Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Did Amy eat some of her own cooking?  She spent the end of her wedding day in the john and, by the time she emerged, everyone had left...

Amy's four-page written vows were so long-winded that TLC had to cut some of it out in the interest of time...

Love the part about Amy shooting Chris a look to shut him up, LOL!  They had that routine down long before the wedding...

"Amy Roloff and Chris Marek talk wedding drama, exchanging vows, getting sick on their wedding night (monstersandcritics.com)" in a new interview...

Edited by all4mom2
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I won't be watching. I already know the first 3 episodes will be Amy preparing for HER wedding. Then we've got 80 minutes of commercials, then we might see Chris drop in to participate in marrying the little Bulldozer. I doubt we'll see much of Mr. Amy's family (the people whom I would LOVE to see)

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

It’s all about the $$$ folks.  Amy and Chris should be grabbing quite a haul and nobody to share it with. 

I noticed in the pictures posted above that when Amy and Chris had their first dance everybody seemed to be gone!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
16 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

No; nor did she date before Matt, that we know of.

Actually she said in her book that there was another guy she dated very briefly before Matt.

Also in the episode where Chris is introduced, she was on a date night with another guy.

There weren't a LOT of dates with others but there were some. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Amy's four-page written vows were so long-winded

Four pages. I wouldn't want to be at a wedding where I like the couple to read four pages.  Write a letter to each other. Save it for social media. I don't blame her for having things written down with wedding nerves, but don't read a book.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Actually she said in her book that there was another guy she dated very briefly before Matt.

Also in the episode where Chris is introduced, she was on a date night with another guy.

There weren't a LOT of dates with others but there were some. 

If you're referring to the "paint and wine" event, that was a singles club thing that Lisa talked her into attending; people paired up on the spot.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

If she was really sick in the bathroom for hours, I'm wondering which bathroom.

The farmhouse that's now rented out to tenants?  Matt's DW?  The porta-potty?

The bathroom in Matt's office barn?

The bathroom and shower facility built in season 8 or 9 when the soccer team was training for Ireland and there was an actual episode about it?

The extensive new garage that probably has bathroom facilities?

Realistically either the DW or the big house could easily have been utilized for one afternoon and evening with advance notice. 

14 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Still a date in my book, spending the evening with a guy she didn't know.

The instructor told the group to pair up and they just grabbed someone.  But sure, okay!

I'm enjoying watching the episodes leading up to the Big Event, and especially the ones where the happy couple bickers over the wedding plans and Amy's hackles are visibly raised by Chris daring to assert his opinion.

This is as good as it gets, kids!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

would call it a group activity that called for pairing up -- like a potato sack race.

Except that a potato sack race is done in minutes and this was several hours of sitting side by side exchanging conversation and ideas about painting while drinking wine. Sounds like a blind date in a safe environment, YMMV

• Love 5

I don't think the actual painting - in which they basically took direction from and copied the instructor - took "hours."  Bob Ross did it every week in just 30 minutes!  The entire event (eating and mingling as a group before and after) no doubt did, however.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Bob Ross did it every week in just 30 minutes! 

Bob Ross was a pro of course. If you don't want to count it, then don't. It happened on screen, it counts to me. 

The awkward reality here is that anyone she might have dated who didnt want to be filmed is not going to be on the show so its actually hard to state as fact that she dated no one.

• Love 3

The video of that interview is pretty funny.  Chris started to tell about Amy getting sick (I think)  and she was mumbling no no.  Then she was whispering something to him  that you couldn't understand and then blurted out I got sick.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Amy's hackles are visibly raised by Chris daring to assert his opinion.

Chris's balls are in Amy's purse. He will have to pay a high price to get them back. He can own the biggest, badass Harley and ride with his Harley biker friends, but his balls will always belong to his "lovely" wife. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

A couple notes:

• You do not have to respond to every post that you disagree with or you think may be addressing you.  Let it go works.  Let's try it.
  • If someone always gets under your skin, use the IGNORE FEATURE.  It will enhance your reading pleasure. 
  • I let some minor incivility go because you all worked it out in the end. However, incivility toward your fellow posters will not be tolerated. You can disagree without snarking another poster. Example:  "Poster 1:  I think her dress is fugly.  Poster 2:  I found her dress very flattering.  I like . . .  about it.  Two opinions coexisting.  What makes this work?  You can state it without quoting anyone, and there is no "Sure, Jan" or "you're wrong" included. 
    There is no place in your world where you are in 100% agreement with everyone about everything.  Let's not expect it in an internet forum.

Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot directly.  We do not discuss moderator actions in the forums. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8B71FC24-BE80-4C14-9462-38885D233008.jpeg

What did Amy mean by "Ok honeymoon"? You'd think she would say "fabulous honeymoon" or "great honeymoon."  But just "ok"?

Maybe she's still sick and hasn't been able to consummate the marriage with her man.

• LOL 1

Actually I think she's using more of a slang phrase. My mom used to use it. "We're going to grandma's! Ok road trip!" for example. 

Written down, it looks weird but saying it is different. Its the difference between written and spoken word. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Four pages. I wouldn't want to be at a wedding where I like the couple to read four pages.  Write a letter to each other. Save it for social media. I don't blame her for having things written down with wedding nerves, but don't read a book.

Chris even said, "people don't want to sit there listening to long, drawn-out vows," and Amy countered, "Oh, yes, they do; that's the best part of the wedding!"  Amy's way or the highway...

41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From Lisa’s Instagram 2 days ago:

1D1C851E-E7E5-4C0D-B8C8-6905A0C8F295.jpeg

Lisa went on the honeymoon?!?  LOL

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

What did Amy mean by "Ok honeymoon"? You'd think she would say "fabulous honeymoon" or "great honeymoon."  But just "ok"?

Maybe she's still sick and hasn't been able to consummate the marriage with her man.

I have never heard of OK meaning anything but "meh," but maybe it's regional?

And I suspect her "sickness" was food poisoning.  I also couldn't help but notice that poor Felix passed away just days after sampling the wedding caterer's fare...

😬

He was sick "about a day and a half" before worsening "last night" and being taken to the ER vet when he was "too far gone," so she "made the decision to let him go," according Amy (he was only 5 1/2).  That doesn't shed much light on it.

Loved Amy saying she'd have to "sophisticate" Chris's culinary taste when he expressed a preference for boring old Ceasar salad to whatever that was with arugula and blueberries, to the distain of the caterer.

Chris's increased tearfulness as he gets older was very sweet, but I hope this emotional incontinence doesn't portend whatever that neurological condition is where you cry uncontrollably!

My favorite Amy mangling of the language from last night was "lasckidaisial." 

Lisa and Deb are both twice divorced?  (Amy stated that they've both had second weddings and they're obviously both single now).

Otherwise, I thought it was all pretty touching and showed Amy in a very favorable light...  I hope she realizes how fortunate she is and doesn't blow it a second time.

Watch those "flashes of anger," Amy!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The awkward reality here is that anyone she might have dated who didnt want to be filmed is not going to be on the show so its actually hard to state as fact that she dated no one.

She could always blur his face in the photos like Whitney Way Thor does!

As for dating, I found it interesting that Chris said he didn't even consider the bike ride a real date; he counts the birthday dinner at the restaurant as their first.  By that time, Amy considered herself in a relationship and was telling Z&J all about it.

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I believe Lisa is currently married.

I thought Art was just her SO but, if not, I stand corrected.

So only Deb is twice-divorced and single (and looking, she's hinted).  She's very attractive for her age; you'd think she could find someone in that club, too!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Off to Maui next week.  Will the honeymoon be filmed for the show?

I’m guessing yes. Filmed and paid for. The reason is there really isn’t much content for the series.

Zack and Tori have kind of bombed and have Jackson pretty much carrying the show in their family .

The other three not interested. 

They will drag out the wedding and then the honeymoon then move onto Matt’s house building. Not sure if he’ll allow a camera on himself and Caryn.  He is keeping their plans pretty much hidden. Not sure why 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Loved Amy saying she'd have to "sophisticate" Chris's culinary taste when he expressed a preference for boring old Ceasar salad to whatever that was with arugula and blueberries, to the distain of the caterer.

While she talked with her mouth full and licked her fingers! I don't like arugula, but I LOVE fruit in a salad and would try the salad in a second. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2