Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Amy is probably your average American who just hoards stuff in their basement. Honestly I'm not sure how people live without one to store all their crap they dont really need!

I heard a quote on a TV show last week:  "Keep nothing in your home that is not useful or beautiful."

That's how I live.  We do have a workshop attached to the side of the house, but anything that is stored there is organized and labeled.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I heard a quote on a TV show last week:  "Keep nothing in your home that is not useful or beautiful."

That's how I live.  We do have a workshop attached to the side of the house, but anything that is stored there is organized and labeled.

I have a reeeeeally hard time of getting rid of stuff. I keep lots of sentimental crap. 

I'd like to tell myself I'm getting better. At random times Ill just go to a room and start pitching stuff. I can't wait till I move.. I'm going to rent a dumpster. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Amy is probably your average American who just hoards stuff in their basement. Honestly I'm not sure how people live without one to store all their crap they dont really need!

Moving is a great time to purge all of that stuff. 

I've got two teachers in my family, they collect/keep stuff like CRAZY.

Personally, I'm more of a keeper of things than a purger but do make an effort to "edit" my belongings on a regular basis to try to keep order.  I don't think that there's any virtue in being a keeper or a purger; they're just different ways of living in the world.  (I'm obviously not talking about extremes either way which would suggest mental illness.)  Of all the things we can say about someone, it hardly seems like a character flaw if we say that they saved too much stuff in their basement.  Provided none of us has to clean it out, why should we care?  Also, I think people would be knocking her if she'd spent hours cleaning out her basement to the exclusion of living her life.  Maybe she wasn't ready to purge all that stuff from her old life while she was actually purging her old life?  

If Amy had a serious issue, she wouldn't be cleaning it out, she'd have found a way to take it with her.  

• Love 10

People who don’t have basements use their garage for storage. (I actually use mine for my car, but only one of my neighbors also parks her car in her garage. Everyone else has various and assorted “valuables” stored in theirs). 

• Love 2

I remember when they had the organizers do the basement.    There were aisles between, but there were hundreds of plastic storage tubs on shelves, up to the ceiling.    The entire basement was full of stacked tubs, except for the aisles to access the tubs.    That basement was huge too.  

40 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Unless Chris said "No" like when she kept dragging stuff into the RV and he was pissed.

It's his house too and he doesn't seem to like clutter.

I respectfully disagree.  If you've seen the Hoarding shows or know a hoarder (my mother is one), people who have true hoarding problems will usually choose their hoard over everyone and everything else.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

I respectfully disagree.  If you've seen the Hoarding shows or know a hoarder (my mother is one), people who have true hoarding problems will usually choose their hoard over everyone and everything else.  

I don't think Amy is a hoarder... her house was cluttered but not anything like a hoarder.

• Love 5
On 2/27/2020 at 1:04 PM, PradaKitty said:

People who don’t have basements use their garage for storage. (I actually use mine for my car, but only one of my neighbors also parks her car in her garage. Everyone else has various and assorted “valuables” stored in theirs). 

Here we have basements and people still use their garage as a storage shed, drives me crazy! (my brother and SIL are included in that). I collect a bunch of shit I don't need but there is no way that stuff is taking over my garage. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meanwhile:

02E2E095-25C2-43D1-81BF-D1E7F1D0DCAA.jpeg

Looks like she brought a lot of her stuff to the new place.  Maybe NOW she'll have time to sort through it and decide whether she really needs to keep it all.  

If I'm finally getting around to making a scrapbook for which I've had supplies for 10 years, ANYTHING can happen.  LOL.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Look at all the crap piled everywhere. So much clutter and garbage. Has she even got all her stuff out of the old house? 

I can't believe she dragged all that stuff to her new place... and I don't know how she can relax with all that junk. 

her "roux" looks like "pooh" 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

If you look closely I think you will find that those pictures with the boxes stacked up is the same set up as the basement back at the farm, not her new house.  It looks like she was there working on the piles of EVERYONE’S junk again.  I’m sure she is the only one going back there and dealing with it, so give her a break if it is taking some time.  The last one out always deals with the lion’s share of the work, a typical mom situation.  The pictures of her new home look lovely and that gumbo looked delicious! 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

If you look closely I think you will find that those pictures with the boxes stacked up is the same set up as the basement back at the farm, not her new house.  It looks like she was there working on the piles of EVERYONE’S junk again.  I’m sure she is the only one going back there and dealing with it, so give her a break if it is taking some time.  The last one out always deals with the lion’s share of the work, a typical mom situation.  The pictures of her new home look lovely and that gumbo looked delicious! 

That post was a screenshot from a video. She stated that it was in her new house.

• Love 4

If that’s her basement in her new house and she has transferred the boxes there to work on them, I’m still okay with that.  Her main house still looks lovely, and I doubt that any one of us would want to post pictures of our basements or garages right now.  I don’t know why she did.  People are quick to criticize her more than other members of the family (except for Auj and Jer - who ask for it with their conceit) for some reason.  My point is, she’s a decent, normal person.  I hope she has a wonderful next chapter in her life.  After what she has been through, she deserves it.  

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

If that’s her basement in her new house and she has transferred the boxes there to work on them, I’m still okay with that.  Her main house still looks lovely, and I doubt that any one of us would want to post pictures of our basements or garages right now.  I don’t know why she did.  People are quick to criticize her more than other members of the family (except for Auj and Jer - who ask for it with their conceit) for some reason.  My point is, she’s a decent, normal person.  I hope she has a wonderful next chapter in her life.  After what she has been through, she deserves it.  

It doesn’t matter to me one way or another.

It was her garage, in her new house. Just saying, for clarity.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy looks so much better in pictures when the camera isn't resting on her nose!

I agree, she looks nice.... Let's hope this is a new trend and the days of super close-up yellow teeth and tonsils is a thing of the past. 🙏 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Okay, why are there a bunch of tables upside down, full of weights? Is that a new way to keep weights she's come up with? That's the most bizarre way to keep weights I've ever seen. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Okay, why are there a bunch of tables upside down, full of weights? Is that a new way to keep weights she's come up with? That's the most bizarre way to keep weights I've ever seen. 

Actually, it looks like she might be trying to flatten some folds in a new area rug.  BTDT, but not with weights.

It just seems weird that she doesn't think twice about posting a picture like that on the internet when her focus/comment is on the TV show.  

Edited by AZChristian
Added thought.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I don't like Amy's new house.  It's cold and lacking.  I hear echoes.  Seems she's attempting Pinterest and not doing well at it.

The rug she's trying to anchor down isn't matching anything.  Spend a few bucks and hire a decorator!  Especially if your going to continue the terrible in your face selfies.

Every time I see a new close up of her in all that chaos I wonder what was she thinking!T

I bet Matt is saying "thank God and Greyhound she's gone'!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think that's one huge, ugly rug that matches nothing.  Her walls are gray with white trim. She chose a chair with the gray and yellow then carried that into the ugly rug which is really a mismatch to everything!  Then four black coffee tables holding down what must be a cheap rug because good rugs lay flat!

Amy spend a few of those bucks and hire a decorator and make it into a warm, comfortable home!  Geeez

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  To me, it looks like there are two narrow rugs, one of either side of the big rug, that are being flattened. If only Amy would tell us. 😏

I can see why you think there are two narrow rugs.  But it looks more to me like a huge patchwork-style rug with the circles/vines overlay.  If you'll notice, the part in the middle between what looks like two narrow rugs (right in front of the TV) is actually a gray portion that matches the gray portion that is just to the left of Amy's feet.

I don't hate the rug, but I don't like it with that chair.  Too many mixed patterns for my taste. 

My home is decorated to create calm.  Our bedroom is primarily beige with brown trim, but there was blue wall-to-wall carpet when we moved in that we didn't care for.  Rather than replace it, we got an area rug in our much-loved Southwestern style that was mostly brown, but with some beige and enough blue to tie in the blue wall-to-wall carpet. The area rug covers the largest open portion of the room, and pulls everything together.

What I can't figure out is who has FOUR coffee tables!!!!  LOL.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Perhaps they’re benches?

I thought about that possibility as well.  Maybe for an outdoor seating area, but I can't imagine needing four benches in a house where no little kids live. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I thought about that possibility as well.  Maybe for an outdoor seating area, but I can't imagine needing four benches in a house where no little kids live. 

I have 2 in my house, and there’s just me, Mr Gunderson, and 2 useless cats. One is at the end of a bed, and the other by the coat closet. So I could see how she could have multiple benches, but if they are 4 matching benches, well now I’m stumped.

• Love 2