Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Red, White And Blue-Blooded

(edited)

Holy crap that's a scary picture.

I read this before I watched and thought all of you were being bitchy and harsh about Caprese's face........ Then I watched the episode. She looks like Michael Jackson!

Annabelle was just upset that she was not the center of attention. I thought her sister was very pretty and natural looking.

You know, this is why I've never been super crushed that I've never been "beautiful"  It seems like women have a hard time letting go of their looks when they have relied on them so long.  Cute seems to take much longer to fade :)

Edited by RealityGal
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I don't get Caprice's "beauty" when she was younger.  To me she looks like dozens of young women I've seen in NYC.  And that pic of her is pretty close to Jocelyn Wildenstein territory.

I agree.  I looked up some of her older photos and she just looks, well, blonde.  Nothing special.

I don't think Juliet is renouncing her citizenship.Only .053 percent  of people who get new European citizenships renounce their American Citizenship.None of my friends who have become UK citizens(and I know at least 10) have given up their US citizenship when they got their British one.

The way she was talking last night made me think  she is becoming a dual citizen

If I understand this correctly, the US does not recognize dual citizenship, but you can get citizenship of another country and not renounce your US citizenship. It's complicated. I was. Of born in the US but my parents were American..... So there was some talk about getting citizenship from my birthplace and keeping my American citizenship.

d

If I understand this correctly, the US does not recognize dual citizenship, but you can get citizenship of another country and not renounce your US citizenship. It's complicated. I was. Of born in the US but my parents were American..... So there was some talk about getting citizenship from my birthplace and keeping my American citizenship.

Right.The USA simply pretends the second citizenship doesn't exist.  The UK will recognize both.  My sisters were both born in Germany, with German passports and were viewed as dual citizens by Germany, but not by the USA 

I put this in the Annabelle thread too, but it's pertinent to this episode so I'm going to put it here. Annabelle is so confusing to me. Every story I've read about her portrays her as this total party girl in the fashion world, but on this show she seems to be trying so hard to come across as a total prim and proper British lady. Like the whole underwear situation. She was so offended by opening a gift of underwear, as if the mere suggestion that women wear panties makes her sick, but take a look at this photo from a party in 2000:

rothschild2-220_1014260f.jpg

That is a see through dress, designed for her by Alexander McQueen (did you know that she was his muse BTW?). Yes, those are her bra and underwear that you can see right through that dress.

I don't know if she's trying to reinvent herself or what, but her freak out during the 4th of July party makes NO SENSE. Unless she just hates Juliet and saw an opportunity to go off on her. She is crazy.

• Love 2

Maybe production is telling the women to really hammer home the us vs. them thing. It would explain a lot about Annabelle's and Caroline's behavior. That or Caroline just likes to spout crazy (and false) things about what American women are supposedly like.

I don't know....my father was born and raised in Ireland....even if you become a brit what is the problem with being proud of your home country? (btw...the re-run is showing now)...I am a Brooklyn girl so maybe I would have no issue telling the prissy brits to settle down.

I don't know....my father was born and raised in Ireland....even if you become a brit what is the problem with being proud of your home country? (btw...the re-run is showing now)...I am a Brooklyn girl so maybe I would have no issue telling the prissy brits to settle down.

I don't think there is any problem with being proud of your home country, but at the same time you should respect other cultures when you go to visit their country.  IMO at least.

• Love 1