Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

video:

Chris looks like he'd rather be ANYWHERE but there....sitting behind Amy while she yaks about her life. 

And what was with them saying "Chris has to get back to work"? I had no idea he "worked".

Amy couldn't even finish the first question she was asked because she forgot what they asked her! 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He’s a Realtor since 1999.

Oh ok. Now I remember that being mentioned before on this thread.

Chris looked like he had a lot to do to go to work. He was in his signature plain color T shirt and jeans with messy hair. Nothing wrong with a guy in T shirt and jeans but I'd like to see him dressed up for his job. 

• Love 4

Typical Amy..

It's a Q&A, they ask her the question and she immediately rambles on for 5 minutes about shit that doesn't have anything to do with the question and then the lady has to remind her that there was a question and she didn't answer it.

She really needs to work on staying on topic!

She's so full of herself, Chris looked like he wanted to throw a rope over the rafter and hang himself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

She's so full of herself, Chris looked like he wanted to throw a rope over the rafter and hang himself.

Agreed! There's something so off about their relationship. I always have to wonder what these 2 have in common. What's the romantic connection? The physical chemistry? The happy faces of 2 older people in love? None of that shows.  It's just not adding up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 9/5/2020 at 5:57 PM, chenoa333 said:

Agreed! There's something so off about their relationship. I always have to wonder what these 2 have in common. What's the romantic connection? The physical chemistry? The happy faces of 2 older people in love? None of that shows.  It's just not adding up.

I agree, just the fact that Chris went and hid in the washroom for so long that the producers were getting worried and had to go fetch him before he could muster up the intestinal fortitude to propose to the succubus tells me that something is seriously wrong.

I think the only reason he proposed was to keep the TLC gravy train rolling, he's 50 and has nothing to show for himself but a motorcycle so the TLC money is a big deal in Chris's world.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if Chris has any current real estate listings?  Maybe he's making enough on the TLC gravy train!

Anybody happen to know which real estate company he was with before fame washed upon him!  Lol

About a year ago someone on reddit (a realtor) did a search on real estate sales and MLS listings etc and said that he only had one sale for that entire year and only a couple the year before that.

Chris got the goose who lays golden eggs when he met Amy, he has all the free publicity and a nice little source of income from TLC...  They also said a search on his address is a rental because someone else's name is on the title.

If that's the truth then ya he's a middle aged Peter Pan.

I had to laugh when he said he couldn't live at Amys house because he has a fish at home that he has to look after.  😂

So Dustbunny, he's a 50 yr old man with a fish AND a motorcycle, wow what a catch! 

Amy is his sugar mommy. 🤑

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I dunno, I took five minute to look and here's what I found on Zillow.

https://www.zillow.com/profile/IBMarek/

According to this he's had eight sales in the last 12 months, which considering what realtors make means a nice living.

And here - https://www.homelight.com/agents/chris-marek-or-990600075

Looks like 2017 was a bad year for him but otherwise he seems to be doing ok. 

I used "Chris Marek realtor" as the search term on yahoo.com to find this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I know realtors don’t have any benefits with their job so I guess TLC and Amy are Chris benefits.

How he eats those Amy prepared dishes amazes me.  
I do wonder if f he’ll pay the ultimate price and marry her!

Stay tuned! 

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 7

How can Amy start her second act with Matt’s last name!

Her kids are long gone and could care less if she’s a Roloff or a Merek. 

Seems to me a true second act would be cutting the cord from the money tree and showing the world just what Amy can do!

Never happen but Matt can dream!  Lol

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I know realtors don’t have any benefits with their job so I guess TLC and Amy are Chris benefits.

How he eats those Amy prepared dishes amazes me.  
I do wonder if f he’ll pay the ultimate price and marry her!

Stay tuned! 

As others have said...he waited 50 years and out of all the women on earth he chose Amy Rolloff!?!? 😂

JMO but this might be the explanation...She made him a TV Star with a nice income from TLC and hitching his wagon to Amy and all the free publicity quadrupled his real estate sales... Now let's see if he actually follows through and marries her.... He could barely exit the bathroom to propose.. but actually marrying her.....We'll see... I have my doubts.

In a video from a while back Amy was saying that they'll sell her house in 10 years and buy a smaller home to retire in and Chris sat there silently staring into space like he usually does when she's flapping her gums.... You'd think if this was THEIR retirement plan he'd smile or shake his head in agreement or something but nothing, just silence as he stared into space like a pet rabbit. 

All I've heard out of Chris about future plans was when Amy was packing up to leave the farm and he was saying how much he'll miss the farm, the views and he looked melancholy .. Amy got a little snippy with him and said for him not to make it any harder than it already was... I think he would have preferred her staying there where it required less commitment on his part... He was quite vocal trying to pitch her on the idea of building a home on the farm and in the end they didn't even buy her house together which seems odd to me... plus he's said a few times that he likes that Amy has her own money and is independent.... Maybe he likes it because it's easier for him to exit stage left when the time comes.... Who knows..he's a hard one to figure out.

As you said... stay tuned! 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but this might be the explanation...She made him a TV Star with a nice income from TLC and hitching his wagon to Amy and all the free publicity quadrupled his real estate sales...

Where are you seeing this? Maybe he's getting paid by LC (I assume Caryn is as well) but the second link I posted shows his home sales about the same since dating Amy with a dip in 2017. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

About a year ago someone on reddit (a realtor) did a search on real estate sales and MLS listings etc and said that he only had one sale for that entire year and only a couple the year before that.

Chris got the goose who lays golden eggs when he met Amy, he has all the free publicity and a nice little source of income from TLC...  They also said a search on his address is a rental because someone else's name is on the title.

If that's the truth then ya he's a middle aged Peter Pan.

I had to laugh when he said he couldn't live at Amys house because he has a fish at home that he has to look after.  😂

So Dustbunny, he's a 50 yr old man with a fish AND a motorcycle, wow what a catch! 

Amy is his sugar mommy. 🤑

*DYING* 😂🤣😂

That fish excuse was so strange, I'm still not sure what to make of it.

Let's not forget his "poker buddy" 😉

I remember seeing his sales history discussed on reddit with screenshots of his earnings before Amy, then his sales after hooking up with Amy and he made out like a bandit because his income improved considerably after Amy came along and it makes total sense with all the free publicity.

He's getting up there and maybe he wasn't in a good place financially for retirement, if that's the case Amy saved his bacon.

I can't imagine what she would do if he up and left before the wedding... that would be a source of major drama.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Where are you seeing this? Maybe he's getting paid by LC (I assume Caryn is as well) but the second link I posted shows his home sales about the same since dating Amy with a dip in 2017. 

Not to mention, he had stellar reviews BEFORE he was dating Amy.  He just doesn't seem like a flashy, big spender kind of guy.  

• Love 3

Hummm. Just pondering.  If Chris had 8 sales in 12 months that puts him in the poverty level of income!

Realtors make about 6% of a home sale.  Listing agent 1/2 and selling agent 1/2 of that 6%.  Then they pay the real estate company they work for another percent of their commission.

Amy Roloff and TLC  had to be like being struck by lightening.  Maybe Chris will do anything to continue with the easy money!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The average price of homes in Portland is 424,000 per internet searches on the topic. 8 sales at 6% commission means 203,520. Even if Chris gets just 40% of that, he's left with income of 81,408 which is nicely above the average income of Portland Oregon of 66,187. Poverty level in the US for a household of four is 26,200.

I certainly don't think Chris was a millionaire or independently wealthy but it's just not accurate to say he was in poverty before. Even allowing for fluctuations in prices etc, Chris was probably averaging 60-80k, which is a nice wage for a single person. Saying that he was at poverty level income is just false.

It's not even fair to say about Caryn even though as a farm manager, her income was likely close to the average of that job, about 42,000 a year. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Hummm. Just pondering.  If Chris had 8 sales in 12 months that puts him in the poverty level of income!

Realtors make about 6% of a home sale.  Listing agent 1/2 and selling agent 1/2 of that 6%.  Then they pay the real estate company they work for another percent of their commission.

Amy Roloff and TLC  had to be like being struck by lightening.  Maybe Chris will do anything to continue with the easy money!

This fits in with Amy saying that Chris had never been on a cruise, he couldn't afford it.

Now he's going on cruises, selling more houses, cashing cheques from TLC..... he's got it made in the shade.

Significant improvement in lifestyle. 🌴🚢 

• Love 7

Amy just put up another talking video.  If you don't mind her wiping her nose, "you knowing" a hundred times and interrupting any person that dares to speak you might enjoy hearing her talk about her wonderful self.  Oh my that was bad!  

In conclusion Amy should never get anywhere near a camera or microphone!  Fixed it!  Lol

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 5

Wouldn't Chris have to pay taxes and social security out of his $80,000?  $80 - 20%= $16,000= $64,000.

And that's top of the range for him!

Take that down to selling four $350,000 homes, splitting that between Realtors and he's at about $32,000.  Yipes!

Note:  all the homes he did sell were not $400,000 homes so let's take that down another notch!    $200, and $100, are in that mix of sold homes.  I didn't see any for  $440.   Getting close to that poverty level we discussed.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy just put up another talking video.  If you don't mind her wiping her nose, "you knowing" a hundred times and interrupting any person that dares to speak you might enjoy hearing her talk about her wonderful self.  Oh my that was bad!  

In conclusion Amy should never get behind a camera or microphone!

Don't you mean "in front of"????

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Jeanne222 - if you want to believe he was poor, feel free. I see a guy with a house, a motorcycle and an upper class lifestyle all before Amy came along. 

And yeah, when we lop off taxes, Caryn goes down to 33,600. She went from making 15 dollars an hour to luxury vacations with Matt in Hawaii and Belize and not needing to work... I guess TLC does improve lifestyles. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Lol the other eight watched those cooking videos and said no thanks to dinner by Amy. 

Really.  Did eight other riders all have dinner plans?  

Right!  They were ditched by Chris’s friends, very strange.  

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Lol the other eight watched those cooking videos and said no thanks to dinner by Amy. 

Really.  Did eight other riders all have dinner plans?  

How embarrassing!... Can you imagine... Lolololol!!

Out of 10 people only 2 stayed and they probably did it out of pity. 😂

Why in the world would you purchase food and refreshments for 10 people before confirming attendance?

8 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Right!  They were ditched by Chris’s friends, very strange.  

Amy's post sounds pissy, very passive aggressive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

So let's do the math:

Total of 10 riders.

Not Amy and Chris:  8 riders

Those who stayed for barbeque:  2 riders

So 75% of the people they planned on (6 out of 8 ) didn't stay.  I wonder if just spending the day with Amy burned them out, or had they seen her cooking videos, or both?

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

So 75% of the people they planned on (6 out of 😎 didn't stay.  I wonder if just spending the day with Amy burned them out, or had they seen her cooking videos, or both?

I mean I know this will sound cray cray but.... everyone looks 55+ and spent the day riding motorbikes and just maybe wanted to make an early night of it in order to function at work after holiday? I mean I know thats out there.... 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

So let's do the math:

Total of 10 riders.

Not Amy and Chris:  8 riders

Those who stayed for barbeque:  2 riders

So 75% of the people they planned on (6 out of 😎 didn't stay.  I wonder if just spending the day with Amy burned them out, or had they seen her cooking videos, or both?

They were probably sick of her hollering... She's always hollering, taking selfies or talking with a mouth full of food.

An invitation to sit in her little fenced backyard and choke down some food that Amy handled, wiped snot on etc.... while she hollers about herself....  No thanks 

I wouldn't eat anything prepared by her, you have no idea where it's been or what's on it. *BARF*

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

One of the comments on the post was something like, how could they not want to stay for your delicious cooking.  I laughed at that one.  Also lots of comments about no masks or social distancing.  

There appear to be plates of something people ate BEFORE the ride.  Kind of makes me wonder whether that might have something to do with why so many of them didn't stay afterwards.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Amy very rarely responds on Instagram. She did today:

6ECF6CDB-745A-4FD9-9FB2-1490DFED3EB7.jpeg

Someone mentioned the group shot she posted (called it a “ton of people”). Amy’s response:

8C775FCD-DEBA-4F6B-BBBA-5D891D21D858.jpeg

Amazing that she knows that 8 people is not a ton . . . when she can't even count to 10 - which is how many people WERE in the photo.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Which probably explains this ridiculous post:

She doesn't go out often these days?  Her Instagram tells a different story.  The only reason she is masked up is because TLC is requiring it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

At the very beginning of the “stay at home” orders when people were only suppose to go out for necessities she was on Instagram saying she went to 3 different stores looking for flour, right after she talked about the importance of social distancing and staying home.  Give me a break, she is a phony.   Another live pep talk tomorrow evening with Lisa.  BTW, Matt was just live on Instagram, Jackson and Lilah are at the farm.  Cha Cha is there, looks like another babysitting job.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

People who weren’t there making an assumption.

C26792D2-8E28-4FF2-9265-55F154C00938.jpeg

Why does she always have to put her ugly mug upfront in supersize with her gums showing? She behaves like she's the star and all the other people are just background filler.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

BTW, Matt was just live on Instagram, Jackson and Lilah are at the farm.  Cha Cha is there, looks like another babysitting job.

Also not wearing masks despite Jackson having attended the maskless birthday extravaganza at cousin Ember's place with lots and lots of guests. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

She doesn't go out often these days?  Her Instagram tells a different story.  The only reason she is masked up is because TLC is requiring it.

Exactly she's been on the go constantly, shopping, visiting, flying to see her dad, out and about with her dad, out and about with Deb and Lisa, visiting Molly and her hubby, visiting Chris's family, attending birthday parties and on and on and we know that because she posts pics and videos of herself almost every single day.. And in all that time and all those pics she never once had a mask on.

Now that TLC is requiring it she's suddenly all about wearing a mask but you can tell she's pissed about it.

Hopefully she'll stick to it and the bonus is we won't have to see her swollen gums and yellow rat teeth front and center in every pic..... Seeing her gums and teeth make my stomach churn. 😬

I think Chris's friends bailed on her BBQ because they've seen her cooking videos with the nose wiping, hands in her hair, jewelry in the food, dirty bare feet, throwing ingredients back in the bowl after it lands on her clothes, hair hanging over the food, etc... Thanks but No Thanks!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

the nerve of this witch to say she hasn't been going out much, she's been on the go all spring and summer! 🙄

This is her Banana Bread video and she's saying that she is heading out on another road trip and dropping Felix with Deb so she made one of the TINY loaves for Deb..... jeeeez at least make a person an actual full size loaf if they're looking after your dog.

Various nose touching, dropping of a bowl into the mixing bowl and when a blob of the mixture lands on the counter she uses her fingers to wipe/scoop it up and then tosses it back in the loaf pan and other horrors 🤮

• LOL 3
  • Love 2