Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/4/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Exactly.  She pulled out fake emotions and almost like family Jewish friends.  She's so disgusting. 

Selective outrage ! Yes Meghan I'm talking about you. I didnt hear her outrage about the 9/11 poster. What a pos.

Yes! When Sunny brought up the poster basically calling Illhan Omar a terrorist, Meghan didn't address it. Sunny made excellent points and Meghan couldn't take it. Cue the tears!

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yes! When Sunny brought up the poster basically calling Illhan Omar a terrorist, Meghan didn't address it. Sunny made excellent points and Meghan couldn't take it. Cue the tears!

Maybe it wasn't on her Ben's blue cards so she wasn't aware of this. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Maybe it wasn't on her Ben's blue cards so she wasn't aware of this. 

Meghan not only has selective outrage she also has selective sight and hearing. She only sees and hears what fits her agenda.

• Love 20

If you look carefully, they (producers) are talking to her (Meghan). She seems to be hearing and trying to keep calm.

They seem to intend to keep her quite. They are not siding with her neither the audience. So it seems she is having a tantrum.

Does any one has monthly ratings, I have the suspiction that during her mourning period, they were higher.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
Just now, njbchlover said:

I thought that Meghan's "tears" were more out of anger and frustration for not being allowed to interrupt Sunny (at least five times)...she was just soooo frustrated that she couldn't make her points by hijacking Sunny's moment.

She wants the support of the audience and she doesnt have it

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
42 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan said what Illhan said is "scary." Huh? Cue the fake tears. Did any of these ladies other than Sunny actually read what Ilhan Omar said? Sunny was spot-on. The selective outrage is incredibly frustrating. 

And Meghan said she doesn't want to politicize the issue yet at the end of her comment, she asks the table if they'd feel differently had a white Republican said what Illhan said.

Re: Taylor Swift - shut up Abby. Joy is right - they're citizens of this country, too, and have every right to speak about politics. Music and politics have a long history with one another, as Joy pointed out.

As a progressive Jewish woman who criticizes the Israeli government often, I found Omar’s comments quite frightening.  Jews have often been accused of dual loyalties.  Of course Omar can criticize Israel.  But when she does so by invoking age old anti-Semitic stereotypes, it makes my want to take my family and hide in the basement.  

Sunny is right, Omar is being singled out when there is reprehensible rhetoric coming from the right. But to say Omar is being shut down for “merely” criticizing Israel is missing the point. It’s not just about questioning Israel’s legitimacy, it’s also about demonization of Israel and the big bad Jews.  Elizabeth Warren can manage to criticize Netanyahu without invoking Jewish stereotypes. Omar should not get a pass on it.  I will stand up and scream against the Republicans for the disgusting Islamophobic poster accusing Omar of being a terrorist.  It is horrifying and I will always defend Omar against it. So why is it not okay to defend against anti-Jewish tropes?

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

You are probably right at one point Sunny was speaking and Megan asked to interject and Sunny said no forcefully and her neck, ears turned beet red.. Megan is not used to Sunny speaking to her like that..

I was surprised by that, too. Sunny has told her "I'm not finished" before, but this time she shut it down like a mother that finally--finally--slapped her bratty teen daughter.

• Love 20
48 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

OMG. Let's never have Abby ask questions about a serious issue. She does the "summary" question (You did this, then you did that) combined with a banal question and ending up with semi-horrifying results: "You said that you were kidnapped and buried alive. Then you chewed your way out of your restraints and clawed your way out of the makeshift tomb, and traveled on foot to the nearest gas station where you received help. How did you feel when you asked the clerk for help?"

ROFL!  Too funny! You nailed it!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

Fuck NutMeg and Dumbo ear Abby. They are always wanting the Democrats to hold every party member accountable for everything. Meanwhile they want everybody to leave the man in the White House alone due to the fact he "won" and they have relatives that work for him. If they are so offended by racism, they would be cheering the people trying to get rid of the main offender.

PREACH!!! yes

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Oh good lord, no.   She'd act like she was The Only Woman On Earth Who Was Ever Pregnant And Who Deserves Special Privileges (above and beyond the ones she was born with).   Abby be damned.  Abby?  Who's Abby?   I'm pregnant here!!!!!

That role is currently being filled by Amy Schumer;  who apparently posts videos of herself puking on a daily basis.  Charming. 

And damn it all!  It sounds like I missed another good show today. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 11:49 AM, Apprentice79 said:

So why do you think she is being a bitch to Ana? I think that she feels betrayed because as a Republican she felt that she should have been there instead of Joy the crazy liberal. Plus, Ana had celebrity friends there like Eva Longoria and Gloria Estefan. Megan wants real celebrity friends so bad.. 

On 3/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, OnTime said:

Hasn't Meghan always been bitchy to Ana? She knows Ana can fillet her!

Ana wanted her friends at the wedding. Meghan isn't her friend.

Meghan has been a bitch to Ana since she (Meghan) joined The View.  She's been downright rude, and often seems threatened, probably in part, because she knows Ana would be way better at the job than Meghan is, but also, because Ana is unafraid to call out the b.s.  that's going on right now, even though she has always identified as conservative. I wonder/suspect that if John McCain hadn't lost his 2008 presidential bid, hadn't died, and maybe if Meghan hadn't married whats-his-face, she wouldn't be a conservative today. Where she is now, is not where this girl was heading a decade ago. I think her emotional ties dictate her political identity, and that's why she's so effing touchy about everything all the time. 

Anyhow, had Ana invited Meghan to the wedding, that would have surprised me more, and I would have thought it was a forced/professional invite. 

2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Shut up Meghan. And I'm disappointed with Joy. Did anyone read what Ilhan said? We can speak out about so many countries, but speaking out about human rights violations in Israel? The problem is that everyone assumes Muslims are antisemitic and that a black refugee can't talk about things that are valid.

Thank you Sunny. You may be crazy when it comes to jealousy, but you're right here.

The problem for Ilhan Omar is her history of saying things that are clearly antisemitic dog whistles, like that Israel had "hypnotized the world" and that support for Israel was "All about the Benjamins," i.e. money. So, when she later says something that, devoid of that context, might not seem antisemitic -- like questioning why she has to have allegiance to any foreign country -- she sounds like white, Christian, male, native-born American Pat Buchanan, who is widely recognized as being antisemitic. 

At least some people who are wondering about her, aren't just assuming Omar is antisemitic, because she's a Muslim. They're taking examining her current comments within the context of her other comments. I really like/liked Omar, rooted for her to win, etc., and now I'm concerned.

I loathe when I agree with Meghan, but setting aside TODAY's tears, she's right, when she talks about the rise of antisemitism in Europe and the US. It's scary. I really don't like it when the call is coming from inside The House

All that said, I was SO GLAD Sunny pushed back at Meghan, didn't let her interrupt her, and went back to the Bari Weiss discussion. I was also glad to hear Sunny call out Republicans for using this as a wedge issue. It was gratifying when Meghan AGAIN tried to interrupt and said, "I really am not," (about using Ilhan's comments as a wedge issue), and Joy said straight out, "She's not talking about you," and let Sunny continue.

It was also good to hear Sunny be able to get to the point and directly address the selective outrage. 

By the same token, I was disappointed that The View didn't cover the story of how a white supremacist group has been urging its members to call House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, to support Steve King. 

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Oh good lord, no.   She'd act like she was The Only Woman On Earth Who Was Ever Pregnant And Who Deserves Special Privileges (above and beyond the ones she was born with).   Abby be damned.  Abby?  Who's Abby?   I'm pregnant here!!!!!

Bless you (not in the southern way; I really mean that).

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything wrong with either of these anecdotes? Everyone gets angry and has a stupid reaction in a relationship that's gone on for 10+ years. Throwing a cake from another woman in the garbage and throwing out a Christmas tree? That is nothing.

I don't know. It's really easy to throw out a cake. Throwing out a Christmas tree takes some serious effort. Even though I usually fear for Manny after hearing one of Sunny's marital anecdotes, this one scared me on a new level -- and on Sunny's behalf. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, inkworks said:

God, Meghan is so annoying. What is happening to the Palestinian people is wrong. I don’t understand why expressing that view makes someone anti semitic.

YES!  It is wrong. If someone came and put me out of my home that I had inherited from my grandparents ...put me out with violence I'd be mad too

I'm glad Joy's hair is back to normal.   That thing sticking out yesterday made me crazy

• Love 10

Mod Reminder: We know the discussion around Rep Omar's comments can be a sensitive topic, and you all are doing a great job so far of keeping the discussion based on things talked about on the show. Just make sure any further discussion stays on topic, since this can derail easily. Thanks. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything wrong with either of these anecdotes? Everyone gets angry and has a stupid reaction in a relationship that's gone on for 10+ years. Throwing a cake from another woman in the garbage and throwing out a Christmas tree? That is nothing.

I disagree.  I've been married for a very long time, and that is not acceptable behavior.

If someone my husband worked with baked him a cake, I would take a photo of the TWO of us enjoying it, and send the person a message of thanks, adding that the cake was "MY favorite" and how it was so nice of her to send the cake for US to enjoy.  

throwing out a Christmas tree?  not OK.  But I missed the context, since the show was pre-empted in my area for local news updates. 

• Love 8
(edited)

When MM asked and confirmed that everyone was OK with giving her a chance to speak, she merely repeated things she had already said - I wish Joy had said "yeah, we know, you just said that in last segment's filibuster".  MM doesn't listen to what others have to say while she is thinking about interrupting with her husband's plagiarized talking points, but apparently she doesn't even remember which blue cards she has already read.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Not a tear in her eyes! She realized she was losing as a rich, white woman v. a WOC with Jewish ancestry (Sunny), and resorted to crying like a little girl to "win" an argument.

Yep! Reminded me very much of the discussion on racial slurs back in the day when Hasselbeck couldn't "win" the argument without resorting to tears. Like Meghan today, she wouldn't shut up when asked to let someone else speak either.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg: "Can I say something?"

Sunny: "No."  I love it 

This was fantastic. Of course Meghan acts like it's some grievance against her. She spoke uninterrupted for some time, then Sunny starts and immediately Meghan wants to interrupt and Sunny very reasonably says: "No". Then of course later on: "Are we all ok if I speak now?" as though she was being muzzled. And then the fake, cynical tears on top of that, hahaha! Once again, so glad Sunny is there to push back a bit on this topic!

Also, I'm not a human rights expert, but Meghan showed her real lack of knowledge, or perhaps it's that she doesn't care what she puts out there. She was talking about human rights abuses in Iran and to my knowledge she is wrong (please correct me if I am). Gay people were being thrown off buildings in the Islamic State I think, in Iran there is the death penalty or I think many of them are encouraged to undergo gender reassignment surgery. Women aren't stoned in the streets for being incorrectly attired, they are arrested by the morality police and taken to a station to be covered up and have to pay a fine to be let free into the company of a parent or spouse. I saw a documentary on that recently. These are absolutely human rights abuses, however she showed very clearly she is ignorant of the real situations, considering how much she champions human rights. Or, as I said, she doesn't care. Some political analyst she is.

• Love 18

I finally watched it and it was quite bizarre.  Nutmeg's chest was red just almost as soon as she started her diatribe, and then when she started getting upset while Sunny was speaking, her ears went beet red.  And then she started sobbing and said that she was very nervous to speak about this topic.  Why?  

I think she started out upset, she was dour as soon as she arrived and was carefully studying her blue cards before Joy even introduced the topic.

Maybe her twitter fight from yesterday made her upset, because she was getting reamed out on twitter.

• Love 15

The problem is Meghan, she is a talking point of her party. She is not very smart, so she doesn't understand the complexity of the topics. The problem between Israel and Palestina is complex and old. It started with the British Empire, even before the creation of Israel.

Meghan moves is a very childish categories of good and bad. That is why she gets so angry. When someone disagrees with her she thinks they are evil or stupid. 

Sunny treats her like a little her, the episode of the sex doctor (I dont remember her name), Meghan didnt want to read the question. So Sunny ask her "Do you want me to read it", like you do with a small kid.

About her tears "I really dont care". Dont you remember she was crying after the Parkland shooting?

They are crocodile tears.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

I finally watched it and it was quite bizarre.  Nutmeg's chest was red just almost as soon as she started her diatribe, and then when she started getting upset while Sunny was speaking, her ears went beet red.  And then she started sobbing and said that she was very nervous to speak about this topic.  Why?  

I think she started out upset, she was dour as soon as she arrived and was carefully studying her blue cards before Joy even introduced the topic.

Maybe her twitter fight from yesterday made her upset, because she was getting reamed out on twitter.

She's not doing any better on twitter today.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

My mom watched the clip and was annoyed at Meghan. The thing that got her was that Ilhan is speaking out against AIPAC and Israeli's human rights issues, which are fine and valid. Some of her wording may not have been correct, but compared to what some Republicans have said and what the President has said about literal nazi, Ilhan isn't worth crying over. However, when Joy brought up how Ilhan can speak out about Somalia, or Libya or whatever (which was messed up and Ilhan has spoken out against Saudi...every Muslim person would speak out against Saudi and other Arab nations. They're super corrupt. I think Hassan Minhaj even made a joke about it on his show) Meghan brought up Iran and that is what my mom had an issue with.

Meghan, in her whiteness, can speak out about Muslim countries all she wants and knows that no one would say that she is Islamiphobic. Everyone understands that the countries don't represent actual Muslims or the religion. Common sense. But in Meghan's view, attacking Israel on their human rights abuses, which they are guilt of doing to not only Palestinians, but medics, media personnel and Ethiopian Jews, that's wrong and worth crying over. And to prove her point, she brings up a Muslim country to hate on.

Ilhan can't speak out against Israel, but Meghan can speak out against any country she wants. Why? Why does Meghan feel this way? My mom says that it's because Ilhan is a Muslim refugee and that's all she needs to know about Meghan.

• Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Meghan, in her whiteness, can speak out about Muslim countries all she wants and knows that no one would say that she is Islamiphobic. Everyone understands that the countries don't represent actual Muslims or the religion. Common sense. But in Meghan's view, attacking Israel on their human rights abuses, which they are guilt of doing to not only Palestinians, but medics, media personnel and Ethiopian Jews, that's wrong and worth crying over. And to prove her point, she brings up a Muslim country to hate on.

Ilhan can't speak out against Israel, but Meghan can speak out against any country she wants. Why? Why does Meghan feel this way? My mom says that it's because Ilhan is a Muslim refugee and that's all she needs to know about Meghan.

Yes her white privilege was on full display today.  She mentioned human rights violations and she immediately went to a Muslim country.   No China, no Venezuela,.... just a  random example about a anonymous woman being stoned in a Muslim country?     But yet no one is supposed to then infer that she may have Islamophobic tendencies?   The dog whistles she uses on a pretty regular basis on this show, are pretty on par what Ilhan said that has her crying  today.   And then her using her white woman tears as a weapon against Sunny's well thought out argument.....?   

It also bothered me when she started the conversation  by saying something along the lines of Ilhan is everything that Democrats are for - Muslim, immigrant, black.    It's like she's conceeding that Republicans don't care about any of those groups of people.  Just came across very tone deaf.  (and as a dog whistle)

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 23
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

What happened on twitter yesterday with Megan and what is going on today? I am loving her misery...

She's a trending topic and one of the writers wrote, "Meghan McCain is cancelled for 2019." Not getting any sympathy. Lots of angry comments.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
(edited)
6 minutes ago, mongoose said:

She's a trending topic and one of the writers wrote, "Meghan McCain is cancelled for 2019." Not getting any sympathy. Lots of angry comments.

That fills me with so much joy.  Given how dangerous her talking points have been, her nastiness, her pettiness and general pomposity..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan wants to own and monopolize every topic, she keeps trying.  "my sister is in the military"   "your story about your dad reminds me of MY father."  and nobody is letting her take over.  

She has a Jewish friend.  Her sister is "of color."  She has a gay "bestie" (well...one in show business).  She loves Amber (I had an abortion) Tamblyn.  She's just an all-'round American girl. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Joy allowed Megan to hijack the conversation who made a very simplistic argument about a situation that is fraught with complexity.

I think Joy's hands are tied; she goes as far as she feels she can...safely.  Meghan is the Queen of the May and all other panelists have received the memo.  Our letters, our emails, our various online complaints have done nothing.  We're doomed.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm so tired of her jerking back her neck and her shocked look when she's told, no she can't interrupt another host

Some talented person needs to create a clip show of those looks for us; surely there are plenty by now.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Re: Taylor Swift - shut up Abby. Joy is right - they're citizens of this country, too, and have every right to speak about politics. Music and politics have a long history with one another, as Joy pointed out.

But Joy was saying celebrities had an obligation to speak out. Her words, "if you are enjoying the fruits of our democracy, you have an obligation to speak out....when you keep quiet, you are a collaborator in the evil."  Abby was merely saying Taylor Swift could remain quiet about politics if she chose to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Abby was merely saying Taylor Swift could remain quiet about politics if she chose to.

I thought Abby really doesn't want Taylor Swift to speak up on politics.

• Love 5

And here ya go. Ratings gold.  Producers loving it.  All this talk about Elsa - she makes waves.  I am not a fan, but, she will be around as long as this kind of thing continues or she leaves because she wants to.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

But Joy was saying celebrities had an obligation to speak out. Her words, "if you are enjoying the fruits of our democracy, you have an obligation to speak out....when you keep quiet, you are a collaborator in the evil."  Abby was merely saying Taylor Swift could remain quiet about politics if she chose to.

And I agree with Joy. Abby said “I personally don’t need to hear from Taylor Swift on politics.” She said she’s a fan of Taylor Swift, so why should it matter if she chooses to speak out about politics? She’s still human at the end of the of the day.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11