Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C11808E4-1CC8-43AF-A245-995F57E22F43.jpeg

ADB64931-6B98-4B35-9BF2-4D450C9E4DED.jpeg

Yeah, a broken hair dryer is the reason her hair looks like crap. What's the excuse for the days up until today? A hair dryer ordered off of Amazon today would be to her by Monday. Or as mentioned above, pick one up at Walmart's curbside pick up today or tomorrow. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I'm so sorry that her hair DYER died. 🙄

Jeeez!! BACK UP! 

What is it with her?...why does she post such unflattering pics of herself?

No one looks good with the camera that close and if you're over 50 it's even worse.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Sorry double post pic and can't remove it... Grrrr
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

243B3058-7630-46E2-816B-F0D89A017D12.jpeg

I still can't believe she chose a home in suburbia with the neighbors overlooking her home.  Once you live in the country it's hard to adjust to that different lifestyle.

Chris seemed to like the farm too so if he's going to marry her why not maybe an acre of two?

They will have no newlywed privacy at all in that fish bowl.

Does Amy make bad choices or is Chris really not going to join her in this neighborhood?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

God, these awful close-up selfies.

I know her arms are short. So maybe taking a selfie is harder. it would be silly to carry around a selfie stick all the time. I get it. But there must be some kind of compromise or something. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, seasons said:

God, these awful close-up selfies.

I know her arms are short. So maybe taking a selfie is harder. it would be silly to carry around a selfie stick all the time. I get it. But there must be some kind of compromise or something. 

I don't think her arms are the problem because she also posts selfies that are close but not that damn close...... I just don't think she understands that she looks so much better when she holds the cam back a little.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I still can't believe she chose a home in suburbia with the neighbors overlooking her home.  Once you live in the country it's hard to adjust to that different lifestyle.

Chris seemed to like the farm too so if he's going to marry her why not maybe an acre of two?

They will have no newlywed privacy at all in that fish bowl.

Does Amy make bad choices or is Chris really not going to join her in this neighborhood?

She didn't know Chris would be proposing when she bought the house.

8 hours ago, seasons said:

I propose quit taking so danged many selfies.  Take the photo of whatever it is and stay out of the frame!  The food would be more appealing without her in the photo anyway.  

• Love 14
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

If it weren’t Amy I’d think she’s trolling us with these pictures...extreme closeups with her barely in the frame.  Chris always seems fairly put together in these shots, while Amy looks a bit rumpled.  I can say she usually looks pretty happy in these photos and I guess that’s what’s really important. With that said, I find it odd because I’d imagine she’s using these pictures to build her brand, so I don’t know why she doesn’t learn more about photo composition.

• Love 3

So is Chris living with her?  Seems a few posts back she was talking about when he comes over now he's there all the time!

If he's there they must have had some kind of an idea of a future together in spite of corona.  Most three year couples have some kind of a plan!

So again I wonder why a celebrity on a reality show would love in a fish bowl in suburbia!

I don't think Amy makes very good choices.

I have thought for a while that Zack and Tori having dwarf children will someday take over the show.  With that they too are reality show stars.  Will they visit mom in her fishbowl?

Neighbors can be very nice but sometimes not so nice.  Snapping pictures at inappropriate moments.  Oh my.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

So is Chris living with her?  Seems a few posts back she was talking about when he comes over now he's there all the time!

If he's there they must have had some kind of an idea of a future together in spite of corona.  Most three year couples have some kind of a plan!

So again I wonder why a celebrity on a reality show would love in a fish bowl in suburbia!

I don't think Amy makes very good choices.

I have thought for a while that Zack and Tori having dwarf children will someday take over the show.  With that they too are reality show stars.  Will they visit mom in her fishbowl?

Neighbors can be very nice but sometimes not so nice.  Snapping pictures at inappropriate moments.  Oh my.

Apparently that house was on the market forever without any buyers until Amy showed up with cash in hand.... I wonder why no one else wanted it?

It has very basic finishing, all the trim, baseboards etc are the typical bare bones basic and the same thing with the cabinets, vanities, sinks, countertops, flooring, railings and everything else including the exterior siding, garage doors, roofing... All very cheap looking basic contractor finishing.... Her friend Deb has a much nicer home with high end finishes.

Amy was smart to get rid of the cheap stainless steel kitchen sink and the horrendous tile countertops and even though her cabinets are cheap they look much better painted white.

Chris said she'll be there for 10 years, so is Amy is going to move again in her 60's?

I didn't realize that she had neighbors with windows looking down into her yard like that.. I guess Chris was right about the view, no privacy.

Chris has a place, why not move in with him and then buy something together?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Didn’t Chris keep mentioning the new house as an investment for Amy?  Maybe she just plans on leaving there a while and getting something later.  I read it’s only 15 minutes from the farm so maybe that was a deciding factor too.  I don’t think the house is overly extravagant for Amy, so maybe they think it will be a good ROI and it’s a place she doesn’t mind living in for now.  The only thing I think might be difficult is if she tries to film at her house repeatedly.  I would think her neighbors might not care for the production trucks.

As far as the farm, is Amy selling her piece of the farm business or is the plan just for her to possibly sell her interest in the big house?  I know she already sold her part of the DW side.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris has a place, why not move in with him and then buy something together?

Chris may have a small apartment, not a house.  He's a bachelor, so maybe he didn't want the upkeep of a house and garden.  

I was surprised that Amy wanted to buy a two-story house, since she's used to a one story and much easier to get around for a dwarf.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Chris may have a small apartment, not a house.  He's a bachelor, so maybe he didn't want the upkeep of a house and garden.  

I was surprised that Amy wanted to buy a two-story house, since she's used to a one story and much easier to get around for a dwarf.

They've referred to his "house" a few times and Chris even said to Amy that she could come live at his house.

I think its more about her religious convictions than the size of his house... She told her girl friends that she doesn't believe in living together before marriage.... but since Chris is staying overnight at her place and they've obviously had sex, I'm not sure what the problem is.... Maybe just that living together is a bit too public and against her religious beliefs.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

????

The farmhouse is two stories with a basement.

• Love 3

"The farmhouse is two stories with a basement."  

It is?  I thought it was a large one-story house.  I would think all those stairs would have been difficult for both her and Matt.  Same with Tory and Zach and all their stairs.

5 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

"The farmhouse is two stories with a basement."  

It is?  I thought it was a large one-story house.  I would think all those stairs would have been difficult for both her and Matt.  Same with Tory and Zach and all their stairs.

Here's a picture of the outside of the farmhouse.  I recall seeing a pretty large staircase in some of the episodes as well.Capture.JPG.51295996a607074d97fcee4ecfeeecc1.JPG

16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Here's a picture of the outside of the farmhouse.  I recall seeing a pretty large staircase in some of the episodes as well.Capture.JPG.51295996a607074d97fcee4ecfeeecc1.JPG

It's definitely 2 stories and basement...

Technically it might be 3 stories because in one episode a long time ago they showed a little set of stairs going up from the 2nd floor, it was just a quick glance so it was hard to see where it went...The only thing I can think of is it might be how they access the little turret room with all the windows.

• Love 1

Shows how much I pay attention. 😏 Doesn't seem like the right kind of house for people with very short legs and hip problems.  I suppose when they moved there, they were more agile.

• Love 2

The farmhouse doesn't seem nearly as bad as Zach & Tori's house of stairs. They're also in a residential neighborhood with limited privacy, & I wondered about that for them filming as well.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Shows how much I pay attention. 😏 Doesn't seem like the right kind of house for people with very short legs and hip problems.  I suppose when they moved there, they were more agile.

you need to tell Zack and Tori... their house has 5 levels and stairs everywhere even though they're currently a family with 3 little people and they plan on having more children that could also be little people

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I recall seeing a pretty large staircase in some of the episodes as well.Capture.JPG.51295996a607074d97fcee4ecfeeecc1.JPG

yes that's right and there's a landing at top of stairs that's quite large and overlooks the familyroom area below, it's really quite nice

Amy did a lot of her facebook videos with the stairs and landing in the background.

house.jpg

rsz_screenshot_1167.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

The house has grown and grown since they moved in.  Three of the four people living in the upstairs were average height.  The master bedroom is on the main floor.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s a clip from the early days:

And . . . an early look at the pigsty in their house and in Amy's car.  I would NEVER let a TV show be filmed in my house if it looked like that.  And it can't all be blamed on the kids.  That cup in the car was dirty when Amy got into the driver's seat.  And the kitchen had crap all over the floor.

Sorry . . . no excuse.

I remember many years ago when one of the local Baltimore TV stations was interviewing neighbors after some type of police incident on their street.  Granted, these folks didn't know there was going to be an incident, so they couldn't be expected to dress up for the cameras.  BUT more than one of the women had her hair in curlers - in the middle of the afternoon - while being interviewed.  I looked at them and wondered, "What are you doing later today that will require you to look any nicer than being on TV?"  Either take the curlers out before the news vans gets there, or stay inside, or understand that people are going to think you don't give a flying fig about how you present yourself to the public.

If I'm Amy and my house and car look like that, I'm not letting in TV cameras until I've tidied up.  Especially if I want to present myself as a wonderful wife and mother.  Gee, I might even put sheets on my kids' beds AND not be surprised that their lunches need to be put together before the leave for school.

I can already hear those of you who will say, "But where was MATT?"  Amy said that she has to get up and get the kids off, even if she had to work the day before.  My husband used to travel for business (as I believe Matt used to do).  The kids need a routine.  Whichever parent is NOT traveling should have primary responsibility for maintaining the routine.  Hopefully, without televised dirty digs from the other parent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And . . . an early look at the pigsty in their house and in Amy's car.  I would NEVER let a TV show be filmed in my house if it looked like that.  And it can't all be blamed on the kids.  That cup in the car was dirty when Amy got into the driver's seat.  And the kitchen had crap all over the floor.

Sorry . . . no excuse.

I remember many years ago when one of the local Baltimore TV stations was interviewing neighbors after some type of police incident on their street.  Granted, these folks didn't know there was going to be an incident, so they couldn't be expected to dress up for the cameras.  BUT more than one of the women had her hair in curlers - in the middle of the afternoon - while being interviewed.  I looked at them and wondered, "What are you doing later today that will require you to look any nicer than being on TV?"  Either take the curlers out before the news vans gets there, or stay inside, or understand that people are going to think you don't give a flying fig about how you present yourself to the public.

If I'm Amy and my house and car look like that, I'm not letting in TV cameras until I've tidied up.  Especially if I want to present myself as a wonderful wife and mother.  Gee, I might even put sheets on my kids' beds AND not be surprised that their lunches need to be put together before the leave for school.

I can already hear those of you who will say, "But where was MATT?"  Amy said that she has to get up and get the kids off, even if she had to work the day before.  My husband used to travel for business (as I believe Matt used to do).  The kids need a routine.  Whichever parent is NOT traveling should have primary responsibility for maintaining the routine.  Hopefully, without televised dirty digs from the other parent.

They lived in a pig sty, and that is on Amy.  She was a slob back then and she’s still a slob. And, she still really needs to take a shower.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I think Matt didn't get up because he could not face the terrible mess and disorganization that is Amy!

Lordy, lordy how could anybody live in that hovel!

Matt tried to change things many times but was always met by Amy's wrath about doing things HER way!  Remember when he wanted to get some cleaning people in?

Anybody happen to have that episode?

• Love 9

I wonder if Chris has seen the early shows?  Wonder what he thinks of the disgusting mess that was their home?   No sheets on the bed, draws open, crap piled everywhere looks like a hoarders home.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

The look on Chris' face says it all.

"Oh, God.  Another selfie."

Ain't that the truth... He looks like a dead man walking

And what's with the "hope y'all had a FAIRLY good sunday"?

I know we're in trying times but talk about a Debbie Downer... No wonder Chris looks like that.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 4/14/2020 at 2:51 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

I just don't see Chris, a bachelor until well over 50, I'd say successful real estate agent, nice looking, found everything he's always wanted in Amy Roloff. I.Just.Don't.See.It. 

I try not to be judge-y either but it's an interesting matchup, that's for sure.  

They always say there's someone for everyone!  And here I am sitting single at 36 years old... lol 

On 4/15/2020 at 6:10 PM, seasons said:

"Sugar is one of the best ways to show mom she's appreciated" ?

Really?

not buying what she's selling

maybe if your mom likes sugar.  I will probably end up getting my mom beer lol 

On 4/26/2020 at 5:46 PM, Joan of Argh said:

It's definitely 2 stories and basement...

Technically it might be 3 stories because in one episode a long time ago they showed a little set of stairs going up from the 2nd floor, it was just a quick glance so it was hard to see where it went...The only thing I can think of is it might be how they access the little turret room with all the windows.

During the inspection episode this season I think they showed the 3rd floor.  did it have a pool table or something in it? I feel like they said it's not used very much anymore as it was where the kids and all their friends would hang out. 

• Love 1

I'm wondering if Chris is finally ok with marrying now because Amy has older kids and doesn't want anymore.  I'm sure in his past relationships he was probably getting pressured to make some babies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Regarding the "big house" on the farm, I'm sure it's 2 story's with a basement. Many years ago when Matt was still home there was an episode where he was gonna hire her some help to clean up and organize. They went to the basement so they could do shelving and boxes, she wasn't a fan, actually I don't think she accepted the help at all. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

Regarding the "big house" on the farm, I'm sure it's 2 story's with a basement. Many years ago when Matt was still home there was an episode where he was gonna hire her some help to clean up and organize. They went to the basement so they could do shelving and boxes, she wasn't a fan, actually I don't think she accepted the help at all. 

Also known as "pitched a royal fit."

ETA:  My big problem with the house being such a mess is this.  Matt was on crutches when they got married.  Crutches require extra width in walkways, with no stuff around that might catch a crutch tip or trip the user.  When you marry a person with a handicap, surely it's understood that there is an obligation NOT to create literal roadblocks to their ability to move freely around their own home.

They had twins first.  If they couldn't handle maintaining a tidy, crutch-friendly home with just two kids, why did they have two more?

Parents need to teach kids how to clean up after themselves, but the best way to do that is to lead by example.  I've seen Amy's kitchen and the hoard she had in her basement.  

And my last gripe of the day (based on that video in this thread).  WHO goes into their kids' bedrooms ringing a damned big bell to wake them up?  If it were me, she'd have been spitting pieces of that bell out of her mouth.

Here's what we did.  Each school-aged kid had an alarm clock radio in their room.  They were told what time to set it for, and they knew what time they had to be outside, waiting for the school bus.  We told them that if they overslept and missed the bus, we would take them to school that day, but that they would have to forfeit their entire allowance that week.  

One kid missed the bus one time.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I'm wondering if Chris is finally ok with marrying now because Amy has older kids and doesn't want anymore.  I'm sure in his past relationships he was probably getting pressured to make some babies.

I could see that being a part of it.  For all the pressure childfree women get, childfree men get pressured in a different way. As a woman we do control the show aka the uterus, and eventually our reproductive life ends, men aren’t in that position. 

Also I think people tend to want different things out of a second marriage in their middle years- their emotional needs are different and they are established financially. 

• Love 1

I watched one of the special episodes on Xfinity demand and Matt was complaining way back when the kids were young teens about the house being a mess.  Amy was highly irritated and angry at him mentioning it.  They both have way too much stuff, the difference is Matt gets one of his employees to stack/organize his stuff.  They seem to have enough money and staff, I don’t understand why they can’t keep the place more orderly.  I wonder if Amy was this way before she got married?  I feel like Matt has probably always been this way because it seems like he like to collect a bunch of junk. I don’t know why Amy wouldn’t just ask some of the staff to help if she couldn’t do it on her own.

Edited by Irate Panda

I think  both Amy and Matt are financially set.   I am sure she got a nice buy out.  I also think they had enough money at the time to hire a cleaning service if Amy was so busy doing her job as a mother and taking care of her children.  Matt could barely move around, so if he couldn't or didn't want to "clean" and Amy was overwhelmed then hire a service. 

Also, if Amy is so upset about leaving the farm, why didn't she buy out Matt?  He made it seem like he might have to sell the farm.  Honestly think he would rather be in Arizona.  Amy needs to stop playing the victim about the farm.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Also, if Amy is so upset about leaving the farm, why didn't she buy out Matt?  He made it seem like he might have to sell the farm.  Honestly think he would rather be in Arizona.  Amy needs to stop playing the victim about the farm.

Exactly, no one held a gun to her head.

Amy seems like she would have preferred to stay but she didn't have the gumption to jump through the hoops and do all the work required to build her dream home and Chris might be a very nice guy but he's not the type to do it for her, I think she misses that part of Matt.

I'd bet a million dollars if Chris had offered to take the bull by the horns and build their dream home she would have stayed but for some reason Chris didn't seem interested in doing it for her... He didn't even invest in the new home and he mentioned more than once that he likes that Amy has her own money and could buy her house herself... and he'll live there. 🙄

Just wait until Matt builds Caryn a mansion on the farm..... Amy will be pea green with envy as she sits in her cracker box with her boyfriend and his motorcycle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I think  both Amy and Matt are financially set.   I am sure she got a nice buy out.  I also think they had enough money at the time to hire a cleaning service if Amy was so busy doing her job as a mother and taking care of her children.  Matt could barely move around, so if he couldn't or didn't want to "clean" and Amy was overwhelmed then hire a service. 

I think she wanted the farm but none of the responsibility of the upkeep. I swear it took her 2 seasons just to decide if she wanted to buy it out or not. I mean, the same shit that was broken when Matt lived in the house is still broken now. There was no reason she couldn't have gotten the repairs done other than laziness. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I think she wanted the farm but none of the responsibility of the upkeep. I swear it took her 2 seasons just to decide if she wanted to buy it out or not. I mean, the same shit that was broken when Matt lived in the house is still broken now. There was no reason she couldn't have gotten the repairs done other than laziness. 

That's it in a nutshell, remember when Zack said that if his mom took over the farm it would fall apart and rot because his mom isn't good at that and that his dad is better suited to it and looks after everything and even Amy admitted that Matt did a good job of looking after the farm and buildings.

I think Amy was hoping if she gave Chris enough time he would offer to take the lead and join her in purchasing one side and they could build a home together but after 3 yrs of nothing she had to face reality,  as we've seen Chris doesn't even want to involve himself in the purchase of her little house off the farm, maybe he doesn't have any money, he might be a bachelor with a motorcycle who likes to play poker with his buddies and ride around on his bike.

• Love 6
On 4/27/2020 at 11:51 AM, AZChristian said:

The look on Chris' face says it all.

"Oh, God.  Another selfie."

Interesting enough I was googling Chris the other night and it said he used to be a photographer!  Imagine that.

Perhaps that is why he hates these horrible selfies.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1