Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

but all you see is 1/8 of a white plate and her face, you don’t actually see the strawberry and rhubarb cheesecake 😏

Maybe that strawberry/rhubarb actually WAS her face?

• LOL 2
16 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Great comments, AZC.  I cringed when she took the pan with hot water out of the oven.  It's hard to believe she's been cooking for years.

I'll never forget a "talking head" with Jacob when he was quite young (so early in the filming of LPBW).  He said, "My mom is a terrible cook."  LOL.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Good to see Molly!  If you’re going to take pictures of food, why not take it before you eat 75% of it?

Is Molly engaged? Just wondering since she's wearing an engagement looking ring on her left finger.

(Sorry if the answer is common knowledge, I am not completely involved in watching every episode of LPBW.)

It seems like her daughter stays away from the show and the spotlight. Smart young lady ...maybe she's not really Matt and Amy's daughter! 😄

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Is Molly engaged? Just wondering since she's wearing an engagement looking ring on her left finger.

(Sorry if the answer is common knowledge, I am not completely involved in watching every episode of LPBW.)

It seems like her daughter stays away from the show and the spotlight. Smart young lady ...maybe she's not really Matt and Amy's daughter! 😄

Molly is married and is now an accountant I believe.  I always liked Molly the best.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've NEVER seen a professional cook pour water into a shallow pan for a water bath on the counter top and then try to transport it to the oven.  You open the oven door, pull out the rack, place the shallow pan on the rack, then the "springfoam" pan onto that pan, THEN pour the water into the shallow pan.  To quote Amy, "Wal-lah."

I was shocked at that also, what was she thinking, no common sense.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Oh I forgot to post this, Amy on Chopped will be shown on the Food Network on Tuesday June 2 at 2pm EDT.

What da Phuck?!  Who are her competitors?

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

What da Phuck?!  Who are her competitors?

I set my DVR and this was the description for the episode:

Reality stars Renee Graziano (Mob Wives), Travis Lofland (Deadliest Catch), Amy Roloff (Little People, Big World) and Kathy Wakile (Real Housewives of New Jersey) are ready for battle in the Chopped Kitchen. They'll have to tackle biscuit dough, vegetable cream cheese and cherry pie filling if they're going to take home $10,000 for their favorite charity.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
34 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I set my DVR and this was the description for the episode:

Reality stars Renee Graziano (Mob Wives), Travis Lofland (Deadliest Catch), Amy Roloff (Little People, Big World) and Kathy Wakile (Real Housewives of New Jersey) are ready for battle in the Chopped Kitchen. They'll have to tackle biscuit dough, vegetable cream cheese and cherry pie filling if they're going to take home $10,000 for their favorite charity.

A star studded cooking event! 😄 

However, it's a "must watch" just to see how creative Amy is with those weird basket ingredients!

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

A star studded cooking event! 😄 

However, it's a "must watch" just to see how creative Amy is with those weird basket ingredients!

I’ve never seen this show, but I can’t wait to hear her say the names of the ingredients, and I can only hope a SPRINGFOAM pan is needed LOL.

• LOL 3
(edited)

Anyone know what charity Amy will be donating to if she wins? I watch Chopped frequently, and the "celebrities" who don't win (IIRC) still get a smaller donation to their charity

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Anyone know what charity Amy will be donating to if she wins? I watch Chopped frequently, and the "celebrities" who don't win (IIRC) still get a smaller donation to their charity

I’d guess the Amy Roloff Charity Foundation.  The one with the great mission statement.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I’d guess the Amy Roloff Charity Foundation.  The one with the great mission statement.

I Googled her charity foundation. Chose to view the Facebook page dedicated to her foundation. 

It wasn't clear to me, exactly what or where her donations are used for. Facebook shows:

"Funds go directly to those we serve,.. locally and nationally, when we can. Homeless, underserved, special needs...." However, I'm having no luck opening the amyroloffcharityfoundation.org

I get an error message "site cannot be reached. Reload?"

Maybe too many people are trying to access her charity website? Anyway, I digress. 

• LOL 1
47 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I Googled her charity foundation. Chose to view the Facebook page dedicated to her foundation. 

It wasn't clear to me, exactly what or where her donations are used for. Facebook shows:

"Funds go directly to those we serve,.. locally and nationally, when we can. Homeless, underserved, special needs...." However, I'm having no luck opening the amyroloffcharityfoundation.org

Maybe too many people are trying to access her charity website? Anyway, I digress. 

It looks like the page is defunct, and Facebook page is outdated.  She manages that as well as she cooks.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

When we can?  Where do they go the rest of time? LOL  The website didn’t work for me either.  Guess they only maintain the site when they can.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

How embarrassing will it be for 7 people to be cooking at the same time, when 

1.  One of them has a company with "Kitchen" in the company name.

2.  Six of them have real jobs as essential workers (probably not in the food-service industry).

3.  The person with "Kitchen" in the company name produces the worst dish.  

She literally can't focus on creating one dish on camera when she's home alone.  How will she cook AND try to interact with six other people?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Molly and Joel have asked for privacy and here's Amy posting pictures...look at me!!!

(Grammar Police Alert!)

"Joel beat Molly and I".

How the hell did this woman get a teaching degree?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

How the hell did this woman get a teaching degree?

Must have gone to the college of hard knocks.

You'd think one of her friends or Molly, who went to college, would kindly explain her grammar mistakes.

Edited by DonnaMae
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Amy has a business degree. That fact doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be able to write correctly.

My mistake. I thought she had a teaching degree since it's been mentioned here that she used to be a teacher.

• Love 1
On 5/31/2020 at 8:55 PM, Irate Panda said:

Haven’t essential workers been through enough already?

That was my very first thought. Her cooking live is sure to be a dumpster fire. Can we start taking bets on how many ingredients, cooking implements, and basic words Amy can't pronounce and how much literal food she ends up with on her face? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

That was my very first thought. Her cooking live is sure to be a dumpster fire. Can we start taking bets on how many ingredients, cooking implements, and basic words Amy can't pronounce and how much literal food she ends up with on her face? 

I hope she gives them a prize and I hope the prize isn’t working with her or a cookbook! I actually meant her “autobiography”.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

It will be lemon fudge. 

She'll probably given them each a $25 gift certificate for amyrollofslittlekitchen.com . . . which won't even get them a pound of fudge.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

It will be lemon fudge. 

9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She'll probably given them each a $25 gift certificate for amyrollofslittlekitchen.com . . . which won't even get them a pound of fudge.

E-gather T-shirt and a springFOAM pan lol

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

It will be lemon fudge. 

Oh my!  Every time anybody mentions Lemon Fudge my mouth reacts in a negative way.  It sounds just horrible and I love fudge.  But lemon....brrrrr!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Oh my!  Every time anybody mentions Lemon Fudge my mouth reacts in a negative way.  It sounds just horrible and I love fudge.  But lemon....brrrrr!

It looks like slabs of soap, but soap probably tastes better.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

It looks like slabs of soap, but soap probably tastes better.

Yes . . . because it's not like it actually was MADE in Amy's Little Kitchen. 

Her last supplier for the coffee cakes was shut down by the health department.  Amy probably inspected the place first and saw nothing wrong with its cleanliness, as it still looked cleaner than her kitchen at home.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/30/2020 at 7:33 PM, LucyEth said:

Oh I forgot to post this, Amy on Chopped will be shown on the Food Network on Tuesday June 2 at 2pm EDT.

Holy crap - I'm watching this now and it's the first challenge and Amy just stuck smoked mozzarella UP HER NOSE and then shoved it in her mouth.

Edited by Teri313
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

As soon as she put canned tomatoes into her second dish, I thought, "Good thing Gordon Ramsay isn't a judge!!!"  Professional chefs don't generally use canned veggies when fresh stuff is so readily available.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

As soon as she put canned tomatoes into her second dish, I thought, "Good thing Gordon Ramsay isn't a judge!!!"  Professional chefs don't generally use canned veggies when fresh stuff is so readily available.

Overall, she did better than I thought she would (but I also thought that the guy judge was rooting for her). My major complaint about the whole episode was the lobster. What a travesty! I'm from New England (I live in Maine) and have cooked a few lobster in my day. What they did with those lobsters was so cruel. First, the pots were too small for one lobster, let alone two or three. Add to that that they were only filled about halfway with boiling water and they were shoving them in tail first and using the lids to cram their bodies into the pots - wow. Even the Deadliest Catch guy, who supposedly knew his crustaceans, mangled the process. You need a lobster pot - not just a stock pot - a big lobster pot filled with water, bring it to a rolling boil, then plunge the lobster head first into the pot and submerge the entire body. All they were doing was torturing them. It really bummed me out. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

Overall, she did better than I thought she would (but I also thought that the guy judge was rooting for her). My major complaint about the whole episode was the lobster. What a travesty! I'm from New England (I live in Maine) and have cooked a few lobster in my day. What they did with those lobsters was so cruel. First, the pots were too small for one lobster, let alone two or three. Add to that that they were only filled about halfway with boiling water and they were shoving them in tail first and using the lids to cram their bodies into the pots - wow. Even the Deadliest Catch guy, who supposedly knew his crustaceans, mangled the process. You need a lobster pot - not just a stock pot - a big lobster pot filled with water, bring it to a rolling boil, then plunge the lobster head first into the pot and submerge the entire body. All they were doing was torturing them. It really bummed me out.

I agree with your whole post.  I was shocked she made it to the last round.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Was I trippin' or did it seem like Amy didn't get as much camera time (during the actual cooking segments) as the other 3 chefs? 

A lot of what "earns" you camera time is personality or interesting stories to tell.  Next to a real housewife, a mob wife, and a guy who works on crab boats, the Roloff family doesn't have the "interesting" factor.

• Love 2
On 6/1/2020 at 8:27 PM, chenoa333 said:

My mistake. I thought she had a teaching degree since it's been mentioned here that she used to be a teacher.

IIRC, Amy was a pre-school classroom aide, not a teacher, at the private school her kids attended.  Whether she was paid a salary or in reduced tuition, I do not recall them mentioning.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, ginger90 said:

Video:

I forced myself to watch the entire video and it's a mess...

"springFOAM" "rhuBAR"  lol

I didn't count but she says that she's making "classic cheesecake" about 50 times but it ISN'T classic cheesecake... Classic cheesecake is made with sour cream and Amy uses Greek yogurt instead.

The whole process of pouring water in the pan and then removing it from oven with steaming hot water in her face was absolutely ridiculous.... She needs to stop doing that before she scalds herself with hot water.

She says that water seeped through the tinfoil and she doesn't know why... I can tell her why.. She used several layers and crumpled them into each other in such a way that it caused teeny tiny little tears in the foil... I use "Reynolds slowcooker liners" around my Springform pan and then put the tinfoil over it.. Never leaks, not one drop.

I really wish she would put her hair back while cooking and no jewelry please.... when she was pressing in the crust with her bare hands *gag* her bracelet was in the crumbs... I never wear jewelry while working with food and I usually pull on a glove or put my hand inside a ziploc baggy when working crumbs etc.

Then for the grand finale we get to see Amy flapping her gums and no plated cheesecake anywhere in sight..... Unbelievable 

I will be shocked if the powers that be give her a cooking show, she's downright dangerous in the kitchen. 

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 7
(edited)

I don't why she insists on mentioning that she will share with her kids, she even had the top of cheesecake marked into four parts, if I saw that correctly.  She did it with the chocolate cake too, said she would give equal shares to her kids.  They probably threw it away when she wasn't looking.

Edited by LucyEth
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1