Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, abbottrabbit said:

I don't want to give Joe and/or Theresa too much credit (and I feel like giving them credit for any kind of foresight is already too much), but is there any chance he retained his Italian citizenship so the girls would be or would have the option of being dual citizens? 

(I say this as someone who would kill for a second passport, and has looked into the requirements for Italian citizenship -- my understanding is you can qualify as long as a great-grandparent or more recent relative was born in Italy, and your most recent Italian-born ancestor didn't renounce)

If that’s the case, they wouldn’t need Joe to remain an Italian citizen as the grandparents were born there 

• Love 2

All the brown nosing and tackiness of the gifts aside, I found the most alarming part to be Danielle saying she was wearing the matching necklace to the one she gave Teresa.  D and T charms. That’s so single white female obsessive, and so junior high school at the same time.  Best friend initial necklaces.  Ugh.  And how do her sweet children feel, their mom has Teresa initials on her neck, not theirs. I’ve watched so many reunions yet I’ve never seen this before, why did two people give Teresa gifts? Why do it on the show instead of real life? Did they discuss it beforehand? And why to Teresa and not anyone else?  

So many questions.  The whole thing was so creepy.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Neveragain said:

If that’s the case, they wouldn’t need Joe to remain an Italian citizen as the grandparents were born there 

But all the grandparents have become U.S. citizens, right? So they've renounced their Italian citizenship, meaning the girls don't qualify through them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Neveragain said:

All the brown nosing and tackiness of the gifts aside, I found the most alarming part to be Danielle saying she was wearing the matching necklace to the one she gave Teresa.  D and T charms. That’s so single white female obsessive, and so junior high school at the same time.  Best friend initial necklaces.  Ugh.  And how do her sweet children feel, their mom has Teresa initials on her neck, not theirs. I’ve watched so many reunions yet I’ve never seen this before, why did two people give Teresa gifts? Why do it on the show instead of real life? Did they discuss it beforehand? And why to Teresa and not anyone else?  

So many questions.  The whole thing was so creepy.  

It was very odd and out of place. I can see Jennifer orchestrating something; because she was the one who was all pissed about the necklace that didn't come from her brother's shop. Maybe she and Danielle conspired and thought, "We'll show them!" But they both came off looking very desperate. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

It was very odd and out of place. I can see Jennifer orchestrating something; because she was the one who was all pissed about the necklace that didn't come from her brother's shop. Maybe she and Danielle conspired and thought, "We'll show them!" But they both came off looking very desperate. 

I agree that Jen wanted to steal the spotlight from the "strong" necklace, with something that was supposed to tug at Teresa's heart.

But, if that bracelet was any indication of the jewelry available at her brother's store, she didn't do a very good job of one-upping the other gift.  I thought the pearls, gold and photo charm just looked ugly, and did not look like anything that Teresa would actually wear.

To be honest, I have seen that type of charm many times (the gold heart with the sepia-look photo) - several women where we lived wore that type of charm on a chain - but the majority of the women were mothers/aunts who's child/neice/nephew passed away and the photo was of the child.  

• Love 5

Jennifer sucks and so does her her gift. That's the best she could do?

Dan is scary AF and I wouldn't accept a paper clip from that loon.

6 days huh? I do hope his girls got to see him somehow. And FFS I do not want to actually see that on film. Teresa had better not do that shit. 

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

But all the grandparents have become U.S. citizens, right? So they've renounced their Italian citizenship, meaning the girls don't qualify through them. 

No. You can have dual citizenship in the US, yes you “renounce” it in your swearing in ceremony but that usually doesn’t matter to many countries. The US hasn’t enforced it since the 1960s when the Supreme Court struck down most of the laws. Dual citizens just have to travel to the US with their US passport.  Also, even if they gave up their italian citizenship that doesn’t matter to Italy as long as they once had it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Giselle said:

6 days till Joe's real going away party on the 14th.

At least at this party they won't run out of ICE

Laughing so hard at this. Husband asks why, I start to say “on th real housewives” and he says never mind.

although he was in the room when Porsha thought that the Underground Railroad was a reall railroad. And I explained she is Josea William’s granddaughter. He looked stunned and I said, “this is why I watch this”

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, Giselle said:

6 days till Joe's real going away party on the 14th.

At least at this party they won't run out of ICE

I need this on the punning Husky meme!

If they showed any remorse that people actually got their screwed for their greed maybe I'd feel different. But they haven't. They're sorry they got caught which is a huge difference.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

I guess that’s true!

43 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Am I the only one out there who doesn't want to see him deported and doesn't understand why she feels that way?

I would perhaps have some sympathy except for all their lies about him and his status and their over the top entitlement thinking that this shouldn’t happen to them when it is happening with increasing regularity to people across the country and they didn’t give a shit.

• Love 8

On a side note, my husband got home from work and walked in the house when Danielle was walking on set.  His reaction:

Him: "Oh.  Oooeeeww.  What happened to her????"

Me: "Too much plastic surgery, too much tanning, not enough body fat?"

Him: "but she looks so..."

Me : "I know.  She's also batshit crazy"

Him: "can you blame her?  Look at her.  I'd go insane if I looked like that too!"  

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Am I the only one out there who doesn't want to see him deported and doesn't understand why she feels that way?

I don't think you are.

Me? I really don't care if he's deported. He didn't care enough then to become a citizen, nor to obey our laws. He didn't fight for our country nor serve. He along with Teresa chose to  commit crime  and chance getting caught over his family's well being. He played the know it all tough guy & now he whining like a child that his punishment unfair. It was unfair to the people and government you stole from.  So I don't care if he gets deported but I do feel for his girls.

• Love 12

Personally, I don't like to see any family split up.  I can see both sides as to why Teresa and the girls wouldn't want to move to Italy with Joe, especially considering their current ages.  

Again, IMHO, the man has served his time, paid his restitution, and should be allowed to stay with his family.  He's been here his entire life.  If he had a committed a violent crime, I'd certainly feel otherwise. 

I've never been a fan of Melissa but she certainly took the gloves off at the reunion and I was impressed.  Dolores surprised me.  She appeared to do a 180 after the season, reattaching her lips to Teresa's (and by default, Jen's) ass during the reunion.  

• Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

No, you are not.  I hate to see any family torn apart.  I don’t find it entertaining or something to celebrate.  

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 6

Everyone, I am just popping in to say that I was at Rails last night (not a normal hangout for me; I prefer hole-in-the-wall bars) and, while I stand by my previous statement that even lots of us here in Housewives territory don't often see people out in the wild styled like these ladies, I am now willing to guess that that may only be because they are congregating at Rails! Oof, the hair, the makeup, the clothes--even on chicks much younger than I am! Why?!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

No, you are not.  I hate to see any family torn apart.  I don’t find it entertaining or something to celebrate.  

Same. I cannot stand Teresa, and I'm definitely not trying to condone what they did. But I would have been happy to see him remain in the country adn continue a relationship with his children once he gets out of prison. 

• Love 7
On 3/7/2019 at 7:56 PM, ichbin said:

I honestly would not be surprised if I were to learn he didn't understand the distinctions between being a permanent resident and citizenship and thought he needed the Italian passport because he was born there.  Not having citizenship for over 30 years probably didn't have any affect on his day to day life up until this happened.  The only time it would be an issue was if he wanted to vote in federal elections.  Considering the number of eligible citizens who don't consider doing that its possible he never gave it any thought aside from knowing he was in the country legally.  I have my doubts as to whether or not T fully understood it either.

In that infamous post sentencing WWHL interview, Joe said "Yeah, I'm a citizen. I got my green card." I'm looking at this deportation less like a family tragedy and more like a firsthand American civics lesson for this entire family.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

In that infamous post sentencing WWHL interview, Joe said "Yeah, I'm a citizen. I got my green card." I'm looking at this deportation less like a family tragedy and more like a firsthand American civics lesson for this entire family.

They definitely strike me as the type of people whose intellectual curiosity is stimulated reactively, like life is on a need to know basis.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I do. Unrepentant criminals are getting their just reward.

It didn't seem to bother him nor his wife to defraud countless people as they lied, smiled, spent and celebrated their ill-gotten "good fortune". Booting him out of the country assures he can't do it again here, which I do believe he would do if he was/is allowed to stay. 

I do find it entertaining that they are getting their comeuppance. It's good to see that someone who thumbs their nose at our laws is getting slapped down. Joe and T have this sense that they don't deserve this punishment. Screw them! The only ones I feel for are their daughters and their victims. The government isn't doing this to them their parents did it to them.

Good bye Juicy! 

Buon viaggio!

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 15

As far as I know, Teresa served her court appointed sentence and paid her restitution. And now Joe has served his sentence.  He may or may not be deported.  Since Teresa has been released from prison and released from probation, to my knowledge she has not broken any laws and has not violated any of her court ordered terms.  In the eyes of the law, she is a rehabilitated criminal. 

Being a bitch and being “dumb” is not a crime.  She has many faults, but so do many people.  Being ignorant and unrepentant is also not a crime.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

As far as I know, Teresa served her court appointed sentence and paid her restitution. And now Joe has served his sentence.  He may or may not be deported.  Since Teresa has been released from prison and released from probation, to my knowledge she has not broken any laws and has not violated any of her court ordered terms.  In the eyes of the law, she is a rehabilitated criminal. 

Being a bitch and being “dumb” is not a crime.  She has many faults, but so do many people.  Being ignorant and unrepentant is also not a crime.  

I haven't seen where the debts they tried to claim bankruptcy for have been paid. I think it was around 11 million. Credit cards, local businesses and such. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, geauxaway said:

All of those things may be true but Teresa's and Joe's decisions have hurt a lot of people and if some people perceive either one of them as being unrepentant and lacking accountability for their bad decisions, they are not obligated to care or feel bad for either of them when bad things come their way. I say this as someone who would like to see Joe stay in the America for the sake of his children who will take his deportation incredibly hard.

While it's an easy excuse for Teresa to dissolve the marriage, the change would obviously be difficult but I would think that it would be a far more monumental change for the girls to have their parents divorce, see their mother in other relationships meanwhile being so far away from their father to maintain a healthy and continuous relationship with him. As the parents, I wouldn't at all think it's unreasonable for them to make the decision for their children that they all move to Italy and with Gia and Gabrielle, they are either starting or a few years away from college where they could choose to go back to America for college and spend the summers in Italy with their parents and younger siblings. Milania and Audriana are young enough that making new friend and learning a language are unlikely to be as potentially traumatic as dealing with a broken home and absentee father.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

the parents, I wouldn't at all think it's unreasonable for them to make the decision for their children that they all move to Italy and with Gia and Gabrielle, they are either starting or a few years away from college where they could choose to go back to America for college and spend the summers in Italy with their parents and younger siblings. Milania and Audriana are young enough that making new friend and learning a language are unlikely to be as potentially traumatic as dealing with a broken home and absentee father.

Theee is no way in hell that Theresa is moving to Italy. Her main source of income is on the States not just with the show but with appearances which pay. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Theee is no way in hell that Theresa is moving to Italy. Her main source of income is on the States not just with the show but with appearances which pay. 

I agree with you. I was calling out her reasoning because she placed all of the blame, so to speak, on her children for why she would have to divorce Joe if he got deported and even said that if the kids were older then she wouldn't even think twice about moving to Italy with him. She's trying to sell it as being the best mother only thinking about her children but she's also thinking about herself and unwilling to admit it. I don't think she's automatically obligated to move her and her children to Italy, but she shared on national television that if Joe got deported they would get a divorce while also admitting that she has never even had these conversations with her two youngest daughters - the two people in all of this who have the greatest chance of dealing with psychological and emotional trauma from being separated from their father long-term are the ones finding out with the rest of the viewers about their parents plan. It seems like this is a decision that has already been made and it wasn't made as a family. And Teresa said that they didn't even cry when basically saying that their marriage would be over if he got deported...even if you're both unwilling to admit to everyone else that you may be mentally and emotionally checked out of your marriage...not even a few tears for the decisions you've made are continually putting your kids through unnecessary shit with still more baggage to deal with? Come one...are you fucking soulless?

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Reality police said:

I haven't seen where the debts they tried to claim bankruptcy for have been paid. I think it was around 11 million. Credit cards, local businesses and such. 

Exactly.

I think they just paid their fine given by  the court and back taxes. 

They haven't paid back everybody they scammed. 

• Love 11
On 3/6/2019 at 9:05 PM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Best reunion of RHONJ in years.

No doubt. Well worth three parts.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:53 PM, FairyDusted said:

6 days huh? I do hope his girls got to see him somehow. And FFS I do not want to actually see that on film. Teresa had better not do that shit. 

Shameless, selfish, greedy Teresa? Of course she will.

Edited by gritz
  • Love 8

I read that it could take up to a year for the appeal to play out (he would be in ICE's custody, no specifics were mentioned). If Andy's lucky, he could get 2 seasons out of this. You know he's on the edge of his seat drooling. If only the viewers felt the same way...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

There is so much talk of Caroline coming back.  I'm sure it won't amount to anything but I have a tough time seeing where she fits with this cast. 

I think she sees right through Melissa.  She can't stand Danielle or Tre.  I think she would roll her eyes at Jennifer.  That leaves Margaret, Dolores and Jackie.  I actually think that she and Margaret would really butt heads for some reason.

That leaves Dolores and Jackie

And that's just a really bizarre trio

I guess that answers that.  No place for Caro (although I liked her).

• Love 3

I would hate, hate a return of Caroline.  She's a PIA and even her own show was a no go.  Nobody likes Caroline and her all knowing BS.

I think Melissa found her voice when Jackie arrived on the scene.  Teresa and her nastiness is no match for a college educated attorney.  She looked dumb and stupid when she went head to head with Jackie.

Joe should go to Italy.  He did the deed and those are the laws of the land.  Teresa gets a choice and her choice will always be herself.  She loves the glamor of being on RHWONJ and she loves thinking she's the boss lady with her ugly mouth.

I do feel sorry for the girls because they have no choice in the matter but Joe and Teresa should have been thinking of them when they scammed millions.  It's on them.

You do the crime you you do the time.  If your not a citizen You break the law your deported.  What part of that don't those free loaders understand.  Joe had plenty of time, his whole lifetime, to become a citizen but it's only important when he's being thrown out of our country.

Ask those he scammed and stole money from how they feel about him being deported.  Hasta La Vista you scam artist.

• Love 11

I loathed season two - seven Teresa but I can’t help but pity the Giudices deportation trauma.  I don’t wish it on anyone and wish he could be made to give full or fuller restitution to his old tenants via garnishment over the rest of his life, and to pay additional monies to the vendors that went unpaid.   To me that seems to come much closer to making everything as whole as is possible.   YMMV.   I feel awful for the kids the most, to be clear. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

There is so much talk of Caroline coming back.  I'm sure it won't amount to anything but I have a tough time seeing where she fits with this cast. 

I think she sees right through Melissa.  She can't stand Danielle or Tre.  I think she would roll her eyes at Jennifer.  That leaves Margaret, Dolores and Jackie.  I actually think that she and Margaret would really butt heads for some reason.

That leaves Dolores and Jackie

And that's just a really bizarre trio

I guess that answers that.  No place for Caro (although I liked her).

Caroline was my favorite! I know I'm in the minority (I usually am); but I always liked her. I agree, though; it's hard to see where she would fit in. I also see her and Margaret butting heads. I almost think it would be a case of them being too much alike. They're both the snarky voice-of-reason. It would amount to a bit of overkill. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I would hate, hate a return of Caroline.  She's a PIA and even her own show was a no go.  Nobody likes Caroline and her all knowing BS.

I think Melissa found her voice when Jackie arrived on the scene.  Teresa and her nastiness is no match for a college educated attorney.  She looked dumb and stupid when she went head to head with Jackie.

Joe should go to Italy.  He did the deed and those are the laws of the land.  Teresa gets a choice and her choice will always be herself.  She loves the glamor of being on RHWONJ and she loves thinking she's the boss lady with her ugly mouth.

I do feel sorry for the girls because they have no choice in the matter but Joe and Teresa should have been thinking of them when they scammed millions.  It's on them.

You do the crime you you do the time.  If your not a citizen You break the law your deported.  What part of that don't those free loaders understand.  Joe had plenty of time, his whole lifetime, to become a citizen but it's only important when he's being thrown out of our country.

Ask those he scammed and stole money from how they feel about him being deported.  Hasta La Vista you scam artist.

Exactly. 

Also...

After the first time he scammed a victim and broke the law he time and time again chose to continue to do that. He chose not to reimburse that first victim, make things right and just stop. He chose.

Since the bankruptcy didn't go through or was withdrawn (I forget), if Teresa gets rid if assets, like the house, can't the creditors line up and get some reimbursement?

I don't know as I've never had to deal with bankruptcy or know anyone who has done dealt with it.

• Love 4
On 3/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, ghoulina said:

Caroline was my favorite! I know I'm in the minority (I usually am); but I always liked her. I agree, though; it's hard to see where she would fit in. I also see her and Margaret butting heads. I almost think it would be a case of them being too much alike. They're both the snarky voice-of-reason. It would amount to a bit of overkill. 

Same here.  My mom & my aunts & all their friends are all Carolines.  She feels like home to me!

Edited by teapot
  • Love 5

I’m gonna vote no on Killjoy Caroline and her dullard kids. Caroline is the only person who can go on a free trip to Italy and make it look about as exciting as a stay at the Airport Holiday Inn Express.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Wonder what would happen if Amber or the twins came back with the current cast. Not sayng I like Amber but wonder how that would go.

I didn't mind Amber, but hated her damn husband.  And if they are still a package deal, then she needs to stay far far away.  

• Love 6
On 3/18/2019 at 2:49 PM, Hockey Addict said:

Wonder what would happen if Amber or the twins came back with the current cast. Not sayng I like Amber but wonder how that would go.

The twins were kinda boring, to me. Like I don't remember much of anything about them. 

I wouldn't mind Amber coming back, tho. 

• Love 1
On 3/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, ghoulina said:

I liked Caroline, too, but I don't think she and Margaret are the same. To me, Margaret is in insecure bully - she's like the ugly girl that always kisses up to the pretty, popular girls, who she secretly wishes she could be, while berating the less popular girls because they don't do anything for her status. Caroline, to me, is not a bully, she just calls it as she sees it. Caroline also didn't have a 4 year affair with another man before FINALLY deciding to tell her husband, only to divorce him and marry the man she had an affair with. 

• Love 2
On 3/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, SheTalksShit said:

I want to like Danielle, I've always had a soft spot for her because I feel like she got a pretty unfair shake her first 2 seasons. But that necklace thing was cringe-worthy. 

It was in season 2 when I started to feel a bit sick to my stomach about the treatment towards Danielle.  The chase down in the country club, Ashley pulling her hair, Teresa constantly cursing at her, Caroline insulting her children, I started to see Danielle as this seriously wounded individual who was being kicked down over and over again.  

Now I know, she's batshit crazy. 

However.  Her being batshit crazy is not an excuse for some of the behavior that's been hurled towards her in the show.  It's just not.  Her having been a prostitution whore does not justify physical assault by Ashley - for example.  Every single one of these women should have taken the Dina route and outright refused to engage with her.  Simple as that.  

And it would have solved a major problem  Danielle is so unstable it is increasingly uncomfortable watching her.  Tell me you're not waiting for the moment when she goes postal.  For whatever reason. Andy keeps bringing Danielle Staub back into the fold.  She has no business being there.  She needs therapy, not reality tv.  

If these women were to take a stand and say hey Andy, we're not filming with Danielle Staub.  Even if only Margaret, Melissa and Jackie took that stand with Andy - that's a major message.  I don't think he'd fire those three.  He can't be so dumb as to think that Tre, Danielle, Dolores and Jennifer are a strong ratings combo (oh good lord, can you imagine? Not to mention, I don't think Dolores is 100% on the Danielle train.)  Andy has already learned the lesson that it's not so simple to introduce new NJ housewives and think that they work.  

Danielle needs to go.  Watching her is not fun, it is not enjoyable, it is not even ridiculous conflict like Melissa begging Teresa on her knees to stop hurting them while Joe's black hair spray gets all over everybody.  

I do NOT want to see her on my screen again. 

• Love 8

Some Danielle fans, Tre fans, and Jennifer fans are so delusional IMO it's laughable. Breaking a wine glass and acting as if you intend to stab someone with it while drunk makes you a queen, brave, and a bad ass? Someone that acts like a Bridezilla at fifty something or close to it is good TV? Jennifer honey, if you have to drink tequila to have a personality then you need help. And when you have a public twitter and go on a reality show, people will come and leave comments/opinions. Don't like it? Get of social media or reality TV. Or both.

• Love 4