it in Amy Roloff's Little Bathroom, right?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My first thought is that she's learning how to photoshop from Meri Brown (Sister Wives).  LOL.

Meri fixes herself up pretty good.  Her pics look nothing like the real Meri

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, AZChristian said:

What?  No link or logo to sell this at Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen????

No but still shilling,  SWIPE UP and use her code AMY20

Tori and Auj both shilled the same brush a few weeks ago

amyamy.jpg

49 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Just watched the video.  She had several people complaining about her efforts and that silly childlike voice she uses from time to time.  

Here are a few comments———Please chew with your mouth shut, no one wants to see that. You shove food around with your tongue when you talk, it’s repulsive. Zach does the same thing. I really notice it from family dinners years ago. It can’t be a little person thing because Matt manages to eat without us seeing him tonsils!————-love the show but she has some bad habits she needs to fix... I know everyone does but if your going to do live shows for everyone to see bad habits need to be fixed.———-You shouldn’t 😂eat while explaining you keep popping your tongue out like a lizard———Gross, not talking about the food. Clearly not a pro.🤔🤣🤣

She took a beating on this one.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think I need a legal pad to jot down all of the things I want to snark on!

I only made it halfway through....it's like a Lifetime movie. Some parts are (unintentionally) funny, some parts are gross. Some parts are confusing. But my favorite part is the dog trolling around in the background for bits of food Amy has dropped on the floor!!

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Did you notice that she used the same teaspoon she had twice used to taste the cheese concoction to then fill the peppers with the cheese? 🙄

I thought that was what she did but then thought no she wouldn't!  Yep that's Amy!

I have a thing about food and if I was Amy's Dil  I wouldn't be able to eat her food!  I'm pretty sure they watch each other's videos and read comments!

• Love 4

I probably would have passed on that appetizer because it wasn't appetizing, even without the video that revealed the used tasting spoon and the trash on the counter. The cheese was bland, so she kept throwing stuff in the mixture to the point she hardly knew what was in it. The pepper pieces were all cut differently, so the arrangement looked random. I would have headed for the cheese and cracker plate because it's reliable. 

Her daughters-in-law probably make themselves eat Amy's food to keep her happy. Auj figures her magic oils protect her, and I don't know what Tori depends on. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Did you notice that she used the same teaspoon she had twice used to taste the cheese concoction to then fill the peppers with the cheese? 🙄

Yes I noticed and I actually rewound the video and watched it again to make sure she hadn't switched spoons.

I couldn't believe that she filled the peppers with the same spoon that was in her mouth TWICE! 😲

As usual she took a huge bite to do her taste test, crammed her mouth so full that she had to chew with her mouth wide open and as usual she's talking the whole time!

What's wrong with her, why can't she figure out that to do the taste test you just need a tiny little bite or better yet chop off a tiny piece with a knife and place it in your mouth and then STFU while you chew and swallow! 

People on IG were disgusted and she couldn't delete the comments fast enough.

I had a couple peppers and the other ingredients so I mixed up a small batch and popped them in the oven for 15 minutes like Amy said.... Don't waste your time or ingredients I've tasted cheese mixtures with a lot more flavor.

I wound up popping her peppers back in oven for a few more minutes to soften, release more flavor and brown the topping... meanwhile I took a French baguette, sliced it thin like crostini, rubbed with olive oil and garlic then toasted brown... I sat one of her peppers on top of each crostini and sprinkled with the rest of the chopped bacon (Amy left her extra bacon on her counter, she should have used it for topping)... IMO it was much better on the crispy garlic toast slices... It had a nice crunch plus cooking her mixture a bit longer helped to develop the flavor of all the ingredients instead of just heavy on the ricotta/parmesan flavor.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Here are a few comments———Please chew with your mouth shut, no one wants to see that. You shove food around with your tongue when you talk, it’s repulsive. Zach does the same thing. I really notice it from family dinners years ago. It can’t be a little person thing because Matt manages to eat without us seeing him tonsils!————-love the show but she has some bad habits she needs to fix... I know everyone does but if your going to do live shows for everyone to see bad habits need to be fixed.———-You shouldn’t 😂eat while explaining you keep popping your tongue out like a lizard———Gross, not talking about the food. Clearly not a pro.🤔🤣🤣

She took a beating on this one.

The problem with Amy is instead of using the feedback to improve her presentations she just digs in her heels and does it twice as much.

I nearly fell off my chair when she used her tasting spoon to fill the peppers!...some things can be an oversight but not using a spoon you've had in your mouth twice should be OBVIOUS.

Her habit of cramming as much food in her mouth as possible for tasting is absolutely bizarre.. she shoved the pepper into her mouth, ripped and tore at it with her teeth like a T-Rex and then chewed, talked, shoved the blob of half chewed food around with her tongue, talked, chewed with mouth open for the longest time because her mouth is too damn full,  STOP THAT!

At one point during the video she actually gags and coughs a bit.... I was worried she might choke.

To do your taste test just cut off a small piece and place it into your mouth then chew and swallow it, if it's just a tiny piece it will only take a few seconds to chew and swallow then give your opinion, she winds up chewing forever because she takes HUGE bites and she can barely chew them because her mouth is so damn full.

Overall the recipe sounded bland and as someone else said she kept throwing in more ingredients to give it a kick.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

She needs some sharper knives too, as even she admitted and asked if people used electric knife sharpeners. Ugh. Get them professionally sharpened if you're an Internet chef. My older son is a real chef and he doesn't sharpen his own knives. That bacon chopping took five minutes at least. It pained me to see that dull knife being defeated by that stack of limp meat. 

• Love 4

I watched one of her cooking videos (can't remember what she was making)  and that was it for me. Never again. The T-rex description that was mentioned above in a post is dead on. And what's up with her voice? You can tell she's trying to sound so nice and sweet. She is truly disgusting. So much so that I can't even look at her face anymore. And Omg, she is as dull as her knives!

And why, oh why does she have the need to get her face, front and center, in every freaking photo she takes?! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I watched one of her cooking videos (can't remember what she was making)  and that was it for me. Never again. The T-rex description that was mentioned above in a post is dead on. And what's up with her voice? You can tell she's trying to sound so nice and sweet. She is truly disgusting. So much so that I can't even look at her face anymore. And Omg, she is as dull as her knives!

And why, oh why does she have the need to get her face, front and center, in every freaking photo she takes?! 

That's Amy. Can't understand why she has so many gushing comments in her little kitchen videos.

• Love 6

I teach online, and I listen to and use feedback to make decisions about what to change. Amy has been told a hundred times not to say, "for Chris and I." She's been criticized for throwing garbage on the countertop and being too disorganized to find ingredients without running around off camera. The licking, wiping, hair and face touching, and coughing don't stop or get edited out. These videos just don't get better. Amy comes off as arrogant and stubborn. That's sad because she could do better if she put her mind to it. 

Amy gets caught up in her own sense of celebrity. Staying relevant involves hard work, and she's just lazy about it. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

She needs some sharper knives too, as even she admitted and asked if people used electric knife sharpeners. Ugh. Get them professionally sharpened if you're an Internet chef. My older son is a real chef and he doesn't sharpen his own knives. That bacon chopping took five minutes at least. It pained me to see that dull knife being defeated by that stack of limp meat. 

Omg.. THIS!!

She hacked and chopped at the bacon forever and still had some large chunks, get some proper knives and like you said if she seriously wants to be a cook/chef get them professionally sharpened.

She's so clueless and awkward, her knife was so dull it could barely cut the green onion and wound up sort of tearing and shredding the end of it, she also doesn't seem to realize it would be much quicker and more effective to chop the green onion into 3 or 4 chunks then line them up and cut all at the same time.

Has she taken any cooking lessons at all?.... I'm wondering because she doesn't seem to know the proper way to do anything.

And for goodness sake... I wish she would stop using that fake baby voice and asking people to "SUScribe" to her YouTube channel.

Hubby takes our knives and has them sharpened regularly and neither of us are trying to be online celebrity chefs like Amy but we both appreciate a good sharp knife for chopping, carving, slicing etc when we cook.

When she said "how are those electric knife sharpeners, do they actually work?" I had to roll my eyes. 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I agree wholeheartedly with the criticism of the peppers appetizer video. One more issue I have is: How many times in one video must Amy say "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen"? We all know where she is and what her 'brand' is named. Really, Amy, please hire a script writer and STICK TO IT. Also, prepare your ingredients AND make sure you have all of your cooking tools right there within easy reach. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Omg.. THIS!!

She hacked and chopped at the bacon forever and still had some large chunks, get some proper knives and like you said if she seriously wants to be a cook/chef get them professionally sharpened.

She's so clueless and awkward, her knife was so dull it could barely cut the green onion and wound up sort of tearing and shredding the end of it, she also doesn't seem to realize it would be much quicker and more effective to chop the green onion into 3 or 4 chunks then line them up and cut all at the same time.

Has she taken any cooking lessons at all?.... I'm wondering because she doesn't seem to know the proper way to do anything.

And for goodness sake... I wish she would stop using that fake baby voice and asking people to "SUScribe" to her YouTube channel.

Hubby takes our knives and has them sharpened regularly and neither of us are trying to be online celebrity chefs like Amy but we both appreciate a good sharp knife for chopping, carving, slicing etc when we cook.

When she said "how are those electric knife sharpeners, do they actually work?" I had to roll my eyes. 🙄

Yes, the green onion was shredded instead of chopped. 

I watched to see if Amy had had any knife training. I think she has the idea of holding down the tip of the knife with an open hand and rocking the knife with the other hand. However, her knife was too dull to cooperate, so she ended up picking it up and banging it up and down on the hapless items on the cutting board. 

I laughed when she started talking about whether or now she should add smoked pap-per-rika to the cheese mix. I thought, why not at this point? Half the kitchen is already in that bowl anyway. She opted for red pepper. 

I think Amy's professionally produced early videos are fine, and she has spent many years in front of a camera. However, doing this Little Kitchen project on the cheap is a mistake. The effect isn't quaint or charming. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She hacked and chopped at the bacon forever

That was just maddening.  She has no clue what she is doing.  No real cook or chef presenting a cooking video would show themselves chopping something forever.  Have the dam bacon already chopped and in a small bowl waiting to be used.  She is trying to sell herself as a home chef and stupid people keep encouraging her with their glowing comments.  This is why is keeps making these awful videos.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

That was just maddening.  She has no clue what she is doing.  No real cook or chef presenting a cooking video would show themselves chopping something forever.  Have the dam bacon already chopped and in a small bowl waiting to be used.  She is trying to sell herself as a home chef and stupid people keep encouraging her with their glowing comments.  This is why is keeps making these awful videos.

Amy reminds me of my husband, who has ADHD. He starts a recipe without checking to make sure he has everything. I've seen him make three separate trips to the grocery in one cooking session--one missing ingredient at a time. He also doesn't have the patience to chop things finely enough. I can't watch him cook, and I know the recipe will taste different each time no matter how many times he's made it. However, he keeps a trash can beside him and uses it. He also keeps the counter fairly clean and doesn't touch his face and hair. Also, he doesn't have a Youtube channel. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I teach online, and I listen to and use feedback to make decisions about what to change. Amy has been told a hundred times not to say, "for Chris and I." She's been criticized for throwing garbage on the countertop and being too disorganized to find ingredients without running around off camera. The licking, wiping, hair and face touching, and coughing don't stop or get edited out. These videos just don't get better. Amy comes off as arrogant and stubborn. That's sad because she could do better if she put her mind to it. 

Amy gets caught up in her own sense of celebrity. Staying relevant involves hard work, and she's just lazy about it. 

You have TOTALLY hit the nail on the head with your comments.  People who want to be the best at what they do LISTEN to feedback and CHANGE what is pointed out to them as ineffective.  

I am a much better and more efficient food preparer now, because I've watched Amy's videos . . . as a "what NOT to do" while cooking.  

And - just a bit of annoyance here - why is it called "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen"?  The kitchen isn't little; she is.  So shouldn't it be "Little Amy Roloff's Kitchen"?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 12/3/2020 at 6:48 PM, DonnaMae said:

Amy's Little Saliva Cooking. 

• LOL 10

OMG . . . I just started watching.  She said "par-me-john" . . . not "par-me-see-an."  PROGRESS!!!

ETA:  But she still says "papparika" . . . sigh.

ETA more:  We need to buy a jar of shredded parmesan cheese.  I asked hubby to write it on the white board we use as a shopping list.  When I looked later, he had written "parmesian."  He did it on purpose to poke fun at Amy.  What a guy.

Edited by AZChristian
Funny addition.
  • LOL 5