Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/4/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And if and when they do, what are they doing in those red states?  I'm in the capital/largest city in Meghan's red state and never read anything about those "celebrities" bouncing into town.

Ditto

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Bucket said:

She constantly tells us who she is.  Psych 101 tells you she is creating her persona, not living it. 

This is awesome, Bucket.  Deep!  Adding some intellectual sophistication to our Friday session. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

She clearly has a fantasy of being a "badass bitch," but doesn't actually have the courage and independence required. 

I wish I could recall if she finished a recent comment about being confronted...I think she said she didn't deal with it well.  Am I hallucinating?

1 minute ago, Bucket said:
5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And if and when they do, what are they doing in those red states?  I'm in the capital/largest city in Meghan's red state and never read anything about those "celebrities" bouncing into town.

Ditto

I even watch TMZ and they have trolls at EVERY airport.  They report on lower-level "stars" all the time--never those two.   Perhaps the Twin Daughters use private planes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And no, Meghan, just because you and Abby supposedly spend the most time in red states doesn't mean we trust anything you say. On that note, why would she even say that? Where's the proof that she and Abby spend a lot of time in red states?

Well, Meghan has been to Arizona and it is a border state. So there!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That is just ridiculous. Just WHEN do they "spend a lot of time in the Red States"? They're in fucking New York City for most of the week. Do they go traveling during the weekend and hob nob, (oops, sorry, that's an East Coast "Elite" phrase) and speak at rallies or whatever the fuck they say they "do"? And with Abby all pregnant, is she up to all that travel? It's SUCH BULLSHIT.

Come on...you know, like the time Abby randomly ended up in rural Texas and stopped a local diner to eat and had a discussion with a patron there. Or when Meghan ended up in Alabama for 2 seconds and had a deep conversation with Joe Blow while she was pumping gas. No lie, when they talk about their on-the-ground expertise of red states, they give stupid anecdotes like this as though it's representative of every person living in a city or state. A state may be predominantly Republican or Democrat but that doesn't mean every single one of those people a) vote or b) are beholden to a political party if they feel that party no longer represents their best interests. So how do you truly gauge the complexity of humans, their constantly changing environment and their degree of loyalty and then be able to say with certainty that you have the knowledge and expertise to speak on their behalf of 'red states'? That kind of understanding takes years of being in one place and observing a population so it doesn't matter if they claim to be experts, anyone that values an expert in anything would know better than to trust their self-proclaimed expertise. Look at how confident she was about Cruz beating O'Rourke - she didn't act like it was going to be close, she made it seem like the election was more media driven and sensationalized and that Cruz would easily hand O'Rourke a loss...Cruz got by by the skin of his teeth. She also thought that Republicans were too loyal to vote Democrat when the Republican nominee was accused of child molestation and all around sexual predator. That is her fine expertise at work.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Meghan and Abby live in NYC. And Meghan lived in LA before NY. Besides, isn't Florida a red state? Ana spends more time there. Oh, man everything about Meghan offends me.  

Me too!!  I’ve never felt the need to complain about a damn talk show cohost like this before!! Lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

Me too!!  I’ve never felt the need to complain about a damn talk show cohost like this before!! Lol

It's all she has going for her.  Her absolute obnoxious unlikability.  If she wasn't so hateable we wouldn't even notice her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

How dare you!  She's a political analyst, I'll have you know.  With a lifetime's worth of political experience under her (very tight) belt.

My bad!!  I forgot she attended Reagan’s convention in utero lol

Edited by Jewell2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

How dare you!  She's a political analyst, I'll have you know.  With a lifetime's worth of political experience under her (very tight) belt.

You say political analyst I say partisan hack.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Imagine that.  Meghan's fave book is the shortest and... wait for it ... reminds her of her father.

I thought it was going to be her father's book. Once she said the title, I thought oh she will say it reminds her of dear ol'dad.  I'm scared that I can predict her crazy mind 😟

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

I recall Meghan talking about visiting a red state, shortly after the election I think. She pantomimed putting on a MAGA hat and talking out the side of her mouth, like it was her imitation of a redneck from the south.  It's always weird to me, how she SO wants to be this down-home country, cowboy boot wearing, gun shooting, whiskey-swigging Annie Oakley.  And she's really just an entitled rich bitch,   She's trying to re-invent herself, but she ends up looking cartoonish. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

I don't want to go off topic but Meghan saying Democrats have a purity test is laughable.  She needs to look at her own party.  There is a long list of Republican politicians who have had to move to the right to win.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
25 minutes ago, Cementhead said:
26 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

And she has been to a border state and if anyone knows about wall building, it is her. Oh yeah, and she has friends.

Do you???

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't want to go off topic but Meghan saying Democrats have a purity test is laughable.  She needs to look at her own party.  There is a long list of Republican politicians who have had to move to the right to win.

She also got the old adage wrong about Republicans falling in line and Democrats falling in love, she said something that was way off the mark. Whenever she tries to speak without using Mr. Domenech's blue cards she sounds even more stupid then she already sounds. It is painfully obvious that Megan does not know what the hell she is talking about.. If she were to just read and do some research on various subjects, she would not get so flustered when her views are challenged by another opinion that contradicts hers. Plus, Megan has no core beliefs, she espouses opinions that are parroted by her team. Look at how Sunny gave a nuanced opinion about antisemitism regarding the congresswoman yesterday.  Sunny is at her best when she speaks like that..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, jalady said:

... (Republicans fall in line; Democrats fall in love).

I thought she made that saying sound clunky. I've not heard it before but when she said it, it sounded like she was making something up off the top of her head.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also got the old adage wrong about Republicans falling in line and Democrats falling in love, she said something that was way off the mark. Whenever she tries to speak without using Mr. Domenech's blue cards she sounds even more stupid then she already sounds. It is painfully obvious that Megan does not know what the hell she is talking about.. If she were to just read and do some research on various subjects, she would not get so flustered when her views are challenged by another opinion that contradicts hers. Plus, Megan has no core beliefs, she espouses opinions that are parroted by her team. Look at how Sunny gave a nuanced opinion about antisemitism yesterday.  Sunny is at her best when she speaks like that..

Months ago Joy (I think it was Joy) said that phrase Republicans fall in line ,Democrats fall in love. Meghan was so offended and acted as if she'd never heard that old phrase. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Months ago Joy (I think it was Joy) said that phrase Republicans fall in line ,Democrats fall in love. Meghan was so offended and acted as if she'd never heard that old phrase. 

For someone who has been "in politics her whole life" she should have know that.

• Love 14
On 3/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, suomi said:

Sounds like your MD did right by you, Tunia. 😉

Well-developed, well-nourished (WDWN) is a term used in medical reporting which means someone is not excessively thin or heavy. 

I had my medical records sent to my doctor when I moved back home after my husbands death  and she described me on an office visit as “well groomed “  I was scratching my head about that for a minute then I realized although having situational anxiety / depression from grief that I had managed  to have my clothes right side out ,shoes on correct  feet and well coiffed hair.  I  left my tinfoil hat in the car. 

Sorry once more I come here to comment to find a post where I didn’t hit reply and can’t figure out how to delete 

anyway what did Megan say when Sunny was talking about having having Republicans in audience who said they would vote Democrat ? She mumbled something then rolled her eyes and looked out into the audience  I’ve backed it up and CC didn’t pick it up , was she implying that audience doesn’t have republicans in audience much? 

Poor Whoopi I hope she didn’t get sepsis from the hospital.

Megan  picked that book because it’s something she could say it reminded her of her father. Very transparent and Sad at this point  

Yay for Idris Elba next week if only Sunny won’t act like she’s in heat.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Whatever Sunny does, it will not be like Sherry. Sherry was offensive with her schtick when it came to attractive men. The constant touching, double entendre and walking like she was hot stuff..

Besides, it is Idris, who can blame Sunny for drooling, that face, that smile and that British accent....

• Love 10

I enjoyed the book selections. I remember watching an adaptation of The Wedding on TV featuring Halle Berry (gorgeous). I'm going to read Joy's suggestion, J.D. Salinger's Nine Stories. I haven't heard of it before. And I've read Love in the Time of Cholera by Garcia Marquez and thought it was very interesting, so I'll probably go with Ana's suggestion.

The Period. End of Sentence segment was also good and informative IMO. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I'll probably go with Ana's suggestion.

I just read an article a few days ago regarding the book Ana selected.  I had never heard of it before I read the article, but it's huge, like a classic, in South America.  Netflix (I think) is coming out with a movie adaptation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I just read an article a few days ago regarding the book Ana selected.  I had never heard of it before I read the article, but it's huge, like a classic, in South America.  Netflix (I think) is coming out with a movie adaptation.

I did not enjoy it. I could not finish. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I had my medical records sent to my doctor when I moved back home after my husbands death  and she described me on an office visit as “well groomed “  I was scratching my head about that for a minute then I realized although having situational anxiety / depression from grief that I had managed  to have my clothes right side out ,shoes on correct  feet and well coiffed hair.  I  left my tinfoil hat in the car. 

Sorry once more I come here to comment to find a post where I didn’t hit reply and can’t figure out how to delete 

anyway what did Megan say when Sunny was talking about having having Republicans in audience who said they would vote Democrat ? She mumbled something then rolled her eyes and looked out into the audience  I’ve backed it up and CC didn’t pick it up , was she implying that audience doesn’t have republicans in audience much? 

Poor Whoopi I hope she didn’t get sepsis from the hospital.

Megan  picked that book because it’s something she could say it reminded her of her father. Very transparent and Sad at this point  

I think she said "rarely", then Sunny agreed with that, and then Joy said, laughingly, don't be bitter, and NutMeg actually responded with a laugh.

Now I want to know what Joy said that was bleeped out.  they were talking about Biden's age, and Trump's and Joy said Biden is fit and Trump …?????

Edited by bannana
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

No lie, when they talk about their on-the-ground expertise of red states, they give stupid anecdotes like this as though it's representative of every person living in a city or state. A state may be predominantly Republican or Democrat but that doesn't mean every single one of those people a) vote or b) are beholden to a political party if they feel that party no longer represents their best interests. So how do you truly gauge the complexity of humans, their constantly changing environment and their degree of loyalty and then be able to say with certainty that you have the knowledge and expertise to speak on their behalf of 'red states'?

You are making sense.  That's not how this works.  THAT'S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS!

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whatever Sunny does

If she gets all coochi coochi with Idris I will call Manny at the hospital.

4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

MM has the Constitution framed, the flag framed and old men from the 18th century framed.  This is theme of her home.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Oh man, Manny's gonna throw out another tree.

I was thinking that she wouldn’t be thrilled if Manny  went on and on about some woman in their presence or publicly .  Garbage can meet cake.  I watched on YouTube the last time he was on and Sunny wasn’t bad it was Whoopi had been very suggestive  before he arrived.  I was thinking the same thing about  Sherri  , they would have to hose her down.   

I am going to get Joy’s book suggestion also.  I read hers  the last time they did this and really enjoyed it.   All The Light We Cannot See. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I am going to get Joy’s book suggestion also.  I read hers  the last time they did this and really enjoyed it.   All The Light We Cannot See. 

I picked up a copy of All the Light We Cannot See at the library used bookstore for $1 for the hardcover.  Anyway it was awesome if you are into historical fiction.  It can get hard sometime.

I am going to get Sunny's book The Wedding.

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, rcc said:

Whoopi with pneumonia in both lungs and septic was serious. No wonder she has been out so long. She also looked thinner too.

My best friend's mom died of sepsis on Christmas Day and in 2019 I have known three people that also died of it; one of them had previously lost over 200 pounds and living a relatively healthy lifestyle, one was 28 and one was a high school friend who was almost 32. It is so damn serious and they usually don't catch it until it's too late. How scary for Whoopi.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whatever Sunny does, it will not be like Sherry. Sherry was offensive with her schtick when it came to attractive men. The constant touching, double entendre and walking like she was hot stuff..

They didn't even need to be attractive--just be male.

• Love 7
On 3/7/2019 at 4:59 PM, RHJunkie said:

I think that's the most infuriating thing about her interruptions. She takes her time to speak and others give her that respect and then when someone else takes their moment to give their view, she jumps in or asks to interrupt and when allowed, she doesn't say anything different from what she already said or she speak random notes on her card that she didn't get to say during her spiel and it rarely is in context to what the other person was saying. She simply hijacks someone else's speaking time so that only her opinion can be heard. The segment did come up in my Youtube player and I saw it...she asked to interrupt Sunny before Sunny even began making her point. Sunny had barely set up the context of the situation and Meghan was already asking to interject. And whenever she's told to wait her turn, she always does the passive aggressive 'can I speak now? is that okay with everyone? am I allowed to speak?'. I wish someone would just say 'no' and let her just protest in silence while she crosses her arms and runs off the stage each commercial break to cry, lol.

Our Coaching Team has asked to be released from working with Abby.  She's just so sweet...but (we hate to use the "D" word) dense.   Someone in Production asked if instead we would like to create a curriculum for Meghan.  Declined.  Immediately.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Perhaps MM is thinking about her chatter at the table. Just yesterday she said she didn't want to fillibuster - and went on forever. 

Today she said said she was pontificating - and went on forever.

Yikes - she is incapable of taking any direction and processing it to make herself better.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 3/7/2019 at 1:50 AM, Blissfool said:

Yes, I've heard her telling stories where SHE does the breaking and the throwing, but I hadn't heard of Manny doing it. Throwing out the Xmas tree is at a different level because it also affects the kids and ruins Xmas. 

Yes, throwing a Christmas tree is pretty intense.  But it's all crazy, IMO.   I imagine their children are used to seeing this kind of behavior, and have been since an early age.   Is this the kind of example Sunny & Manny have chosen to set?  If their kids started throwing things in anger and deliberately destroying possessions, would that be okay?  It seems like awful parenting to me.

I think it's terrible that they do this, and that Sunny shares these anecdotes as though they're amusing.   It's not a case of, "Once I got so upset I threw a cake in the garbage".  It seems to be an accepted way to express anger in their household.  Maybe it's just me, but I was raised to respect property (mine and others), and to use words to express myself.  

On 3/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, Haleth said:

Meg: "Can I say something?"

Sunny: "No."  I love it 

Sunny has really annoyed me lately, but I did love her emphatic "No".  The way she calmly said it and then continued speaking was perfect.  Meghan was all butt-hurt of course, which made it even more of a thing of beauty.

• Love 16
On 3/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, deirdra said:

When MM asked and confirmed that everyone was OK with giving her a chance to speak, she merely repeated things she had already said - I wish Joy had said "yeah, we know, you just said that in last segment's filibuster".  MM doesn't listen to what others have to say while she is thinking about interrupting with her husband's plagiarized talking points, but apparently she doesn't even remember which blue cards she has already read.

She's the perfect example of someone who never listens, and instead just thinks about what they're going to say next.  If she would open up her ears (and her mind), she might actually learn something or at least hear a different point of view.  But her goal seems to be to share her infinite wisdom because she's convinced that she's truly more wise and knowledgeable than anyone else.  One of the reasons she looks like such a fool a lot of the time is because she's so attached to her own opinion that she misses actual facts.  She doesn't want to listen.  She wants to talk.  MM is the definition of self-absorbed.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:56 PM, tinkerbell said:

Meghan wants to own and monopolize every topic, she keeps trying.  "my sister is in the military"   "your story about your dad reminds me of MY father."  and nobody is letting her take over.  

Yes, she feels the need to interject herself into every topic, and overwhelmingly most of the time it's complete irrelevant.  All of us could do that in one way or another if we wanted to, but most of us are smart enough to know that it usually just stalls conversation, and is annoying besides.  Guests come on the show to talk about themselves, their lives, their movie, their book, their charity, whatever.  No one cares about Meghan's connection to what they're discussing, especially when it's something stupid that only serves to pull focus away from the guest and onto herself.

I have family members in the military, but I don't blurt that out every time someone brings up the topic.  Surprise, Meghan - Lots of people can say exactly the same thing.   Apparently she thinks every aspect of her life is just so darn special.  No need to bond with everyone who speaks, Meghan.  Just shut up and let other people talk.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, HaaCHOO said:

She has a Jewish friend.  Her sister is "of color."  She has a gay "bestie" (well...one in show business).  She loves Amber (I had an abortion) Tamblyn.  She's just an all-'round American girl. 

When she pulled out the Liebermans card, I was angry.  She doesn't have the slightest idea of what it's like to be Jewish and to have a Jewish heritage, and she wouldn't even if she had 1000 Jewish friends.   What was the point?  It doesn't matter if she has Jewish friends.  Anyone can feel one way or the other about any issue.  It was a completely unnecessary and ignorant thing to say.

• Love 18
On 3/7/2019 at 6:59 PM, RHJunkie said:

I think that's the most infuriating thing about her interruptions. She takes her time to speak and others give her that respect and then when someone else takes their moment to give their view, she jumps in or asks to interrupt and when allowed, she doesn't say anything different from what she already said or she speak random notes on her card that she didn't get to say during her spiel and it rarely is in context to what the other person was saying. She simply hijacks someone else's speaking time so that only her opinion can be heard. 

Yes, because her opinion is more important than anyone else's, and she can't understand why no one realizes that!

I love the way she gets so offended when she isn't allowed to speak.  Even when she just had the floor for a long time.  Apparently she thinks everyone else is trampling on HER time because in her mind this is The Meghan McCain Show, and they should only be allowed to say something when she doesn't feel like talking. 

The pouting and sulking when she has to hold her thoughts for a moment is hilarious.

13 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Totally agree with this. I also think Meghan thinks being "tough" means being rude. She's definitely rude, tough not so much .

Truly tough people don't have to tell everyone how tough they are.  She's all talk in so many ways.

And yes, you're right.  She's super-rude.  Even though I know this, she still manages to shock me on pretty much a daily basis.

12 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And when Sunny said the issue was being used by Republicans as a wedge issue Meghan says no I'm not.  Jesus Meghan saying something about  Republicans doesn't mean they are directing it towards you.

Apparently Meghan thinks there was a "Miss Republican" contest, and she won.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

Snip

When she pulled out the Liebermans card, I was angry.  She doesn't have the slightest idea of what it's like to be Jewish and to have a Jewish heritage, and she wouldn't even if she had 1000 Jewish friends.   What was the point?  It doesn't matter if she has Jewish friends.  Anyone can feel one way or the other about any issue.  It was a completely unnecessary and ignorant thing to say.

Totally.  That's as bad as pulling the ' I cant be racist, I have a black friend' card.  Idiots I swear 

• Love 15
(edited)

When meghan talked about the "purity test," I had no idea what she meant. Neither did Joy,  so she asked. Meghan answered  something about AOC, and still made no sense. I watched again.

Here's what Meghan said:

"I would be interested to see what happens. Ideological purity, or beating trump. You have to trust me and abby, because  we're the ones who spend the most time in red states, and I'm telling you, if you go too far left, I'm telling you, and we want by the way, if trump wins, I want on repeat all the warnings (snaps fingers) we've  given."

So. What the fuck is she talking about? She thinks she is some "highly educated political analyst" but even when given the opportunity, she can't express coherently what her point is.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 7
  • Love 13
44 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

No - but it was probably the only book title she could remember

...and every time someone mentions an "old" politician, she's defensive and angry.  She said the book reminded her of her father.  The story or the title?

• Love 6