Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

How come Chris didn’t go up to Michigan with her. They are newlyweds!

Perhaps because while they are routinely cited for being immature in wanting a big wedding at their advanced ages, they actually are fairly mature and don't need to be on top of each other for the first six months of marriage like two horny teens finally allowed to fuck?

Chris works while Amy's work is more on and off. Amy's dad might not want a whole lot of fuss that a couple brings. Maybe it was a trip on short notice and Chris had obligations in Portland he couldn't cancel. There's a whole plethora of reasons why they are doing this separately. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Perhaps because while they are routinely cited for being immature in wanting a big wedding at their advanced ages, they actually are fairly mature and don't need to be on top of each other for the first six months of marriage like two horny teens finally allowed to fuck?

Chris works while Amy's work is more on and off. Amy's dad might not want a whole lot of fuss that a couple brings. Maybe it was a trip on short notice and Chris had obligations in Portland he couldn't cancel. There's a whole plethora of reasons why they are doing this separately. 

Contract up! He's gone! LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
On 9/23/2021 at 6:45 PM, chenoa333 said:

True. But it didn't stop Amy from traveling locally (Oregon) with her bff's and MyMan motorcycle rides. Maskless in some of her IG posts with her buddies. 

As I recall, her mother worsened, and there was time for an emergency trip before she passed OR she could at least have gone at the time of death to comfort and aid her father and sister rather than delay that, but I remember that she was planning to be named Queen of the Prom with Chris as King (surprise?) dressed like Cindy Lauper at her middle-aged singles' group event.

Priorities!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

As I recall, her mother worsened, and there was time for an emergency trip before she passed OR she could at least have gone at the time of death to comfort and aid her father and sister rather than delay that, but I remember that she was planning to be named Queen of the Prom with Chris as King (surprise?) dressed like Cindy Lauper at her middle-aged singles' group event.

Actually you originally stated Amy hadn't visited her mother at all, see below:

He was 91? 92? last year, and her mother was dying, but she wasn't visiting him every five minutes then (or her mother at all before her death).  But YMMV.

But in fact she did visit her mom in June before she passed in Sept. Personally I found the silly party silly but I believe that was delayed due to her mom's death. Regardless, Amy did visit her mom before the woman passed. 

• Love 3

I meant immediately before her death. 

I don't consider a six-month gap when a parent is essentially dying "frequent" visiting, whereas Amy is visiting her father again after seeing him just a couple of weeks ago, which I find curious. 

But you do you, Amy!

• Love 4

June to September is not a six month gap. The visit in June was when her mom was hospitalized. Her mom went home from the hospital and then died Sept 24. I don't know where the six month gap comes into play.

And to go back to the original issue, perhaps she's choosing to spend more time with her ailing dad because she has regrets not visiting her mom more than 2 1/2 months prior to her death.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

I meant immediately before her death. 

I don't consider a six-month gap when a parent is essentially dying "frequent" visiting, whereas Amy is visiting her father again after seeing him just a couple of weeks ago, which I find curious. 

But you do you, Amy!

3 months

Edited by bobalina
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bobalina said:

3 months

I was thinking she visited every six months or so in the past...or was it even that frequently?  Maybe once a year was more like it.

I'm sure someone here knows precisely!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

So at 02:55, Amy says she has NOT babysat Jackson and Lilah.  No wonder Lilah cries when she sees her!

That was the funny part for sure…. Paid stooge Mae West sets up the topic as “Amy babysits just as much as Matt and Caryn but for some reason it isn’t shown on the show” …. Then Amy proceeds to blabber around in circles and blow her own cover. 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

I was thinking she visited every six months or so in the past...or was it even that frequently?  Maybe once a year was more like it.

I'm sure someone here knows precisely!

I'm relatively sure we don't see everything any reality star does. If Amy's parents or siblings didn't like being on the show she may have limited her on camera visits.

And how often does Mr. Perfect and Caryn see his parents?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

That was the funny part for sure…. Paid stooge Mae West sets up the topic as “Amy babysits just as much as Matt and Caryn but for some reason it isn’t shown on the show” …. Then Amy proceeds to blabber around in circles and blow her own cover. 😂

Amy didn't get the memo...or didn't bother to read it...

• LOL 5
On 9/24/2021 at 8:15 AM, ginger90 said:

Video: (a clip from a “live” they did)

I am cringing at myself for how long it took me to realize that these two were not (!) sitting beside each other in the same room. I can laugh at it now, ha.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I recall her saying, I don’t know why they don’t ask me, but they know I’m here.

Except when she's not there (out drinking with her BFFs, walking Felix half to death, visiting the farm yet again, on the road with Chris, or taking yet another trip to Michigan); when she IS there, she's shooting cooking vids or doing "lives."

Amy has always seemed to me awkward and uncomfortable in the grandma role.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

or taking yet another trip to Michigan

She went just recently this year. Before that she was visiting in July of 2020. Wasn't the original gripe about Amy going to Michigan was that *her dad* was just in Oregon?

Does one trip a year warrant "yet another trip?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Except when she's not there (out drinking with her BFFs, walking Felix half to death, visiting the farm yet again, on the road with Chris, or taking yet another trip to Michigan); when she IS there, she's shooting cooking vids or doing "lives."

I bet she spends time eating crackers, too! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

I get what you are saying here. While I think that Amy loves and adores the grandkids, is a great grandma MiMi and that the kids adore her in return, she always seems to me to change her demeanor onscreen when she is around them, at least in the first interactions with them each visit. Like when she is doing her cooking videos. She will be normal Amy right before she becomes "Amy's Little Kitchen" Amy and does her fake voice/actions. I think she is more natural around them when the cameras aren't there but when they are, the first interactions are awkward. For example, when she showed up to check on the kids when Zach kept them. She was normal talking with Chris, walking up to the door then when she walked into the door her personality changed. She became "MiMi", different voice, wide open actions, crouching down, overly exuberant. And the kids just ignored her as in they weren't used to her "act" and waited for her to become normal MiMi. And to clarify, yes there is normal "acting" like a grandma and "awkward" acting like a grandma. I think Amy does both, lol. 

It doesn't bother me in the least that Amy has her own life and fits the grandkids into her life.  As far as the crackers go, it goes both ways with her fans. Ohhhhhh! She eats crackers so great every single time. Or Eh, look at her, just eating those crackers. (I refuse to insert Like she owns the place, hahahaha. Tori has ruined that catch phrase, ha)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I don't get the sense that she "adores" them or that they "adore" her, but I guess that's something we're supposed to assume.

I don't think the kids are used to a "normal Mimi" (I agree she becomes forced and artificial around them); I just don't think they know her.  But I don't have a problem with it, either; to each his or her own!  Not everyone is into grandkids/babysitting, and that's okay.  "Little Kitchen" videos aside, baking cookies with the grands doesn't fit in with Amy's edgy party girl, biker chick #secondact.  But she must've been getting a lot of flack for it on SM if Lisa thought it was necessary to do damage control -- or attempt to.

As for Lisa, sometimes I think she hopes to make it big the way Oprah's BFF did.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Maybe she didn't like to be called 'Grandma' because it made her sound old.  I know lots of women nowadays feel that way and have come up with different names.  I'm still proud to be called 'Grandma'.

This and remember there are multiple sets of grandparents in play - it might be that the other grandparents have claimed Grandma.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Maybe she didn't like to be called 'Grandma' because it made her sound old.  I know lots of women nowadays feel that way and have come up with different names.  I'm still proud to be called 'Grandma'.

Pretty sure she even said something about not being able to believe she's going to be a "grandma."  I think the Mimi/Me-Me homonym was totally unconscious.

• LOL 3
23 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy's nipping on the punch and cooking all the food!

Have these ladies been watching her cooking videos?  Run, run fast?

and of course she has to have her big MUG in every picture (even with deviled eggs!)  lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2021 at 4:12 PM, ginger90 said:

Blurry screenshots from videos:

F45B5549-66B6-42F0-90CC-084D222C0CB3.jpeg

3764119B-0AC0-427B-B67D-64C53CA4C934.jpeg

0EFAF9C3-CB3E-4D8B-AF3F-AF11FA99563C.jpeg

EB12576C-393A-41A1-A84D-73F929F339DC.jpeg

Ok.  This confirms for me that Auj loves getting attention for hazardous activity.  So, a very pregnant lady climbs the ladder and balances on top of a chair……just lovely.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The pictures are blurry screenshots from videos, as I said in the post. 😁

Sorry didn’t see the original post saying that, but it’s an improvement over the regular pics because they’re less harsh 😂 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

It's a common name for Grandma. That's what they call the grandma on the Outdaughtered show. 

I thought that was already her nickname: Mimi for Michelle.  Danielle is Didi, Crystal is Kiki, and Ashley is Lili.  It's a family thing, apparently.  But maybe that's where Amy got the idea...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I thought that was already her nickname: Mimi for Michelle.  Danielle is Didi, Crystal is Kiki, and Ashley is Lili.  It's a family thing, apparently.  But maybe that's where Amy got the idea...

Maybe but several members of my church are "Mimi" to their grandkids. I'm more curious where "Chacha" came from, to be honest. 

• Love 3

I’m a “Mimi” because that’s what my grandson calls me. I was calling myself Grammy, but when he started to talk, he kept saying “mi “ or “Mimi” instead. He came up with it— although he also calls me Grandma now as well.

12 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Maybe but several members of my church are "Mimi" to their grandkids. I'm more curious where "Chacha" came from, to be honest. 

Because “Caca” doesn’t sound as nice? 😜

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I’m a “Mimi” because that’s what my grandson calls me. I was calling myself Grammy, but when he started to talk, he kept saying “mi “ or “Mimi” instead. He came up with it— although he also calls me Grandma now as well.

Caca suits her perfectly. Go with that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

But would be more accurate. 😂

• Love 4