Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Amy face in front as always,looks pretty rough time to stop doing that.She won't because she is the queen.I would not be surprised if chris ever smiles again.No reason to with amy's friends hanging around what a bunch of bullshit.this is not a honeymoon it is an episode shoot on location.I convinced this is all phony.Screw them all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Chris just doesn't seem to smile in photos.  Has this always been the case?

It would seem that in the majority of “staged” photos, he doesn’t. But when not staged, he has.

Some examples:

492A1AA7-EC1D-456D-A856-296C7A58F715.jpeg

B85CB92C-65AC-4140-994F-9BDDA7DC296D.jpeg

8CB7F146-D974-4CD8-880B-BD13995EA9B7.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Where was Deb?  Was she left behind because she isn't married?  Where were Chris's best man and his wife? 

Amy probably got to chose and she chose…Lisa!

Is THAT Lisa’s  second or third husband???

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 1

I agree that probably didn’t need so much rehash of pre- wedding, but if the touching moments shown between Chris and his best friend ,with Amy,  and Amy’s father are all employees  of TLC and actors then they deserve best acting awards in a scripted reality show.
I don’t know why there’s a question about his confession that as he’s aged and in recent months he gets emotional.  Matt said he weeped  all the time but no concerns on his emotional status.   I see love between Chris and Amy  and predict that they will be much more of a team than what she had with the little Napoleon on his tractor.  In that union the  more he shut her out didn’t keep her in the loop on his big ideas or purchases just made her dig her heels in more and resent him. 
I think it’s time to bring a close to this families show . They’ve all moved on to their own “ big worlds” so there is nothing to keep me watching.  I’m not interested in Matt’s ghost town or his pumpkins or his dream home. His cheating with the help was the best thing that could happen for Amy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It would seem that in the majority of “staged” photos, he doesn’t. But when not staged, he has.

Some examples:

492A1AA7-EC1D-456D-A856-296C7A58F715.jpeg

B85CB92C-65AC-4140-994F-9BDDA7DC296D.jpeg

8CB7F146-D974-4CD8-880B-BD13995EA9B7.jpeg

In the third photo his is smiling like the pillsbury dough boy poked in the belly,He doesn't want to be there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

In fairness, Amy also "shut out" Matt from the raising of the children and running (i.e., cleaning) of the house; that was her job/domain, and the running of the farm was his.  Their duties were clearly defined and didn't involve conferring with the other partner, and both seemed to like it this way or at least eventually adapt to it.  I agree that wasn't a "partnership" on either side, but they were incompatible.

Hopefully Amy and Chris will be more of a united team, as Matt and Caryn are.

As for Matt's "weeping," he's always choked up when delivering speeches on special occasions; that's nothing new, whereas Chris is expressing surprise at himself doing so, and it's not limited to special occasions -- he said it's also mundane ones.

Hopefully (again) he's okay; Amy has made it clear she's not the caregiving type!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4

Matt and Caryn are a really good pairing. They both seem so happy with their lives 

What a nice vacation, get away for them after a really busy season getting the farm spruced up for the wedding then pumpkin season. 

Kuddos to both of them!

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2BB48B7F-37DC-4D1E-82AE-61B6EDE574C2.jpeg

1A88033E-63E4-4BFD-93BC-B933ABF49CB0.jpeg

Lordy Lisa must have eaten everything!  She’s huge!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Matt and Caryn are a really good pairing. They both seem so happy with their lives 

What a nice vacation, get away for them after a really busy season getting the farm spruced up for the wedding then pumpkin season. 

Kuddos to both of them!

Lordy Lisa must have eaten everything!  She’s huge!

Agree! But Amy looks like she's gained a lot of weight too. 

And Chris, looking thrilled as always. He must miss his Harley. Probably the ONLY thing he wants between his legs.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I guess no one notices St. Caryn's weight gain.

Haven't seen pics of Caryn blowing up like Amy. But I don't go to the Matt thread often. I was just comparing Amy's weight gain to her bff's weight (Lisa). I wasn't comparing Amy's weight gain to any other person on the planet including Caryn. 

What is the significance of "St."? As in St. Caryn. Did she get a street named after her?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Haven't seen pics of Caryn blowing up like Amy. But I don't go to the Matt thread often. I was just comparing Amy's weight gain to her bff's weight (Lisa). I wasn't comparing Amy's weight gain to any other person on the planet including Caryn. 

What is the significance of "St."? As in St. Caryn. Did she get a street named after her?

Because Matt and Caryn present her as a Saint instead if a home wrecker.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, bobalina said:

Because Matt and Caryn present her as a Saint instead if a home wrecker.

Oh ok. I didn't know that was a proven fact. Like I said, I don't frequent the Matt and Caryn thread. 

I wonder if Caryn had never come into the "picture" would Matt and Amy still be together? I guess it's possible. And if Amy had never met Chris? It's sad to think about but maybe A&M could have lasted. Who knows?

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, bobalina said:

Because Matt and Caryn present her as a Saint instead if a home wrecker.

“If” a home wrecker….. exactly “IF”

That home was a wreck long before Caryn came along…. Kids sleeping on filthy mattresses with no sheets.. Zach pissing in the corner of the bedroom rather than walking to the bathroom, Zach clomping through the house with his shoes covered in dog shit just to scratch the surface and a mother who was oblivious to it all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Matt and Caryn are happy with their own lives.  I don't think they give a hoot about Miss Sourface Amy or got his balls busted Chris!

Matt finally has a companion that shares his interests.

I've never believed Matt cheated especially after Amy stepped back from that lie that she told to sell books.  

Amy and Chris are like mosquitoes.  You can't get rid of them!  Now Chris wants to be Matt's buddy.  Have mercy!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

“If” a home wrecker….. exactly “IF”

That home was a wreck long before Caryn came along…. Kids sleeping on filthy mattresses with no sheets.. Zach pissing in the corner of the bedroom rather than walking to the bathroom, Zach clomping through the house with his shoes covered in dog shit just to scratch the surface and a mother who was oblivious to it all.

Zach pissed in the corner of the room? Really? Eeewwww, how disgusting! I tried watching this show when it first aired, but I was grossed out by the mess and filth of the house that I changed the channel and never watched it again. Until the season that Jacob left (I think). So I missed out on a lot of their past, and how they lived. But in that short 10 minutes that I did see, I remember the piles of laundry, clothes,  and crap lying around. The house just seemed noisy, dirty and hectic.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Can a "homewrecker" wreck a home (and marriage) that's not already wrecked?  I don't think so...

Exactly. It reminds me of high school when my peers would say "she STOLE my boyfriend." That would only be true if the boyfriend/girlfriend was kidnapped at gunpoint. 

• Love 7

I have watched this show from the very beginning, when Jacob was just a little fellow.  I have never felt Amy was in love with Matt.  She may have been when they first married, but I'm talking about since they've be on TV.  I've always gotten the feeling she wanted it to be just her and the kids.

She didn't keep a tidy house and I never saw where she made the kids even clean their own rooms.  Matt had a problem with the housekeeping and that was just one of the issues in their marriage.

I remember when they used to show Matt's parents helping out on the farm.  They were only in a couple of shows, but I liked them and thought they added a refreshing dimension to the show.  It was obvious to me that Amy had a problem with Matt's parents.  She rarely interacted with them.  The kids, however, really seemed to love their grandparents.

I think they stuck it out so long together because the show made them money.  And once it was realized that could still make a few bucks off the show even if they weren't together, it was full speed ahead with the separation and divorce.

I wish only happiness for both Matt and Amy.  Life's too short to be mired down in hatefulness and misery.  I hope Chris is the real deal and not just looking for a Sugar Mama.

Matt's had a rough time physically.  He has to be in pain almost all of the time.  But he is a trooper I will give him that.  I remember when they would go on vacations and Amy and the kids would do things that Matt couldn't possibly do.  He never seemed to resent it and understood that he was limited in a lot of the physical activities they did on vacation.  Still it was sad to see him on the sideline all alone watching them have fun.  I would like to think that he was just being grateful that his family was healthy and able to do those things.

I don't enjoy watching the show as much as I did when the kids were younger and all at home.  But I check in every now and then and I follow them on The Primetimer all the time to get the latest scoop.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I have watched this show from the very beginning, when Jacob was just a little fellow.  I have never felt Amy was in love with Matt.  She may have been when they first married, but I'm talking about since they've be on TV.  I've always gotten the feeling she wanted it to be just her and the kids.

She didn't keep a tidy house and I never saw where she made the kids even clean their own rooms.  Matt had a problem with the housekeeping and that was just one of the issues in their marriage.

I remember when they used to show Matt's parents helping out on the farm.  They were only in a couple of shows, but I liked them and thought they added a refreshing dimension to the show.  It was obvious to me that Amy had a problem with Matt's parents.  She rarely interacted with them.  The kids, however, really seemed to love their grandparents.

I think they stuck it out so long together because the show made them money.  And once it was realized that could still make a few bucks off the show even if they weren't together, it was full speed ahead with the separation and divorce.

I wish only happiness for both Matt and Amy.  Life's too short to be mired down in hatefulness and misery.  I hope Chris is the real deal and not just looking for a Sugar Mama.

Matt's had a rough time physically.  He has to be in pain almost all of the time.  But he is a trooper I will give him that.  I remember when they would go on vacations and Amy and the kids would do things that Matt couldn't possibly do.  He never seemed to resent it and understood that he was limited in a lot of the physical activities they did on vacation.  Still it was sad to see him on the sideline all alone watching them have fun.  I would like to think that he was just being grateful that his family was healthy and able to do those things.

I don't enjoy watching the show as much as I did when the kids were younger and all at home.  But I check in every now and then and I follow them on The Primetimer all the time to get the latest scoop.

When the show first started Matt was unemployed while Amy worked three jobs. Seems he could have organized the kids into house cleaning if he wanted but he was busy planning " projects" for the farm and largely ignoring the kids. I don't care if they divorced or not but that is no excuse for cheating. If you're unhappy walk away, don't screw the help.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Zach pissed in the corner of the room? Really? Eeewwww, how disgusting! 

Yes, yes he did. And we're not talking like a 2 year old and not knowing better. He was just too lazy to leave the bedroom so he used a corner. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Yes, yes he did. And we're not talking like a 2 year old and not knowing better. He was just too lazy to leave the bedroom so he used a corner. 

I just recently saw this episode, and this isn't correct. The boys were with their friends in the house, they were still in high school, and they were talking about this and making fun of Zach. He was 7 and afraid of the dark, so he used a corner. 

• Love 2
On 11/9/2021 at 7:10 PM, Endora said:

The video of that interview is pretty funny.  Chris started to tell about Amy getting sick (I think)  and she was mumbling no no.  Then she was whispering something to him  that you couldn't understand and then blurted out I got sick.  

Where is this interview?  I watched the whole wedding day vid  but didn't see anything on Amy getting sick....

Am I missing something??   Is it a Discovery+ thing? Because I don't have that.    Is there stuff that can only be seen on Discovery+ ?    I'd appreciate any info  ☺️

On 11/13/2021 at 8:38 AM, Ms.Lulu said:

Chris just doesn't seem to smile in photos.  Has this always been the case?

He does look quite unhappy in that photo.....   but it could just have been snapped at a bad time

20 hours ago, bobalina said:

When the show first started Matt was unemployed while Amy worked three jobs. Seems he could have organized the kids into house cleaning if he wanted but he was busy planning " projects" for the farm and largely ignoring the kids. I don't care if they divorced or not but that is no excuse for cheating. If you're unhappy walk away, don't screw the help.

I guess I don't remember the Amy working part.  But I do remember seeing Matt traveling and in board meetings.  My memory may be failing me, but I thought there was a show where Matt quit the corporate world to devote himself full time to the farm.  I will never forget when he said he would do anything to take care of his family, "even sell my crutches on ebay."  I guess that's why I have a soft spot for Matt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Evagirl said:

I guess I don't remember the Amy working part.  But I do remember seeing Matt traveling and in board meetings.  My memory may be failing me, but I thought there was a show where Matt quit the corporate world to devote himself full time to the farm.  I will never forget when he said he would do anything to take care of his family, "even sell my crutches on ebay."  I guess that's why I have a soft spot for Matt.

After the show started Amy insisted Matt go back to his corporate job but it didn't last long and at some point he had/has the teeny company that makes safety kits for little people to hotels but it was never very big. And he used to attend Little People of America board meetings.

Matt's a huge talker but Matt comes first.

• Love 6