Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/4/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Ana worked for MM's father on his campaign and MM wrongly assumed they were friends since she "worked" on it too. 

Ana worked on Abby's dad's campaign too. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I don’t understand what’s wrong with talking an Uber?  

I would like Leo to be on the show and answer some of Megan’s claims against him. 

Unless you're blasting Uber for their worker's rights and their horrible company policies, then that's one thing. But Meghan has no clue what she's talking about. She even brought up Leo Dicaprio and his private planes, even though he addressed that himself in his own documentary about climate change. If she watched the documentary, she'd know that Leo allows himself to get blasted by climate change scientists while he talks about how ignorant he was on the situation.

The thing is, even if Leo changes nothing will change. If governments change, then everything will change. Meghan bringing up people and blaming them for using the tools necessary to do their job is such an elitist thing to do.

• Love 23
5 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

This is how you talk about Ilhan? The one who spoke out about AIPAC and against Israeli policies and now is getting racist and Islamiphobic attacked along with death threats?

Shut up Bari and Meghan.

Edit, I don't get why Joy mentioned the Muslims on the left like it's their fault for antisemitism. Ilhan apologized for her comments but stated that she's against the lobbying from AIPAC and Netanyahu. Tlalib is Palestinian, so she won't be happy with the government who is killing and displacing her people.

*sigh* at least Sunny said something. I just wish people would leave Ilhan alone. The amount of death threats that she's been getting for saying something Glen Greenwald has been saying for years is saying something.

Bari saying she's a Liberal Zionists means that she's for the destruction of the Palestinian people. So, her views are already biased for me.

sorry for the rant, but this is ridiculous.

I would disagree on the liberal Zionist definition.  My take (and I would have called myself the same) is that BW is saying she is someone who wants the state of Israel to continue to exist but disagrees with the current policies (e.g. settlements, 3 rd class citizenry, putting the US embassy in Jerusalem,  etc.) and is wants to see Israel work with the Palestinian government to achieve some type of peace/co-existence.  At least that’s what I took away from her.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

NutMeg what does it matter if AOC ubers and Leo flies?  Is that a reason to not make climate change a priority?  What was her point?

Same with attacking CNN in defense of Fox.  Is she saying the story about Fox is a nothing burger because there are commentators that she doesn't like at CNN?

NutMeg barely took a breath in her diatribe about cows and planes, but she managed to thank the one person in the audience who agreed with her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

Meghan. Needs to sharpen her fillet knive. It just hasnt been working lately. Or better yet hasnt been working at all. AOC takes Uber’s, is the best she’s got?  “No more planes, how will we get to Hawaii”. Today she was dumber than usual. You gotta wonder if her husband is just setting her up, nothings lands with her. 

Edited by TV Diva Queen
Spelling.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
(edited)

The Sunny I like came back today; I was glad she asked for clarification from Bari, because until then Bari was sounding like she was equating criticism of Israeli policies with antisemitism, referring to it as a "siren song" (did both she and Meghan learn this at their university? Haha!). No one's going to tell me that because I find Netanyahu creepy and have issues with certain Israeli policies, like the settlements, that I'm antisemitic. No way. Without clarification it sounded a bit like any criticism has sinister undertones, but after clarification her position came across as much more thoughtful.

Glad that Joy brought up the refugees turned back before World War 2 as well. I roll my eyes a bit when people get all misty-eyed over American exceptionalism. It kinda shows they are not as deep thinkers on issues as they may profess to be.

Edited to add, I was wrong on this: "Which didn't surprise me that much actually as it was also more in line with what I had heard her say on the issue before - the only other time I have come across her - on Real Time with Bill Maher where she basically criticised his shrugging off of what's happening to Palestinians by suggesting as a rich person he fly to the West Bank and Gaza and see what is actually going on before making judgments."

I was confusing Bari Weiss with Michelle Goldberg. I'm not sure how that happened. I think they were both guests on his show within a few weeks of each other at one stage and I got the names mixed. Sorry!

Edited by SuzieSioux
Stupid stupid head.
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

I would disagree on the liberal Zionist definition.  My take (and I would have called myself the same) is that BW is saying she is someone who wants the state of Israel to continue to exist but disagrees with the current policies (e.g. settlements, 3 rd class citizenry, putting the US embassy in Jerusalem,  etc.) and is wants to see Israel work with the Palestinian government to achieve some type of peace/co-existence.  At least that’s what I took away from her.  

To me, a Zionist is someone who is okay with seeing illegal settlements happen in the West Bank or the destruction of Gaza or the displacement of Palestinians, because that entire area is Israel and Palestinians are not welcomed. To be a Zionist, you can't be for a two state solution. (Not that I think a two state solution would ever work)

I have no problem with the Jewish state or Jews, but Netanyahu's policies are racist and xenophobic. And the general idea surrounding Zionism doesn't bode well for Palestinians. If she defines a Liberal Zionist in the way you do, then I wish she would have described that on the show because to most people those two words don't make sense together.

• Love 12
(edited)
50 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

To me, a Zionist is someone who is okay with seeing illegal settlements happen in the West Bank or the destruction of Gaza or the displacement of Palestinians, because that entire area is Israel and Palestinians are not welcomed. To be a Zionist, you can't be for a two state solution. (Not that I think a two state solution would ever work)

I have no problem with the Jewish state or Jews, but Netanyahu's policies are racist and xenophobic. And the general idea surrounding Zionism doesn't bode well for Palestinians. If she defines a Liberal Zionist in the way you do, then I wish she would have described that on the show because to most people those two words don't make sense together.

Plenty of Zionists, myself included, support a two state solution and vehemently disagree with Netanyahu.  That is what Weiss is talking about.  Just because you think of “zionists” in a certain way doesn’t make your definition factually accurate.  Zionism is the support of the Jewish homeland.   Bari Weiss said “criticism comes from people who “try and claim that their criticism is just about the state of Israel...when it’s really about saying that of all the flawed states of the world...only one doesn’t have the right to exist, and that is the Jewish state.”  She is talking about legitimacy of the state, not the treatment of Palestinians.  It’s a complicated issue, but to say that one can never be a liberal Zionist is just not true.  The Zioness movement and J Street exist for a reason.  If you have “no problem with Jews or the Jewish state,” but have problems with Netanyahu, you’d fit right in. 

Edited by Momlevinex
  • Useful 7
  • Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Oh, and on Rachel Maddow this evening, the Governor referred to "Senator McCain's daughter's" assertion, and how it was all factually wrong.  Her idiot comments on the Green New Deal. 🙃

I saw that.  He couldn't remember her name.  

It was a shame the View had to cut him off so they could sell some scarves and keychains.  

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

It was a shame the View had to cut him off so they could sell some scarves and keychains. 

For me, this took the BOOYAH BITCH! sting off of what he said....I'm sure Joy could have spared a few more minutes.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yep. This hasn’t happened once or twice. She does this multiple times during any given show. The blatant disrespect towards Joy - I have no words. Doesn’t appear like she’s getting disciplined for it either because it keeps happening.

She never did it to Whoopi and if she did, she didn't do it often enough to stand out.  It is very passive aggressive behaviour. 

• Love 19

I'm watching live because I'm home today.  Had a colonoscopy this morning.   Haven't seen the documentary but I believe Michael Jackson was pedophile. After the second allegation I stopped listening to his music.   After he died I stopped listening again.   Now I'm done listening for good.   And anyone who knew and looked away fuck you and I hope you die a painful death. 

• Love 21

The anecdote Ana just told of Joy mistaking Don Lemon for Sunny was funny.  These women have a genuine likeness for one another.  How nice to see.  For a change.  Watching grown ups behave like adults. 

• Love 21

Abby Abby Abby there are all these Trump investigations because he is accused of various things.  No the Democrats have not just thrown everything but the kitchen sink at him.  They have simply started investigations because of things Trump has said and done.

Abby is starting to look like a Trump apologist more and more each day.

• Love 22
29 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

She never did it to Whoopi and if she did, she didn't do it often enough to stand out.  It is very passive aggressive behaviour. 

I'd call it agressive-agressive behavior.

Plus every epithet we've all called her here based on her horrid, ill-mannered, immature behavior. 

STFU, MM. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:
15 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Abby is starting to look like a Trump apologist more and more each day.

How soon does she go on maternity leave?

Not soon enough.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

Has anyone here watched the MJ documentary?  I am afraid that if I watch it, I will forever be sorry that I did.  I suppose I can start watching and turn it off if/when it becomes too heartbreaking, which I know it will.  😞

• Love 1
On 3/3/2019 at 9:56 PM, Jaded said:

Tuesday, March 5 
 Katy Perry, Luke Bryan, Lionel Richie and Ryan Seacrest (ABC’s “American Idol”)

As I scrolled by, I thought I read "Luke Perry," and got sad all over again.

25 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yep. This hasn’t happened once or twice. She does this multiple times during any given show. The blatant disrespect towards Joy - I have no words. Doesn’t appear like she’s getting disciplined for it either because it keeps happening.

Joy disciplined her right on air, this morning. I mean, there were no fireworks or anything, but Meghan started to interrupt to point out the Red Hat ladies and Joy gave her the "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU" glare, pointed to the teleprompter, and said, "Excuse me, I'm..." before Meghan shut her big mouth. 

I just can't with the Michael Jackson stuff. I know none of it is new. I remember watching the Martin Bashir interview Meghan cited and not being able to stomach Jackson. At some point (probably following his death), I came to a place where I could separate the man from the music which was such a big part of the soundtrack of my life. Now I think I'd throw up if I heard him on the radio. I know there are at least one or two current TV ads that use his music. I wonder if they'll quietly be pulled from rotation.

Raise your hand if you think the "high school boyfriend" who watched the Michael Jackson interview with Meghan didn't know he was her boyfriend. Raise both hands (and wave 'em in the air like you just don't care), if you think he was from Canada

Just now, Cementhead said:

Has anyone here watched the MJ documentary?  I am afraid that if I watch it, I will forever be sorry that I did.  I suppose I can start watching and turn it off if/when it becomes too heartbreaking, which I know it will.  😞

Based on how much just the discussion on The View bothered me, I think I'm going to pass. 

• Love 10
Just now, Cementhead said:

I’m in the same boat. I watched the R. Kelly documentary and that was also deeply disturbing but for some reason I haven’t mustered up the courage to watch this one yet. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, General Days said:

Raise your hand if you think the "high school boyfriend" who watched the Michael Jackson interview with Meghan didn't know he was her boyfriend.

I'm sure it was just another one of her "imaginary friends".

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, General Days said:

Raise your hand if you think the "high school boyfriend" who watched the Michael Jackson interview with Meghan didn't know he was her boyfriend. Raise both hands (and wave 'em in the air like you just don't care), if you think he was from Canada.

Lol!!!  I turned the show off immediately upon watching the AI judges walk out (and seeing that unfortunate shot of Katy Perry's backside in those plastic pants) so I missed this.  And if she said it prior to that, I had already muted it.  So, thanks for the chuckle.  Canada?!  Oh no, she didn't!  Don't drag us into this! 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

Lol!!!  I turned the show off immediately upon watching the AI judges walk out (and seeing that unfortunate shot of Katy Perry's backside in those plastic pants) so I missed this.  So, thanks for the chuckle.  Canada?!  Oh no, she didn't!  Don't drag us into this! 

No, I wasn't clear. Meghan didn't say anything about Canada, at least not in the segment I was joking about.

Early in the show, when they were talking about the new Michael Jackson documentary, Leaving Neverland, Meghan said that while she didn't grow up with MJ (Ana had said "we all" did), she (Meghan) grew up with (the work of) choreographer Wade Robson (an alleged Jackson victim).

Meghan then went on to say that she watched the older (2003) Martin Bashir interview with Jackson, and knew then that the singer was a pervert. She said she watched that interview with her high school boyfriend.

I was joking that the boyfriend is imaginary. It's kind of a riff in the States (I think you're probably familiar with it from pop culture) that people lie and say they have a boyfriend (or girlfriend), "But you wouldn't know him/her, he/she's from Canada."

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

The anecdote Ana just told of Joy mistaking Don Lemon for Sunny was funny.  These women have a genuine likeness for one another.  How nice to see.  For a change.  Watching grown ups behave like adults. 

I love it

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

I forgot to mention, Ana's wedding bouquet (which they showed on The View today; I'm not being off-topic) was gorgeous.

Is it just me, or was Meghan wearing a dental retainer, or Invisalign braces, or did she get her tongue pierced or something? She wasn't talking right (screeching, pouting, and general unfit-for-job-ness aside). 

Also, has Meghan decided to kiss up to Sunny in Whoopi's absence? A long time ago, I read an article about online trolls and how they can infect an internet community. One of the things they do is teaming (i.e. treating one person/some people like they're great friends, in order to create allies). I keep thinking that right now, with Whoopi out, Meghan is using that tactic with Sunny. 

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
47 minutes ago, rcc said:

Nice to see AI judges who get along. No divas this season.

I tired of American Idol YEARS ago...and then I happened to see an audition show with the new judges. I always liked Katy Perry, but FELL IN LOVE with her on these auditions.  I still won't watch the show...maybe the last 2-3 "finals," but I can't stay away from the auditions.  She's just a peach!

Edited by HaaCHOO
...later
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love the fact hat Megan was not there at the wedding. She was silent throughout the whole segment

Can I say something?

Meghan did make a comment about Sunny's fake hair when the showed a pic her at the wedding!! So she wasn't silent for the whole segment. I'm sure she couldn't wait for it to be over!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
Just now, OnTime said:

Can I say something?

Meghan did make a comment about Sunny's fake hair when the showed a pic her at the wedding!! So she wasn't silent for the whole segment. I'm sure she couldn't wait for it to be over!!

Sunny invited her to comment by asking about how her hair looked and she responded.. I did notice that Ana said that she invited people that loves her and that she loves in return to partake in her happiness. 

• Love 16

What is this - red hat/orange pants day?  I hated Katy's trows but was appalled by Meghan's, and actually felt a tiny twinge of sympathy when Katy appeared in similar, lurid pants but looking IMO 50 times better (though her slippery seat thing got old fast.

Loved Ana's hair today, but hope she gets better guidance on flattering on- camera clothing/fit.

At the very end, when Joy asked if any panelist had a final comment, of course Megs did - I groaned, but then she surprised me with her trite but sincere words.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, telemachus2 said:

What is this - red hat/orange pants day?  I hated Katy's trows but was appalled by Meghan's, and actually felt a tiny twinge of sympathy when Katy appeared in similar, lurid pants but looking IMO 50 times better (though her slippery seat thing got old fast.

Loved Ana's hair today, but hope she gets better guidance on flattering on- camera clothing/fit.

At the very end, when Joy asked if any panelist had a final comment, of course Megs did - I groaned, but then she surprised me with her trite but sincere words.

What did Nutmeg say?

• Love 2