Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Here's what I would suggest as a shopping list for Amy:

• Selfie stick
  • Hair brush
  • Moisturizer
  • Mirror

I would add if I may, Wrinkle cream, Eye cream for crows feet and a tooth whitening toothpaste.  A friend of mine who is single now, older than Amy and looks much younger than her said to me "she looks like an old hag, I cannot believe she is engaged."  I said "eye of the beholder".  I wonder if any of the other women in Chris's life were LP?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I would add if I may, Wrinkle cream, Eye cream for crows feet and a tooth whitening toothpaste.  A friend of mine who is single now, older than Amy and looks much younger than her said to me "she looks like an old hag, I cannot believe she is engaged."  I said "eye of the beholder".  I wonder if any of the other women in Chris's life were LP?

Honestly, I don't bother with much in the way of fancy hairstyles or wrinkle creams (I'm 73, what's the use?).  But if I were going to be a regular on a TV show, shilling for my own cooking show, I like to think I'd make a BIT of effort to look the best I can.

But she really does herself no favors by those extreme closeups.  We got a selfie stick for our little digital camera, and our vacation pictures were a LOT better with pretty scenery in the background.  Shoot - WE looked a lot better with pretty scenery in the background!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

But if I were going to be a regular on a TV show, shilling for my own cooking show, I like to think I'd make a BIT of effort to look the best I can.

Yes!

• Love 5

So while Matt, with his very limited mobility, was working to improve their living standards in every way, Amy was keeping a shitty house, raising lazy kids who slept on sheetless beds and the remainder of her time she was just being an asshole about everything Matt did.

Crappy wife, crappy housekeeper, crappy mother, and only a fun grandmother if no work is involved. Okay, but she's still got her cooking right? Weeell....not according to what I'm reading here.

Maybe there is something she's really good at, and Chris may be the only one who'll ever know. 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

So while Matt, with his very limited mobility, was working to improve their living standards in every way, Amy was keeping a shitty house, raising lazy kids who slept on sheetless beds and the remainder of her time she was just being an asshole about everything Matt did.

Crappy wife, crappy housekeeper, crappy mother, and only a fun grandmother if no work is involved. Okay, but she's still got her cooking right? Weeell....not according to what I'm reading here.

Maybe there is something she's really good at, and Chris may be the only one who'll ever know. 😁

3 ft tall has it's benefits..... and if Chris is a howler the neighbors will know 😁

• LOL 7

According to Amy on her live, Matt now owns the portion of property the DW is on.  She and Matt each own 50% of the property the farm house is on. That side is , I believe she said, 34 acres.

She mentioned the possibility of selling the farm house part to a third party buyer. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, LucyEth said:

would add if I may, Wrinkle cream, Eye cream for crows feet and a tooth whitening toothpaste

Yes!! Thanks for saying what I've always wanted to say about her teeth. It's not like she doesn't have the money to get them whitened. 

Amy is a miserable person and I just don't get why Chris has fallen in love with her. It doesn't make sense.

The guy is in his 60's, has never been married (nothing wrong with that) and decides on Amy? He appears very submissive (with Amy) so I find it odd that no other women have ever convinced him to marry them. He's definitely an odd duck.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

The guy is in his 60's, has never been married (nothing wrong with that)

Chris is in his 50s, but the same logic applies.

19 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes!! Thanks for saying what I've always wanted to say about her teeth. It's not like she doesn't have the money to get them whitened. 

I'll be the odd one out and say not everyone has to aspire to Hollywood brite white teeth.  The dentist won't whiten mine for several reasons.  Amy could have similar issues as mine or simply not care herself which is fine, also.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'll be the odd one out and say not everyone has to aspire to Hollywood brite white teeth.  The dentist won't whiten mine for several reasons.  Amy could have similar issues as mine or simply not care herself which is fine, also.

I agree that bright white teeth aren't important, and many people, including myself, don't have them.  But she really does look so much better when her face isn't an inch from the camera.  😖

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I agree that bright white teeth aren't important, and many people, including myself, don't have them.  But she really does look so much better when her face isn't an inch from the camera.  😖

Absolutely.  I don't know why every food photo or yard photo or house photo needs to have her face in it.  Just take a photo of what it is you're talking about and skip the selfie portion.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

agree that bright white teeth aren't important, and many

I should have clarified that my point was simply this: if one is trying for a cooking show on TV (and NO, I have no proof Amy is doing that) then it's wise to do what you can to look your best in front of the camera. However, Amy's personality needs way more polishing than her teeth...IMO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I watched the soup video and the chocolate cake one. I was quite surprised at Amy's performance in both. Substandard, really. In the cake video, she began with a stained apron. Why can't an 'experienced home cook' for over 30 years not eyeball the amount of lentils and vegetables for the amount she wishes to make and for the pot size she is using. That pot was too full. It's not stew, it's supposed to be soup! 

The chocolate cake video was just a disaster all the way around, IMO. Unprepared, clumsy and unfamiliar with the recipe she said she had made before. Yes, I agree the counter was too high for her which didn't help her gracefulness. NEVER, NEVER lick your fingers in a public cooking video.  I didn't like the frosting recipe one bit. She really had no idea what the ratio of powdered sugar was supposed to be along with the chocolate chips and cream. In the end, she just dumped the whole bowl of powdered sugar in with the melted chocolate chips. No way is this person ever going to get a cooking show. Her hair was a mess in both videos and didn't look appropriate for her 'little kitchen'.

On another note, did she ever say if she was a sun-bather in her younger days? I ask this because her skin seems to be hard like leather and blemished. She looks 'cooked' to me and it could be from earlier sun damage. If I were her, I would wear proper makeup whenever I was going to video something OR take my own picture. It could help that hard-skinned look. I agree that she needs to stay away from the cookies and cakes. I was surprised at the weight she has gained in her upper arms, behind and thighs. I would think that this weight is not very healthy for a woman of Amy's size combined with the issues she has being a little person. Her joints are under unnecessary stress from the extra weight. I also find it curious that Chris fell for her. He's a good looking guy, mind mannered (or so he seems), never married, no kids. why would he choose someone like Amy for a wife? I'm not knocking Amy fut someone else with similar life experience might be better suited for her and someone with less ties and residual bitterness for her former husband might be better suited for a guy like Chris. Any thoughts on this?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Amy is a miserable person and I just don't get why Chris has fallen in love with her. It doesn't make sense.

The guy is in his 60's, has never been married (nothing wrong with that) and decides on Amy? He appears very submissive (with Amy) so I find it odd that no other women have ever convinced him to marry them. He's definitely an odd duck.

Okay, I'll say it. If the Roloffs had never had a TV show and were just regular struggling divorced people, Chris and Amy would never have even gone on a first date, much less gotten engaged. He is dazzled by the show and the farm. JMO. I also wonder if there was any strategy behind waiting until she bought the new house (or was under contract anyway) before proposing to her. Will he live there as her husband for nothing? I actually kind of like Chris, but I don't necessarily trust that he's completely sincere. Although he did get choked up for the proposal, so who knows...maybe that's what 50-something life-long bachelors do when they finally take the plunge.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I also find it curious that Chris fell for her. He's a good looking guy, mind mannered (or so he seems), never married, no kids. why would he choose someone like Amy for a wife? I'm not knocking Amy fut someone else with similar life experience might be better suited for her and someone with less ties and residual bitterness for her former husband might be better suited for a guy like Chris. Any thoughts on this?

I think some pros for Amy, at least in Chris’ mind, are that she is financially in a good spot.  I don’t necessarily think he’s a gold digger, but I think he enjoys whatever freebies/check he gets from the show, and I think he doesn’t worry that she’s going to take him to the cleaners if they break up.  I, also, think he gets to keep more of his disposable income, so she (the show) has increased his standard of living so to speak.  I don’t necessarily mean just money (increased exposure probably helps with him being a realtor, trips, farm events, etc.).

Amy seems open to trying a lot of things, especially outdoorsy stuff, that he seems to like.  At least some of her food is probably good (not that cake!), so he probably is being well fed.  She probably complains too much for my taste, but honestly, I think most of her anger is still about Matt.  So if she is yapping and complaining, he’s probably rarely the target of it. Although, it probably gets tiring hearing it, he seems like he could just zone out and drink a glass of wine.  She seems like she likes to entertain people; so again, she’s bringing potential clients into Chris’ world.  Lastly, and this never entered my mind until this thread, but old girl might be hot in the sack LOL.  If so, good for both of them LOL.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

On the tooth whitening issue, I just feel that if you are presenting yourself as a television personality, doing cooking videos and posting up close wide open mouth smiles, with a lot of gums showing too  you might want your teeth to look a little brighter.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

At least some of her food is probably good (not that cake!), so he probably is being well fed.  

Through all the seasons of the show and her appearance on Celebrity Chopped and the recent videos, I have yet to see her make something that has been impressive or even makes me want to try the recipe.  And seeing the state of her kitchen, I'd never eat anything that was made there anyway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Thanks, silly me for not knowing that.  

I didn't know what DW meant either so thanks for asking. Too many abbreviations for simple words. I can never remember all of them. I try not to ask and just go to Urban Dictionary but they don't have all the answers.

I was guessing it meant Divorced Widow. Lol! I know thank makes no sense either.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

posting up close wide open mouth smiles, with a lot of gums showing

Yes. The gums showing when she has a big smile. I'm not a dentist but I think that is a fairly easy fix. Maybe Amy doesn't have dental insurance? (I'm kidding!)

Edited by chenoa333
  • Useful 1
33 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I didn't know what DW meant either so thanks for asking. Too many abbreviations for simple words. I can never remember all of them. I try not to ask and just go to Urban Dictionary but they don't have all the answers.

I was guessing it meant Divorced Widow. Lol! I know thank makes no sense either.

Matt himself refers to his house on the farm as the DW, on the show. Other family members do also.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. The gums showing when she has a big smile. I'm not a dentist but I think that is a fairly easy fix. Maybe Amy doesn't have dental insurance? (I'm kidding!)

Her gums are horrible, she needs to go in for more frequent cleanings because her gums often look swollen and inflamed with food stuck in her teeth.  🤢

You can have white teeth without bleaching but bottom line she needs to practice proper dental hygiene, use a waterpik and FLOSS FLOSS FLOSS!!!

Meanwhile she should quit taking pictures 6 inches from her wide open mouth.

Chris's teeth are also yellow and dinghy looking, they're a good pair, 2 people with poor dental hygiene.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Amy is really missing out on a good storyline.  Lots of middle aged women find themselves with an empty nest and a failed marriage.  One of her hashtags has referred to her second act. Show us!  

A couple episodes of working with an organizing expert.  We can see Amy go through the process of letting things go.  Something a lot of us can identify with.  

Amy could go to culinary school or at least take a few courses. 

We could see Amy with a therapist or life coach.  Her marriage is over, the house is gone, the kids are grown with their own families.  She's going through a huge transition.  Let's see her work it out to get to a happier place.  We don't need all the dirty details.  Well, I'd love to hear the dirty details, but it wouldn't be appropriate.

If she wants to be on social media get a social media coach.  Decide on a brand and build it.  After doing some work Amy could emerge a victorious survivor.  Lectures to women's conferences, Ted Talks, all kinds of events.  

She's really missing out.  The Amy is bitter and angry at Matt storyline is getting really boring.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Amy and Chris are not married as of yet.  It took this maybe confirmed bachelor three years to put an engagement ring on it.  I'm getting there never will be a wedding.

Realtors , as far as I know, don't have pension plans, insurance and 401k's.  They are outside contractors working on their own for a real estate company.

With that said Amy and this reality show have to be a dream come true for Chris.

Chris might get comfortable with Amy taking care of him.  Who knows?  He seems like a pretty nice guy who doesn't 'poke the bear'!  Maybe the two of them will find a nice companionship with each other.

Re Amy' S appearance  I don't think she understand the importance of being TV ready.  Her hair, teeth, nails all need work.  She would never be a beauty but I think she would be more presentable.  I don't think Amy likes spending money.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She mentioned the possibility of selling the farm house part to a third party buyer. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I've been wondering about that ever since Matt started talking about a wall between the two properties. (IIRC the side that Matt owns outright is 100 acres which is plenty for him to have a vineyard and anything else he wants)

If a third party buys the farm house and property I totally understand Matt wanting the privacy a wall would provide and if the Roloff's continue filming the show the new owners on the 34 acres would probably appreciate a wall between them and film crews, pumpkin season crowds etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

This might be stupid but could her “bad” teeth be due to her dwarfism?  Honestly I think if she just didn’t have her phone right on top of her, it will solves a lot of the problems.  Am I misremembering, I thought she had some photography experience or was that only Jeremy?

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy and Chris are not married as of yet.  It took this maybe confirmed bachelor three years to put an engagement ring on it.  I'm getting there never will be a wedding.

He seems like a pretty nice guy who doesn't 'poke the bear'!

I don't think there will be a wedding either.  Neither of them seem to consider marriage a high priority.  He's never been, and she's very blase about the timing.  It's taken three years to get engaged and they have said the wedding won't be until next year because Amy's SO busy right now.  To most of us, the wedding would be the highest priority on our to-do list right now at this stage of life.  

And I suspect he DOES "poke the (Amy)bear."  That's why they're in no rush to marry.  He's supposed to be moving into her house soon, so they're obviously being intimate.  No need to buy a cow when you can get the cream for free.  

7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

This might be stupid but could her “bad” teeth be due to her dwarfism?  Honestly I think if she just didn’t have her phone right on top of her, it will solves a lot of the problems.  Am I misremembering, I thought she had some photography experience or was that only Jeremy?

The shape of her mouth and jaw are due to her dwarfism.  The color of her teeth is probably not.  Zach's jaw shape is more pronounced, but his teeth don't appear to be discolored.  The big difference is that Amy's selfies are too darned close!!!  If she's even a few feet back from the camera, her teeth are not nearly as noticeable.

Jeremy was "trained" as a photographer, but Amy was always snapping pictures with an expensive camera, even in the early seasons.  Even if no one has ever mentioned getting some distance from the lens in her "selfies," just looking at them herself should be a clue to back up.  

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I don't think there will be a wedding either.  Neither of them seem to consider marriage a high priority.  He's never been, and she's very blase about the timing.  It's taken three years to get engaged and they have said the wedding won't be until next year because Amy's SO busy right now.  To most of us, the wedding would be the highest priority on our to-do list right now at this stage of life.  

And I suspect he DOES "poke the (Amy)bear."  That's why they're in no rush to marry.  He's supposed to be moving into her house soon, so they're obviously being intimate.  No need to buy a cow when you can get the cream for free.  

The shape of her mouth and jaw are due to her dwarfism.  The color of her teeth is probably not.  Zach's jaw shape is more pronounced, but his teeth don't appear to be discolored.  The big difference is that Amy's selfies are too darned close!!!  If she's even a few feet back from the camera, her teeth are not nearly as noticeable.

Jeremy was "trained" as a photographer, but Amy was always snapping pictures with an expensive camera, even in the early seasons.  Even if no one has ever mentioned getting some distance from the lens in her "selfies," just looking at them herself should be a clue to back up.  

Yes, I don’t understand how she can think her pictures are good enough to post.  I mean she has access to professional photos for her website.  She can’t order a few more for IG?  Her “photographer” son, can’t help Mom out?  She can’t set a timer on her phone? Chris can’t take the picture?  This type of photo should be an exception not the rule.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 1

So Amy and her buddy had their live chat on Thursday.  Lisa, the buddy raved about how Amy took charge when Tori went into labor and made sure Caryn and Matt understood everything when they came to pickup Jackson.  She also said Amy handled it with class and maturity and that Matt and Caryn seemed shocked that there was no drama.  What a bunch of BS.  Someone commented that Chris will never marry her, of course they didn't point that one out.  Amy did read one that said when are you getting married, you are old!  She laughed and said yes I am old, don't think when she started reading the comment she knew it finished up with you're old.  Amy mentioned that with all the weddings cancelled in 2020, it may be hard to find a place for 2021 because everyone moved their weddings.  Lisa asked if she would get married on the farm and she did not rule it out.  There was another comment about Caryn and Amy mentioned she knew Caryn a long time etc.  Lisa suggested you read Amy's book to find out the deal with Caryn and Matt.  Amy then indicated that sometimes things are said or written because that is how you feel at the time.  I have not read the book, but perhaps a little regret about what was written.  Another chat this Thursday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

While the dwarfism probably wouldn't cause discolored teeth, if she needed antibiotics or other meds as a child due to frequent ear infections or other effects of dwarfism (or for any reason, really), her teeth could be discolored from that.  My aunt's about Amy's age and her teeth look like Amy's from some medicine she took as a child.

Or, they could just be discolored because they are.  Who knows?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Amy mentioned that with all the weddings cancelled in 2020, it may be hard to find a place for 2021 because everyone moved their weddings.  

For Pete's sake . . . they could get married very quietly but nicely and have a delayed wedding reception/prom whenever they want.  Or, they could have the wedding and reception at their own house.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.  

• Love 8
On 5/14/2020 at 1:46 AM, Irate Panda said:

I’m not sure why she was so confused about the types of ingredients and their measurements since she literally had the recipe in front of her and was reading it. I’m not a baker, but usually baking seems more exact than what she was doing.  She seemed all over the place with these measurements.  Let’s add a tablespoon of cream, but then continues to add half a pint because she couldn’t get the mixer through the rock hard butter frosting or was it because she was adding 2 or 4 cups of powdered sugar, but then stated she didn’t make enough frosting anyway🤣.   I guess now it’s cookie time!  Another great photo op.  I, generally, don’t mind Amy (well not too much), but these selfies kill me every time.

Those cookies look horrible. And since she insists on plastering her big old mug in every single picture, so does she. For the love of god, wash your hair! Or at least brush it. She's never going to marry Chris, but if some miracle of miracle happens (TLC pays and gives them the honeymoon), I doubt she'll be taking his name. She's working too hard to make AmyROLOFFSlittlekitchen a thing. Maybe that's why Chris looks so less than thrilled in every pic. He knows it's going to be tagged with the Roloff last name. That's what every boyfriend/fiancé loves to be associated with, the ex husband's last name. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

For Pete's sake . . . they could get married very quietly but nicely and have a delayed wedding reception/prom whenever they want.  Or, they could have the wedding and reception at their own house.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.  

Big surprise now Amy's saying that the wedding might not happen in 2021 because all the spots are taken... what a joke!

"Amy mentioned that with all the weddings cancelled in 2020, it may be hard to find a place for 2021 because everyone moved their weddings."

Give me a break!  More like Chris's tortured proposal was for TV and he never intended to marry her.

As usual her friend Lisa can't wait to jump in and take shots at Matt and Caryn, she needs to attend to herself and get rid of her ridiculous hair, she looks like a fool.

"Lisa suggested you read Amy's book to find out the deal with Caryn and Matt.  Amy then indicated that sometimes things are said or written because that is how you feel at the time."

So Amy now regrets the things she said in her book, I think her story about an affair was BS and Amy was just being her usual shitty self and making stuff up.

"Lisa, the buddy raved about how Amy took charge when Tori went into labor and made sure Caryn and Matt understood everything when they came to pickup Jackson."

Talk about ridiculous, Amy didn't have anything ready for little Jackson and it was Caryn WHO TOOK CONTROL and gathered the things he would need, Amy stood there like a moron and didn't have a clue what was packed or needed.  🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

"Lisa, the buddy raved about how Amy took charge when Tori went into labor and made sure Caryn and Matt understood everything when they came to pickup Jackson."

Talk about ridiculous, Amy didn't have anything ready for little Jackson and it was Caryn WHO TOOK CONTROL and gathered the things he would need, Amy stood there like a moron and didn't have a clue what was packed or needed.  🙄

Exactly. Caryn asked if everything was packed and Amy said she guessed Tori had it all packed. Good thing Zack showed up and said no it wasn't all packed and he got the rest of the stuff with Caryn. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

A visit to the periodontist, a professional tooth whitening and a little bit of botox would  help Amy look less harsh. 
i don’t know what the shelter in place stTus is in their neck of the woods, but Smy should be scheduling her appointments sooner rather than later. 
A little botox goes a long way - at least for me!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/15/2020 at 2:08 PM, Teri313 said:

Okay, I'll say it. If the Roloffs had never had a TV show and were just regular struggling divorced people, Chris and Amy would never have even gone on a first date, much less gotten engaged. He is dazzled by the show and the farm. JMO. I also wonder if there was any strategy behind waiting until she bought the new house (or was under contract anyway) before proposing to her. Will he live there as her husband for nothing? I actually kind of like Chris, but I don't necessarily trust that he's completely sincere. Although he did get choked up for the proposal, so who knows...maybe that's what 50-something life-long bachelors do when they finally take the plunge 

It seems to me Chris probably had many opportunities to get married if he had wanted to back in his 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s. Waiting until into his 50’s and while on a reality tv show to get engaged smacks of opportunism. He strikes me as an easygoing guy who happened into an unusual situation and decided to take advantage of it. He seems to like Amy well enough, and if being engaged is the price he needs to pay for a tv paycheck, he’ll do it. I suspect, though, that Amy has some misgivings and thus neither is in any hurry to tie the knot. I just don’t see this working out long term. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

This is how bored I am during quarantine, only so much walking and cleaning you can do, so I watched a few of Amy's cooking videos.  The videos that must be older and based on her cook book from 2012 are much more professional than the most recent bunch.  A few things from the recent group.  She referred to a springform pan as a springfoam pan, she stated that she thinks the fronds on the fennel are called frontelli, she could not pronounce  parmesan or cannellini. So okay, but If you want to try and get a cooking show or have people regard you as a "home chef"  make sure you can pronounce the ingredients etc. before putting out a video.    

Most of you probably know this, but Lisa is co-owner of Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen.

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2020 at 7:31 PM, Teri313 said:

An easy way to remember is: use "I" at the beginning of the sentence and "me" at the end of the sentence and always put the other person first. OR, as AZChristian points out, just take the other person out of the sentence.

Thank you for this - I will actually use this trick - I've never heard it before. Even though I had an excellent education and have always been an avid reader, some of the little details of grammar  sometimes escape me.  I'm not sure why.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Thank you for this - I will actually use this trick - I've never heard it before. Even though I had an excellent education and have always been an avid reader, some of the little details of grammar  sometimes escape me.  I'm not sure why.  

Grammar came naturally to  me; however, let's not talk about my (lack of) math understanding.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Same here, I've dropped some words from my posting vocabulary because I don't want to be pulled over by the grammar police 🚨 👮 and given a ticket! 😂

A friend of mine has dyslexia and grammar is a challenge for her, her brain simply can't grasp and retain a lot of the rules and she finds it all so confusing, she nearly stopped posting because it was so intimidating.

I was chatting with an online friend who's always confused by "then" and "than"....  She said that even though she knows one is used to express a sense of time and the other is used to form comparisons it simply doesn't stick in her brain and she's always unsure if she's got it right.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Same here, I've dropped some words from my posting vocabulary because I don't want to be pulled over by the grammar police 🚨 👮 and given a ticket! 😂

I try not to be the "grammar police" when I'm interacting with other posters.  Goodness knows, I've made the occasional mistake or typo (hard to believe, right?).  And I was in my 30s when someone asked me, "Do you realize that you split infinitives all the time?"  (I had to look it up, and I try not to do that after being corrected.)

But someone who makes money as a professional communicator, but can't understand or doesn't respect basic English rules deserves to be called out, IMO.  Amy was a pre-school teacher, for goodness sake.  I wonder how many people in Oregon still use "thank you for your kindness to my family and I" because that's how "Miss Amy" talks.  I once had a junior high science teacher who referred to the "pitituary" gland . . . so most of us who were in his class called it that until we heard it correctly pronounced as "pituitary."

Grammar matters.  Pronunciation matters.  Especially for communicators and teachers.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

A friend of mine has dyslexia and grammar is a challenge for her, her brain simply can't grasp and retain a lot of the rules and she finds it all so confusing, she nearly stopped posting because it was so intimidating.

I was chatting with an online friend who's always confused by "then" and "than"....  She said that even though she knows one is used to express a sense of time and the other is used to form comparisons it simply doesn't stick in her brain and she's always unsure if she's got it right.

I'm a technical editor - and a little OCD (although Mr. Teri313 would probably omit "little" from that admission), so it's kind of built into me. But like AZC, I never correct or criticize other posters. And honestly, the vast majority of posters here have a really good command of the English language and grammar. No, I'm here for the reality TV people. I just wish they'd listen to me! lol 

• Love 7

I haven't noticed any "grammar police" on this site, at least not the forums that I visit but the FORT site was so bad a few years back that people complained to the Mods and started leaving the site because it was out of control.

There were two people who couldn't let anything go no matter how obscure or unimportant, we called them Frick and Frack... one was obsessed with grammar and the other was a spelling Nazi... No mistake was too small or insignificant, every single word was dissected.

It finally came to a head....they were warned but continued to harrass other posters and the final straw was when they corrected the Mod and went into great detail explaining "the 8 levels of adjective placement".... that term stuck with me because I'd never heard of such a thing and the Mods reaction was priceless as she explained "the 3 levels of warning and banning obnoxious members.... Buh bye!  😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

the 8 levels of adjective placement"....

Is that something like (eHarmony's) Neil Clark Warren's "20 (?) levels of compatibility" ? 

I think I'm guilty of multiple plurals in my previous sentence. Lol! 

I don't care about my typos when posting on this forum, however, if I was posting videos and Instagram messages, I would damn well proofread my posts. 

Amy doesn't seem to care or she thinks she doesn't make mistakes. 

I would not do business with someone who has spelling/grammar errors in their ads/Instagram posts etc. It's very unprofessional and sloppy. Especially from a "teacher" (Amy) 

• Love 6