Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

In the first pic Chris looks absolutely bored to death, almost grumpy lol

I always look like that in cell phone photos.  I never know where to look, when they're pushing the button, etc.  Everyone tells me I always look so miserable when I'm really not.

20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

When she does this it always looks to me like she's photobombing her own picture.

I honestly think she has to stand to the front like that because of her height.  She's likely using a selfie stick, and can't lift it in a way that captures everyone.

• Love 2
On 4/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, funky-rat said:

I always look like that in cell phone photos.  I never know where to look, when they're pushing the button, etc.  Everyone tells me I always look so miserable when I'm really not.

I said "in the first pic" because in the 2nd he obviously knows how to smile for a cell phone pic so probably doesn't share your problem.

In the 2nd pic he's smiling

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Wonder why the power couple and world-famous authors aren't at Amy's for Easter. 

They all went to Molly’s for Easter, except Jeremy, Audrey, and Matt. Matt’s going next month.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref photos above.  It's amazing how much like Jer Jacob is looking now days.   And, Jacob's wife is just lovely.  Nice to see those friendly, family photos!

I think Jacob and Jeremy look alike also, and their wives do also IMO.

• Love 1

I wonder if Amy has some kind of degree in life coaching?  These little video chats she does she seems to be advising people on what is okay in their life and how to change things that don't make you happy.  Offering them ideas etc.  I guess her die hard fans will follow her advice and suggestions.

1 hour ago, Shieldmaiden said:

The grammar nerd in me is required to say “We Got This” ?? Maybe from the same marketing firm who thought “Be Best” was grammatically correct???

Don't read the ad copy. Your inner grammar nerd will be sad. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Wasn’t she a teacher at some point in her life?

Techically.  She was a Pre-K teacher at a Christian School.  Not much formal training required.

Amy has a degree from Central Michigan U, but it's in hotel and hospitality management.

• Useful 1

I've always thought she was more of a motivational speaker. I've heard her speak in that capacity on the show and was impressed. I think she and Matt have a lot to offer. I would think they could do pretty well with income doing that. It's a lot of travel, but she claims she enjoys that.

On 6/1/2019 at 6:12 PM, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

2 pictures:

I hope the twins show the same amount of respect to their mother that they showed Matt when he published the children's book about his dog. I realize there's somewhat of a pattern to my comments as of late; I'm irritated that the boys appear to be showing the same amounts of dismissal and even disdain toward Amy that Matt has always shown.

Matt and Amy each are likely sitting pretty well financially, but my guess is Amy has invested more wisely and been more frugal. Here's my hope: that when Matt passes away, Zach and Jeremy are greeted with, "Sorry -- he blew through it all, and the little that's left is earmarked for Caryn." Then perhaps Amy will get some well-deserved attention -- even for the wrong reasons.

She's not perfect, but SHE parented those kids while Matt busied himself elsewhere. She deserves better.

• Love 21

I really am extremely shocked she's apparently taking the buyout. But her comments really made it seem like getting away from Matt was the primary motivating factor. She basically made it seem like she really feels like living so close to him and being involved with him for business reasons is keeping her trapped in an emotionally unhealthy place, and given what comes out when she talks to him (comments about how he doesn't care about how people feel and him bulldozing over people) I think she's still not over he divorce and what led up to it. If she actually leaves, hopefully she ends up in a better place emotionally re: Matt.

• Love 6
On 6/2/2019 at 7:40 PM, Literata said:

I hope the twins show the same amount of respect to their mother that they showed Matt when he published the children's book about his dog. I realize there's somewhat of a pattern to my comments as of late; I'm irritated that the boys appear to be showing the same amounts of dismissal and even disdain toward Amy that Matt has always shown.

Matt and Amy each are likely sitting pretty well financially, but my guess is Amy has invested more wisely and been more frugal. Here's my hope: that when Matt passes away, Zach and Jeremy are greeted with, "Sorry -- he blew through it all, and the little that's left is earmarked for Caryn." Then perhaps Amy will get some well-deserved attention -- even for the wrong reasons.

She's not perfect, but SHE parented those kids while Matt busied himself elsewhere. She deserves better.

I agree completely. I don’t like how they treat her when their dad was the one to step out of the marriage then proceeded to try to kick Amy off the farm. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Where are they in that photo above? Is that on the farm? 

This was taken during a visit to Molly and Joel’s. They live in Spokane, Washington.

• Love 1

I really think she's ridden this pony as far as it will go. "Divorce as a Little Person"? How is that so different than what other women face? We've already been through endless episodes of "Empty Nest As A Little Mom". That is NOT any different from what any other mother deals with.

Enough already, Amie. We get it. Move on.

• Love 7

I don’t trust Matt.  I also hope he can raise the cash, my guess is the land is not a liquid asset and they will have to sell the whole thing.  It may take a while. 

hope Amy gets a good buyout and invests the money wisely.  

Also agree the boys should do more to support their Mother. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems like Molly maybe the least involved with Amy.  The boys seem to be around her house for a lot of events.  They all live closer to her, as well.  

I don't think it's just Amy.  Molly seems like she's happy to be away from all of the farm drama!

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems like Molly maybe the least involved with Amy.  The boys seem to be around her house for a lot of events.  They all live closer to her, as well.  

I remember after Molly had moved away to go to college.  Matt and Amy (separately) went to visit her, and both were shown out to dinner with her.  Molly was very quiet with Amy.  When she had dinner with Matt, she was constantly smiling and laughing, and I remember at one point she even reached over and put her hand over his at the table and said, "I am SOOOO glad to see you!!!!"

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I remember after Molly had moved away to go to college.  Matt and Amy (separately) went to visit her, and both were shown out to dinner with her.  Molly was very quiet with Amy.  When she had dinner with Matt, she was constantly smiling and laughing, and I remember at one point she even reached over and put her hand over his at the table and said, "I am SOOOO glad to see you!!!!"

This is true.  I wonder if it had to do with the way that Amy always doted on the twins.  I also recall back before Molly graduated from high school.  They were showing some mother/daughter activities and Molly commented about how she and her mother were quite different or that they didn't really get along well....I can't recall the terminology, but, it was clear they were not that close.  Not the way she was so natural and relaxed with Matt.   Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm more comfortable with my dad too.  

• Love 3

I remember a very early episode, perhaps even the initial show, Molly had stopped playing soccer and switched to volleyball because Amy knew nothing about the sport.  IOW, she wanted her mother less involved/obsessed with at least that part of her life.  Maybe Molly and her mother just aren’t that close.

• Love 4

Man, it's tough as our parents age and need increasing amounts of care.  I'm working on getting my parents to downsize now. We've had our own version of a little family compound, since the 1960's, but, eventually, it's not feasible.   It's difficult, but, there are so many reasons that seniors with mobility and endurance issues need one floor, wide doors, well equipped bathroom/showers, ramps, near medical office, etc. Sometimes, the family compound isn't that practical.  

Well wishes to Amy's mother.  Is she about the same age as her father?