Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

On 9/4/2020 at 5:07 PM, floridamom said:

"for Chris and I'

orientated

fridgerater

pard-boiled

parmesian

boughten(?) a new car

susscribed

so fun

She also gets  “ fustrated “ a lot.  And to think, she wrote a book.   Can’t make it up.  🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 8
4 minutes ago, Kid said:

She also gets  “ fustrated “ a lot.  And to think, she wrote a book.   Can’t make it up.  🤣🤣🤣

And from the look of things, she probably acted as proofreader for Jer's and Auj's endeavors in the publishing world.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And from the look of things, she probably acted as proofreader for Jer's and Auj's endeavors in the publishing world.

Oh, is it as horrible as it looks? The other night I tried reading Amy's book and couldn't make it past the first couple of pages; it was poorly written and boring. I just had no desire to read about her hopes and dreams. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

the nerve of this witch to say she hasn't been going out much, she's been on the go all spring and summer! 🙄

This is her Banana Bread video and she's saying that she is heading out on another road trip and dropping Felix with Deb so she made one of the TINY loaves for Deb..... jeeeez at least make a person an actual full size loaf if they're looking after your dog.

Various nose touching, dropping of a bowl into the mixing bowl and when a blob of the mixture lands on the counter she uses her fingers to wipe/scoop it up and then tosses it back in the loaf pan and other horrors 🤮

I think my eardrums are destroyed by the whirring sound of the mixer, the glasses and bowls clinging into the kitchen sink/on the kitchen counter.

Then she keeps leaving the video to go pick something up that she didn't have ready to incorporate into her ingredients. 

At least she got Chris to sit still long enough to say "oh it's good it doesn't need any butter on it. it's just great on its own". 😀

Sure Amy....i'll hit the "like" button! Lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Amy and Lisa spent the first 15 mins of the live chat doing damage control on the mask fiasco.  They basically turned it around on the people who called her out with a bunch of cliche talk about how everyone is going through things, let’s just be kind, you don’t know my situation, blah, blah.  They revisited it later on, guess it really irked Amy that people dare point out something she may have done wrong.  I didn’t pay much attention to the rest of it, but she was eating and drinking wine, complete with talking with her mouth full, coughing and almost choking.  Who eats during live “chat” session?  Chris made his obligatory appearance, Amy acted like a giggling teenager.  

• Love 6

Amy probably thinks her casual cooking videos make her look relatable, but they just make her look careless and lazy. I'm sure she'd appreciate some advice, so here goes.

1. Cut your bangs and pull your hair back. No one wants hair in their food. Blow your nose before you start filming. 

2. Make a checklist so you have everything on the counter ready to go. Put the portions in little dishes to make them easier to add to the recipe.

3. Learn the names of the ingredients and what they are and what they do. Practice saying the names out loud.

4. Use a script, not just a recipe, until you learn to cook well enough not to need it. 

5. Put a trashcan beside you so eggshells and other waste can be discarded quickly and discretely.  Don't hold trash wondering what to do with it. Do not lob garbage to the other side of the counter. Out of sight is not out of mind. 

6. Do not put your fingers near your face at any time. Practice until you get this down. 

7. Consider using a stool so you can see what you're doing. Not scraping the sides of bowls and missing while pouring could be avoided if you could see.

8. Get someone to film and edit. Isn't Jeremy a photography school graduate? You paid for that education, so make him use it. 

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Amy probably thinks her casual cooking videos make her look relatable, but they just make her look careless and lazy. I'm sure she'd appreciate some advice, so here goes.

1. Cut your bangs and pull your hair back. No one wants hair in their food. Blow your nose before you start filming. 

2. Make a checklist so you have everything on the counter ready to go. Put the portions in little dishes to make them easier to add to the recipe.

3. Learn the names of the ingredients and what they are and what they do. Practice saying the names out loud.

4. Use a script, not just a recipe, until you learn to cook well enough not to need it. 

5. Put a trashcan beside you so eggshells and other waste can be discarded quickly and discretely.  Don't hold trash wondering what to do with it. Do not lob garbage to the other side of the counter. Out of sight is not out of mind. 

6. Do not put your fingers near your face at any time. Practice until you get this down. 

7. Consider using a stool so you can see what you're doing. Not scraping the sides of bowls and missing while pouring could be avoided if you could see.

8. Get someone to film and edit. Isn't Jeremy a photography school graduate? You paid for that education, so make him use it. 

I would suggest a new #1, with all the other points counted down from there:

1.  Listen to the advice of intelligent people who have (a) watched your videos, and (2) cooked/baked enough to know what works.  What you're doing does NOT work, and does NOT show you to be a person who should be giving cooking advice.

• Love 11

In the live, Amy talked about doing videos of her reading  stories to children . She said she kept all of the preschool and up books. She suggested parents could get 15 minutes by having their child read to by her. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She also said she still needs to do the audio of her book.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Oh, Amy also said she doesn’t know what they are going to do for pumpkin season, almost indicating they may not be open.  She did say Tori, Zach, Matt and Caryn were having a meeting about it, in the meantime, the night before Matt was live on Instagram and laid out the whole plan.  

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

In the live, Amy talked about doing videos of her reading  stories to children . She said she kept all of the preschool and up books. She suggested parents could get 15 minutes by having their child read to by her. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She also said she still needs to do the audio of her book.

Children would be better off listening to some 17 year old "valley girl" read to them in "upspeak". Amy is very fond of saying "um", "uh well" and various other filler words. Not to mention her constant mispronunciation of simple words. 

She is so full of herself. 

• Love 9

omg that was bad..  👎

how many times does she need to start up a live chat before she'll know what she's doing??.. she's a mess!.. and why can't she sit like Lisa instead of moving forward and then back over and over and over!!!! ..sticking her open mouth in the camera!

Who sits there eating olives, cheese, zuchini cake etc while doing a live chat????.... she's got her mouth full of food as she's talking, her tongue going around in her mouth to scoop up any loose bits to swallow, gagging, choking, tongue in, tongue out, food going around and around in her wide open yap like a washing machine full of clothes.... *BARF!!!!!*... Just STOP IT!!

She's so freaking clueless and she has nothing of any value to say yet she sits there pontificating.

She's a genius, she figured out it's a good idea to have a 32oz water bottle and drink 2 a day, really?? WOW!!! no one ever knew that before, it's not like most of us have been doing that for years or anything. 🙄

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the live, if anyone is interested.

Video:

"You guyses" LOL!

Amy and her friend yakking about yoga and " downward facing dog".

Someone's keyboard clicking off and on. Amy can't handle doing a live feed. She's terrible at this! 

This is just one big infomercial for Amy and her buddy. I can't take anymore. 

Maybe I'll try watching more of this Crapfest later. 

Anyone else think Amy got her teeth whitened?

Edited by chenoa333
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
22 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Anyone else think Amy got her teeth whitened?

I think they look better.

ETA:  I only made it to the bottle for water.  I haven't watched someone talk with food in their mouth since my kids were little (they're both in their 50s).  And I taught them THEN not to do that.

Edited by AZChristian
"talk" with food in their mouth, not "eat."
  • Love 8

So that live chat video was an hour and 24 minutes. Seriously, did any of my fellow PT peeps watch the entire video? 

I'm going to try but I'm pretty sure this canary is going to fly out of the coal mine after 30 minutes. LOL 

• LOL 8
22 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

So that live chat video was an hour and 24 minutes. Seriously, did any of my fellow PT peeps watch the entire video? 

I'm going to try but I'm pretty sure this canary is going to fly out of the coal mine after 30 minutes. LOL 

I only got through about 8 minutes couldn’t stand that fiddling around with the camera she always does.  I might try again later if I have a hour to waste lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

If you can get through watching the whole thing you will notice that Lisa has been and continues to be a shit stirrer.  They start to discuss that people have been saying the show is scripted and Lisa of course says Amy does not follow a script “maybe others do to cause drama” and Chris is not going to do that at all.  Right after that Amy, not realizing how this sounded says that she was filming with Chris and she told him the cameras are on could he just “get with the program.”  She grumpily imitates him saying “no, I’m not going to say that, I’m not going to do that”.  Proof that some of it is scripted and Amy participates but Chris refused.  

FYI she also said she gained 18 pounds during the quarantine.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

She needs to gain another pound so it's the official "Covid-19."

Yeah I noticed in that last video Amy's arms are quite plump. She might want to start doing Youtube videos of "Amy's Little Workout Sessions".

• LOL 7
13 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Yeah I noticed in that last video Amy's arms are quite plump. She might want to start doing Youtube videos of "Amy's Little Workout Sessions".

Read your post to Mr. AZC.  He recommends we not give her ideas to do more things on video that we don't want to see.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I had leaned Team Amy until I started a Pandemic marathon.  On Season 8 Zach's First Stand and Amy's behavior is reprehensible.  The way that she is manipulating the kids to hurt Matt, it is terrible.  She made it about the kids choosing between Matt and her.  I get that she was angry--hurt, but that is breaking a cardinal rule of parenting.  Matt is selfish, and controlling, but Amy is just as bad.  Maybe worse.

I am ending the marathon. I think I'll switch to something light.  Bob's Burgers.

Edited by PDXlulu
  • Love 8

I actually agree that she acted badly. But did her anger come out of no where? 

Hear me out. They were all supposed to go to the Bahamas on a fun trip paid for by TLC. *Matt* was organizing the trip with the producers and Matt "whoopsied" and somehow forgot that Amy had a speaking engagement right in the middle of the trip that TLC had already paid for and planned out. It couldn't be canceled and Amy couldn't cancel the speaking engagement (something that brings in income for the family since people like to whine how ONLY Matt was a wage earner) so Amy could no longer go on the fun trip.

Matt didn't seem to care in the slightest and wasn't apologetic at all and in fact was annoyed that she was annoyed. He then immediately began inviting a male companion to join them on the trip, noting on camera how it was now a guy trip... even though Molly was still going at the time. That led to Molly not going and Matt immediately added another male friend to use the free ticket (didn't care in the slightest about Molly's feelings) and then had a bad argument with Zach over how he was merrily ditching the female family. The argument was so bad, it lasted into the evening and the cameras were turned off and things were super angry between Matt and Zach. 

My point? Matt's failure to remember Amy's schedule was the cause of the problem. And Matt was a jerk about it to Amy, in front of the kids, and effectively tossed his daughter off the trip without a care expressed at all about either Amy or Molly's feelings. Matt was all about Matt having himself a good old time with his boys and his men friends. The fact that he was so cutesy "hee hee hee I forgot!" strongly suggests he didn't forget Amy's speaking engagement, he was intentionally screwing her out of the vacation. 

So this wasn't a situation where Amy just wigged out over nothing and abused poor little crippled Matt who did nothing but cringe and beg her for mercy as she tongue lashed him in front of the children for his innocent and honest mistake. If nothing else, the fact that he had several male friends ready to drop everything and fly down to the Bahamas tells me he wasn't the innocent little forgetful mess. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I actually agree that she acted badly. But did her anger come out of no where? 

Hear me out. They were all supposed to go to the Bahamas on a fun trip paid for by TLC. *Matt* was organizing the trip with the producers and Matt "whoopsied" and somehow forgot that Amy had a speaking engagement right in the middle of the trip that TLC had already paid for and planned out. It couldn't be canceled and Amy couldn't cancel the speaking engagement (something that brings in income for the family since people like to whine how ONLY Matt was a wage earner) so Amy could no longer go on the fun trip.

Matt didn't seem to care in the slightest and wasn't apologetic at all and in fact was annoyed that she was annoyed. He then immediately began inviting a male companion to join them on the trip, noting on camera how it was now a guy trip... even though Molly was still going at the time. That led to Molly not going and Matt immediately added another male friend to use the free ticket (didn't care in the slightest about Molly's feelings) and then had a bad argument with Zach over how he was merrily ditching the female family. The argument was so bad, it lasted into the evening and the cameras were turned off and things were super angry between Matt and Zach. 

My point? Matt's failure to remember Amy's schedule was the cause of the problem. And Matt was a jerk about it to Amy, in front of the kids, and effectively tossed his daughter off the trip without a care expressed at all about either Amy or Molly's feelings. Matt was all about Matt having himself a good old time with his boys and his men friends. The fact that he was so cutesy "hee hee hee I forgot!" strongly suggests he didn't forget Amy's speaking engagement, he was intentionally screwing her out of the vacation. 

So this wasn't a situation where Amy just wigged out over nothing and abused poor little crippled Matt who did nothing but cringe and beg her for mercy as she tongue lashed him in front of the children for his innocent and honest mistake. If nothing else, the fact that he had several male friends ready to drop everything and fly down to the Bahamas tells me he wasn't the innocent little forgetful mess. 

Watching as a marathon, this isn't what I saw.  Yes, he was an absolute jerk in scheduling the BVI trip, but you don't weaponize the kids.  Amy pulling Jacob aside with Zach and Molly was an effort to get him not to go to hurt Matt.  Saying that you're happy Zach and Molly aren't going isn't good parenting and it doesn't help your marriage.  You can see the effect of their fighting on all four kids.  

Matt and Amy were fighting a lot at this point.  We had just watched a three week road trip with Amy and the kids and two weeks on a riverboat cruise with all six of them. We also saw that Matt and Amy have different vacation expectations and that it led to terrible fighting on the riverboat trip, that affected the children.  His bad behavior may explain her bad behavior, but it doesn't excuse it.

My perspective, you encourage the kids to go with their father and then you go into couples therapy to deal with the poor way you treat each other.  Or you get a divorce.

You don't ask the children to choose one parent over the other.  

As I said, I started out leaning team Amy.  

Now I am team no one.

Edited by PDXlulu
  • Love 8

And I said I thought Amy acted badly. My point is that she wasn't acting badly simply because she's just a nasty woman who hates Matt. Matt pulled a piece of sheer fuckery and was clearly quite pleased with his little game to screw Amy over and off the Bahamas trip. Matt didn't care in the slightest that he effectively booted Molly off the trip (you know, one of the children Amy "turned against him' - and that happened before Amy's rage) and he and Jeremy, who came off like the dumb clod we know him to be, were really just focused on how much fun they were going to have without the female Roloffs.

Yes, I think Amy acted badly in that situation and I felt especially bad for Jacob because the poor kid seemed really stressed out. But... none of that would have happened if Matt hadn't a) theoretically "forgot" about Amy's speaking engagement - an act Amy would have been castigated for if she'd been the planner and b) been so obviously pleased that he was getting his way, a fun trip in the sun for Matt with his friends.

Matt was the instigator on this one. I don't think it was an error but even if you allow that Matt didn't intentionally make a scheduling error, he was an absolute jerk about being delighted at the result of his error.  There's a reason Amy lost her cool over this - its because this is how Matt is all of the time. 

• Love 5

Truth be told I'm pretty sure Amy knew all along the date and the destination of all and any trips TLC planned for the show.  She would get show plans at their meetings.

This trip date would be no surprise to her.  

My guess would be in her messy house she lost the schedule and decided to blame Matt!I

Amy was always good at that!

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Truth be told I'm pretty sure Amy knew all along the date and the destination of all and any trips TLC planned for the show.  She would get show plans at their meetings.

Not the issue. At the beginning of the episode *Matt* says that Amy told him about the speaking engagement months before but he didn't remember it and booked the trip without double checking her schedule. I actually agree with you - Amy knew the trip was being planned. Matt made the error in scheduling. He was responsible for the scheduling. 

I don't mind blaming Amy for her actual flaws - I am totally on board with not liking how she whipped up the kids over it... but this one happened because of Matt. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

This trip date would be no surprise to her.  

My guess would be in her messy house she lost the schedule and decided to blame Matt!I

Amy was always good at that!

Testify!!

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I don't mind blaming Amy for her actual flaws - I am totally on board with not liking how she whipped up the kids over it... but this one happened because of Matt. 

If the world ended tomorrow Amy would get the blame for it. I'm not a fan of any of them, but I think that Matt should get his share of the blame too.

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

If the world ended tomorrow Amy would get the blame for it. I'm not a fan of any of them, but I think that Matt should get his share of the blame too.

Exactly. Amy was wrong to play the kids off Matt, but Matt instigated the problem and a rewatch of the episode shows Zach didn't need Amy's help to be mad, and per Matt's own words in the episode, he was responsible for scheduling and created the problem but somehow despite Matt's admission of responsibility, he's not responsible and the blame is entirely Amy's. I'm not actually a fan of Amy's- she's whiny, kind of dumb, and doesn't seem to realize she's not that inspiring simply because she's short, but she's hardly the evil genius braintrust torturing poor innocent Matt whose behavior is always above reproach. He was an asshole in this episode. In a lot of episodes, really, but in this one he created the problem and made like no one in the family should be upset that he screwed up. Matt wanted his fun in the sun with the guys and pulled a passive aggressive bitch move to get it.

• Love 3

I wonder why Amy never took over scheduling show events since she was a such in demand person!

Did she give Matt a scheduling of her important speaking events or just expect him to remember and be sure to keep track of everything Amy?

The Amy we see in video chats and cooking videos is what Matt put up with for years. Bumbling, mispronouncing, forgetting important ingredients, is it on???  Let me check!!!

So now I’m to believe it’s Matt’s fault about a scheduling event?

Truth be told I’d guess the Roloffs had nothing to do with plane tickets or hotel reservations for the show.   I’d guess that would be on TLC!

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Did she give Matt a scheduling of her important speaking events or just expect him to remember and be sure to keep track of everything Amy?

According to *Matt*, she told him about it since he was responsible at the time for coordinating with  the producers. He forgot, and the trip got booked for a time she couldn't go.

9 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

So now I’m to believe it’s Matt’s fault about a scheduling event?

Well, again, he's on camera saying he made the error in scheduling the trip. 

• Love 3

Hard to believe one of the dates couldn’t be changed.  Their constant bickering and trying to get under each other’s skin was probably the reason it got screwed up.  That marriage was over long before he looked in Caryn’s direction. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Hard to believe one of the dates couldn’t be changed.

I mean, if they were just flying in and staying at a hotel, I am sure it would have been costly but doable. 

But it wasn't. It was a week long stay on a yacht big enough to hold the Roloff family plus a film crew. It was a *nice* yacht and the deposit for trips like that are usually big and nonrefundable. Then add in the cost of rebooking a big enough yacht on short notice. The trip also involved stopping at Necker Island, Richard Branson's resort island that is pretty exclusive and pretty booked up.

41 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, if they were just flying in and staying at a hotel, I am sure it would have been costly but doable. 

But it wasn't. It was a week long stay on a yacht big enough to hold the Roloff family plus a film crew. It was a *nice* yacht and the deposit for trips like that are usually big and nonrefundable. Then add in the cost of rebooking a big enough yacht on short notice. The trip also involved stopping at Necker Island, Richard Branson's resort island that is pretty exclusive and pretty booked up.

Anything can be changed, sorry don’t believe she couldn’t change the date of her engagement.  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Anything can be changed, sorry don’t believe she couldn’t change the date of her engagement.  

Pretty sure that would actually depend on the people hiring her to speak. I mean sure, she could have canceled a speaking engagement but that means taking a hit financially - remember she was actually earning money for this - and taking a hit reputation wise as being unreliable.

And asking the people who hired her to change *their*event to accommodate her schedule? After committing? So they would have to reschedule the event complete with rebooking a venue, and letting ticket holders know that the original event was canceled and now at a new, different time and place? On short notice? I mean I will allow that no matter how ridiculous, anything could have been changed but the reality is that it would have been costly and bad for future business.

I mean, it wasn't like she was booked to dress up at a small birthday party as the dwarf rebel hooker from Total Recall who she totally resembles - she was doing large, professional speaking events, sometimes with Matt and sometimes on her own to conservative folks who expect to get what they pay for. 

• Love 2

I could go on and on asking where her speaking event was taking place, was it a rental venue etc. but I just don’t care enough!  In other news Matt finalized pumpkin season with a post on both facebook and instagram. He tagged the kids and Amy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I could go on and on asking where her speaking event was taking place, was it a rental venue etc. but I just don’t care enough!

It doesn't really matter anyway since Matt said in the episode that Amy told him the date of the event, he forgot and scheduled the trip at the same time. Whether she could have rescheduled the paid speaking engagement or whether the trip itself could have/should have been rescheduled - if it had been scheduled correctly by Matt to begin with, there would have been no problem.

The upcoming pumpkin seasons sounds a little depressing to be honest.

• Love 2

It was Amy’s Bday yesterday, funny because I did not see one tribute or wish on any social media from any of her children and Jer and Aud are away.  She posted it on facebook and instagram  along with pics from a photo shoot of her and “her man”.   Is this what 55 year old couples do now, take professional pictures to post on social media?  Please Amy get over yourself and “your man”.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7