Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

On 3/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Amy sure does seem happy.  Good for her!

Agreed and she isn't playing the victim like Matt.  It seems like she's processed the divorce and is settling into her new life.  If the show's previews are any indication, Matt's still stuck in the past, acting like Amy's holding him hostage when in reality, she's just holding him to his end of the divorce bargain that gave him his freedom from her.  

I almost wish she'd call his bluff about selling the farm just to take the power of the threat away.

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 9
On 3/17/2019 at 12:38 PM, readheaded said:

Agreed and she isn't playing the victim like Matt.  It seems like she's processed the divorce and is settling into her new life.  If the show's previews are any indication, Matt's still stuck in the past, acting like Amy's holding him hostage when in reality, she's just holding him to his end of the divorce bargain that gave him his freedom from her.  

I almost wish she'd call his bluff about selling the farm just to take the power of the threat away.

He’s got Karen in his ear insisting they aren’t going to be held hostage by What Amy does.  Then cut to the Arizona house he bought her and she’s so excited because they can make it nothing like the farm. . Pick a lane ,one day he sounds like he wants it all behind him next he acts like Amy has no right being on his farm. If she agrees to sell it should be neither gets to live there. I have a feeling that Chris is not putting pressure on her like Karen does Matt. 

Glad to see Amy so happy and Chris seems like a good guy. It seems to me after watching them since before it was a series that she was the hands on parent. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Farm not barm
  • Love 7
On 3/17/2019 at 4:03 PM, athousandclowns said:

He’s got Karen in his ear insisting they aren’t going to be held hostage by What Amy does.  Then cut to the Arizona house he bought her and she’s so excited because they can make it nothing like the barn. Pick a lane one day he sounds like he wants it all behind him next he acts like he Amy has no right being on his farm. If she agrees to sell it should be neither gets to live there. I have a feeling that Chris is not putting pressure on her like Karen does Matt. 

Glad to see Amy so happy and Chris seems like a good guy. It seems to me after watching them since before it was a series that she was the hands on parent. 

Probably because Chris already had his own success before he met Amy, and well, Caryn pretty much just hangs on to whatever she thinks Matt has.  

• Love 9
On 3/17/2019 at 1:03 PM, athousandclowns said:

I have a feeling that Chris is not putting pressure on her like Karen does Matt. 

I suspect Chris might consider it "not his business" since they aren't married. I mean, it's her house and all and they aren't married so its not really his place to pressure her over what to do. 

I've become fairly convinced by the way, that Chris probably isn't being paid to date Amy, and doesn't have any weird ulterior motives.

• Love 8

Hashtag hell.. Is it really necessary to point out that you love all your kids?

Don't most normal people love all their kids?

I kind of worry about Amy because I feel like she's tying too much of her future happiness to Chris.

He seems like a fairly nice guy but for some reason I just don't see him marrying Amy and living happily ever after.

*shrug*

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have to believe that Chris made some kind of commitment to her that may not necessarily be marriage.  I think her kids are married and settled and Chris has become her world.  Maybe she was very hurt by the divorce and whatever the claims are that Matt did and she is so happy that the first man to pay her some attention has become her new "love relationship".  These are just my opinions.  

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Hashtag hell.. Is it really necessary to point out that you love all your kids?

Don't most normal people love all their kids?

I kind of worry about Amy because I feel like she's tying too much of her future happiness to Chris.

He seems like a fairly nice guy but for some reason I just don't see him marrying Amy and living happily ever after.

*shrug*

Given that Chris is in his mid 50s and has never married nor had children in guessing he doesn’t want to get married. Amy may be fine not being married again either, a lot of older people have that perspective, if you’ve been married already and raised kids with someone they may just want a companion & someone who makes you laugh. 

4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I have to believe that Chris made some kind of commitment to her that may not necessarily be marriage.  I think her kids are married and settled and Chris has become her world.  Maybe she was very hurt by the divorce and whatever the claims are that Matt did and she is so happy that the first man to pay her some attention has become her new "love relationship".  These are just my opinions.  

I think Chris likely enjoys her company very much and they get along well. They may have agreed be long term companions/romantic partners. Of course Amy loves all her children but they are married or partnered (isn’t Jacob to get married soon), and while I don’t think they are trying to cut their Mom out of their life, their stage of life is different than hers. Amy likely enjoys having a romantic partner with whom she can vacation, have sex, share experiences, chat with etc in between visiting the grand babies. Chris is available to her in ways her kids just aren’t right now (and no one is saying that’s a bad thing or they are bad children). 

• Love 3

Well, based on what Amy has said on the show, she does want to remarry.  She wasn't set on any timeline, but, she did want it to be a possibility for the future.  That's what she has said.  And, she said it to Chris as well.  So, I believe that Chris must at least be telling her it's a possibility.  If not,.......she will not be amused. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

F0A53123-ED97-46FE-8AC4-AA6D1EC0529D.jpeg

OMG, those wild announcements sound interesting.  Why would she announce something big, RIGHT before the new season premiers?  I'd think they want to make big reveals on the show.  Hmm.....

It's that her book is available for pre-order. I mean, I didn't sit thru the entire hour plus q&a so maybe she's also marrying Chris but she said the big announcement was that her book was available for pre-order.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

Enough with this family & their books. I'm not a big Matt fan but since his catered to dwarf children it at least had something to offer rather than being completely self-centered.

I'm guessing you weren't aware that Little Dog Big Race or whatever it was called was Matt's third book?

Matt wrote/had ghost written Against Tall Odds, his autobiographical "Am I A Special Guy or WHAT?" book and also Little People Big Values, a hilarious book on how he and Amy were great parents and would never ever consider divorce ever 🙂

My point? The prick started the "write a self centered book" ball rolling.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I'm guessing you weren't aware that Little Dog Big Race or whatever it was called was Matt's third book?

Matt wrote/had ghost written Against Tall Odds, his autobiographical "Am I A Special Guy or WHAT?" book and also Little People Big Values, a hilarious book on how he and Amy were great parents and would never ever consider divorce ever 🙂

Nope; didn't know. I don't follow them that closely so probably shouldn't have ASSumed Matt wouldn't have put out a self-serving book or two; color me not surprised.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Hmmm, Matt's first book sounds an awful lot like Jeremy's...

• LOL 1

Naw, gotta throw the narcissistic douche a bone - it was clearly written when he was in his late thirties and was more about how his childhood was a torture filled nightmare and yet he grinned and bore it and resiliently strode into the world to be the hero you now know. 

I mean, Jeremy's book is on how he dated. Matt wins. 

• LOL 3

I watched about 3 minutes of her Live the other day, and just happened to catch the part where she confirmed Matt and Caryn had something going on before the divorce. I thought that was the first "from the horses mouth" reveal of that info, but no one is talking about it anywhere, so maybe not. Either way, there's something kind of hilarious to me about her announcing her book via a live about divorce on the eve of her kid's smarmy book about how to stayed married forever. Lots of angry comments I saw from Jer/Auj stans regarding it, yet few that pointed out that THEIR book release was timed to coincide with new season premiere of the show they left. Seems more likely to me that Amy's book news was intentionally scheduled to coincide with that, and the Wonder Pair are the ones who actually glommed on to that date in order to push their own book sales. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Her Live was saved on FB. She starts talking about it around the 9 minute mark, I think. 

"...I think the other thing is, when you know you have issues and you know you have problems, whether it be on your side or another side, when you start looking before you're separated, that is hard. When you become involved and much more than just a friend, that you become maybe more in a relationship that's more than just saying, "Hey friend, let's go out for coffee," I think that can be hard on the other person as well, and I think that's what happened in my case. You know, we have someone that worked for us for a very long time, on our farm, and I believe (this is all from my perspective), that there was more than just friends going on and I think that evolved to a point where that got in the way of our marriage as well."

She then goes on to explain past TV scenes where she maybe appeared to be taking things out on Matt, and said that it's not because she didn't want him to have a new relationship, but was more upset at how it began and developed, and says that because of that, the show had her come across as being angry and bitter, and says she admits that it was very hard, and was and remains a process to get over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Thanks! I actually broke down and started listening to it after I posted and dang, Amy's throwing massive shade! Yeah, sounds like Matt and Caryn were sitting in that tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G well before the divorce papers were signed. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 3/31/2019 at 7:09 PM, Rap541 said:

Or hell, maybe Chris proposed?

I haven't read their books, but, I think that both Amy and Matt do have stories of interest to lots of people. I think they both have overcome a lot of obstacles and it's not easy being little. IMO, you have to be a little full of yourself to make a living in the world of show biz, entertainment, social media or whatever you call it.  Some people's jerks are other people's heroes. lol  

I hadn't seen the Christmas show until tonight and I have to say between the two houses if I had to choose I preferred Matt & Caryn.

Amy and Chris's seemed kind of awkward and strained to me... Maybe it was no grandparents etc at Amy's while Matt's seemed like more fun.... I got the feeling that the kids were happier at Matt's house too.

• Love 4

With all that land- Move Matt away at the other end! 

If you are no longer liking it there then buy a new place and make your own memories. I feel she is so Paranoid she will be cheated. So, get some Realtors in and get some Quotes and then show the info in Matt's face.

Not to be mean but is Amy getting bigger? Her butt looked really big.f

• Love 1

Matt can't be forced to move. If there's all that land and Matt's unhappy,  why is Matt not moving? Oh right, because he's still trying to play "I'm trapped and unhappy until Amy leaves" even tho he now owns multiple homes elsewhere. Both players in this farce are being obstinate not just Amy

• Love 3
5 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

If you are no longer liking it there then buy a new place and make your own memories. I feel she is so Paranoid she will be cheated. So, get some Realtors in and get some Quotes and then show the info in Matt's face.

She's also in a fairly serious relationship with a realtor.... Chris

I think she should tell Matt to quit yapping and present his offer, ask him if he thinks it's a fair offer.... When he says yes, tell him good because that's what she's prepared to offer him and since he thinks it's a great offer he better jump on it or STFU about selling... PERIOD!    😂

• Love 1

Once the final issue of the future of the farm is resolved.....I'm not sure where the show would go.  I mean, part of the interest is about the future and how unknown that is. Once, it's known.....I'm not sure how it will hold as much interest.  I suppose they could just keep skating along as is, with them both remaining co-owners and living separately.  

• Love 1
On 4/3/2019 at 10:04 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I think she should tell Matt to quit yapping and present his offer, ask him if he thinks it's a fair offer.... When he says yes, tell him good because that's what she's prepared to offer him and since he thinks it's a great offer he better jump on it or STFU about selling... PERIOD!    😂

I honestly suspect part of Amy's hesitance to sell to Matt is a fear that he will screw her over financially. If they sell the farm to someone else, Matt will do his best to get the most profit for both of them. If she is selling to Matt, he will do his best to get the best deal for himself at her expense.

I can't blame her for being paranoid when he's on record stating he lies to her about money and no one seems to have a problem with it

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I honestly suspect part of Amy's hesitance to sell to Matt is a fear that he will screw her over financially. If they sell the farm to someone else, Matt will do his best to get the most profit for both of them. If she is selling to Matt, he will do his best to get the best deal for himself at her expense.

I can't blame her for being paranoid when he's on record stating he lies to her about money and no one seems to have a problem with it

I agree and I feel bad for Amy...  Her hesitancy and fear of dealing with Matt is palpable and I'm sure she has good reason for feeling that way.

We've seen him gloat about lying to her and I don't like that side of Matt at all.

Whatever the deal I hope he treats her fairly even if it's for no other reason than she had 4 children with the him and deserves respect as their mother.

I always thought Amy was a good mom and continues to be a good mom.... Matt needs to step up and do the right thing.

• Love 4
On 4/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, booboopbedoo said:

I said this either on this thread or another one recently that I saw an older episode last week and she seems slimmer to me than she was then.  I'm 5' 2" and if I gain 5 pounds, my clothes are tight.  I can't imagine how hard it must be for her, especially now that she's probably through menopause.  

• Love 3

Did anyone watch the live facebook chat Amy held yesterday with her friend, the blonde lady who is always with her?  I watched maybe the last 15 mins.  If you pre-order her book, you can enter a giveaway.  You get to visit the farm and spend the afternoon with Amy and maybe Chris and or the friend that was with her.  I know most of you love Amy.   I hope you enter and one of you wins!

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 1