Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Why does Amy continue to post these awful 'cooking' videos? I watched that strawberry cake video and it really was awful. Is she doing these alone? Is someone handling the camera? If so, they are terrible at it. We don't see what we need to see; like what's IN the mixing bowl, for example. Someone really needs to tell her. Amy seems to be uncomfortable doing these segments IMO. She comes off as fakey, fakey. How many times do we have to know her name and 'where she is'....in her Little Kitchen? Unprepared yet again, sadly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

For some reason I was thinking about Chris.  My thoughts were that it they were to cast the perfect person to be Amy's boyfriend it would be Chris.

He's nice looking, well spoken with good manners.  Comes with no family drama.  Heck we've yet to see anybody connected to him other than a few motorcycle buddies.  We know hardly anything about him!

Everybody gets along with him because he's no threat being just a cast member!

Maybe Jacob will get another wild hair up his butt and spill the beans!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

For some reason I was thinking about Chris.  My thoughts were that it they were to cast the perfect person to be Amy's boyfriend it would be Chris.

He's nice looking, well spoken with good manners.  Comes with no family drama.  Heck we've yet to see anybody connected to him other than a few motorcycle buddies.  We know hardly anything about him!

Everybody gets along with him because he's no threat being just a cast member!

Maybe Jacob will get another wild hair up his butt and spill the beans!

I like Chris, I’m not sure how real their relationship is, but it seems far more real than that shitshow over on MBFFL.  I don’t know if they pushed the proposal part, but Chris and Amy at least seem to interact like people that date not actors.  Although, I will forever get a chuckle from whomever ( @Joan of Argh ??) started the swinging from the chandelier image of Amy and Chris.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

With lots of papArika, and licked fingers...after touching raw meat. She also seems to think "washing her hands" means just wiping dirty hands on a dry paper towel. Don't miss out on her rancid looking potato pancakes and what must be cold brisket since she supposedly baked it for 4 hours.... and then picked up the casserole dish twice with her bare hands. 

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:
With lots of papArika, and licked fingers...after touching raw meat. She also seems to think "washing her hands" means just wiping dirty hands on a dry paper towel. Don't miss out on her rancid looking potato pancakes and what must be cold brisket since she supposedly baked it for 4 hours.... and then picked up the casserole dish twice with her bare hands. 

Followed by posts from her guests that they are currently suffering from food poisoning.  (NOT kidding.)

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Followed by posts from her guests that they are currently suffering from food poisoning.  (NOT kidding.)

I did immediately think of this dinner when Audrey said she and Jeremy had food poisoning.  I don’t know when they got sick, but that timing of the post was ironic since Amy had made such a production about the dinner.  I actually felt a bit bad for Amy because I think some people would jump to the conclusion it was Amy’s food.  Audrey is now on Amy’s page gushing over the strawberry cake.   I wonder if that was to make nice.  Does she ever post on Amy’s page? I don’t keep up with the comments.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2

I was just looking at Amy's Instagram photos where there are lots and lots of photos of the candy, cookies and bread that you can buy from Amy's Little Kitchen.  Where are all these things made?  Certainly not in her little kitchen.  Do they come from a bakery in Portland?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I was just looking at Amy's Instagram photos where there are lots and lots of photos of the candy, cookies and bread that you can buy from Amy's Little Kitchen.  Where are all these things made?  Certainly not in her little kitchen.  Do they come from a bakery in Portland?

According to her website, "her treats are made in a professional, licensed kitchen and may contain or come in contact with all manner of nuts, wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, and pretty much anything else you can imagine as a food allergen. If you have allergies or food sensitivities, please shop accordingly.” 

Anyone who has seen her videos would know automatically that hers is not a "professional, licensed kitchen."  The bakery she originally was contracted with was shut down temporarily due to a rat infestation.

She no more makes all the baked goods and fudge than she sews the aprons, cans the salsa, and roasts the coffee beans sold.  She's selling her name . . . not any products that she is personally involved with the making of.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

I suppose none of her friends or Chris would dare speak up.

You're assuming they know that she's mangling the English language.  Haven't heard any of them speak long enough to know.  Encouraged that Chris didn't get down on one knee and ask, "Will her marry I?"

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Don't miss out on her rancid looking potato pancakes

Oh! So that's what that pile of flattened shit was on the plate? Potato pancakes? 

Maybe she should do a "what did I just cook" show. She prepares the food and we guess what it is she cooked. I'd fail every time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

Everybody on social media is an "inspirational" speaker these days. I'm sick of it.

Chris looks UNinspired. He almost looks like he's bored.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4

Her "date night at home" involved going to a restaurant? Apparently this counts as staying at home if you start and end the date there??? I don't know. I can't even count how many grammar and punctuation errors she made. I'm assuming she has 'fire' in apostrophe marks, incorrectly, to signify it's not a huge bon fire like she had on the farm that she can't get over. I will give her props for having someone take the pictures this time, sparing us the extreme closeup selfie for a change!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This video was put on YouTube in 2012.  I can’t believe the difference.

I wonder if the book company furnished a lot of professional help for this or if Matt was there pushing anything along because this is like night and day when you compare this with her other videos.  I think Amy actually was familiar with the recipe and took time to memorize some of the lines because her book was being pushed at the time.  If not this editing team should win every award imaginable.

On a side note, I like Amy much better with Chris and even Matt with Karen.  For all the years on the show, I feel like I barely know Chris.  Does anybody know if Chris’ parents are still alive and has Amy ever talked about meeting them?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Does anybody know if Chris’ parents are still alive and has Amy ever talked about meeting them?

I haven't been watching every episode so my perception of Chris might be off, however, he appears to be half human/half blow up doll. He seems kind, but emotionless. Alive but not energetic. He let's Amy run their lives.

I would love to know more about his background too. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

I haven't been watching every episode so my perception of Chris might be off, however, he appears to be half human/half blow up doll. He seems kind, but emotionless. Alive but not energetic. He let's Amy run their lives.

I would love to know more about his background too. 

Yes, I think part of the reason I like him is because he’s just sort of there.  I’ve never seen him riled up or anything.  I secretly imagine him just going hog wild crazy just one time after hearing the word, “fustrated” one too many times or after taking another extreme closeup selfie.  I just picture him losing it, cussing up a storm, and then quietly sitting back down like nothing ever happened.  I don’t know anything about him, I just think it’s funny to imagine because he seems pretty mild-mannered.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, I think part of the reason I like him is because he’s just sort of there.  I’ve never seen him riled up or anything.  I secretly imagine him just going hog wild crazy just one time after hearing the word, “fustrated” one too many times or after taking another extreme closeup selfie.  I just picture him losing it, cussing up a storm, and then quietly sitting back down like nothing ever happened.  I don’t know anything about him, I just think it’s funny to imagine because he seems pretty mild-mannered.

Also, it doesn't seem like Amy has a lot of time to be with him so maybe that's what he likes. 

• Useful 2

Other than Chris's friends who didn't seem super into Amy or being filmed, I don't know if his family has been mentioned on the show. From her Insta, she has mentioned he has family in Idaho. I'm assuming she's met them, but somehow I don't see a visit to his family popping up on TLC anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

LOL! I could actually picture this happening. The closest we've seen of him showing any annoyance was when they were going to go on a road trip and Amy packing the RV with enough shit to last a few months, then he was actually pissed, but hid it well when something happened the motorcycle trailer and his bike. Oh, and then she would NOT shut up as he was driving, you could tell he just wanted to tell her to shut the hell up, but didn't. 

• Love 4

Is that the same Amy?  She should be better in her cooking videos, not worse.  

Chris did show a bit of temper when they spent a weekend on the coast, and she wasn't at the rental house when he arrived.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Wow, how could someone actually get worse at doing a cooking video? Who oversaw this one back then? Yes, such a difference.

I just finished watching it.  YES.  This video was MUCH better than the garbage she does now.  It looked rehearsed, the ingredients were already measured out, and the PAPER TOWELS WERE NEXT TO THE SINK!!!!  She didn't feel the need to do her cutesy little "Hi, I'm Amy Roloff in Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen" three times.

I honestly think she's trying too hard on the more recent videos.  She doesn't look like a professional; she looks like a ditz with bad kitchen hygiene habits.

Someone was obviously filming and directing the older video.  She desperately NEEDS someone to do that for the newer ones.

• Love 6
On 6/7/2020 at 10:35 PM, chenoa333 said:

Sorry Amy, but your homemade BBQ sauce sounds gross.....ketchup and vinegar. No thanks.

Hopefully there was more ingredients that than...... but a bbq sauce recipe that has a ketchup and vinegar base is really good. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dmarie019 said:

Hopefully there was more ingredients that than...... but a bbq sauce recipe that has a ketchup and vinegar base is really good. 

I've already confessed I'm not good at cooking! Lol. So it's good to know that I'm learning (cooking) things from reading other posts on here. 😊

(edited)

Just caught Rachael Ray cooking from home. Ew. Cooking with gold bracelets on both wrists and what I'm guessing are wedding rings. She is digging her hands into some marinade with all that jewelry on. 

Seems there are a lot of gross kitchen habits out there. Not a fan of hers anyway. or Amy's. lol

Edited by seasons
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I've already confessed I'm not good at cooking! Lol. So it's good to know that I'm learning (cooking) things from reading other posts on here. 😊

There might be vinegar in all bbq sauce (not real sure lol) BUT if there's a heavy amount I think it's called carolina bbq sauce? something like that. It's usually kind of runny - not real thick like most other bbq sauces. super good though if you like vinegar, if not - i do not recommend lol   but now i think i really need to make my mom's recipe which is heavy in vinegar....

2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

There might be vinegar in all bbq sauce (not real sure lol) BUT if there's a heavy amount I think it's called carolina bbq sauce? something like that. It's usually kind of runny - not real thick like most other bbq sauces. super good though if you like vinegar, if not - i do not recommend lol   but now i think i really need to make my mom's recipe which is heavy in vinegar....

It is usually apple cider vinegar.  She said she didn't have any so she used red wine vinegar.  That could change the taste IMO.

• Love 2

Did anyone watch the pumpkin bread video?  She said that people ask her since she owns a pumpkin farm what does she do with all the pumpkins, then she introduces making pumpkin bread.  She goes on to use canned pumpkin in the recipe.  🤣

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Did anyone watch the pumpkin bread video?  She said that people ask her since she owns a pumpkin farm what does she do with all the pumpkins, then she introduces making pumpkin bread.  She goes on to use canned pumpkin in the recipe.  🤣

That’s hilarious. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Does she bother to explain Halloween pumpkins really aren't meant for baking? I mean, in theory you can, but they are a different kind of pumpkin and your bread or pie will be shit. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Does she bother to explain Halloween pumpkins really aren't meant for baking? I mean, in theory you can, but they are a different kind of pumpkin and your bread or pie will be shit. 

Yeah I know a halloween carving pumpkin isn’t the same as a pumpkin for baking/recipes but the image is so funny. 

• Love 2

The real question is does Chef Amy even know there's a difference? 

I've made a homemade pumpkin pie once, I convinced my mom we should do it when I was in high school. We used canned pumpkin, no way was I ambitious enough to try from actual pumpkins, and while the pie was good, it really didn't taste much different from the frozen ones my mom was making at the time. And we both decided it was not worth the time or effort. Now my mom doesn't even bake the frozen pies, she just goes to the bakery at Sam's Club and calls it a day. I'd LOVE to see Amy make a pumpkin pie from scratch. I'll even give her a pre-made pie shell. Can you image her trying to figure out how to turn a whole pumpkin into a filling? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 6/15/2020 at 4:57 PM, LucyEth said:

Amy and Lisa have not had one of their "chats" in a few weeks.  I guess they are trying to avoid having to talk about the current events happening in the country.  

I’m thinking those were for while the show was airing.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’m thinking those were for while the show was airing.

No, at the last one they had a week before Memorial day weekend, she said they will skip one week because of the holiday.  I think these chats will continue at some point.  Amy wants to stay on the radar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures:

Just now, Jeanne222 said:

I was kind of enjoying the pictures of Amber then I got hit with Amy's mug right in my face!

Please somebody tell her NO!!!!!    Selfies of her are terrible especially up close!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was kind of enjoying the pictures of Amber then I got hit with Amy's mug right in my face!

Please somebody tell her NO!!!!!    Selfies of her are terrible especially up close!

Had the exact same reaction when I saw this last night on my phone, but wasn't willing to expend the effort to type exactly what you wrote.

• Love 4

She looks kind of weather beaten.  Even more so than Matt, who I assume would have been outside more.  Guess it’s all genetics. Amy seems to have really aged in the 8 years since that video.  I’m not sure exactly how old she is, I guess early 60s??  I’m not sure if she’s just aged badly, sun damaged or just takes really bad pictures.  Nothing wrong with aging, but that last picture with Ember startled me a bit.  Chris always looks fairly put together and Amy a bit disheveled , I guess opposites attract.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3