Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

I think Amy is 55 and will be 56 in September.  I think Matt might have spent more time inside.  Amy coached the kids in soccer and that's hours a week outside beside the field.  She also is able to be more active on her own power.  Matt was usually on a mule or other vehicle or in his office.  He's always had employees doing the actual work which he planned and sent them off to do.  He was out to check on things, but got to the plantings and such by vehicle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Amy and Audrey should have coordinated their posts. Audrey and family are at a magic oil party or some such with other families, she posted pics last night and the day before, but yet Amy's posting pics of Ember potting plants. Um, that's one magical time traveling toddler. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I think Amy is 55 and will be 56 in September.  I think Matt might have spent more time inside.  Amy coached the kids in soccer and that's hours a week outside beside the field.  She also is able to be more active on her own power.  Matt was usually on a mule or other vehicle or in his office.  He's always had employees doing the actual work which he planned and sent them off to do.  He was out to check on things, but got to the plantings and such by vehicle.

True I always assumed he was outside barking orders, but you’re right he was probably in the mule.  Amy does seem like she like outdoorsy stuff.  I’m glad she’s able to do all that, I’m not her doctor, but it seems like she doesn’t have a lot of the health issues a lot of little people have.  I wish she’d try a different hairstyle.  It looks stringy a lot of times.  Of course, I’m being judgy.  

Does Matt own part of Amy Roloff’s Little Kitchen?  Are all the businesses: farm events, books, salsa, fudge,etc. under the Roloff businesses umbrella, so the monies are split?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Does Matt own part of Amy Roloff’s Little Kitchen?  Are all the businesses: farm events, books, salsa, fudge,etc. under the Roloff businesses umbrella, so the monies are split?

I don't think so.  There was some discussion last year that she was pissed because he - on behalf of Roloff Farms, Inc. (which they still co-own) - wanted her to kick part of her sales for her cookbooks, fudge, aprons, etc., if she sold anything at the annual Pumpkin Farm event.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I'm sure someone will find a way to snark about this photo but I think it's a really good photo with her dad. 

I think it’s one of her better pictures, they’re both smiling and both in the frame properly.  They both look happy, which is nice.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think it’s one of her better pictures, they’re both smiling and both in the frame properly.  They both look happy, which is nice.

I hope it's recent too as it shows he is able to smile after amy's mom/his wife has passed. 

Although I don't think she's been there since her mom's funeral? Probably hard to be since the covid stuff all started. 

Her face looks thinner here than it has in her recent cooking fiascos videos.  

I think Amy inherited her father's negative personality.  Sorry - maybe it's not nice to snark when everyone else is being nice, but (as Mr. Weasley said) "truth will out."

• Love 1
On 6/23/2020 at 2:06 PM, Dmarie019 said:

I'm sure someone will find a way to snark about this photo but I think it's a really good photo with her dad. 

I agree it's a lovely photo. Her dad looks fantastic for 92! Amy is fortunate to have such beautiful, loving parents.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Did Amy ever do that live cooking video with  healthcare workers that was scheduled to take place on June 15?  I never saw any videos.

I was just thinking the same thing....I never saw anything posted but I don’t usually watch those chats with Lisa if it was included on one of those, but I’d figure she would post that type of video separately.  Wasn’t it supposed to be with 5 people?  

• Love 1

Watched part of Amy’s “live”. She stated there are still 4 or 5 episodes that were filmed, and not shown during the most recent season. The live was yesterday, and she said they started filming again,  that day, and the day before.

8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy just baked Chocolate Chip cookies with Alex Wilson!  It's over on youtube.  Another FU BY Amy!

Get out of the kitchen Amy!!!  It's just not your thing!

Here it is.....

Just when you think someone can't get any worse, they surprise you.  

HOW MANY TIMES DID THE PROFESSIONAL TELL HER TO LET HER BUTTER AND SUGAR CREAM FOR FIVE MINUTES?  I doubt hers was mixing for a full minute.

I've read that her friend, Lisa, is a partner in the Little Kitchen business.  I kind of wonder whether she saw how dreadful the camera work was on the first few videos, so she decided to "help."  She - obviously - is also not a professional camera person.

And the kitchen hygiene continues to deteriorate.  I didn't see all that mess in the professional baker's kitchen.  And when he got done pulling out the aluminum foil, he didn't toss the foil box on the burners of the stove!!! 

The process of at the end:

• Pick up cookie dough with bare hands
  • Put dough back down, run into pantry, making sure to touch the light switch
  • Look through a couple of shelves to find the aluminum foil
  • Run back to work surface, tear out too much foil
  • Fit the foil around the outside of the baking pan, doing corners like you're wrapping a gift (I bet Christmas at her house is a beautiful thing, as she crumples the foil at each corner)
  • Put the molded foil into the pan
  • Pick up the cookie dough again (no problem, your hands are still messy from the first time you picked it up)
  • Press the cookie dough into the pan
  • Put the pan into the oven
  • Open a drawer several times while looking for a timer

Fortunately, she wasted no time during the above scenario by stopping and WASHING her hands.

My favorite part was when she talked about not wanting people to get sick from eating what she's prepared because "That's SO miserable."  Like the voice of experience?  Like Jer and Auj just got over food poisoning after eating at her house?

She really needs to audition for America's Worse Cooks, Celebrity Edition.  She's just like those I've seen on that show - all about acting cute, but obviously having NO idea of what they're doing.

She may want to change the focus and do these videos as comedies, because they sure aren't for teaching . . . although I did pick up a couple of good tips from the professional (who should be nominated for sainthood) who worked on the other side of the split screen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I watched some of the live last night with Lisa, I find it to be comic relief at times. Last night was particularly boring.  Chris made a cameo.  Right after July 4th, they will get serious about looking for wedding venues.   At one point Amy said Jackson is a real boy now.  I thought to myself, Tori and Zach must be so happy the puppet they carved has turned into a real boy!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Alex gives back so much but no mention of anything Amy gives back!!!

Watching her introduction and she is a terrible speaker.  She can't have a college degree she just can't. 

I thought she did public speaking engagements?  Was she as bad there as she is on these cooking video's. 

She's really something!

• Love 4
(edited)

"Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies" - Part I???

Why is there more than one part if it is so easy??

Good grief, if she's not sticking her close-up face in photos/videos, she is shoving that baked thing at us.

She's a baker/home cook/whatever. Mmkay. 

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, seasons said:

She's a baker/home cook/whatever. Mmkay. 

She even said she was a home CHEF!

Dictionary definition of chef:  "a professional cook, typically the chief cook in a restaurant or hotel.

• Love 1

This is way off topic, but does anyone remember back when they finished remodeling the farm house? Some things did not pass inspection, and Amy was super aggressive with the man doing the inspection. She ran to his truck and prevented him from leaving the farm. What I can't remember, is whether she sat in the driver's seat of his truck, or did she actually sit on his lap? I think she had to be threatened with him calling the police before she finally allowed him to leave?

LOL.....Look at this comment on her chocolate chip cookie demonstration:

"I watch for the recipes and I don't need to be entertained by dancing. Get your act together! I like you Amy but be professional! Be prepared! I want to see someone confident not bumbling!!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

This is way off topic, but does anyone remember back when they finished remodeling the farm house? Some things did not pass inspection, and Amy was super aggressive with the man doing the inspection. She ran to his truck and prevented him from leaving the farm. What I can't remember, is whether she sat in the driver's seat of his truck, or did she actually sit on his lap? I think she had to be threatened with him calling the police before she finally allowed him to leave?

From what I recall, it was a county inspector. He went to the farm to follow up on complaints about the ark that had been put on the property. The complaint(s) were because it was seen as dangerous. The inspector parked his vehicle and climbed a fence, or gate, I don’t remember. Amy confronted him, and followed him to his vehicle.

The Rollofs ended up suing and Amy claimed he pushed her out of his vehicle. No clue if she was on his lap, but Amy’s claim certainly means she was in his vehicle. The lawsuit was dismissed.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The Rollofs ended up suing and Amy claimed he pushed her out of his vehicle. No clue if she was on his lap, but Amy’s claim certainly means she was in his vehicle. The lawsuit was dismissed.

They were suing (among other things) for the emotional distress of being dwarfs and having the inspector enter their property without permission.  

Yes, the Roloffs were really vulnerable.  There was a film crew there at the time, and "poor, scared little Amy" climbed up in the inspector's truck to confront him.  She admits to seeing the logo on the truck, and could have copied down the license plate number to report him, but - no, not Amy - she's gonna climb up in the truck and give him what for.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, seasons said:

More crap for the hoard.

When I saw the picture, I noticed the raspberries and blueberries.  All I could think of was, "Wonder if she'll massacre them in her next 'cooking' video."

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, winsomeone said:

IIRC, and this was a long time ago, so I may be fuzzy on the details; I believe the Inspector enters his vehicle from the passenger’s side because Amy is in front on the driver’s side door.  He may have been getting his card from that side of the vehicle or trying to leave, but either way he got in the vehicle on the passenger’s side, and Amy got in on the driver’s side. Amy had said she wanted his card before he left. I believe they were both trying to get into the driver’s seat at the same time and because he is bigger and could presumably put most of his weight down she appeared to be sitting partially on him.  If they were both average height it may have looked more smooshed together in the same seat.  The way she hopped up there made it look like she was almost in his lap.  It looked like she put her foot on the door jam to keep herself in the vehicle as he was trying to get fully in the seat.  He told her something she couldn’t be in a county vehicle and she said something like he couldn’t be on her property either. I don’t know whether the guy was trespassing or not (the police officer that came out I believe said he wasn’t, but it was so long ago I don’t really recall what else he said in total).  I figured the inspector could have gave her his card, however she was guarding him like he was a soccer player trying to get to the goal and  IIRC, she put her hand on his chest or stomach as he was trying to leave.  I don’t know why he didn’t just give his name/employee #/whatever and I don’t know why she’s jumping into county vehicles when they had his vehicle number.   

DISCLAIMER:  I don’t want anybody suing me, so this is just the best of my recollection as to what happened.  If anybody has a clearer memory feel free to correct me.

What I always wondered was it looks like Amy’s car magically appears following Amy and the inspector.  Who is driving the car?  Kid Jacob (maybe 11) or one of the production crew?

• Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

He told her something she couldn’t be in a county vehicle and she said something like he couldn’t be on her property either. I don’t know whether the guy was trespassing or not (the police officer that came out I believe said he wasn’t, but it was so long ago I don’t really recall what else he said in total).

Eventually, the county apologized:

"Washington County’s Department of Land Use and Transportation apologizes for the action of our Building Inspector on the Little People, Big World segment aired October 25, 2010. We have also apologized to the Roloff family."

There was apparently some confusion as to whether the inspector had permission, due to his multiple visits to Roloff Farms to address code issues.  Matt had shown him an entry gate that did NOT have a "No Trespassing" sign on it, and that's how he entered the property.  

Even after the apology, the Roloffs still filed suit on constitutional grounds.  They literally tried to make a Federal case out of it, threatening to go to the US Supreme Court if necessary.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Eventually, the county apologized:

"Washington County’s Department of Land Use and Transportation apologizes for the action of our Building Inspector on the Little People, Big World segment aired October 25, 2010. We have also apologized to the Roloff family."

There was apparently some confusion as to whether the inspector had permission, due to his multiple visits to Roloff Farms to address code issues.  Matt had shown him an entry gate that did NOT have a "No Trespassing" sign on it, and that's how he entered the property.  

Even after the apology, the Roloffs still filed suit on constitutional grounds.  They literally tried to make a Federal case out of it, threatening to go to the US Supreme Court if necessary.

For little people they sure have huge egos.

• LOL 5
On 6/26/2020 at 12:20 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Alex gives back so much but no mention of anything Amy gives back!!!

Watching her introduction and she is a terrible speaker.  She can't have a college degree she just can't. 

I thought she did public speaking engagements?  Was she as bad there as she is on these cooking video's. 

She's really something!

Why, is she “fustrated” again?

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

I agree.  Why does she think her head has to be in the foreground of every photo?

Because otherwise we might think the photograph is about whatever is in the background instead of about her. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

I thought they were going on a journey!  I wonder if when Amy moved on that left them homeless.

They must be wandering around close to home with no home if they are dropping in on Amy.!

Do you suppose he has any network money from back when he appeared on the show?

Could it be that Amy didn't invite them to her new home and Matt maybe said "you made your bed you sleep in it" ?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I haven't even had coffee yet, but still had to laugh out loud at the line, "I don't think he (Chris) knows about having girlfriends."

A lot of us have opined our surprise that after 50+ years of single life, he felt that Amy was a great choice.  She obviously knows the truth . . . he doesn't know much about having girlfriends.  LOL.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I haven't even had coffee yet, but still had to laugh out loud at the line, "I don't think he (Chris) knows about having girlfriends."

A lot of us have opined our surprise that after 50+ years of single life, he felt that Amy was a great choice.  She obviously knows the truth . . . he doesn't know much about having girlfriends.  LOL.

But he surely knows about $$$ and I'm sure he's feathering his retirement nest with said funds!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4