Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

and me, Amy, and me.  The improper use of I has gotten even more out of hand and is grating on my nerves terribly.  This family is getting as boring and repetitive as the Duggars I fear.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

and me, Amy, and me.  The improper use of I has gotten even more out of hand and is grating on my nerves terribly.  This family is getting as boring and repetitive as the Duggars I fear.

Some people think it sounds more impressive.  They don't realize it makes them sound uneducated.

It's not that hard, Amy.  Take out the name of the other person.  "Join Chris.  Join me."  Therefore, it should be "Join Chris and me."

Now, it WOULD be "Chris and I are going to be on the premier."  Because "Chris will be on the premier.  I will be on the premier." 

Honestly, did these people EVER show up for an English 101 class?

ETA:  What breaks my heart is knowing she was a pre-school TEACHER for several years.  How many Oregonians are still speaking like Amy because they THINK their teacher should know better.

I was once the piano player for a children's choir at our church.  The lady teaching them the words to "The Light of the World is Jesus" was teaching them that the words were, "Oncet I was blind, but now I can see."  Couldn't stop myself.  I stopped playing, went up to her and whispered in her ear, "There is no "t" in "once."  She immediately corrected herself.  Thank goodness.  I wouldn't have wanted to kill someone in church.

Edited by AZChristian
Added thought.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Yes, yes, yes!  The improper use of pronouns has been driving me crazy.  I see and hear it every day.  And it's not just young people, but older people too.....people (like Amy) who should have learned proper grammar in school. 🙄

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Yes, yes, yes!  The improper use of pronouns has been driving me crazy.  I see and hear it every day.  And it's not just young people, but older people too.....people (like Amy) who should have learned proper grammar in school. 🙄

She's a COLLEGE GRADUATE.  Either they're not teaching proper grammar in college, or they're giving passing grades to people who don't deserve them.  Maybe if these idiots had to re-take English 101 they'd pay attention the second time.  Or their parents (who are probably paying tuition) would MAKE them pay attention.

• Love 6

That was a nice video and was cute he told her she said lemon.  It’s a shame she has to get up and down off step stools in order to cook.  I find the house is fine nothing in bad taste. Gray is everywhere in design as was broker beige for years and years.  It’s too bad she couldn’t have a place with sinks and counters like she had at the farm but I bet the  side piece has them ripped out by now. 

Moving being a little person probably takes twice as long as it does for a not height challenged individual. 
Chris seems like a nice normal guy who adores her and pitches in and helps unlike Matt who big deals everyone with his genius.  What ever happened to thinking he could/ should  run for office?  That’s just terrifying.

• Love 5

AMy is a friggin handful. What a nasty manipulative woman she has become. Chis needs to make a run for it and find a good sweet full sized woman. And when did Amy get so Fat? Now I am a fatass myself so I know how it goes, but she is HUGE!!! Those thighs are massive. Where does she get her clothes. All custom made I'm sure. Chris really is clueless and I give them 2 to 3 years before she drives him crazy like she did Matt and he hits the road. Matt and Chris can start their own show where they compare horror stories about Amy. Now that would be some great TV. Before Chris and Amy get divorced can they at least make a Sex tape so I can see how they do it. Im very curious. Easy BJs is a plus for Chris. amy is the perfect height for that at least.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Waldopepper said:

AMy is a friggin handful. What a nasty manipulative woman she has become. Chis needs to make a run for it and find a good sweet full sized woman. And when did Amy get so Fat? Now I am a fatass myself so I know how it goes, but she is HUGE!!! Those thighs are massive. Where does she get her clothes. All custom made I'm sure. Chris really is clueless and I give them 2 to 3 years before she drives him crazy like she did Matt and he hits the road. Matt and Chris can start their own show where they compare horror stories about Amy. Now that would be some great TV. Before Chris and Amy get divorced can they at least make a Sex tape so I can see how they do it. Im very curious. Easy BJs is a plus for Chris. amy is the perfect height for that at least.

Wow.

12 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

That was a nice video and was cute he told her she said lemon.  It’s a shame she has to get up and down off step stools in order to cook.  I find the house is fine nothing in bad taste. Gray is everywhere in design as was broker beige for years and years.  It’s too bad she couldn’t have a place with sinks and counters like she had at the farm but I bet the  side piece has them ripped out by now. 

Moving being a little person probably takes twice as long as it does for a not height challenged individual. 
Chris seems like a nice normal guy who adores her and pitches in and helps unlike Matt who big deals everyone with his genius.  What ever happened to thinking he could/ should  run for office?  That’s just terrifying.

I think Amy pointed out that he had DUIs and was a drug addict whose campaign wouldn't survive his opponents bringing his issue to light.  And, that's just the stuff we know about.

2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Wow.

I think Amy pointed out that he had DUIs and was a drug addict whose campaign wouldn't survive his opponents bringing his issues to light.  And, that's just the stuff we know about.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

I think Amy pointed out that he had DUIs and was a drug addict whose campaign wouldn't survive his opponents bringing his issue to light.  And, that's just the stuff we know about.

He was a drug addict?  Where's the proof from Amy?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

This family has been making grammatical errors since the show first began airing. Well, maybe not Molly, but I consider her to be an exception to the family norm. 
I once was on a visit to an elementary school (reviewing a teaching program). The teaching intern we were observing said the following to a class full of children during a spelling lesson:

”The word is catched. They catched the butterfly.” Needless to say, I almost fell out of my chair. 

• LOL 2
20 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

It’s a shame she has to get up and down off step stools in order to cook.  I find the house is fine nothing in bad taste. Gray is everywhere in design as was broker beige for years and years.  It’s too bad she couldn’t have a place with sinks and counters like she had at the farm

A couple months ago Jeremy took Ember over to visit Amy at the new house and he posted the video... ( I posted a few screenshots from it earlier in this thread)

In the video he points out that his mom had the center island in the kitchen lowered to her height but chose to leave the rest of the cabinets at standard height for taller folks.

It would certainly make it easier if she ever decides to sell.... All she has to do is raise the center island instead of all the cabinets like her old place.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

A couple months ago Jeremy took Ember over to visit Amy at the new house and he posted the video... ( I posted a few screenshots from it earlier in this thread)

In the video he points out that his mom had the center island in the kitchen lowered to her height but chose to leave the rest of the cabinets at standard height for taller folks.

It would certainly make it easier if she ever decides to sell.... All she has to do is raise the center island instead of all the cabinets like her old place.

That makes sense, an efficient bit relatively inexpensive remodel of the kitchen. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, readheaded said:

Why do you need proof from Amy when he says it himself?

https://radaronline.com/videos/matt-roloff-drug-addiction-cocaine-little-people-big-world/

I only asked this because your post said "Amy pointed out".  Honestly I did not know he had a drug problem, so I had no idea he spoke about how he was addicted in the 80's.  I guess it was before they were married.   I was just looking for information, was not trying to slander St .Amy of the Little Kitchen.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Thanks! Step exercise is good I suppose but trying  to make food would be frustrating 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Or, in Amy's case, "fustrating," lol.  

OMG, I almost wrote the same thing when the prior post came up.  But I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by trying to correct her pronunciation and/or grammar.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

OMG, I almost wrote the same thing when the prior post came up.  But I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by trying to correct her pronunciation and/or grammar.

The whole family's (with the exception of Molly, who's smart enough to stay out of the limelight so we have no way to know) grammar is somewhat horrid, lol.  

• Love 6
On 1/7/2020 at 3:33 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Jer and Ember visiting Amy at her new house.. grabbed some screenshots

rsz_screenshot_437.jpg

This is from the video Jer posted showing his mom's new kitchen with the lowered island.

Looks like she had all the cabinets painted white and new light colored granite countertops.

Edited by Joan of Argh
clarity
  • Love 2
On 3/29/2020 at 12:37 PM, Absolom said:

Thank you.  I always worry that when I use "...and me" correctly people will mutter under their breath "...and I" and think I'm the one that's the moron.  So many people get it wrong that when I see someone get it right my opinion of them goes way up.

Let's not even start on To,Too and Two, and There,Their and They're.  Eek!  When my phone auto-"corrects" to the wrong one, I fix it, and it drives my Daughter crazy.  🙂

• Love 3
On 3/30/2020 at 6:25 AM, Waldopepper said:

I have not watched this show in quite a while.  I remember when everyone was together and the kids were still at home,  Amy kept a dirty house. Matt had a professional organizer come in to help her. Her attitude was so hateful, I thought I get you don't want a stranger in your home, but it's beyond messy.  You could feel the hate she had for him back then.  Tonight I watched the show and she has emerged even uglier in her attitude. I don't care what kind of crap happened (the breakdown of their marriage, the girl friend and boyfriend situations), she needs to move on and drop the snide disposition.  It's not attractive.  As far as Chris, I think he's in for some regrets.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

In Peviews fo the new season they show Amy trying to move stuff out of her house and Chris says its been 5 months, its about time and Amy tells him to get lost. I would have told that Nasty Bitch that I am out of here. Good luck to you. What does he see in that nasty woman. Looks aside, just person to person, he seems like a vey giving generous responsible guy and she is nothing but a lazy nasty piece of work. He keeps himself in good shape and she just gets shorter and fatter. That cant be healthy putting on 50 pounds when your 2 feet tall. Surely she cant have any satisfying sex. Come on Chris. You can do WAYYYYYYY better.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Waldopepper said:

In Peviews fo the new season they show Amy trying to move stuff out of her house and Chris says its been 5 months, its about time and Amy tells him to get lost. I would have told that Nasty Bitch that I am out of here. Good luck to you. What does he see in that nasty woman. Looks aside, just person to person, he seems like a vey giving generous responsible guy and she is nothing but a lazy nasty piece of work. He keeps himself in good shape and she just gets shorter and fatter. That cant be healthy putting on 50 pounds when your 2 feet tall. Surely she cant have any satisfying sex. Come on Chris. You can do WAYYYYYYY better.

She's really packed on the lbs but besides not looking good it's also very unhealthy and risky for little people to get fat and they're usually very careful about their weight...Amy needs to lay off the desserts and get some exercise or Chris might wind up looking after a bitchy invalid.

He's still got plenty of time to change his mind since they've postponed the wedding until 2021.

Even if they get married I think they could easily piss off Jer and Auj by "NOT beating 50%"

Chris has a switch and we've seen Amy flip his switch a couple times... Not a pretty sight, he gets angry.... Right now they're in the honeymoon phase...Wait until Chris gets a couple years of her nonstop bitching and nagging under his belt.... He might take the first exit he can find. 😲

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Honey said:

Thank you.  I always worry that when I use "...and me" correctly people will mutter under their breath "...and I" and think I'm the one that's the moron.  So many people get it wrong that when I see someone get it right my opinion of them goes way up.

Let's not even start on To,Too and Two, and There,Their and They're.  Eek!  When my phone auto-"corrects" to the wrong one, I fix it, and it drives my Daughter crazy.  🙂

The thing about using I and me is that there's a fairly easy rule to help to know which one.  Just take the other person/people out of the sentence and you'll know whether to use me or I.  

• Love 3
On 3/31/2020 at 9:23 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Even if they get married I think they could easily piss off Jer and Auj by "NOT beating 50%"

Stats are not in their favor, as this is her second marriage. According to one marriage therapist, "Statistics show that in the U.S., 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second, and 74% of third marriages end in divorce."

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

I swear she packed every single thing that had gone into the old house over the 30 years they lived there by the looks of her Insta story. So much crap. 

An interesting episode would be for an organizing expert to help Amy let some things go.  We are in the process of moving to a smaller home.  The process of letting go is tough.  Once you're done it's an amazing sense of freedom and lightness.

It's usually easier to purge and declutter before moving.  Why clutter up a brand new home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Okay, speaking of me and I, someone I'm Facebook friends with posted a game link the other day for Word Blitz. I'm not sure it she wrote it or the game did, I'm feeling like it was NOT her, but it says Can you find more words than I? I mean seriously? I don't know her, we just play another game together and we've messaged back and forth a bit in the past, so it took everything out of me not to correct the grammar of it. 

• LOL 3

My long time friend is moving from house to townhouse. She is a widow with a son in college. She is not rich but is comfortable financially. She is a clutter queen. She broke down and hired a local professional organizer for 10 hours, $80 per hour. She said it was worth every penny. Even had to rent one of those haul away junk dumpsters for $1,000! In fact, we hired 800 Got Junk to clean out after my mom passed away. They were awesome. 

my point is that often you need professional help to make the decision as to what to keeo, donate, toss. Amy could well afford that. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Okay, speaking of me and I, someone I'm Facebook friends with posted a game link the other day for Word Blitz. I'm not sure it she wrote it or the game did, I'm feeling like it was NOT her, but it says Can you find more words than I? I mean seriously? I don't know her, we just play another game together and we've messaged back and forth a bit in the past, so it took everything out of me not to correct the grammar of it. 

Technically, this is correct.  The assumption is that the sentence could be ended with "can find" as in "Can you find more words than I can find?"  

Also, if we separated it as we often recommend Amy learn to do, it would be:

Can you find more words?

Can I find more words?

It sounds weird, no doubt about it . . . but a lot of English rules do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Technically, this is correct.  The assumption is that the sentence could be ended with "can find" as in "Can you find more words than I can find?"  

Also, if we separated it as we often recommend Amy learn to do, it would be:

Can you find more words?

Can I find more words?

It sounds weird, no doubt about it . . . but a lot of English rules do.

You are right. This is a type of comparison where the structures on both sides of "than" have to balance.

He likes money more than I (=like money, do). 

He likes money more than me (=more than he likes me). This sentence is correct, but sad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3