Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

On 3/31/2020 at 2:14 PM, Joan of Argh said:

This is from the video Jer posted showing his mom's new kitchen with the lowered island.

Looks like she had all the cabinets painted white and new light colored granite countertops.

Crappy photos and I thought he was/is a photographer?

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, endure said:

Crappy photos and I thought he was/is a photographer?

Well to be fair.... it was a video Jer posted and I grabbed screenshots from it 

9 hours ago, endure said:

Does Amy still own half of the property that the double wide is on?

No the double wide side of the farm is 100% Matt's now.

Amy still owns half of the side with the big house she lived in.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Anyone else sick & tired of the "we're in this together" crap posts from all these reality teevee people etc... I wish they'd all STFU.

This!  Yes I'm so over all the bleeding heart celebrities, even the bottom of the barrel reality TV stars blah, blah, blah... In every single post...... Please stop pontificating, just shut up and stay in your house. 🙄

I like her cheese board, she should have focused on that instead of another essay on the covid situation. 👍

Ok and I have to ask are Chris and Amy living together at her house or does he "visit" and have overnights?....  Which leads to another question... Amy comes off as being very religious, always quoting scriptures in her posts etc. but they sleep together and they're not married?

I'm just wondering because I have friend who is just like Amy with the scriptures etc. but she wouldn't have sex until after marriage.... It was also her second marriage so she wasn't a virgin or anything 😂 but her religious beliefs made her hold off on the sex?

I wonder if Chris is religious like Amy, I don't recall him quoting scriptures or anything.

I don't know if this is typical or not in this day and age because I don't have a lot of religious friends.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, seasons said:

So she is going to do some sort of foot washing thing? 🤔

I honestly hate to come to any of their defense (because I don't think anyone in the family warrants it most of the time), but a lot of Christian faiths that observe Holy Thursday and normally have/attend a service for Holy Thursday are doing something in substitute for the normal "foot-washing" portion of the service which is typically there more to help illustrate what the day was about than anything else. My dad is a priest in a Christian religion and had asked his congregation to prepare some bowls and towels at home if they wanted to participate in that part of the service while he was livestreaming it.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that this is one of the less weird things I see on her Instagram lol

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I've never seen Amy attend church, talk about church or take a photo of the kids by church. 

I guess that's why, to me, her presentation was a bit out of the ordinary.

Amy does it a lot, she constantly quotes scriptures or makes reference to God or Jesus etc....

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I've never seen Amy attend church, talk about church or take a photo of the kids by church. 

I guess that's why, to me, her presentation was a bit out of the ordinary.

I've never seen Jer and Auj anywhere near a church, but they're constantly talking about their own holiness and also seem to document every waking moment of their lives... 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I've never seen Jer and Auj anywhere near a church, but they're constantly talking about their own holiness and also seem to document every waking moment of their lives... 

Exactly they're the same as Amy, you'd think they lived at church with all the bible references etc... They remind me of the Duggars..... It sort of surprised me when Amy went out drinking and dancing with her Gf's because their conversation was very racy and a bit vulgar considering how churchy she is.

Zack and Tori do it too but not quite as much.

The other large  LP family on TV  "The 7 Little Johnstons" also refer to scripture and Bible a lot....and come to think of it the 2 Reality families with quintuplets do it too, always praying, quoting the bible etc. 🤔 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Are these her fudge recipes or does she just buy it and they slap her label on it?

Pretty sure these are not her recipes.  I know at one point her baker/vendor was closed down for health department violations.  

For the record - those four pieces of fudge in the picture will cost you $29.95.  Yes - $29.95 for one pound of fudge.

I believe this fudge is her invention just as much as I believe she grew the coffee beans for the coffee she sells, and sews the t-shirts, aprons, and tote bags she sells.

I have nothing against free enterprise under normal circumstances, but referencing our current world situation for personal financial gain is tacky.  

JMO.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I believe this fudge is her invention just as much as I believe she grew the coffee beans for the coffee she sells, and sews the t-shirts, aprons, and tote bags she sells.

Yeah, I wondered if the fudge could be her recipe and a factory of some sort makes it for her, wouldn't expect her to be making it in her own kitchen. I agree that fudge is overpriced.   I guess the other stuff are her designs and made in China?  She had a farm she could have grown the coffee beans😂

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I have nothing against free enterprise under normal circumstances, but referencing our current world situation for personal financial gain is tacky.  

JMO.

This!.... I've seen a few reality people hitching their crap to the covid wagon... Disgusting.

Amy should know better, tacky is right. 👎

• Love 6

And yet Jer and Auj spent Easter at Auj’s parents house and are always out at the farm but Amy can’t see them during the pandemic.  Social distancing means only being around the people that live in your house. Easter isn’t an exception to that.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

And yet Jer and Auj spent Easter at Auj’s parents house and are always out at the farm but Amy can’t see them during the pandemic.

I would imagine walks on the farm are okay since it is just them in the fresh air and they are not interacting with anyone.  Matt is not there.  Going to Audrey's parents for Easter was just stupid.  They are in the group of people who just don't get it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I would imagine walks on the farm are okay since it is just them in the fresh air and they are not interacting with anyone.  Matt is not there.  Going to Audrey's parents for Easter was just stupid.  They are in the group of people who just don't get it.

Social distancing doesn't apply to them because they'll pray the COVID-19 away.

• LOL 5
On 4/5/2020 at 2:39 PM, Jeanne222 said:

It will be interesting to see how long Chris hunkers down with Amy during this Corona Virus.  I give him a month!  Go Chris.

Do they live together? I'm kind of interested in watching the episode where Chris proposes to Amy. I'm sure she'll say yes. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
On 4/11/2020 at 6:05 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Amy tries but she just never quite pulls it off in the 'nice' department!  

She tries but it's so fake!

It's the phonier than phony voice she's using. And no, it's not because she was so very unhappy with her horrible, horrible ex before anyone (not you) tries to tell me that is the reason. If that was the reason, why did we never hear this new voice when she was only around her kids, you know, her whole reason for living. And we don't hear it with the grandkids. Nope, we just hear it in her Instagram videos and when she's doing couch interviews with Chris. So yeah, phonier than phony. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Do they live together? I'm kind of interested in watching the episode where Chris proposes to Amy. I'm sure she'll say yes. 

Well going by the preview... She'll say yes if she can quit crying, gasping, squeeking, blinking and smiling like a Cheshire Cat long enough to spit it out.

On another note.... I've always found it a little creepy that Chris never married because he'd been cheated on in the past so he had serious trust issues and didn't want to be cheated on again....... So after all these years he's finally found what he was looking for, a partner that no one else would want.

Chris can sleep easy

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I've always found it a little creepy that Chris never married because he'd been cheated on in the past so he had serious trust issues and didn't want to be cheated on again....... So after all these years he's finally found what he was looking for, a partner that no one else would want

Wow! I did not know that! Probably because I don't watch this show on a regular basis.

There are many reasons for someone to never have married, but why does Chris feel so confident that Amy is "the one" who will never cheat on him? And why get married when you are in your 60's? Live together, have a good life together. I just don't get the "marriage'" part, but that's just me. 

I'm sure the "wedding" will be as spectacular (LOL) as Jeremy and Auj.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I just don't see Chris, a bachelor until well over 50, I'd say successful real estate agent, nice looking, found everything he's always wanted in Amy Roloff. I.Just.Don't.See.It. 

Exactly.... cranky, bitchy, sarcastic, negative, little person who's always the victim...... ya sure,,, Amy was the woman of his dreams  🙄

Chris cant say he wasn't warned about Debbie Downer

• Love 8

Maybe he thinks because Amy is an older divorced LP, she considers herself lucky to have him and would never have much opportunity to cheat?   Could be his own insecurities that made him choose Amy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Maybe he thinks because Amy is an older divorced LP, she considers herself lucky to have him and would never have much opportunity to cheat?   Could be his own insecurities that made him choose Amy.  

Exactly.... That's what I was thinking.

It's a big deal to Chris because his siblings and friends have all been divorced and he was cheated on in the past so he went with Amy, someone who wouldn't have any opportunities to cheat.

• Love 2

Everyone has an opportunity to cheat if they're looking for it. She found Chris so she could find someone else. Maybe Chris feels more secure around Amy because they both know how shitty it is to be cheated on & wouldn't do that to another human being.

• Love 11

I know Amy’s not everybody’s first choice, but she seems to do things Chris (and maybe she) enjoys: rafting, traveling, biking, etc..  He most likely enjoys perks of the show. He probably, rightfully or not, assumes there’s less of a chance she would cheat.  I can’t figure out all the logistics, but maybe her bed gymnastics are on fire 🔥 lol.  She seems pretty healthy for a little person, so she doesn’t seem as limited as say Matt in the things she can do. She has her own money, and I would guess more than he does, so financially she’s not reliant on him.  Lastly, with Matt still around, I don’t think she’s ever unleashed her full anger towards Chris.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly.... That's what I was thinking.

It's a big deal to Chris because his siblings and friends have all been divorced and he was cheated on in the past so he went with Amy, someone who wouldn't have any opportunities to cheat.

Why wouldn’t she have any opportunities to cheat? 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly.... cranky, bitchy, sarcastic, negative, little person who's always the victim...... ya sure,,, Amy was the woman of his dreams  🙄

Chris cant say he wasn't warned about Debbie Downer

But . . . being on the show gives him free advertising for his real estate work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But . . . being on the show gives him free advertising for his real estate work.

Really?  He seems like he was pretty successful before he ever met Amy and we didn't really know much about his occupation until after they'd been dating for awhile.  Seems like a long time to "hang in there" with someone as terrible as some people think Amy is just to bolster an already successful career.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

She has her own money, and I would guess more than he does, so financially she’s not reliant on him.

Can't pinpoint feeling but believe this was FIRST of Chris' criteria (mentioned in post) among all the others in proposing to Amy.

I have NEVER liked Amy...not from the first show up until this day.  I think she's mean and hateful.  I thought she was mean and hateful to Matt when the show first started.  It was so obvious to me that she had already fallen out of love with him before the filming even started. He couldn't please her no matter what he did.  That's a sure sign of love lost.

I could tolerate Matt back in the day, but he's a real pill now.  He is so overbearing and talks way too much smack.  He wanted to get upset with Amy because she didn't do cartwheels after seeing the fence.  Like she said, it's a fence.  If she didn't do cartwheels 10 years ago when I felt he was bending over backwards to please her, she's not going to do it now that when gloves are off.

I do not buy Chris' why-I've-never-married story.  He reminds me of the guy who took advantage of Paula Deen.  For her sake I hope he's the real deal.  As much as I dislike this woman, I do not want to see her taken advantage of or hurt.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

She seems pretty healthy for a little person, so she doesn’t seem as limited as say Matt in the things she can do.

I've started to notice that Amy seems blessed with her health unless she has medical issues she doesn't talk about. She moved that trunk with Chris. Every other little person I've seen on the reality shows has a least one problem, and they're younger than Amy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I've started to notice that Amy seems blessed with her health unless she has medical issues she doesn't talk about. She moved that trunk with Chris. Every other little person I've seen on the reality shows has a least one problem, and they're younger than Amy.

I've actually heard her mention on the show that she's fortunate not to have the health issues that many little people do.  It might have been when Matt had his back surgery shortly after they separated, but I might not be remembering that right.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1