Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/4/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan consistently interrupts Joy's intro every morning.  Purposely. 

"Oh, look! The red hat ladies!"  STFU, Bitch.

It's so obvious she's doing it on purpose.  So childish.  At first  Joy just let it pass.  Now, she like the rest of us sees Meghan's stupid game. She's putting her foot down.  I love that she stopped Meghan this morning and just kept going. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, falltime said:

do they legally have to say allegedly even though mj is dead?

Yes.  His estate has a stake in his image and can sue for defamation. 

• Love 8

Congratulations to Ana! She’s glowing. I’m home sick and watching Ana talking on CNN right now. And MM Is still sneering. Speaking of Nutmeg bitching about  Leo Decaprio yesterday,  I saw a new report that he has secretly donated $1 million to climate change. 

I watched both parts of leaving never land and the R Kelly documentaries and Both are really devastating to watch. I’m a survivor of childhood sexual abuse myself and I was nodding all the way through. 

When does Abby leave? She’s starting to adopt MM’s stink face. Her usual comments are starting to irritate me especially now that’s she’s clearly defending Trump. She thinks she hot stuff now that she’s interviewed Ivanka. 

MM’s constant interruptions are nothing new but she seems to hellbent on rattling Joy, who shuts her down. It’s so beautiful to watch! Hehe 

• Love 20

Yet another show where I was just so, so glad Whoopi wasn't there. Can you imagine if she had been there for the Michael Jackson conversation? I remember her screaming at the other panelists in the past how he absolutely, positively was ok. Just like with Bill Cosby, Mel Gibson etc. I think it was coincidence but looking back on it, it makes me giggle a bit how Joy started off pointing out how Whoopi was definitely watching them this morning, then they go into the Michael Jackson conversation. I bet she had a high blood pressure reading at the doctor's that morning! (That's where she was, right?)

And may as well give it up a bit for Meghan (happens so rarely) in that she is right when she spoke of the inconvenient realities about celebrities that people don't want to face up to, and she was right to bring up the religious organisations in trouble too - it's sad, but when people have something they love, they will put blinders on completely to that person or organisations' bad behaviours, and even worse, make all sorts of unpleasant accusations about victims. I also am like her in that I've thought he was a pervert for a long time. It's easy to say in hindsight, I know, but I am being very honest when I say I've never really enjoyed even his music. I was more of a Janet fan if anything, when younger.

So glad to see Joy calmly cut Meghan off at the beginning too. It's so obvious to me that she is trying to show how much she doesn't respect Joy by doing it. So, still no love for Meghan from me, but as they say, a broken clock is still right twice a day.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

What did Nutmeg say?

Nuthin' momentous - just that she learned in the last 18 mo. that tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.  (As with a child/pet, praise when you catch her in a positive...)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I did try to watch the documentary, but it was so filthy, even I in all my nasty southern glory had to turn it off. I believe those men. But let me tell you, I would like to hang both of their parents for allowing them to SLEEP WITH A GROWN MAN.  Are you kidding me?

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I did try to watch the documentary, but it was so filthy, even I in all my nasty southern glory had to turn it off. I believe those men. But let me tell you, I would like to hang both of their parents for allowing them to SLEEP WITH A GROWN MAN.  Are you kidding me?

I have it recorded but haven't watched. I watched "kidnapped in plain sight" after the woman was on the View.  I wanted slap her parent into next week.  I'm not sure if I can make it through "Leaving Neverland",  if not, it's back to Hallmark Mysteries movies.  Light muder mysteries is a good escape from things sometimes. 

• Love 11

Coffee: Well honey you will need to skip this documentary, I love true life murder and watch all that stuff on the ID channel, and THIS GROSSED ME OUT. It's just horrible, he was a real nasty creep, he totally groomed those little boys and their parents. The men who were abused went into very graphic gay detail about what happened to them.

10 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Coffee: Well honey you will need to skip this documentary, I love true life murder and watch all that stuff on the ID channel, and THIS GROSSED ME OUT. It's just horrible, he was a real nasty creep, he totally groomed those little boys and their parents. The men who were abused went into very graphic gay detail about what happened to them.

Thanks, I might take your advice. I can usually watch most crime shows but kids being sexually abused is a topic difficult for me. If it's so detailed,  yeah I'll skip. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Everyone, absolutely everyone, I know who has watched it has said how very difficult it was to watch and how harrowing it was. I'm going to believe them and skip it and accept it as true. (You could really tell by Joy's demeanor how much it affected her.) I'm still pulling myself out of grieving my mom's death (yes, I understand Meghan's deep grief, although I hope I wasn't obnoxious - 'nuff said) and I don't think I could handle something that depressing right now.

As for the parents, they were dazzled by someone who was, at the time, the biggest star on the entire planet. One thing I've realized as I get older is that fame is a drug, and people act very, very atypically around famous people. I am sure that the parents have beaten themselves up plenty, and will never get over it. I can't add to the condemnation that's already been in their heads for decades. Fame is a terrible thing when abused, because otherwise normal people are nuts around famous people. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, OnTime said:

All Meghan cares about is Sunny's fake hair!!

I wonder how she liked Abby's suggestion that Sunny looked like Sophia Vergara in her red dress & pony?  Was she also throwing shade on Mr. Domenech's twitter comment about Ana's Sophia-Vergara fake accent? 

• Love 8
(edited)

The Red Hat Society is an international social organization that was founded in 1998 in the United States for women age 50 and beyond, but now open to women of all ages. Its main purpose is to provide women with opportunities for pleasant social interaction, both for reconnecting with old friends and making new ones.

Today is also Mardi Gras.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wonder how she liked Abby's suggestion that Sunny looked like Sophia Vergara in her red dress & pony?  Was she also throwing shade on Mr. Domenech's twitter comment about Ana's Sophia-Vergara fake accent? 

Sofia Vergara is probably the only latin american they can name.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I have it recorded but haven't watched. I watched "kidnapped in plain sight" after the woman was on the View.  I wanted slap her parent into next week.  I'm not sure if I can make it through "Leaving Neverland",  if not, it's back to Hallmark Mysteries movies.  Light muder mysteries is a good escape from things sometimes. 

Me too. I was young in the early seventies and even in our dysfunctional household there is no way my parents would have allowed a man, or even a boy, to sleep in my bed.  Those parents were whack and completely irresponsible.  

• Love 12

Banana: When I was a kid and my parents and my brother and sister were traveling, my parents started getting a separate hotel room for my brother when he got a certain age, they HAD SOME COMMON SENSE! My Dad and my brother would bunk together....I didn't understand then, but I do now....you don't even lump brothers and sisters together in a room alone for God's sake. Lord Lord Lord. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Has anyone here watched the MJ documentary?  I am afraid that if I watch it, I will forever be sorry that I did.  I suppose I can start watching and turn it off if/when it becomes too heartbreaking, which I know it will.  😞

I don’t have HBO but there is a forum for it in HBO documentaries.  I would like to see Oprah’s interview. 

Poor Abby was fighting back tears talking about the documentary. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, falltime said:

Sofia Vergara is probably the only latin american they can name.

Ana's accent does not remotely resemble Sofia Vergara's very thick accent, which, buy the way, she can tone down when she wants.  (She said it on Ellen!!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan consistently interrupts Joy's intro every morning.  Purposely. 

"Oh, look! The red hat ladies!"  STFU, Bitch.

She has no idea how overtly rude and childish it makes her look.  I can't figure out what goes on in her mind that lets her believe that's a good thing to do.  It just makes her look like a brat.  She clearly has an impulse control problem that she has no intention of correcting.  It's her new habit, and she apparently thinks it's just fine.

It's common sense that the moderator (whoever it is) has to get the show started, so it's idiotic to get in the way of that.  This is not only television, it's live television.  Things need to get moving as planned.  And it's not as though she's interrupting for an actual reason.  It's just all so dumb and clearly simply to get attention.  This bitch has no self-awareness whatsoever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, DebbieM4 said:

I can't figure out what goes on in her mind that lets her believe that's a good thing to do. 

Powers That Be obviously support her every whim.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Fame is a terrible thing when abused, because otherwise normal people are nuts around famous people. 

and famous people who are also NUTS!

• Love 8

She'll never miss an opportunity to throw a jab at Joy.  Those Red Hat ladies have been in the audience before, so it's no big deal they're there again and it wasn't necessary to point them out during Joy's introduction.  At the very least, she could have pointed them out later in the show.

I remember reading somewhere when The View first started that Joy had a joke writer and though many of the jokes she used were her own, a few were from the joke writer.  I don't know if what I read was even accurate.  Nonetheless, even if true, I'd venture to guess that Joy no longer needs help in that department.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Powers That Be obviously support her every whim.

Whether or not that's true, why is it her whim to begin with?  Interrupting a moderator who is opening the show is just so clearly a dumb thing to do.  What possesses her to be so stupid? (Rhetorical question!)  🙂 '

I think every one of us here (including those who have never worked in television) knows that it looks rude and unprofessional.  She may think she's sticking it to Joy, but Joy is not the one who ends up looking like an annoying brat.

• Love 14

Because it makes ‘sparks’. She pulls all the focus, creates buzz and  chatter it’s evident even here and it’s never going to change as long as she commands the attention of everyone, everything everywhere.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Dahlia said:

Because it makes ‘sparks’. She pulls all the focus, creates buzz and  chatter it’s evident even here and it’s never going to change as long as she commands the attention of everyone, everything everywhere.

But she looks like an immature asshole.

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, Dahlia said:

She receives a lot of focus everywhere because she's problematic. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, in other words.

• Love 10

After having just talked about the Michael Jackson documentary they had Lionel Richie on the show, and spoke about the We are the world song, and showed clips of the live recording, which showed Michael Jackson.

I just found it strange since Abby mentioned if she heard one of his songs she would probably walk out of the room, then they actually showed a clip of Michael singing later in the show. 

I wish they would have asked Lionel Richie on his thoughts about the documentary. 

• Love 17

Ana also said that she was happy to have her dad walk her down the aisle.  Although Meghan got married when her father was still living, he was unable to walk her down the aisle.  That might have hurt her a bit. 

...She’s still a hateful shrew though! 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I LOVE it when Meghan is told in simple terms that what she's proclaiming loudly and adamantly simply isn't true.  I wish it happened more often.

I actually know Joy, and she's very funny all on her own.  She has a quick wit, and she always has - long before social media. 

Of course some people may think of the same funny lines (or variations), but I really don't think that most successful comedians rely on social media for their material.   Exact wording and delivery are what set really true, funny comedians apart from everyone else.   I saw similar lines about Trump and the flag on social media, but Joy's wording was different and her timing and delivery were what made it really funny. 

(Just to clarify:  Joy and I are not besties.  I want to clearly set myself apart from Meghan who claims to be BFF's with everyone.)

Meghan's definition of "friend" seems to be pretty loose.  

And I also don't care who her friends are or how many she has.  Her constant interrupting to inform us that "She's a good friend of miiiiiiiiiine!"  is annoying and completely unnecessary.  I don't care who she texted the night before or who she emailed.  She throws that nonsense in our faces as though it's proof of how close she is to all these people.  Who cares if she is or if she isn't?   She has the mindset of a middle school girl who wants to seem popular. 

As with all things Meghan, I find it laughable.

To take your point further, I watch Trevor Noah and then Stephen Colbert every night. Many many times they tell the same joke. No one stole it from each other as they both tape at the same time. And like you said, in regard to timing and delivery, sometimes Colbert nails it and sometimes Trevor nails it.

I’m so jealous that you know Joy. Joy reminds me of my mother with her looks and my moms friends with the biting humor. We’re Italian Americans and I just know if joy gave me the chance, she’d adore me. 😂😂

im waiting for joy to get off her chair and biff meaghan in the head the next time she interrupts her intro. 

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She receives a lot of focus everywhere because she's problematic. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, in other words.

Exactly  I guess that’s what’s called rewarding  bad behaviour.

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

To take your point further, I watch Trevor Noah and then Stephen Colbert every night.

Don’t want to go off topic but that’s my nightly schedule as well - Trevor then Stephen 😎. I’ll leave it at that. 😊

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I loveeeeee how they’re doing a segment on Ana’s wedding. Abby is asking questions about it but Meghan hasn’t really said a word. Ohhhh honey, the shade

And @blondiec0332 are you okay? 

Did they give this much attention to Meh's wedding last year? 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie squealed & wriggled like a four-yr.-old when Ryan Seacrest was talking about AI & her "bestie" Clay Aiken appeared on the screen.  How rude & childish!!!

It was absolutely juvenile....she is such an idiot

• Love 9
9 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

After having just talked about the Michael Jackson documentary they had Lionel Richie on the show, and spoke about the We are the world song, and showed clips of the live recording, which showed Michael Jackson.

I noticed that too.  Awkward!  I do love Lionel Richie though.  

• Love 5
16 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Was her boyfriend's name George Glass? 

Ha! For the uninitiated (and the young) among us, here's the reference:

12 hours ago, Dahlia said:

It's obvious Meghan was a very indulged child. I don't always think she does these things (or initially does them) to troll Joy. I think she grew up with parents who treated her like her shit was ice cream.

Yesterday's recognition of the Red Hat ladies struck me that way. I don't think she set out, in that instance, to derail Joy. Meghan thinks whatever she has to say is of the utmost importance, which (a) it is not and (b) is why she thinks it's a cardinal sin to try to respond to things she's saying mid-stream and then act like she's never allowed to talk.

I don't suppose there are any obsessive fans (or anti-fans) who have charted Meghan's speaking time versus that of the other co-hosts. I'm pretty sure she talks the most. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

It's obvious Meghan was a very indulged child. I don't always think she does these things (or initially does them) to troll Joy. I think she grew up with parents who treated her like her shit was ice cream.

I agree but she is in her 30s now.  Most people when they grow up and are away from their overindulgent parents and have to deal with the real world they learn that the world does not in fact revolve around them.  A spoiled child is the parent's fault. A spoiled adult is the spoiled adult's fault.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Marigny said:

Did they give this much attention to Meh's wedding last year? 

IMO, the attention was comparable (unlike Joy's nuptials, actually!  And let's never forget Star's endless hoopla for her brief, fake marriage - hope her new one is happy - in retrospect, she was not as unbearable as I used to think! )

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Totally agree with Sunny. When I saw the R. Kelly interview, all I could think about is, where is his lawyer?! It was a train wreck but Gayle definitely handled it well. 

And wow, did anyone catch how hard Meghan rolled her eyes when Ana said something to Abby just now? Was that really necessary? Smh. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Totally agree with Sunny. When I saw the R. Kelly interview, all I could think about is, where is his lawyer?! It was a train wreck but Gayle certainly handled it well. 

And wow, did anyone catch how hard Meghan rolled her eyes when Ana said something to Abby just now? Was that really necessary? Smh. 

She is so immature- 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

And the Trump apologist (aka Abby) strikes again! What in the world does Trump being impeached have to do with what is being discussed - Cohen being believed over Trump?

Plus, impeachment is a political process and not a criminal one.  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And the Trump apologist (aka Abby) strikes again! What in the world does Trump being impeached have to do with what is being discussed - Cohen being believed over Trump?

And what do public opinion and polls have to do with the pursuit of charges when a crime has been committed?

• Love 14