Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I believe it was salsa.

At one time it was her “pumpkin bread”.  Her and Lisa were planning it all out.  When Matt told her if they bring them in to sell, that the profits go into the business pot like everything they sell, she was not happy.  Her and her business partner Lisa decided not to sell the bread at the store during pumpkin season.  So I guess she would rather make no profit at all then have to share it with the family business.  She’s a real charmer!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

It's also an example of Matt springing something on Amy. I actually didn't find the rule onerous (I dont recall if Matt's book were kept separate from overall profits but if they were then it's much more assholish on his part) but I did find Matt raising the subject right before the season began a jerk move to *Lisa* who is not his ex wife who clearly was surprised by this info. The divorce games shouldn't include others. 

• Love 5

I did a quick rewatch. Per the show, the discussion was four days before pumpkin season. Amy and Lisa were finalizing where their stuff would be placed, and Matt mentions how he is putting a percentage of his book sales in since its a separate business and what percentage did they want per sale of bread. Both Amy and Lisa were surprised and not aware. Matt explained the point, they asked for some time to discuss it. Later that same day (everyone in same clothes, and the show didnt switch to next day) Amy and Lisa are discussing what percentage they want to kick back to the farm when Matt calls and asks for an answer right then. Amy gets annoyed and tells him they are still discussing and will let him know. Amy then complains a bit to Lisa over how he does things like that.

Later that day they tell Matt they are fine with the same percentage he is giving from his book sales. They do indeed sell their bread at pumpkin season. There's no fits over money, it has nothing to do with the salsa,  they did agree to the same percentage back as Matt, no refusal to sell or refusal to pay the percentage.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
I was repeating myself too much ;)
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

Amy's Christmas decor now available... HURRY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

For only ONLY $39.99 you can hang Amy on your tree!!!  🎄

amybulbs.jpg

Actually this is just a tad different than I have seen her in everyday slept in makeup 😕

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I almost feel sorry for Amy, she really does not want to let go of the farm and pumpkin season.  (Still putting on costumes and greeting guests). She is still emotionally attached to it all, including Matt IMO.  Not going to let Caryn be there while she is not and I guess she still owns half of the pumpkin farm business/land?    Thirty years is a long time and apparently she was blindsided by the divorce.  I believe her relationship with Chris is a rebound relationship.  Not sure she really loves him or just loves the idea of having someone and remarrying since it appears Matt left her for Caryn.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I almost feel sorry for Amy, she really does not want to let go of the farm and pumpkin season.  (Still putting on costumes and greeting guests). She is still emotionally attached to it all, including Matt IMO.  Not going to let Caryn be there while she is not and I guess she still owns half of the pumpkin farm business/land?  

She's definitely sold the majority of the property if not all of the property to Matt but the business seems still up in the air. 

I think she's done with Matt. Willing to be pleasant in social events with the kids but thats it. I think in order to participate on the show, Amy has to at least pretend she likes showing up to greet guests. Why? Because pumpkin season is filmed for the tv show and Amy has to do something on camera, and frankly Amy cashiering or collecting money for parking isn't that interesting, and Matt has already called riding around on a mule with a walkie talkie. As as the show is filming, TLC is going to insist that Amy be on hand for pumpkin season. 

As for Amy's lack of love for Caryn... Well, regardless of whether one believes Amy or not, Amy pretty clearly believes Caryn had an affair with her husband. Maybe I am just not an awesome human being, if some bitch steals my man and publically flaunts - I sure may not be happy with him either, but I am certainly not happy with her cheating ways either. This expectation that Amy should smile and love Caryn and kiss Caryn's ass for fucking her husband on the sly still surprises me. And I'm not boo hooing for poor Matt either. How awful, he has to periodically interact with the mother of his children that he chose, and married for 25 years in order to continue profiting from a reality show. If Matt and Caryn can't handle it - they can leave the show, now can't they? None of these people have to interact with each other anymore. They're all adults, they can all be free of each other... they just have to leave the show. With no show, Matt can tell Amy to fuck off, he owns the property and she's no longer welcome. It's really that simple. But Matt prefers the money, just like Amy does. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

If TLC thinks that having Amy run around in dumb costumes at pumpkin season is the most interesting way to present her they must be nuts.

As a viewer I'd much rather watch Amy go off and start her second act, marrying Chris, watching their ups and downs, creating new memories, her efforts to get a cooking show, her speaking engagements, more girls nights with her crazy friends than watching her hang around the pumpkin patch arguing with Matt for another season.... Right now her Second Act is looking a lot like her First Act.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

If TLC thinks that having Amy run around in dumb costumes at pumpkin season is the most interesting way to present her they must be nuts.

They have an interest in keeping Roloff Farms family friendly and festive on camera. Like it or not, Amy is the Roloff willing to interact with guests on a personal level. Talking to them while they are in a long line, taking pictures with guests, essentially playing hostess. TLC needs scenes of fun interactions. If Amy is dressed exotically then so much the better, its more wacky and goofy and festive. 

The problem of following Amy around with her friends or whatever on her second act is that the show is about *the farm*. I mean, frankly I'd love to see more of the Matt and Caryn show - what are those two doing in Arizona? When do Matt and Caryn "go out" and what do they do? Does Matt ever interact with her family? Etc etc etc... But... the show is about the farm. 

• Love 6

There’s a video out there and Caryn has a box of 3 jars of salsa and selling it.  I didn’t turn the sound on but can only imagine the reaction about having Caryn peddling it like I was her were own.  I would no more buy fudge go to the pumpkin patch stay at an inn or walk across the street to see any of them. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

When do Matt and Caryn "go out" and what do they do? Does Matt ever interact with her family? Etc etc etc.

I would also like to see Amy interact with “her man’s” family.  Never hear a word about them.  Let’s face it the show is not really branching out, it is the same crap over and over again.

• Love 3

I pretty sure Amy makes only a guest appearance at the festival!  Somebody has to mind the store and sell the products!

Amy looks ridiculous in those silly costumes.  Dwarfs say they want respect just like average size people.  Amy running around in those silly costumes takes dwarfs way back when that was the only role they could play.

Act your age Amy!  Dress nicely in some nice Fall outfit, force one of your fake smiles, sell the products and interact with customers!

Do yourself proud and stop bitching!

Note:  I bet production has a real laugh when Amy shows up in those terrible costumes!!!!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I would also like to see Amy interact with “her man’s” family.  Never hear a word about them.  Let’s face it the show is not really branching out, it is the same crap over and over again.

Agreed. What does Chris's family think of Amy? To be fair, I've gotten the impression from their social media that Chris's family isn't nearby so filming them visiting his family might not be feasible 

8 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

There’s a video out there and Caryn has a box of 3 jars of salsa and selling it.  I didn’t turn the sound on but can only imagine the reaction about having Caryn peddling it like I was her were own.

Yup. Like I said, I am not as loving and decent as people expect Amy to be about the woman she thinks had an affair with her husband. I'd be mad to see her usurping my role - even if I knew I was better off. I think Caryn's displays with the grandkids would be especially galling.  But then I kinda wonder how Caryn's kids really feel about Mom's new man too...

4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I pretty sure Amy makes only a guest appearance at the festival!  Somebody has to mind the store and sell the products!

Not sure about this year due to the different format and that pumpkin season isn't done but Amy consistently worked at pumpkin season as a greeter, local color, and as a tour guide. I'm not Matt Roloff of the great business sense but here's why plunking Amy into a cashier spot doesn't work. Like it or not, Amy is a farm celebrity, and like it or not, Amy has fans who want to meet and greet her. Putting her as a cashier does give fans access but it creates line issues ("I want to be in this line so I can tell Amy how I like her") and causes hold ups (one line moving wicked slow because people want to chat up Amy). Plus, frankly, its not that interesting for TLC to film. 

Amy looks ridiculous in those silly costumes.  Dwarfs say they want respect just like average size people.  Amy running around in those silly costumes takes dwarfs way back when that was the only role they could play.

Like being Ewoks? Its Halloween, at a pumpkin business and Amy doesn't dress as an oompa loopa or a leprechaun. A dwarf woman dressed as a monarch butterfly or a baseball player is playful and silly, but it's not invoking a dwarf stereotype.  As for setting dwarfs back, how about Matt's constant bitching in early episodes that the county was after him not because of the numerous code violations but because they hate seeing a successful dwarf? Or Matt stating how he "was playing the system" to line skip at the Eiffel Tower because he knows he can get away with it?

Act your age Amy!  Dress nicely in some nice Fall outfit, force one of your fake smiles, sell the products and interact with customers!

Grownups dress in costume at Halloween time all the time. I do. Shit, I parade around scifi conventions in costume all the time. Sometimes I am Colonel Samantha Carter from Stargate, sometimes I am a random redshirt from Star Trek, and sometimes I dress up like a tribute and tell people I'm "Fatness Everdeen from The Not Hungry Games". Life is short, why not have some fun?

As for the rest, you're actually describing Amy's long term job at Roloff Farms. She's the greeter and hostess, she smiles at people in line, encourages them to check out the store and interacts with them, complete with fun pictures. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Not sure about this year due to the different format and that pumpkin season isn't done but Amy consistently worked at pumpkin season as a greeter, local color, and as a tour guide. I'm not Matt Roloff of the great business sense but here's why plunking Amy into a cashier spot doesn't work. Like it or not, Amy is a farm celebrity, and like it or not, Amy has fans who want to meet and greet her. Putting her as a cashier does give fans access but it creates line issues ("I want to be in this line so I can tell Amy how I like her") and causes hold ups (one line moving wicked slow because people want to chat up Amy). Plus, frankly, its not that interesting for TLC to film. 

Like being Ewoks? Its Halloween, at a pumpkin business and Amy doesn't dress as an oompa loopa or a leprechaun. A dwarf woman dressed as a monarch butterfly or a baseball player is playful and silly, but it's not invoking a dwarf stereotype.  As for setting dwarfs back, how about Matt's constant bitching in early episodes that the county was after him not because of the numerous code violations but because they hate seeing a successful dwarf? Or Matt stating how he "was playing the system" to line skip at the Eiffel Tower because he knows he can get away with it?

Grownups dress in costume at Halloween time all the time. I do. Shit, I parade around scifi conventions in costume all the time. Sometimes I am Colonel Samantha Carter from Stargate, sometimes I am a random redshirt from Star Trek, and sometimes I dress up like a tribute and tell people I'm "Fatness Everdeen from The Not Hungry Games". Life is short, why not have some fun?

As for the rest, you're actually describing Amy's long term job at Roloff Farms. She's the greeter and hostess, she smiles at people in line, encourages them to check out the store and interacts with them, complete with fun pictures. 

I agree with a lot of what you've written here.  Amy does need to be free (not behind a cash register), as do most members of the Roloff family.  "Fans" go to see them . . . probably not as many fans are interested in the overpriced salsa or pumpkin bread.  Honestly, they could have a picture site set up and ask people for $5 if they get their picture taken with a Roloff and get an autograph.

You mentioned Ewoks.  Did you know that Matt played an Ewok in "Ewoks:  Battle for Endor"?  His character was "Ewok with Crutch."  Truth.

Hubby and I dress up every Halloween, even if we're not going to any parties.  When two old people walk into CVS with "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" shirts - and blue wigs - people will smile.  Sometimes they even ask to take our picture!!!

• Love 7

AzChristian - I have wondered why they don't sell photo ops and autographs myself but it might be a tacky bridge too far for them - it hurts th.e conceit that they are just a regular family on a farm blah blah blah.

I know Matt was an Ewok in one of the lesser known Star Wars  ventures ( Ewoks: The Battle for Endor) and I mentioned it purposefully since the subject of little people and how they're depicted came up. Part of Matt's frivolous lawsuit that he lost against his prior employer was in part Matt complaining that a coworker refered to Matt playing an Ewok and Matt took offense.

Your costumes sound cute 😉

• Love 2

So Amy is going to be doing these "live" things . . . with the same "guest" every time?  Has she no other friends (or business partners)?  Has she no family (adult kids or in-laws, for example)?  Has she no one else who wants to appear with her like, oh . . . a fiance?  I don't care what Lisa has to say about anything, but I'd love for Amy and Chris to discuss wedding plans, etc.  

• Love 4

I agree AZ, even if she had one of the kids, we might get more interesting information.  Having watched a few of those “lives” it is the same old stuff with her Lisa.  They discuss the previous episode, but Lisa is not on the show on a regular basis, so it is basically Amy’s take with Lisa kissing her butt and agreeing.  They never answer any of the good questions posed to them in the chat.  Lisa loves to bring up Matt and Caryn and start stirring the shit.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I agree AZ, even if she had one of the kids, we might get more interesting information.  Having watched a few of those “lives” it is the same old stuff with her Lisa.  They discuss the previous episode, but Lisa is not on the show on a regular basis, so it is basically Amy’s take with Lisa kissing her butt and agreeing.  They never answer any of the good questions posed to them in the chat.  Lisa loves to bring up Matt and Caryn and start stirring the shit.  

Exactly Lisa is her stooge who kisses her ass and brings up how nasty Matt and Caryn are.

Chris won't sit there and do that, her other "friend" Deb won't do that and neither will any of the kids so Amy has her ass kisser friend do it because Lisa will do anything for a buck including letting Amy *snip* and *snap* at her if she happens to say the slightest thing that Amy doesn't agree with or if it doesn't fit her agenda.

It's actually kind of pathetic to watch Amy blabbering away (usually with her mouth full of food as she talks) while Lisa sits there like an idiot groveling and agreeing with everything Amy says.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, ginger90 said:

Omg... I can't believe it.... They still can't figure out how to start a live Chat!

More of Amy's open mouth 2 inches from the camera as she fumbles around again, at this point I don't know whether to laugh or cry because it's so ridiculous.

Then of course right on time Amy starts wiping her nose with her hand... *gag* why can't she use a tissue like most people?

I listened for a few minutes but it was unbearable and I had to switch it off.

If anyone listens and there's anything news worthy please post 👍

• Love 1
On 10/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, EllaWycliffe said:

As for setting dwarfs back, how about Matt's constant bitching in early episodes that the county was after him not because of the numerous code violations but because they hate seeing a successful dwarf? Or Matt stating how he "was playing the system" to line skip at the Eiffel Tower because he knows he can get away with it?

Wow. That's egregious behavior. What a dick.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, EllaWycliffe said:

sometimes I dress up like a tribute and tell people I'm "Fatness Everdeen from The Not Hungry Games"

I think I officially love you Ella! Lol! 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:
On 10/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, ginger90 said:

Read more  

Omg... I can't believe it.... They still can't figure out how to start a live Chat!

I mean, is it that unusual? Every live chat I looked at of Matt's usually starts with a few minutes of Matt fumbling over whether its on or not. he one with Jackson not being seat belted while berry picking from the mule had it happen several times.

38 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Wow. That's egregious behavior. What a dick.

And its all on camera - Matt was actually telling the line keeper that he and his son were getting gassed out by the crowd since they were butt level to the stinky norms. 

40 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I think I officially love you Ella! Lol! 

Thanks but I must be honest, that probably is the only time I ever did a clever costume.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

If anyone listens and there's anything news worthy please post 👍

Not sure how newsworthy it is but she said she would love to cook live with Patricia Heaton, from Raymond and The Middle.  

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, is it that unusual? Every live chat I looked at of Matt's usually starts with a few minutes of Matt fumbling over whether its on or not. he one with Jackson not being seat belted while berry picking from the mule had it happen several times.

I don't know what Matt has to do with Amys ability to start a live chat but since you mentioned it I imagine it's difficult for Matt with his twisted fingers and deformed hands plus sitting in a mule with other distractions probably didn't make it any easier.

Amy's hands are small but they're totally functional, she's seated on a chair with her keyboard and monitor on a table in front of her, no other distractions and she does live chats all the time... I could understand her fumbling around the first time because a lot of people fumble around the first time they try to start a chat but this is something she's been doing on a regular basis for quite a while and she still can't figure it out.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't know what Matt has to do with Amys ability to start a live chat

She's being judged for apparently doing it poorly, right? It's a counter example where the person's performance is poor but no one cares. Heck my 25 year old coworker starts every zoom meeting with fumbling and 'can you hear me'. Now personally I don't watch Amy's videos because cooking bores me and worse, she doesn't do it well, which I think is the much bigger issue she needs to address.

26 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I imagine it's difficult for Matt with his twisted fingers and deformed hands plus sitting in a mule with other distractions probably didn't make it any easier.

Perhaps. That actually makes me more concerned about Jackson riding in  the mule alone with Matt with no seat belt or car seat since even calling for help on the phone is so difficult.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy's hands are small but they're totally functional, she's seated on a chair with her keyboard and monitor on a table in front of her, no other distractions and she does live chats all the time... I could understand her fumbling around the first time because a lot of people fumble around the first time they try to start a chat but this is something she's been doing on a regular basis for quite a while and she still can't figure it out.

I've gotten used to her fumbling and bumbling around trying to set it up but why can't she keep her mouth closed while leaning in to the camera?

Every single time it's the same thing with close-ups of Amy's open mouth.

I've seen quite enough of her swollen gums, coated tongue, yellow teeth and various food particles stuck in her teeth while she chows down on pickles, cheese, sausage, crackers, fruit and wine,,, either eat before the chat or after the chat but please don't eat during the chat and the nose wiping with bare hands is just gross. 🤢

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Perhaps. That actually makes me more concerned about Jackson riding in  the mule alone with Matt with no seat belt or car seat since even calling for help on the phone is so difficult.

His idiot parents shouldn’t allow it, although I doubt they are actually alone.  I am sure Caryn or one of the parents is close by them.

• Love 2

One of the ones I watched, there was no one around and Matt was zooming around from place to place. And I agree with you on the idiot parents but if nothing else Jackson should be wearing a seat belt and Matt's old enough to know that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Now personally I don't watch Amy's videos because cooking bores me and worse, she doesn't do it well, which I think is the much bigger issue she needs to address.

I think the videos being addressed are the regular live chats not the cooking videos.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

His idiot parents shouldn’t allow it, although I doubt they are actually alone.  I am sure Caryn or one of the parents is close by them.

Exactly but unfortunately his idiot parents also bomb around in the mules with him in the middle and no restraints... Jer and Auj do the same with Ember and Bode.

They should attend a safety seminar where they demonstrate the dangers, many people are completely unaware how a sudden stop can send children rocketing forward like a bullet leaving a gun.... people tend to think they could quickly brace the child with their arm or something of this nature.... Ya good luck with that. 🙄

Matt and Zach in particular should have children in restraints because of their own short limbs.... I haven't seen Amy rolling around with any of the children unrestrained so I won't include her in the observation.

Unfortunately it seems to be a "Roloff" thing to go as fast as they can on recreational vehicles of all sizes and shapes and never a restraint in sight.... Much like the poorly designed pumpkin launcher that nearly killed Jacob and Mike.

I still wonder about the safety of a lot of the attractions during pumpkin season.

I don't know much about Roloff Farms but I'm kind of surprised that they're allowed to have members of the public on some of the structures and attractions....are they built to code and inspected?... I certainly hope so.

• Love 4