Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

On 9/23/2020 at 12:57 PM, Jeanne222 said:

No worries Amy will never give up anything that makes her a buck or two!

I'm curious as to why Matt's many money making ventures make him an "entrepreneur" and a "go-getter" and a "hard worker" while that same type of behavior from Amy is something that draws snide comments. 

• Love 11

Particularly when Matt's ventures generally aren't terribly successful. The one house flip that took a year to complete (successful flips generally flip in two months or less). The buying of that piece of property that he had so many awesome plans for once he cleared all the wrecked houses and trees off it that he quietly sold a year or so later with no profit. The children's book that didn't exactly become the next Good Night Moon. The autobiography (Against Tall Odds) that was a small press ego piece. The "movie" he insisted on filming on the farm that has never ever seen the light of day, his various lawsuits that have failed, the stool business, the charity he coopted and then dropped... and this is the short list. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Higher cost than similar masks that were already available.  Oh . . . and since when did she or her family wear masks?

According to Amy's post, "we all need to wear masks when we leave the house for the rest of the year". 

Does she have some inside intel on how long we have to wear masks? LOL. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

According to Amy's post, "we all need to wear masks when we leave the house for the rest of the year". 

Does she have some inside intel on how long we have to wear masks? LOL. 

No, that's her idea of a marketing plan.

• LOL 4
23 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Little cup, a lot of money!  $19.00 for a 12 oz bag.

6DC5B16A-E303-4512-96BC-B6DE822A3402.jpeg

Comparison prices: 

Costco coffee (Kirkland brand, processed by Starbucks) - $12.99 for 2.5 pounds = $.324 per ounce

Amy's "Hondaran" coffee - $19 for 12 ounces (plus shipping) = $1.58 per ounce (plus shipping)

Delusions of grandeur much?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

This was online, claims Amy sold more of her property to Matt and for a lot of $.  Also stated that Matt took out a loan to pay her.  I wonder if this is true.

F49B59F1-9C7E-4EAA-A06C-1659F43B769F.jpeg

I’m curious how much more she owns?

I'm thinking not much or any at all if that article is correct - and frankly I don't have much reason to doubt it, it was inevitable. The previous sale was her half of the newer wedding property, so this sale sounds like she was selling her interest in the original farm property - which was some 30+ acres before the wedding property was purchased. 

Hope this is true - someone needed to disconnect from the farm property and it was never going to be Matt. Sounds like she got a pretty good deal if this is true.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m curious how much more she owns?

From what I recall I think that's it, I think Tori and Zach will be buying in and probably living in the big house.

Thank goodness, now maybe she can go away with Chris and we won't have to see her ugly mug bitching and moaning at the farm anymore.

WIN. WIN for us!!  👍😃

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Higher cost than similar masks that were already available.  Oh . . . and since when did she or her family wear masks?

I found the exact same masks on Etsy for $5 each, same fabric, same pattern.

Amazing how little "Miss Never Wears a Mask" is now all about masks since TLC forced her and she found out she might be able to make money off masks.

She makes me sick, such a money grubbing little phony baloney.

• Love 10

I'm guessing the next big news will be the wedding if there is one.  I don't think it will be on the farm.  I'm not sure how much influence Matt has with TLC but I can see Matt excluding Amy from the show.  I'm thinking with most of us seeing her ways the producers might be happy to say goodbye!

Zack, Amy's favored child, seems to be in tight with Matt and little Jackson is cute as a button.  I think if Jackson's sister has personality the two of them will be the show!

I do wonder if Amy is ready to move on.  Money is important to her.  I can't see her giving up anything that makes a buck!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm not sure how much influence Matt has with TLC but I can see Matt excluding Amy from the show. 

Which wouldn't exactly be charming or gentlemanly on his part - to exclude the mother of his children from her primary source of income but I agree that Matt is this sort of jerk. Especially if she just scored nearly a million from him with the sale of the farm.

But a) rumor has it production likes Amy and since the divorce I am utterly certain Amy has separate contract negotiations  but more importantly b) Amy is willing to be filmed. What does that mean? Right now there's three different places and stories to film and follow - Amy, Matt, Zach and Tory. Remove Amy, and Matt and Zach and Tory would have to be filmed that much more. And I don't know if you've noticed but Matt... doesn't really carry the filming load. He' slowed down a lot (I can understand why) and frankly, unlike Amy, he doesn't seem willing to film more intimate just Matt and Caryn scenes. While we see Amy and Chris dating or doing whatever a lot (too much really considering how dull it is) we rarely get companion scenes of Caryn and Matt. When we do see Matt in an episode, he's invariably arguing with Amy over something in his office, or he's on a mule talking, or he's got Jackson and Caryn is hovering. Take Amy out of recent episodes and Matt will need to provide a LOT more storylines. Zach and Tory are as dull as paint and Jackson is a cute kid but small children are difficult to film. I can't see Matt willing to pick up the work load at this point.

I'm thinking with most of us seeing her ways the producers might be happy to say goodbye!

Her ways? 🙂

I think the producers are happy at this point with any Roloff willing to be on the show. Personally I find the "dates with Chris" boring - Chris seems like a nice guy but low energy, but Matt would definitely have to fill the void and film more and I question whether he's willing or able.

Zack, Amy's favored child, seems to be in tight with Matt and little Jackson is cute as a button.  I think if Jackson's sister has personality the two of them will be the show!

Not what I am looking for in a show and Zach and Tory might want to consider the bratty depiction of the Klein kids, the Hamil kids, the Johnston (Johnson? That other show with the adopted kids) and even the Roloff kids before they plop Lilah down and say "make her a star!"

• Love 5

I believe I mentioned this previously. Amy stated her contract is up in June. She said she would have to negotiate with TLC to have their wedding filmed.

She has also stated that Zach and Tori may get their own show.

🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 2

I noticed Chris isn't looking as good as he once looked.  I never thought him handsome but I did think he was well groomed.  He's really let himself go during the pandemic.

I've seem videos of AMY getting her hair cut.  I wonder why Chris doesn't seem to care anymore?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I believe I mentioned this previously. Amy stated her contract is up in June. She said she would have to negotiate with TLC to have their wedding filmed.

🤷🏼‍♀️

"have to negotiate" = "see whether they'll pay for the wedding"  I still don't think it will ever happen.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

🤷🏼‍♀️

I believe the way most of us see Amy is the way production sees Amy.  Argumentative, bossy, sour, cheerless, non supportive, disagreeable and never a team player.

Most companies don't want to deal with those types.

Matt has finally succeeded in getting bitter Amy off the farm.  I think TLC will now get her off the show!

I noticed sour Amy in the previews standing with arms folded and angry.  Here she goes again!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

see whether they'll pay for the wedding"  I still don't think it will ever happen.

At last check, they didn't want to be married on the farm, and I don't see TLC springing for a wedding that isn't ON the farm - the antics need to be filmed in a controlled space. I'm inclined to think it won't happen as well UNLESS its filmed on the farm and I see that being a problem.

6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I believe the way most of us see Amy is the way production sees Amy.  Argumentative, bossy, sour, cheerless, non supportive, disagreeable and never a team player.

More interesting assumptions. This actually goes against how Amy tends to allow her more intimate and personal moments be filmed while other members of the cast don't but to each their own. 

I'll just ask a different question. What's going to be filmed with Amy gone?

Matt bitching about Amy? I mean sure, that's been the *entire show since the start* but nothing says "I'll never get over it" like Matt bitching about Amy if Amy is off the show. Likewise gloating about Amy being gone. Basically, if Amy is off the show, Matt won't have his favorite topic to complain about. No battles with Amy over the farm, no complaining how poor poor Matt is so tuckered out and wants to sell but *Amy* ties him to the farm (funny, isn't it, how Matt has shut his mouth hard about how *he* wants to sell) If Amy is off the show, Matt will need a new target since its very poor form for him to complain about someone publically who isn't allowed air time to defend themselves.

So.... Matt doing more projects? That involves Matt being willing to be filmed doing something other than sitting in his office. Likewise he might have to film more dates with Chacha and somehow I feel like more filming of this relationship might not help it.

Pinning the show on Jackson and Lilah? Maybe but a barely verbal toddler and a baby playing with Granpa's lover only kills so much time. If the kids were a little older and more directable, I could see this as a viable direction. Bu they are pretty young, and Jackson seems to be shy and I personally am not on board with pushing a 3 or 4 year old to perform like a circus dog. 

Trips? We'll ignore how Matt's bitch point has been how he hates travel but... I don't see the quarantines lifting any time soon. 

Pumpkin season? Yeah - not seeing the quarantines letting up. I also took a look at the current reservation thing for the current season and we're a week away from the start of pumpkin season and Roloff Farms isn't exactly sold out. 

Tory and Zach? Call me crazy... I've never found them interesting. A nice couple but dull.

The producers might *need* Amy to be willing to film. 

Mind you, I think the quarantine situation kills a lot of options. 

• Love 5

Never under estimate Matt Roloff!  Say what  you want about him but he made them all millionaires.

He’s full of ideas and the show will get bigger and better when Amy exits left!

Nobody likes a big or little sourpuss!  She stifles the creative process.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I dislike most nicknames like that because whats wrong with Grandma? Oh right, makes you sound old... well, you are, you have grandchildren

I don't know a single person who calls their grandmother "Grandma".   I know lots of Grams, Grammies, Nans, Nanas, Nannies.....  Who gets to decide what the "universal" term is for grandmother? 

• Love 2

Well, I called both my grandmas "Grandma" - but I certainly allow Grams, Granny, Nana....

Chacha and Mimi though do edge away from a nickname based on grandparent relationship.

I mean, I have a friend with a pitbull mix named Chacha, and a family member with a cat named Mimi. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Probably Chris 😉

But when they marry it'll be Granpa Chris and I wonder how *Matt* will feel about that?

Heck, I wonder how *Chris* will feel about that 🙂

Now wait till the little ones are all "why isn't Granpa Matt married to Chacha?" 😉

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I hope they do work out something that allows us to see the wedding and the stuff that happens along the way. I think I read here that Randy is going to or offered to make her dress? Any chance to see Randy in his happiness making others happy is a win for me. I think it would be nice if they have Molly, Tori, Audrey and dang I can't remember Jacob's wife's name but her also along for the dress stuff instead of those two annoying friends of hers. 

It would also be cool to see Chris with his buddy's doing things. I bet Matt would offer to have a bachelor party, haha. 

Random thought: Not a dis towards Amy but I hate that she is called MiMi and I have come to love ChaCha as a moniker for Caryn. Does she have any grandkids? Is that what they call her? I don't dislike MiMi because of Amy, I just don't like it period. 

My grandson, all on his own, came up with Mimi for me. I was calling myself Grammy, and he shortened it to “Mimi”. I wouldn’t trade it for the world—terms of endearment and all that. 
We called both of out grandmothers “Grandma”, but one was called “grandma first name” and the other was “grandma shorty” because she was all of 4’ 11” with hair. No disrespect meant or received— my father( her son ) called her that and we did, too— with love. Nicknames are big in my family.

Of all the things to snark on about Matt and Amy (and their partners), I don’t find nicknames one of them. Ymmv, and I get that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I dislike most nicknames like that because whats wrong with Grandma? Oh right, makes you sound old... well, you are, you have grandchildren

Has nothing to do with feeling old. To me, Grandma was my mother. My grandson started calling me Mom Mom and I love it. He has a different name for each of his grandparents that he came up with on his own.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Fair point. On the other hand, I know several grandmothers who prefer non "Gram" orientated nicknames expressly because they don't want to socially known as that old. 

You do have a point, my mil did not want to be called “grandma or nana” when she first became a grandmother at 49 because it made her feel old. So she came up with Mom mom. It sounded a little too much like “mom” to me, but whatever.

• LOL 1
On 9/27/2020 at 9:56 AM, Jeanne222 said:

That is EXACTLY the type of person reality tv producers are looking for. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, kuebsr said:

That is EXACTLY the type of person reality tv producers are looking for. 

True, as long as it is directed at Matt, Chris and the family.  She really is a nasty, bitchy little woman.  She even gets a little nasty with her friend sometimes when they are doing their live chats.  

• Love 6

Amy seems miserable most of the time, but I do think she’s needed on the show at this point.  I don’t mind Zach and Tori, but they are fairly boring and Zach, at times, seems dim-witted.  Their kids are not old enough or interesting enough to have continuous episodes centered around them.  Their dog is the most interesting of the bunch. I don’t mind Chris or Caryn, so I wouldn’t mind a couple of scenes of them with friends/family or doing their jobs, but honestly I think it’s time for this show to end.  They really aren't that interesting at this point and their trashiness is never portrayed on the show or is done so sparingly. How many times can we watch Matt scream, “Yeah!” on a tractor or Amy complain about being fustrated? 

The only thing worse would be if they incorporate Amy’s cooking scenes into the show.  I can see it now, they turn the big house into the B&B Amy claimed she wanted.  Amy stumbling around the kitchen barking out orders for sous chef, Chris to fetch her spring foam pans and pamesian cheese.  Bellhop Zach lazily dragging guests luggage upstairs.  In actuality, up one stair and pawning it off on Tori. Matt furiously answering the one call that comes in that day (i.e. Caryn on the other line) exclaiming how busy they are, but he’ll do his best to squeeze her in.  He miraculously finds one room during pumpkin season for triple the normal price and exclaims how he saved the farm yet again!  They should really just write this show like a bad sitcom.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 3

Hehehe I admit I think this show is like a shambling zombie at this point. Right now I feel like they are holding out for the little kids to get bigger to switch it over to the Zach and Tory show and I'm a glutton for punishment but I doubt I would hang in for that.

I just find it  wasteful and sad that Matt made this massive push to get Amy out of the house and now the property is sitting empty. Its just a shame that a nice place like that isn't being used. I know, I know, the real plan is for one of the kids to move in but meanwhile no one is using it. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Regarding the decor on Amy's porch . . . if you're shilling for a pumpkin farm, shouldn't your display include several REAL pumpkins?

Exactly... I like the flowers in the old milk can and the lantern is okay but It would look much better with a couple real pumpkins and ditch the little doll, it ruins an otherwise nice display.

In the pic of them sitting on the porch why does she have the chairs up on that little stage/block thing... It looks weird... Would look much better and more comfortable sitting on the cement.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Regarding the decor on Amy's porch . . . if you're shilling for a pumpkin farm, shouldn't your display include several REAL pumpkins?

Remember we're talking about Amy here!

The show may be boring because the cast is so unwordly.  Zack and Jeremy were barely able to graduate and Jeremy went to some phony photography school.

Tori and Audrey went to college but nobody likes them.  Molly is the smart one and said goodbye to living her life in front of a camera.  Jacob...well there's Jacob.

I'm guessing Matt is the shows idea person.  Amy has a hard time putting a sentence together and can't pronounce or spell most common words during her trying to cook videos!

They are sure lucky Matt feathered all their nests with $$$$$!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Hehehe I admit I think this show is like a shambling zombie at this point. Right now I feel like they are holding out for the little kids to get bigger to switch it over to the Zach and Tory show and I'm a glutton for punishment but I doubt I would hang in for that.

I just find it  wasteful and sad that Matt made this massive push to get Amy out of the house and now the property is sitting empty. Its just a shame that a nice place like that isn't being used. I know, I know, the real plan is for one of the kids to move in but meanwhile no one is using it. 

Knowing Matt, he's angling to get the place on "Mysteries of the Abandoned," lol.

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm guessing Matt is the shows idea person.

You reap what you sow. Maybe if Matt gave a shit about something other than Matt and Matt's ideas, he might have children who emulated him. Instead, he *didn't bother to fight for his children* and they all emulate the piggish idiot he *intentionally married* and and *had sex with*. Despite you know, being such a clever worldly idea fellow.

Sorry, not blaming just the mother for shitty children when the mom wasn't a single mother. It's certainly not all on Matt either but really "I just threw money down the hole and devoted myself to me!" is really a pretty asshole way of being a dad. 

It actually a pity Matt never cared enough about the kids to see to it that they didn't grow up sounding and acting like inarticulate mumbling idiots and didn't care whether they were educated or went to decent schools, but it does define Matt as a man who put money and personal attention well above things like raising his children.

• Love 6