Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E02: Auditions (2)

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, InternetToughGuy said:

Jennifer Hudson under the group of "exaggerated"

Plus she did win an Oscar, probably the most prestigious award! I think that lends some legitimacy to idol too.....😋

• Love 1
On 3/6/2019 at 10:33 PM, Kenz said:

I was dismayed to see so many of the boys and men with that popular haircut

I'm 53, and I have it as well.  Do you want people to have unpopular, weird futuristic haircuts, or unpopular, sad, dated haircuts?  It's only reasonable more people will sport whatever style is currently popular, regardless of what it reminds you of.

• Love 1

As some have mentioned, this is a singing competition.  Hair styles, wardrobe, lineage, and physical and mental/emotional disabilities do not factor in when evaluating pure musical talent.  (Whether the winner of this competition will be a commercial success is another topic.)  Having said that, I love that American Idol no longer wastes our time with the jokesters and hopeless wannbes who couldn't hold a tune in a bucket.   Those people just wanted airtime.  They were an insult to the ones who worked HARD just to get an audition.  The back stories don't bother me so much.  In some cases it helps me grasp just how much the contestant has overcome.  Shay's story touched me deeply.  I was already on her side before she sang.  And then...  Oh my God.  A voice from somewhere far beyond this mortal plane.  I can't wait to hear more from her.

• Love 1

Are there viewers who really are watching this to see Katy's egotistical display throughout the show?  Have never liked her and her constant attempts to have the spotlight on herself instead of those competing is really unnecessary and selfish.

Maybe somebody could give her some tips on makeup too - not at all attractive.

• Love 1